TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Username: kilobykilo

Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: almost everything, a full day of tracking is within sight!
    Calories: Over by a little
    Exercise: nope, first day back at work coupled with the return of the heat left me useless......!
    Healthier Habits: nothing really to report, need to curb the post dinner snacking again pronto
    Goals or Day: ok day. Not back to my best but I will get there. At least day one at work is done!!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Happy tuesday everyone! I hope those of you celebrating labor day yesterday had a lovely day and everyone else's week is going well so far!

I was back at work yesterday after 4.5 weeks off so when my alarm sounded this morning it felt like it should be at least Thursday already!
    Really hoping to have the energy and will to get out and do some exercise after work..... until the end of july I was training for a 10km but only ran twice in August..... need tonget back on it or my race in october will be messy!!!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Sunday August Week 5 (8/31)
    PW 219.8
    CW: 219.2

Didn't do great, but consistently small loses. September should be better. I have more privacy now at work. I'm not in cubicle land anymore. Moving tomorrow to a quieter spot.

@Toyota100 - I copied this over from August. I believe this was meant for your Sunday weigh-in for Week #1 Sept. 9/1/19

:) I'll record it as such since I see you had 5 weigh-ins for September. That's right! Consistently small losses!! :) Keep it going.
  • johicks
    Options
    @mawash9 - Also believe that this was meant for you first weigh-in for September. As you did have a weigh-in for Week #5- August. Sorry, it does get confusing as we switch over to a new month.

Mawash9
    PW 228
    CW 231😩
    Just completed a fun weekend of wedding festivities. I am hopeful this is mostly water retention ( let’s just say there has been a lot of celebration going for the last few days🤪)
    Now back to the grind stone after going off the rails. Will need to ensure I track everything again moving forward. If given the opportunity to change things? Nope can’t think of a thing 🤣🤣🤣
  • johicks
    Options
    A few days late.
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Sep., Week 1 (9/01)
    PW: 248.4
    CW: 249.8
    Need to get my head back in the game!
    Be here for the team daily! (Which helps me keep my head in the game.)

• johicks
    Options
    @Rozbee1 - Glad you are sticking around for another month. Let’s do this!! Oh no! You’re in the hospital. Sorry to hear. I hope this is cleared up for you soon and you’re up and back at ‘em fiercely.
    @angiesjourney & midsummer174627 - We’re excited, too!! Glad you’re part of our team!
    @skullsandskeletons~ I like your short posts… they tell me you are working diligently, every day. That’s encouraging. Thanks for sharing. I hope to be a better team leader this month than I was in August. I think I have help now, too. So excited about your success!!
    @jovsfood ~ Hello! Glad you are part of our team. Try to check-in daily. If you miss a weigh-in we will remind you.
    @Leebett! Hello! My struggle has also been lifelong. Thanks for sharing your story. Yes, let’s check-in daily and be accountable. I do better here on the thread than I do with friends on MFP. But feel free to add me. Saturday - Sounds like you did great!! Way to be mindful and present in your choices of parking and walking, budgeting calories and planning ahead. Keep it up. Sunday - Wow! Amazing. You did great at the ballpark. Good job!
    @midsummer174627- I also lost a bunch of weight, but couldn’t keep it off. I swear this is my last journey. I’m not giving up. I’m learning my triggers and how to adjust life to my health. I’m not perfect and I’m still learning; but doggone it! I’m going to do it! You are the only one that can decide what healthy habits you want to achieve this month. Mine is merely tracking! When I stop, I fall off. I think it’s a great one-- measuring, instead of eyeballing. Then you can learn when going out how to better eyeball.
    @red1185~ Gald you’re still here for another month! Your NSV’s are inspiring. Thank you for reminding us it’s not just about the scale.
    @Pearl4686~ Hey! Eyes forward. ;) We’re not looking back. We’re not giving up. This is a new month and we can do this. We’re going to focus on the fact that WE DID LOSE, therefore we know WE CAN DO it. And also that we have now stopped ourselves in time before letting any more of our loss find us. We got this!!
    @DD2020~ Good Saturday!! Yeah you!! Sunday was Superb!! Wonderful! Please be sure to tell us more about the TRX workout & stretch/mobility program. It’s always exciting to hear about new workouts. It’s inspiring and encouraging.
    @kilobykilo~ Hello, there Kate. Woooooohoooooo! You’ve done great at getting off the weight and now down to the last 20-30# That’s exciting! We’re glad you’re on the team and ready to make September Super!!
    @ajaia2001~ Wooohooooo! A workout and a relaxing Sunday. :)
    @DogMom919~ Awesome Sunday! :) Way to plan. That will help w/mindful eating. Yeah!!
    @Jovsfood~ Sounds like a super Sunday! Good job!!
    @skullsandskeletons~ It’s the beginning of the week and I know you. You will be diligent and strong to stay on track. :) Don’t feel pressured to post your water, it was only a suggestion to be more mindful.
    @jupdyke~ Superb Sunday w/pilates and family time. Yeah, you!! Yes, your weigh-in day is now Saturday. :) I’m glad you’re making it easy on yourself to only have the one weigh-in day. Thank you. I slacked off in August… but am striving for September to back at it. I can tell that I don’t do as well when I am not here.
    @bootssowhite ~ Hi Cait! Sounds like you’re handling everything, pretty well. Yes.. being out of control is no fun. You recognize it and want to change. And even more importantly are here to talk about it! Being mindful of our behavior helps. I hope you find a good strategy for the barrage of junk at work. What about gum? Or bringing in ONE item that you know YOU want to eat that is healthy to have an option for when all this takes place. I am learning that we can’t control everything or everyone when it comes to people wanting to celebrate with food. But I can give myself options with what I bring in, plus gum and a fun bottle of water. Meaning that I choose a favorite water bottle to help remind me to be in control. It works 90% of the time. :)
    @kilibykilo~ Yep. Baby steps to get back into it! Water and tracking are my first two go-to’s; then I tackle the nighttime eating. Then add back exercise. I’m learning how to get back on faster when I fall off the rails. For me, that’s progress. You can do it!!
    @goodsreadgal ~ Yes! Yes, you did start well. Great loss!! “Weigh” to start out the month!!
    @Leebett~ Hey. A loss is a loss is a loss! And so much better than a gain! Keep working at it. It will come off. You got this!!

