Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG that all look so good! I NEED that cake recipe - like asap! LOL

When you posted it was around 9am here in EST...so you're about 14 hours ahead of us :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you for the info <3 I love chiffon cakes. You can change the flavour and never get bored with it :) Here's the recipe. Its from joy of baking.

Orange Chiffon Cake
    2 cups (240 grams) cake flour
    1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar (Sugar 1)
    2 teaspoons (8 grams) baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
    2 tablespoons orange zest (from about 2 large oranges)
    7 large egg yolks (120 grams), at room temperature
    1/2 cup (120 ml/grams) vegetable, corn, canola, or safflower oil
    1/2 cup (120 ml/grams)freshly squeezed orange juice (2 - 3 large oranges)
    1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
    8 large egg whites (240 grams), at room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) cream of tartar
    1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar (Sugar 2)

Method:
    Orange Chiffon Cake: Separate the eggs while they are still cold. Place the egg yolks in one bowl and the whites (along with the extra egg white) in another. Cover with plastic wrap and bring to room temperature (about 30 to 60 minutes).
    Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and have ready a 10 inch (25 cm) two piece ungreased tube pan. (Don't use a non stick pan).

In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, (or with a hand mixer) place the flour, 1 cup (200 grams) sugar (Sugar 1), baking powder, salt, and orange zest. Beat until combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg yolks, oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until smooth (about one minute). Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.

In another clean bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the egg whites and cream of tartar, on medium low speed, until soft peaks form. Increase your mixer speed to high and gradually beat in the remaining 1/2 cup (100 grams) of sugar (Sugar 2) and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. With a large rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold the egg whites (in three additions) into the egg yolk batter just until blended (being careful not to deflate the batter).

Pour the batter into the tube pan and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. (When lightly pressed, the cake will spring back). Immediately upon removing the cake from the oven invert (turn upside down) the pan and place on a bottle or flat surface so it is suspended over the counter. Let the cake cool completely before removing from pan (about 1 1/2 hours).

To remove the cake from the pan, run a long metal spatula around the inside of the tube pan and center core. Invert onto a greased wire rack.

Note: This recipe is from Joy of Baking.
    Read more: https://www.joyofbaking.com/OrangeChiffonCake.html#ixzz5y9qVVFv7

Have a wonderful weekend, Steph! If you bake it, please show us a photo of the chiffon cake...I love chiffon cakes! <3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W7
    CW:54.4kg (119.7lbs)
    Next weigh-in : 7 or 8 September 2019

Good evening OMADers <3

As you can see, I have not loss any weight for the past week. In fact, I have gained 0.1kg. Even though its very very little, its still a gain and that means I FAILED :( Father's Day last weekend didn't helped either. I ate like a regular person, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner as we were meeting family and relatives.

I told myself that this week, I will do better and guess what happened? I caught a flu bug while I was shopping for grocery in a bigger town which is 45 mins away. I have been sneezing non-stop since I came back and now I am running a slight fever.. :( Really hope I don't pass it to my kids or DH... fingers cross!

Take care and have a wonderful Monday <3
  • jadepearl
    Good evening OMAD-ers ๐Ÿ˜˜

It has been a glorious Spring day today at a nice temperature of 18ยฐC. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒžโ˜€๏ธ Thankfully, my fever subsided. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

As I have some leftovers, made sandwiches for DH and I. That's what I had for OMAD and finished off with Spicy Rice Crackers๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ The total calories =1106. Will be zumba-ing after my kids finish their karate lesson. Am waiting for them while typing this๐Ÿ˜ Not doing too well with my liquid intake today๐Ÿ˜ข So far, only drank 1 pot of tea, 1 cup of coffee, 2 glasses of water... not enough, not enough.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, you guys โค๏ธ
  • jadepearl
    I am trying so hard not to break my fast๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข It's around 8.05pm now and my taste buds are crying for ramen ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿœ Trying to stay strong but it's so hard ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ข
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Your food looks amazing. I must try that cake that looks so good!!!

You are still doing great ---I wouldn't worry over the small loss. Usually after a weekend, I put on 3-5lbs but when I get back on track they are gone by mid-week! Stay strong! <3
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank youโค๏ธ When you bake the chiffon cake, do take a photo please. I love chiffon cakes ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฐ Yes, you are right. We shall get back up onto the wagon and loose loose again๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
  • jadepearl
    Found an interesting website and this is how I suppose to look like at 54.4kg and how I will look like when I reach my GW 50kg
    xb2i61v4ix30.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    I didn't really do any cooking this weekend but I'm for sure going to make that! I'm not a BIG baker but when I get in the mood, this will be what I go to!

