What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Sorry to post this so many places, but it’s been a game changer for me!!

Passing it on in case it’s something that might appeal to you too!

There are 19 teams (so far) with 20+ spots left!!!!

Each team has 4 spots

Each day, meet your personalized
    Move Goal
    30 mins of Exercise
    12 Stand hours
    To help your team win! (You get a whopping 12 additional points plus 4 for each team member who does the same!)

Very motivating!!

(You can do more of each to help even more!)

Download Challenges app (it’s easy to do!)

Press “Join existing challenge”

Enter: nv8g to be part of the NFP Challenge

YaY!

By the way I didn’t hear about this in August until the 8th of the month, and the Challenges app went and captured my Move, Exercise, and Stand data.

SO It’s never too late to join the Fun!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    nicnz wrote: »
    The sun is shining on the 2nd day of spring down-under, and feeling much better now, so just been for lunch time walk (& coffee).
    To get anywhere decent it's at least a 15min walk down the hill to city. - making the most of it before rain comes in a couple days!!
    Oh... I've been to the Wellington Botanic Garden! The wonderful Lady Norwood Rose Garden is there. Thank you for the trip down memory lane of our 2014 trip to New Zealand and Australia! Aside from walking there was a cable car (funicular) that traversed the length of that hill...but I, too, remember walking it...and it IS steep. The Wellington Beehive was not far from the bottom of that hill. We went to visit Zealandia Sanctuary when we were there. New Zealand is just lovely! Thank you for sharing your pictures.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life your most welcome - am glad you had a fabulous time here :)
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    Motorcycle riding through out the day errands but still so nice spin bike this evening logged my food got my exercise in and stayed way under
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Snowshoe072: would love to hear more about motorcycle trips taken or future plans. I actually track my rides as exercise, since it does burn calories navigating the bike.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    Options
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    I just made my first batch of homemade pesto...NOW I know why people rave about it! :)

ooo .. @leeh31 can we have the recipe please :flowerforyou:
  • w8goal4life
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    We have a Wellness Walk/Run every second Friday at 9:00. Today I was the only one brave (crazy?) enough to go due to the howling gale (I'm in South Africa so not Dorian...) It was onshore so I didn't even get help in one direction, but although it was run/walk, I did my 30 minutes and got my points for my insurance wellness program (which means I get a spin on the rewards board next week and get cashback on my running shoes.) I can't complain about the opportunity to run in this beautiful environment during working hours...
    @Dory_42 I can attest to beautiful South Africa. We loved Capetown, Kirstenbosch, Boulders Beach African penguins, Cape of Good Hope, Zimbabwe's beautiful Victoria Falls at its shared border with Zambia and, of course, our wildlife safaris in Botswana and Sabi Sands Greater Kruger National Park. Glad to have you back on board with us. Would love to see more of your pics. It's always great to see where other UAC members get their outdoor exercise.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Looking for suggestions for high protein low calorie low carb snack foods...anyone? Just as a side note, I'm allergic to all tree nuts, oats, soybeans and fresh fruit with skins (i.e apples, peaches, etc ) and I also have a stomach intolerance to eggs and bananas. I know...crazy!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    hil331115 wrote: »
    Looking for suggestions for high protein low calorie low carb snack foods...anyone? Just as a side note, I'm allergic to all tree nuts, oats, soybeans and fresh fruit with skins (i.e apples, peaches, etc ) and I also have a stomach intolerance to eggs and bananas. I know...crazy!

Have you tried greek yogurt? delicious with honey or even a spoon of jam or some fruits also some people have it on top of cereal

Also cottage cheese, chicken and fish are all high protein with low cals

I usually have a cooked chicken in the fridge just for snacking

Hope these are of help :)

• Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,711 Member
    Options
    hil331115 wrote: »

You could try protein shakes or quest bars -so many flavors or simply some cheeses as a snack
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    A couple of pictures from my day...Little Abby our hand raised seal pup who stranded last year and a couple of the resident adult seals.

Thank you so much for sharing...you have an interesting career!