More to read and comment. I just need to take a little break. I WILL back this morning. This commitment to you is to help me. :D

P.S. - I see teammates wanting "buddies." After I get caught up, I'll ask some of our "oldies" but goodies if they want to be a buddy with a newbie and get ya hooked up! :D

BRB

• johicks
    Options
    7xd03o5zh6fy.jpg

Please help me in congratulating @Pearl4686 for stepping up to be co-captain. She has decided to help her journey by encouraging all of you, too. I think it will be great. It's a win-win when you're helping others. It makes one more mindful and accountable. Now, you will have two of us cheering you on! So please say "Hey!" and thank @Pearl4686 for helping out.

GO TEAM RTM!!
  • johicks
    Options
    @slytherclawz~ Nice loss. Yeah, you for getting in those workouts!! When I get stressed about all that I have to do… I take a deep breath, make a list, prioritize it; then remind myself… I can only do one thing at a time. Then try to focus. I hope you have a great getaway.
    @midsummer174627~Saturday…. Yep. It’s funny how as adults, we become kids again when with parents. You did great on getting in a 4-mile run and brushing teeth after dinner. Yeah!!
    @pearl4686! LOL Yep.. I now see the name change as I typed in Pearla out of habit. ;) Please do not panic. You are not going backward and will not. You are part of a great team of support. You posting here is HUGE in taking the right steps to keep you on track. Just breeeeeeath. Focus on one thing to get you back on track. Today, I’m going to track. I’m going to work really hard, also, on my nighttime eating. But most importantly, I’m going to track no matter what. I’m learning that when I fall, and fall hard and far from the tracks, focusing on ONE thing is the best for me Otherwise I get overwhelmed and stressed out. What kind of strategy can you put into place to stop that 4 pm binge? What is it about that time that sets you off? Perhaps taking a little mindful break about 3pm or 3:30pm to chat yourself up and get your mindset for the rest of the day. You know? We wake up all gung-ho! Maybe we need to reboot about that time too!? GOOD JOB!!! Yes, writing to the group helps so much! Proud of you for that veggie supper and texting your workout group. YEAH!!! And for signing up to be my co-captain!!
    @jovsfood~ Monday… Great day! Yeah, you!!
    @DogMom919~ Good weigh-in. Awesome loss. You did great on tracking. Yeah!! Good job, Monday, for tracking everything!!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good Monday! Yeah! You are being consistent with water, rather than giving up. :)
    @DDay2020~ Wow! Another great day! Magnificent Monday! I like YouTube workouts. Thanks for sharing that.
    @Toyota100- Good Sunday and fun walking, I’m sure at the zoo. Good for you on soaking up some information on nutrition. Having knowledge will give you power. You are going to do great and hit that 200lb mark soon!!
    @ajaia2001~ Wooohooooo! I love hearing about the outdoor class. I vow to get some stadium laps in this fall when at the football field. May not be much, but I will. So inspiring. Magnificent Monday!
    @jupdyke~ Awesome Holiday training! Wooohoooo! Your workouts are going to be great! Excited for you. I miss that energetic feeling. I know I will get it back. First things first, back to tracking. ;)
    @Leebett~ Sorry to hear you are sick. You did great on tracking and being under. Don’t be too hard on yourself. When you don’t feel good it’s hard to be motivated to do anything. You will shake off the cold and then move more!!
    @bootssowhite~ Good job on getting in the exercise, first. I like doing that too. Then feel so good the rest of the day.
    @kilibykilo ~ Kate…. Good report for Monday. Being mindful =awesome!! LOL It’s Tuesday but feels like Thursday. Right!? !! lol You’re going to run a 10k in October… good for you!! That’s inspiring!

