TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    MamboRumba wrote: »
    johicks wrote: »
    BUDDY SYSTEM..... LAST CHANCE
    I see that only newbies signed up. Last chance for anyone else to get a buddy to be accountable with and to encourage and challenge each other. Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?

I would like a Buddy for motivation. I am on Team Flab-U-Less.....so, I am not sure if anyone can request that is not on this team. Thanks!

I was going to buddy up our RTM teammates, so they could check up on one another. I'm not sure of the rules of posting in other team's threads either.
  • johicks
    Thank you for all of your support @johicks! Best team captain award to you! 🎉

aaaaaawwwwww! Thanks! Just when I feel like I've bailed on you over the last couple of weeks. But I KNOW I need this as much as you all do.

I'm not giving up, not giving in. We are in this together!!! And you, my friend... are doing fabulous! Keep working hard and being that example! Thank you!!
  • johicks
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Great! I have you down to be a buddy. :)
    @Jactop~ Drats. You have (me too) lost it before, you can do it again. We’re not giving up!!
    @goodreadsgal~ Good job on your Tuesday of tracking, being under calories, and 1hr walk! Yeah, you!!
    @midsummer174627 ~ :) I will pair off buddies, yet this morning. I am hoping that the buddies will chat in here so that we can all be encouraged by their accountability. Oh my! 9+ hours in the car. Getting back to the routine will be a good thing, for sure. I always do better when I’m in my routine. - Tuesday…. Awesome! Way to get right back on track! Those two: tracking and being under are monumental in getting back at it! Good job! I hope you enjoy your Weds. Workout!! Be as real as you want. This is our safe place!!! Thanks for sharing. Good NSV and good goal!
    @Jovsfood~ You did great - Terrific Tuesday!! I hope that you feel better soon and feel well.
    @DogMom919~You had a Terrific Tuesday. I think creating habits that will stick is a good start. When trying to do everything all at once, it can be overwhelming. You got tracking and being under calories down. Exercise and healthier habits will come.
    @Leebett~ You had a Terrific Tuesday, too. That moving gravel sounds like a great workout!
    @jupdyke~ Wonderful run! Terrific Tuesday- you’re back at it! And back to school too.
    @DDay2020~ Great job on packing food ahead!! What is the TRX?? Great day on doing what it takes to lose the weight: tracking, being under, and some exercise! Yeah, you!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Terrific Tuesday and one more cup of water. Keep it at four for the week, then perhaps weekly you can increase in a way that will be easily kept as a new habit. !?!?? Good job!
    @wander216~ Terrific Tuesday!! Way to be on target w/ calories and tracking!
    @Pearl4686~ thanks for being co-captain and the extra words of encouragement!! I laughed at something you wrote about getting in exercise… and that when it’s “real life” it’s a bonus. I didn’t laugh at you…. I chuckled because I’m struggling again. So to make me feel useful, I marched in place while doing dishes. I try to do this when I do dishes. But hubby has been doing them lately, as he’s not working right now. So that helps me feel like I’m really getting something done! LOL Oh, those mind games!

as for me.... my Tuesday, slowly getting there.
    Track: yes!
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: marching some while doing dishes, but not 20 minutes worth
    Water: 10

• johicks
    kpfw5hnewtbk.png

There are no rules. I am hoping that you will reach out to one another on here by commenting on each others' posts. Then when the other hasn't been posting to find out what has happened to your buddy. And by your accountability to each other in our team thread, we will be inspired and encouraged by your support. I randomly assigned by drawing names.

If you need help navigating MFP, let me know. I'll do my best.

Buddy pair #1
    @kilobykilo and @angiesjourney

Buddy pair #2
    @DDay2020 and @goodreadsgal

Buddy pair #3
    @Jovsfood and @skullsandskeletons

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    m8mzbjqp3z70.jpg

Oh, this is a good one!! I needed to hear this today. A few months ago I prepared many of these photo posts as inspiration for our team. I have them ready to go through the end of October. So, when they come up it's also good for me too. It's like I'm reading it for the first time.