Babe - you've GOTTA get past this whole "if I gain any I fail" thing - A: It's not good for your psyche and B: I gain 6-8 pounds EVERY weekend! It's the net loss that counts, and you're down so that's a WIN babe! Keeping it mentally in that winning zone will make it easier to hold your fast too :)
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 I hear what you are saying and I am trying so hard not be like so. Having a Mom who keeps telling me that I should really loose some weight or OMG, girl, why ain't you loosing any weight, etc, etc, etc ain't helping me much either. I have been trying to tell myself that I was 67kg before and now I am 54 something and I have successfully loss weight but when Mom comes for a visit, I am back to ground zero. Mom has always been a skinny slim lady and when she sees me like so, she will not allow me to forget how fat I am. Apologies for boring you with this <3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W7

Good afternoon OMADers <3

Firstly, I am very happy that I didn't cave in and ate anything last night :) Managed to zumba for 40 mins yesterday evening after driving my kids home from karate. For my weight, zumba-ing for 40 mins burns around 284 calories only. But I guess some exercise is better than no exercise at all. :)

I OMAD at around 1pm today and as I was craving for ramen, I cook myself some ramen with sausage, spam & lots of wongbok and not forgetting my favourite, egg. So, the total calories for today is 1040. I am gearing to zumba for 40 mins this evening once again. As for liquid intake, 1 pot tea, 2 glasses water, 1 diet soda so far...

Happing OMAD-ing everyone and have a wonderful Wed <3<3<3
  • jadepearl
    I guess I have to plus another 290 calories as I caved in and ate a slice. How come, you say? DH wanted Banoffee Tart and I made it from scratch for him. When he was savouring it, I tried my best to resist it but the calling for too strong๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Here is a photo of my Banoffee Slice
    3gxst2wqdom5.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YUM that looks amazing!

I will say this, you have to find happiness for yourself not based on your mom or what others think you should be. I think we all, especially women, desire to have approval from others, or feel like we need to measure up ---you have to figure out what you like and what you want and not let what other people think drive you. I personally think for your height you are the perfect size, and I think a lot of us have said that to you in a positive way. I just would say be kind to yourself do what you feel is right, and don't let it be driven by your mom, or anyone else.

I am saying this with <3 and I don't want you take it the wrong way ---I know because I have a mom who I know I can never please :) she doesn't comment on weight or anything but she is a difficult person, I love her, but she is difficult. So, my advice (and you can throw it out the window ) is just to do what you feel is best, if you are happy with where you are, then don't worry about losing more! Again --we are all here to support you and I just wanted to share my thoughts :)

<3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    SO MANY THOUGHTS

First one I'll get out of the way - WTF WITH THESE AMAZING LOOKING DESERTS! LMAO - I have no idea how you find the time or patience to bake all the time but I wanna come live with YOU! LMAO

2nd - *sigh* this is a hard one for me to comment on because my mom is my best friend...my dad says we're twins (and thus I drive him as nuts as mama does LMAO). We're VERY similar and she's super supportive in my life in general so I can't even imagine having to deal with that. That being said, my dad and youngest sister are that "difficult" people that Donna was talking about. I love them, but wouldn't choose to spend my time with them voluntarily because I don't find them a positive influence on my mentality or life (more so my sister than my dad...my dad is tolerable 99% of the time).

I shall give some ALSO unsolicited advise that you may chuck out if you hate LOL - she's your mom, and you HAVE to deal with her, so have you told her that those words hit you really hard because of your own goals and insecurities and you'd appreciate it if she'd avoid it? It might not work, and she might balk at you or think you're being dramatic or whatever, but at least then you can say you tried everything you could? It's REALLY not nice that she says ANYTHING about it that's not positive, but you can only control yourself and again...she's your mom *sigh*

My biggest point, and the one I hope you really take to heart - even if you'd like to lose a little more YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR SIZE! We have goals, yes, and they're important but your mental health and happiness with your BEING is way more important <3