All caught up on posts. :) You’ve all really encouraged me to get back at this and be more accountable! THANK YOU!!
    Fortunately, I have some extra time this morning. I want to get completely caught up so I can focus on being back on my healthy lifestyle. Two more tasks for the team…
    1) recap week #5 and August t congratulate our team. It always helps to motivate our team for the new month.
    2) Pair up buddies.
  • johicks
    Options
    kh7jtw7lj011.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    BUDDY SYSTEM..... LAST CHANCE
    I see that only newbies signed up. Last chance for anyone else to get a buddy to be accountable with and to encourage and challenge each other. Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?
  • johicks
    edited September 2019
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK #5
    mcd9ak5rhrsj.gif
    OUR top three for August week #5 had a total loss of 7.4lbs
    🥇 1st - @skullsandskeletons. - 1.38% loss of 3.0lbs
    🥈 2nd - @germaine_yee. - 1.35% loss of 1.8lbs
    🥉 3rd - @Mawash9. - 1.13% loss of 2.6lbs

AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 5 WINNER 1st - @AB0215. - 1.86%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO FLAB-U-LESS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 5!!

August Week 5 is now in the books!

Week 5 was a very challenging week out of what seemed like a very long month. Great job making it through! Week 1 of September is around the corner, let's start strong! i

Below are the full results for Week 5.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @AB0215. - 1.86%
    2nd - @skrowe88. - 1.80%
    3rd - @ethelsmommy. - 1.65%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Flab-U-Less. - 0.44%
    2nd - The Slimsons. - 0.05%
    3rd - Run Track Minds. - 0.04%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @ethelsmommy. - 1.65%
    2nd - @stubbornloser. - 1.47%
    3rd - @annabananamc. - 1.20%

The Slimsons
    1st - @AB0215. - 1.86%
    2nd - @skrowe88. - 1.80%
    3rd - @lsjhudson. - 0.98%

Gutbusters
    1st - @shalvy2007. - 0.83%
    2nd - @motis3678. - 0.75%
    3rd - @Shewhoismany. - 0.74%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @skullsandskeletons. - 1.38% loss of 3.0lbs
    2nd - @germaine_yee. - 1.35% loss of 1.8lbs
    3rd - @Mawash9. - 1.13% loss of 2.6lbs

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @MamboRumba. - 1.57%
    2nd - @WA_Teacher. - 1.49%
    3rd - @Katchoi. - 1.19%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @skrowe88. - 3.8 lbs.
    2nd - @ethelsmommy. - 3.7 lbs.
    3rd - @WA_Teacher. - 3.4 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - -7.9 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 2.7 lbs.
    Gutbusters - -.3 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 1.5 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 13.6 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 9.6 lbs

• Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I want a buddy! I know I'm a newbie too! Wow @johicks thanks for taking the time to respond to all of those posts. Glad you have a cocaptain to help you keep up!
  • johicks
    edited September 2019
    Options
    AUGUST
    qaw7dqyz1n14.gif

🏆 We are doing so so good as a team and as individuals each of us losing!! As a team, we have finished in the top three consecutively in the last FOUR months. 🏆
    🥇May in first place 🥇
    🥈 June in second place 🥈
    🥇July in first place 🥇
    🥈August in second place 🥈
    How awesome is that!? Let’s see if we can finish in the top three again as a team for September. This will mean as an individual you WILL also have a Superb September!! Let’s go RUN TRACK MINDS!

mcd9ak5rhrsj.gif
    OUR top three for August had a total loss of 31.6lbs
    🥇 1st - @skullsandskeletons. - 4.87% loss of 11.0lbs
    🥈 2nd - @slytherclawz. - 4.77% loss of 13lbs
    🥉 3rd - @Maddiesmommy6611. - 3.90% loss of 7.6lbs

And Super-Duper to our 3rd place biggest loser by lbs.... @slytherclawz loss of 13lbs

AB0215 wrote: »
    THE AUGUST'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @Shewhoismany. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 8.92% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN AUGUST IS ..... GUTBUSTERS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM GUTBUSTERS!

WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH AUGUST TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. ALL WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3%, AND EVEN 4 OR 5% OR MORE LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 206.1 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @HASWLRS. @pkg1998. @AB0215. @gjaholy33. @mram3582. @johicks. @BonnieHosk85. @motis3678. AND COACH @craigo3154.!! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE AUGUST GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Shewhoismany. - 8.92%
    2nd - @MamboRumba. - 7.07%
    3rd - @Dustyspal. - 4.92%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 1.60%
    🏆2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.76% 🏆
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.73%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @stubbornloser. - 4.87%
    2nd - @Ar_cervantes. - 3.93%
    3rd - @Caronell. - 3.92%

The Slimsons
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 4.92%
    2nd - @cydneebauman. - 3.44%
    3rd - @AB0215. - 3.25%

Gutbusters
    1st - @Shewhoismany. - 8.92%
    2nd - @carol_shantz. - 4.55%
    3rd - @betsychange. - 4.25%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @skullsandskeletons. - 4.87% loss of 11# :flowerforyou:
    2nd - @slytherclawz. - 4.77% loss of 13# :flowerforyou:
    3rd - @Maddiesmommy6611. - 3.90% loss of 7.6# :flowerforyou:

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @MamboRumba. - 7.07%
    2nd - @Katchoi. - 3.44%
    3rd - @debbie14892. - 3.43%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 15.4 lbs.
    2nd - @Shewhoismany. - 13.2 lbs.
    :flowerforyou: 3rd - @slytherclawz. - 13.0 lbs. :flowerforyou:

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 27.5 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 26.6 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 81.7 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 36.4 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 33.9 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 206.1 lbs

• johicks
    Options
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg/
    Here are some statistics for AUGUST 2019 as Team @RunTrackMinds…
    24 (71%) out of 34 registered, stuck with us and weighed in every week.
    18 (67% ) of the 27 members loss or stayed the same in the month of August for a total loss of 64.7lbs, see the breakdown of how much we loss below and below that our total net loss:
    2- 4% or higher for 24.0lbs
    3- 3.0-3.99% for 27.5lbs
    0- 2.0-2.99%
    4- 1.0-1.99% for 10.2lbs
    4- Below 1% for 3.0lbs
    Our losses = 64.7 lbs, our gains =26.8 lbs, and our overall net loss = 37.9 lbs.
    w59d5virr6sg.gif
  • johicks
    Options
    Leebett wrote: »
    I want a buddy! I know I'm a newbie too! Wow @johicks thanks for taking the time to respond to all of those posts. Glad you have a cocaptain to help you keep up!

Thank you! Yep... I have you on the list to match up with a buddy. Just thought I'd give some oldies a chance to be matched up with some of our newbies. :D
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I am too late, but I would love a buddy..
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I'm super excited to continue with this challenge and hopefully have a more successful month than I have so far this summer. I've managed to trend at a loss but it has been SLOW moving with something like only 3-5 pounds total lost since May! Super frustrating, but I also had a very busy fun summer and I wouldn't trade that for faster weight loss. It is what it is and life happens! I kept saying after the holiday weekend, my life would slow down and I could focus my energy, buttttt looking at a calendar, this month is going to be crazy busy too. I start my new job on Monday, my birthday is coming up, BF and I are going to Montana for a wedding, we are still trying to move, and its college football season! I think busy might be my new normal.....but thats ok! I am still committed and I do still plan to work a little bit harder to up the rate of loss this month, but it will all be one day at time
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hello all! So, I'm not sure what I've let myself into but I'm honoured to join @johicks as co-captain and look forward to it!
    I've found I stick to plan best when I check in regularly and that tends to be the first thing to slip when I mess up.
    So, I'm hoping that by cheering you all on, I'll stay on track too.
    I'm probably not as diligent as @johicks but I'll try checking in at least once daily and keeping you all on your toes ;)
    Good luck everyone!
  • johicks
    Options
    @angiesjourney~ You are not too late for the buddy system. I’ll match up tonight or tomorrow morning. :) Hopefully, we get a few more people.
    @jwall309~ I think losing slow is great versus the yo-yo of big loss/ big gain. You are going to keep that off. I gained in the month of August. :( And you’re overall attitude w/ making smart choices and enjoying life.. Is amazing. I know, I tell you often. But I want the newbies to know that it CAN be done!! Good job. Thanks for being here again this month.
    @Perla4686~ I haven’t been as diligent as in the past. I think that having two of us, will help everyone!

• skullsandskeletons
    Options
    @johicks you can match me up with a buddy if you like!
This discussion has been closed.