Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    MamboRumba wrote: »
    johicks wrote: »
    MamboRumba wrote: »
    BUDDY SYSTEM..... LAST CHANCE
    I see that only newbies signed up. Last chance for anyone else to get a buddy to be accountable with and to encourage and challenge each other. Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?

I would like a Buddy for motivation. I am on Team Flab-U-Less.....so, I am not sure if anyone can request that is not on this team. Thanks!

I was going to buddy up our RTM teammates, so they could check up on one another. I'm not sure of the rules of posting in other team's threads either.

Ok! No worries! 🤣

You mentioned my name and it brought me here. I was offering to help motivate....but, I will go back to my team now! 🥳

If you were tagged on our page.. then CONGRATS!!! That means you were a big loser for your team or within the challenge. Yeah, you!!! :)
  • johicks
    Anyone else interested in a buddy!? If you are I have one buddy needing a buddy. Let me know, I'l pair you up. :)

Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?

• DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: No
    Healthier habits: Logging food and increasing water
    Goals or Day: need more exercise
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Calories: a bit over, but under with exercise
    Exercise: yea, strength training: biceps and Triceps. Walked the dog
    Day: Today was a good, smooth 1st day of school. Totally exhausted tonight. Alarm is set for a run in the morning.
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Daily Post Weds.
    Calories: Yes/under
    Exercise: Yes/ 20 min Bike
    Healthier habits: None
    Goals or Day: Drink more water
    mobility workout
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Calories: Over by 83 calories
    Exercise: Not today
    Healthier habits: I've been sleeping really poorly this week. It's currently 8:30 and I'm starting to get ready for bed. I can't always control how much sleep I'm going to get, but I can make sure I give myself plenty of time to try and get enough sleep.
  • Daily post Wednesday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I had 4 cups of water again. @Jovsfood it looks like we are paired up!! 😁
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr-bootcamp class/45 mins outside cardio group at football stadium
    Goal/Day: Had another good day today. I am TIRED from all the exercising today, hope you all had a great day.... I'm headed to dreamland 😴😴
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Daily post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories were under
    Exercise—— running after kids counts?
    Healthier habits:eat more protein
    Goals: Stay focused and remember the goal. One small victory at a time. Actually did take chocolate cake today. So a win in my book.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: basically on target
    Exercise: lifted weights
    Healthier habits: weigh & measure food: Not perfect...so hard to no "eyeball" everything!
    Goals or Day: Work was draining, and I don't feel good for lady reasons.

NSV: didn't stop to get a snack or coffee when it got to be afternoon even though I really wanted something!

My Why Today: to look very professional in my work clothes
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    I need something to look forward to when I'm telling myself no to treats all the time. Just one meal or snack I can plan on and know is coming.

Related to that I'm trying to prepare myself for a work breakfast and then a work lunch on Friday and then a party Saturday night.
  • johicks
    edited September 2019
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    Anyone else interested in a buddy!? If you are I have one buddy needing a buddy. Let me know, I'l pair you up. :)

Sometimes it helps when you are specifically looking and reading one person within the team to help each other out. We of course want to encourage EVERYONE, but when you aren't posting it might help to have that one buddy saying... HEY! Where are you? How are you?

Do we add these buddies as friends?

It's up to you, if that's what you want. My thoughts were to have someone to specifically respond to, cheer on, and comment on their posts. Then if they don't post, check on them. :)
    kpfw5hnewtbk.png

There are no rules. I am hoping that you will reach out to one another on here by commenting on each others' posts. Then when the other hasn't been posting to find out what has happened to your buddy. And by your accountability to each other in our team thread, we will be inspired and encouraged by your support. I randomly assigned by drawing names.

If you need help navigating MFP, let me know. I'll do my best.

Buddy pair #1
    @kilobykilo and @angiesjourney

Buddy pair #2
    @DDay2020 and @goodreadsgal

Buddy pair #3
    @Jovsfood and @skullsandskeletons

Buddy pair #4
    @ajaia2001 and @johicks

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Daily Post (Wednesday 09/04)
    Calories: Over
    Exercise (20+mins): 20mins
    12+ Water: 💧x 9

I didn't do great, but I am proud of myself for tracking 100%. It was after the fact, but I still did it. : |

So, we ended up with one person without a buddy, so I put myself in as I need that extra kick in the pants. And I know my buddy @ajaia2001 likes her Bootcamp; so hopefully, she will Bootcamp me into shape. LOL