We love ya babe, and we're here for ya!
  • Oh my dad is the same. Last time i lost weight and went with hard work and strenuous exercise to 62kg he said, well you are still overweight and you really should be 60kgs for your height.. I know exactly the pain you are feeling. Every time my weight and what i eat why i eat etc is on the menu (excuse the pun). Yeah, not sure what you say, they are what they are.
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you for posting <3 I hear what you are saying and I too want to be happy with me, myself and I. Long story short, Mom and her sisters were and still are slim and trim. Mom and my aunties have already ensured that my cousins and I are thin and slim. They watch our food, get us to do outdoor sports, etc. We have never been more than 45-48kg when we were at home. Things changed when I got married, got pregnant and move to another State. It was like a brand new life for me and I guess I spoiled myself and I ended up putting on weight. Mom only visited when she has holidays as she was a teacher. So, even with her insults, nags, etc, it was like one ear in and one ear out. However, when I became older and my health problems became an issue, I took my Doctor's advice and started loosing weight. I finally succeeded this year and my Doctor's is pretty happy about it and he told me to maintain once I hit 50. That's why that became my GW. When my parents retired, Mom decided to sell her house and buy another house just 10 mins from my house. So, 50 is the magic number as Mom has the same Doctor as my family. No point tell her how I feel as its either her way or no way. Tried countless or times and I finally gave-up. No worries....I will get there! I will be happy! <3
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thanks for posting too <3 DH loves desserts and now and then, he will request for it. I love baking and that's how I relax...weird, right? :) With regards to my Mom, my cousins face the same issue as me. All of us are of similar height 158cm - 162cm and somehow, if our weight is 50kg or lower, our Moms are happy with us. That means, a size 6 (Australian). We were all thin and slim when we were young as our Moms control our food, etc, etc. But of course, once we got married, its another story...lol. Some of my cousins went for liposuction just to loose weight. All my cousins are now thin and slim and mostly weighs 48-50kg except me. That's why I am also the target when I go for any family events. Oh well, that's life. My Mom is someone that you can't talk to...its either her way or no way. With her living so close to me since they retired is not pleasant either...but that's life too. As my jeans size is 8 at the moment and Mom saw it when she came over, I had to sit and hear her lecturing me for 2 hours. We moved away from them but now, they move to live near us...that's also life. But, I am happy most of the time as I have a wonderful family. Its just sometimes...when its just too much from Mom....it hit a low note. But, I will be fine, I will be happy <3
  • jadepearl
    @SoulSisterSoulBrother - Thank you for posting too <3 OMG, that's how she sounds. That's why I don't really go out and have any food with her as it will be a horrible depressing outing. So, Mom will just drop-by as and when she feels like it. However, during family gatherings, Mom will have her field day with me. As I am a pear-shaped, I can now wear size 6 clothes for my top half. However, for my bottom half, its still a size 8. So, once I get into size 6 for top and bottom, I will be happy and contented. It also means I will be around 50-51kg as that was the weight I was when I could wear a size 6 jeans. Really hope your Dad is not as bad as my Mom <3 Sending <3<3<3 to you <3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W7

Good afternoon OMADers <3

Firstly. please accept my apology for being such depressing whiny poster. Thank you for your understanding <3 No more talking about Mom :)

I went to the Doctor's this morning as its confirmed that I have Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid) and we discuss about a diet which is more suitable for me. He gave me a booklet to read and in summary he said that I should avoid Goitrogens, Gluten, Millet and Highly Processed Food and have more Iodine, Selenium and Zinc. As of now, he said that I just need to take the medicine and if everything works out fine, I do not need to got for any surgery.
    So, bye bye sausages, spam and many many more yummy things which I love :(

I OMAD around 12pm today and I made fish soup for us. I made sure I had lots of veggies and seaweed when I had my fish. DH said that if he has to eat this every day, he will die... lol So, after that, I made him some stovetop frittata. I didn't touch any as there's all those yummy sausages, spam, ham, etc, etc, etc which I am not allow to eat in my new diet. On weight wise, I weighed 53kg at the doctor's this morning. My doctor is pretty happy with my weight loss and he kept reminding me that once I hit 50kg, I will have to start my maintenance programme. Hmm...may be that's why its so hard for me to loose weight as I have an underactive thyroid. Oh well, at least now I know what it is and am getting help to cure it.

It has been a funny day today....sunny in the morning and thunderstorm now. That's why they call our state 4 seasons in 1 day :) Oh well...hoping to get in some exercise this evening. As for liquid, drank 2 glasses of water and 2 pots of tea so far.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, you guys <3

• mistymeadows2005
    I'm sorry to hear that you have underactive thyroid - that might make it tough, but hopefully the medicine will help get your metabolism up a little and it'll be easier?

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that with your Mom - like really? A 2 hour lecture on my size when I'm not anywhere near unhealthy? How about you devote that energy into something productive like ANYTHING else - world peace? solving hunger? Oh you can't do that lady? THEN CHILL THE F**K out and mind your own business.

Sorry, I know it's your mom, but grow up people - there are bigger things to worry about then berating your own children about things that don't matter and will do nothing but drag them down.