Username: Fleetwood1
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 256.2
    Today's Weight: 255.2
    🌟 Brilliant weigh-in news! 💐 So delighted for you! 🎉
    Jamidi wrote: »
    @AustinRuadhain
    Not yet. I’m really getting a slow start - I have a million excuses but I just need to stop with those and get to work.
    I so sympathize!

Not sure if it will help to hear, but I am working on something that seems (to me) to be similar. I want to get a particular exercise (martial arts) into my daily routine, and right now all I can do is focus and say I will, without fail, do that today. Today will be a win if I keep my promise and do at least 2 minutes. I am wanting to do more of course, but that's my bar for today.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

It looks like we are still in need of a second team captain for your team. It would be really great if one of you would be willing to step up and give it a try...

Being a team captain is not difficult, but it does take some dedication and "yes" some of that all valuable "time". If you want to find out more about being a team captain, please feel free to reach out to any of the moderators or to your present team captain and we will be glad to answer any and all questions.

How about it?

Steve

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @steplaj, sent you a message. ;)
  • notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Weigh in week 1
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Previous weight: 172
    Current weight: 174.4
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Week:1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 207
    Current Weight: 212

Looks like you had a “good” long weekend also! Summer is so hard! I’m happy to have some structure again!

Yup. It was really good but it's nice to be back on track again. My goal was to lose 5 lbs by the end of summer. Only 15 more to go
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    Start-of-the-Month Introduction

I'm Austin! I joined the group about a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached (!) my initial goal. I am now working on to build muscle and fitness. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.
    ** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."

Wow, I didn't know you'd lost so much weight, you have done amazing! I admire all you have and are currently accomplishing!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a little late checking in. We are just into our second week of school, and life is just crazy and overwhelming right now. September is always tough, and then usually by about mid October things start to settle down.
    So, yes, I'm a teacher. I teach special ed in Massachusetts - elementary aged children with autism. I love my job, but it can be crazy busy at times.
    The really short version of my long story.......lost a lot of weight, then turned 40, had a series of injuries, and gained back about 20lbs. So I'm trying to get my life back on track, and get my fitness back. I've got a shoulder injury right now, and my IT band seems to be flaring up again. It's frustrating. My goal right now is one-day-at-a-time, try to do something every day, and just maintain some level of consistency.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Introduction!

This is my third month in the group, my second time of really using MFP and my never-ending struggle with weight. I lost 130 pounds some years back - from about 1999 to 2006, or so, and I kept it off a while and have stayed about 80 pounds to the good, over the long haul. It's the other 50ish that I go back and forth with. => I learn a lot from my mistakes and while it never gets easier, per se - it has become more familiar. I know so much more about me and what I need to do to succeed so while I'd love it if I had been able to just stick to 130 lost, I am ok with coming back as long as I learn and continue to grow. Life is vastly different now from what it was in 1999; my kids are grown, I have a grandbaby and a really fabulous (albeit, stressful) career. I kayak, bike, walk and lead a much more healthy lifestyle in my own new millennia - life is good.

This is an individual journey - and I'm happy we're here, together, traveling and learning from each other.

Maria
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm a little late checking in. We are just into our second week of school, and life is just crazy and overwhelming right now. September is always tough, and then usually by about mid October things start to settle down.
    So, yes, I'm a teacher. I teach special ed in Massachusetts - elementary aged children with autism. I love my job, but it can be crazy busy at times.
    The really short version of my long story.......lost a lot of weight, then turned 40, had a series of injuries, and gained back about 20lbs. So I'm trying to get my life back on track, and get my fitness back. I've got a shoulder injury right now, and my IT band seems to be flaring up again. It's frustrating. My goal right now is one-day-at-a-time, try to do something every day, and just maintain some level of consistency.

That is the best goal, ever. something every day and keep at that, every day - you'll get there. Inspiring that you are pushing past the all-to-easy other option of stopping to 'wait until it gets better.'
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

That is the best goal, ever. something every day and keep at that, every day - you'll get there. Inspiring that you are pushing past the all-too-easy other option of stopping to 'wait until it gets better.'

@raleighgirl09 is so SO right! @ka97 , this is the BEST. Goal. Ever! A little bit every day WILL pay off!

Oh, and it is never too late to check in. We know back-to-school is a crazy time!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh In Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 151.4. 😟

I can sum up this past week with one theme: “lots”. Lots of exercise....... lots of appetite...... lots of stress...... lots of lapses...... lots of wondering about self-sabotage..... lots of anxiety (formerly just below the surface, but now breaking thru) about being successful on this journey. Need a complete reset. So inspired reading about my incredible teammates!!!

Goals today: refocus on just today. And begin to read the 1% book.
  • steplaj
    Options
    @steplaj, sent you a message. ;)

Did not get it
  • steplaj
    Options

Where in MA are you?
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wesdnesday 9/4 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 206.5
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Exercise: lunchtime walk

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Probably not going to do a darn thing. The cold I have is starting to develope into an upper respiratory infection.

Hope you all are doing well!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check In
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (45 min); strength training (30 min); martial arts (86 min)
    Steps: over
    Martial Arts: Yes!

Thursday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: under, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: platform stepping
    Steps: at least 7500
    Martial Arts: at least 2 minutes
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,707 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Calories under
    Exercise bike, elliptical, weights
    Water over

Wed
    Calories under by too much
    Exercise bike
    Water over

Thursday plan
    Add more calories! I'm struggling with not being hungry, especially after workouts. I eat similar stuff each day and have cut down calories, now I'm trying to add some back in without being too unhealthy. For now I'm eating what's on hand, but my full fat dressing is too sugary and a condiment that's not light is too salty and heavy. I guess my taste buds have changed eating mostly natural foods!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Managed to get in a real tough hike today and I feel great
    Calories are under
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 277
    Today's Weight: 277

Sorry I forget to post last week :o
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 260.0
    Today's Weight: 260.0

Sorry I'm late... holiday got my days mixed up. I was bad over the weekend (holiday food) but making up for it now.
This discussion has been closed.