MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    Greetings Slimpossibles!
    I'm barging in while you're working on finding a new Captain, just to help with the housekeeping and to prove, once again, that I'm
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

Weigh-ins are due for MONDAY and one left over from SUNDAY:
    @Hollis100
    @angielove88
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @leonadixon
    @nlalamin04

Thanks!
    Whoever gets there first will put them on the spreadsheet - please click "Insightful" when they are recorded so we all know which weights are taken care of, ok? @broncobuddee - if you need no help, other help, or whatever would work best for you and the team, just let me know :)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I have been tracking my own steps daily (say my goal for the next day, and then note in a daily check-in whether I made it), but I find the idea of tracking everybody's steps a bit intimidating. Any great detail people out there interested?
    Did you hit the treadmill on Saturday, as you were hoping to do? Or get out for a walk to get those steps in?

Yes, I did have a spreadsheet where I was keeping track of my steps but then this whole house moving thing has really gotten in the way. Once I'm settled I will start tracking again and maybe in October, I will be able to keep track of everyone who wants to join in on a challenge. I do love me a good spreadsheet! ;)

[...]

We have a spot at the bottom of our spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18w9bl04Iag3IWt2Bex6UwwuNyJjOU5vcF8Mydrnn8BM/edit#gid=2032789470). I'm happy to log team steps there if interested.
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Username: angielove88
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 172.2
    Current Weight: 172.8

Hello again!

It's been a long summer without you guys!
    I strayed away from my routine of working out regularly and eating healthy and I gained about 5 lbs, which isn't the worst thing but I know I didn't have to if I kept up with my workouts.

I am a full time baker at a local cupcakery and cafe, so I am up and about really early in the day. By the time I'm off I am exhausted from being on my feet. Also I love sweets! So baking is hard without tasting what I am making. I have gotten better at not eating as much on the job and only when I am absolutely hungry.

This morning was wonderful. My boyfriend and I went on a early morning hike since we were both off from work. It was nice being active and feeling my body move.

This time around I'd like to lose a few more lbs.for myself and for an upcoming vacation to El Salvador in January. Where there will lots of outdoor activities and I need to keep my stamina and endurance up

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Last week weight 135?
    Today 134.2
    Calories under
    Exercise bike
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking and weights
    Goals tomorrow: under 25 carbs
    more walking and weights
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @bronchobuddee, thanks for the offer to record our steps. This week for me is crazy because I'm moving next Monday but soon I would love to help get a challenge going. Maybe we can do it in a couple of weeks or so. :)

@angielove88, wow working in a bakery would not be good for me! I once worked for a couple of years at Starbucks and their pastries and free coffee wasn't not helpful for my diet. You might need to just draw a hard line in the sand that you don't eat the sweets you bake. Maybe allow yourself one treat a week so you have that to look forward to. Keep that vacation firmly in your mind and you will achieve your goals! :)

Monday Check-In:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: stayed late at work and did some packing once I got home.

I'm on the final countdown to the move into my new house. I'm excited but this week is going to be busy. I will try to check in as much as I can! :)

• SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh @angielove88, I could never work in a bakery. I love baked stuff! Well done for not eating everything you see :)

Monday check in:

Calories : under
    Water : over
    Exercise : beginners strength routine and half hour run
    Goal/improvement for tomorrow : I was rubbish with procrastination today. I did achieve one important thing but I had time for so much more, and just... didn't. Trouble is I'm going out with a friend tomorrow so I won't be able to focus on work much.. So goal will be to simply come in under calories, as she wants to get lunch out.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm totally up for a step challenge!!!

And I'm trying not to eat all of the salty things at work tonight, like I did last week before weigh-in day :|:#
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday Check in:
    Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: Took a couple of walks, did a lot of cleaning and moving around for today – almost 15,000 steps!

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

My September goal: 205 lbs – I ended August on a gain and tore into just eating whatever for several days so this accounts all of that.

I'm not sure why I decided to abandon all sense of reason eating these past several days, ending on a real tear over the holiday weekend. I'm glad I'll be back on a routine now - I obviously need the structure. Getting to 205 means losing some pounds again (won't know what the damage is until tomorrow morning). On a brighter note, my old lady aches and pains are so much better and I'm exercising more - looking forward to continuing that trend as I back down to the kind of calorie and sodium numbers needed for losing. =>

A good week to all - lots of great progress here, love reading about how everyone is doing!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday Check in:
    Calories: over
    Water: under
    Exercise: Took a couple of walks, did a lot of cleaning and moving around for today – almost 15,000 steps!

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

My September goal: 205 lbs – I ended August on a gain and tore into just eating whatever for several days so this accounts all of that.

I'm not sure why I decided to abandon all sense of reason eating these past several days, ending on a real tear over the holiday weekend. I'm glad I'll be back on a routine now - I obviously need the structure. Getting to 205 means losing some pounds again (won't know what the damage is until tomorrow morning). On a brighter note, my old lady aches and pains are so much better and I'm exercising more - looking forward to continuing that trend as I back down to the kind of calorie and sodium numbers needed for losing. =>

A good week to all - lots of great progress here, love reading about how everyone is doing!

I totally mean Monday check-in!!!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 206.5
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Exercise: housework

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Gym at lunch
    Increase protein

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday

First day of school - yay!!! Back to the routine!

Goals for today:
    1. Workout in the morning ✅
    2. Eat only what I bring to work
    3. Drink 100oz of water
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I haven't been around for awhile as I've been on vacation, spent a week camping. I had a great time but it's good to get back to a routine. My eating hasn't been great and I need to start exercising again. I'll be weighing in tomorrow and I'm sure there will be a gain, but I can't let it get me down.

Some of my goals for the week are:

Drink my water and stay hydrated.
    Start logging my food/calories again.
    Start working out again.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I haven't been around for awhile as I've been on vacation, spent a week camping. I had a great time but it's good to get back to a routine. My eating hasn't been great and I need to start exercising again. I'll be weighing in tomorrow and I'm sure there will be a gain, but I can't let it get me down.

Some of my goals for the week are:

Drink my water and stay hydrated.
    Start logging my food/calories again.
    Start working out again.

Welcome Back!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/2 checkin
    Username: leonadixon
    Previous Weight: 196.8
    Weigh in Week 1 (9/2): 198.2
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Greetings Slimpossibles!
    I'm barging in while you're working on finding a new Captain, just to help with the housekeeping and to prove, once again, that I'm
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

@Hollis100
    @angielove88
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @leonadixon
    @nlalamin04

Thanks!
    Whoever gets there first will put them on the spreadsheet - please click "Insightful" when they are recorded so we all know which weights are taken care of, ok? @broncobuddee - if you need no help, other help, or whatever would work best for you and the team, just let me know :)

Are we supposed to enter our own information? Sorry, I have not done that before. ..? I posted my Monday weigh in just now above.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week:1
    Previous Weight: 207
    Current Weight: 212
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Greetings Slimpossibles!
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

@Hollis100
    @angielove88
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @leonadixon
    @nlalamin04

Thanks!

Are we supposed to enter our own information? Sorry, I have not done that before. ..? I posted my Monday weigh in just now above.

All set. You post it in the team thread, as you did, and a captain or moderator will enter it in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Monday Check In
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (123 min); strength training (at the gym!) (25 min); Classical Stretch session (25 min)
    Steps: way exceeded my goal

Tuesday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise:
    - outdoor walk ✅
    - platform stepping
    Steps: at least 7500 ✅
    Martial Arts: at least 30 minutes of forms work
This discussion has been closed.