• johicks
    Weigh-Ins. Weeks begin on Sunday and run until the following Saturday.
    Week #1 in "Super September" @RTM team members that still need to weigh-in:

@LuluLovinLife... Sun
    @Klilev … Mon
    @Melonpaul . . . Mon
    @rlidl57 . . . Mon

jcwmouvjxpb8.gif
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Good morning team.
    I have not had a great week so far. Both my little boys are sick. My 3 month old just wants to be held, even all night long. I haven’t logged and have been snacking all day. When I woke up today, I decided to get back into it. Today is a new day. Hoping a couple of good days will help out those really bad days I just had.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    So I went to a wedding this week, got all dressed up, which I haven't done for a very long time. I met a lot of extended family who haven't seen me awhile and they were all very complimentary which was nice. Hubby was not impressed 'why are all women so obsessed with size?'- to his credit, my larger size has never bothered him (he's stick thin and will choose a tomato over ice-cream, go figure ;) )
    Isn't it sad sometimes that we get hung up about size, scale, looks? I do anyway. got to focus more on health, feeling good, energy etc
    Share your thoughts...
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Mostly
    Day: Was supposed to be getting back on track today, but BF has convinced me that this week is my victory lap at my old job so I deserve to celebrate a little extra this week so we ended up at a happy hour with friends after work....hopefully can be a little bit more on track the next two days before the weekend
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: Had a good day today. I did go over my calories by 50 but I'm okay with it. No exercising for me today. I decided to make Tuesdays my rest day since I'll be doing 2 bootcamps on Mondays and Wednesdays, probably best to give my body a break in between those days.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    I see that only newbies signed up. Last chance for anyone else to get a buddy to be accountable with and to encourage and challenge each other. Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?

@johicks I'll take a buddy 👭🤗
  • Pearl4686
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Mostly
    Day: Was supposed to be getting back on track today, but BF has convinced me that this week is my victory lap at my old job so I deserve to celebrate a little extra this week so we ended up at a happy hour with friends after work....hopefully can be a little bit more on track the next two days before the weekend

Well done! I think it's so important to still 'have a life' and not obsess over every meal. I hope you enjoyed it!
    Now back to work ;)
  • Pearl4686
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Goal/Day: Had a good day today. I did go over my calories by 50 but I'm okay with it. No exercising for me today. I decided to make Tuesdays my rest day since I'll be doing 2 bootcamps on Mondays and Wednesdays, probably best to give my body a break in between those days.

Your commitment is inspiring!
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Username: DDay2020
    Week: Sunday, 9/2
    PW: 266
    CW: 258
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: Journaled everyday, 20 min of cardio x 5, Mobility w/o x 2
    One thing to improve: Get my TRX set up and start using it, start flexibility workout.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Daily Post : Wednesday
    Track : Yes
    Calories: Under (and I've been eating out a LOT!!!)
    Exercise: Maybe a walk tonight with a friend?

I'm really doing well this week and the scale is starting to move in the right direction. If things continue, I could have a great weigh-in next week.

Thank you all for the motivation. Reading everyone's struggles makes me feel like I'm not alone.
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    MamboRumba wrote: »

I would like a Buddy for motivation. I am on Team Flab-U-Less.....so, I am not sure if anyone can request that is not on this team. Thanks!

I was going to buddy up our RTM teammates, so they could check up on one another. I'm not sure of the rules of posting in other team's threads either.

Ok! No worries! 🤣

You mentioned my name and it brought me here. I was offering to help motivate....but, I will go back to my team now! 🥳
  • Pearl4686
    DDay2020 wrote: »
    Username: DDay2020
    Week: Sunday, 9/2
    PW: 266
    CW: 258

below are optional
    One thing I did well: Journaled everyday, 20 min of cardio x 5, Mobility w/o x 2
    One thing to improve: Get my TRX set up and start using it, start flexibility workout.
    Wow! Just wow! Nothing else for me to say here...
  • Pearl4686
    Leebett wrote: »
    Daily Post : Wednesday
    Track : Yes
    Calories: Under (and I've been eating out a LOT!!!)
    Exercise: Maybe a walk tonight with a friend?

I'm really doing well this week and the scale is starting to move in the right direction. If things continue, I could have a great weigh-in next week.

Thank you all for the motivation. Reading everyone's struggles makes me feel like I'm not alone.

You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • Pearl4686
    edited September 2019
    Daily report
    Track: yes finally a day of honest tracking! Too many afternoon binges recently (which I conveniently don't track)-gotta stop that.
    Calories: over, but only just
    Excersize: no
    One thing I did well: tracked everything and stuck to plan. Made pizza for dinner so planned ahead to allow myself 2 slices.
    One thing to improve: more water, more excersize

This discussion has been closed.