Not sure what more we can do for one another as buddies, other than making sure that we are here daily. Perhaps send an extra hoo-rah shout out to say you can do it!? Admit to our struggles - mine is still nights. When hubby drinks, I eat. :(
  • johicks
    @jmacaroni~ So sorry to hear about your ill kiddos and so happy that you have @RTM to come to get yourself picked back up and dusted off to keep on this healthy, weightloss journey. Yes, today is a new day. How did Wednesday go for you?
    @Pearl4686~ I understand about how your hubby feels about size- my hubby & I don’t judge or look at each other in that way. But I do look at him for his health, more than his being overweight. I find that at my size it’s hard for me to do certain things. As I lose weight, I can do more. I will say that there are more fun clothes to wear as a thinner person, the styles look better. I know you’re not one who journals, but maybe you can use this thread to do more writing about those NSVs. Every week find one new something to focus on that you can do (or can’t and want to change it) and write about it. !!???! This may help you focus more on health, feeling good, energy, stamina, etc. I was surprised myself yesterday by walking to/fro my mom’s before work; that after not walking for several days and barely exercising that it didn't’ hurt, I wasn’t out of breath, and I wasn’t slow. Yeah!!!! And when you start receiving more compliments, respond with …”Thank you, I feel so energetic.” Take your response and focus off appearance and put it to the internal healthy side of you. ;) You got this!!
    THIS. THIS IS why I love our team name… RunTrackMinds. It truly is all the elements of what it is going to take to lose and keep the weight off.
    @jwall309~ Your last Tuesday at your job. Wooohoooo! I know how determined you are. You WILL get in two great days, then be mindful over the weekend. You go this!
    @ajaia2001~ Oh my goodness!! Two-fers on two days. Wowsers! Remind me how many lbs until you reach your goal weight? Do you take measurements to see inches lost? - BTW… we’re buddies. If another wants a buddy I’ll step down, but can’t deny you of having a buddy.
    You did it!! Wooooohoooo! 2 classes of exercise. Wonderful. I bet you slept great!!
    @DDay2020~ Nice week of doing what it takes to lose it. And GREAT loss!! Wooohoooooo!!! I’m so excited for you!! You are making me more excited about my journey and to get back on track! Thanks for sharing!! What a Wednesday! Yeah!! You’re doing great.
    @Leebett~ You are definitely not alone. We are all on this journey together… a team. A great team!! Yes, reading and writing about it help so much. I think it mostly makes us be honest with ourselves about what it going on and that we can do it and that doing the right things makes a difference and the weight will come off! Keep doing it!
    @Perla4686 ~ Yeah for tracking! Yep being brutally honest (me too!) Good for you for planning pizza. When you have that as a meal, do you balance it out with anything? I like to have a salad (veggies) and add low-fat cottage (protein) as my dressing. Plus it helps fill me up. Yes, always... More water, more exercise. But… sometimes, focusing on what you ARE DOING and doing right is the main goal. Then you will get back on track fully, and add the others, too. That’s where I am totally at in my process. Baby steps again. Ugh. Hate it, but I need to remind myself to do it to be successful.
    @jovsfood~ Goodness. I hope you’re feeling better. You had a good Wednesday…. Yeah, you! Tracking, under, Pilates, and being positive. Wow, Wednesday. Love it! :)
    @DogMom919~ Wonderful Wednesday! Good job on those healthier habits of water and logging every bite.
    @jupdyke~ Wooohooooo Wednesday for you and a smooth first day back. :)
    @bootssowhite~ Cait! I hope you get some good zzzzz’z. Good job on tracking!!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Good Wednesday!! :) And getting in 4 cups of water.
    @angiesjourney ~ Woooohoooo Wednesday. Good for you. :)
    @midsummer174627~ Good job today!! Wonderful … doing your body good to lift weights. That for sure will help you towards your goal of looking professional in your work clothes. Measuring is a pain, but worth every ounce (hahaha.) to get to the goal. Good NSV!! Good job on planning ahead. I understand about saying NO. I try not to in that I DO plan a few things to make it more fun. I’ve also learned that snacking can be healthy, too. One of my favorites, especially this time of year was chips and dip. Well, I don’t completely deny myself of chips. BUT... I do get most of the same flavors when I do my healthier version. I now eat on a regular basis, cucumbers with my dip. And that dip is healthy. It’s black beans and salsa or salsa and cottage cheese or all three together. So there are ways to accomplish both. It takes a little bit of experiment time, but you will find the right “tricks” to treat yourself. OR.. instead of food… what about buying a small new hand lotion scent or a scented lip gloss or something aromatic that you can use more than once. !? Instead of trying to please the tastebuds, please your other senses. Good luck with the work meals and the party on Saturday, let us know your strategies and how they worked. You can do it!!
  • johicks
    hglj9mr66zhn.jpg
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    I find that at my size it’s hard for me to do certain things. As I lose weight, I can do more.

Absolutely! For one, less chafing, still a problem but less LOL. Also, I find it easier now to sit on the floor to play with my kids, and get up again!

Good for you for planning pizza. When you have that as a meal, do you balance it out with anything? I like to have a salad (veggies) and add low-fat cottage (protein) as my dressing. Plus it helps fill me up.
    So, my pizza is home-made so I've worked out exactly the calories on MFP. I paired it with a thick vegetable soup which I ate first, so I wasn't starving when I had my pizza!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Hello all! I'm having a very busy day with appointments and stocking up kids for the school year, so I won't have time to respond individually (but maybe tonight)
    Just wanted to wish you all a good day. Stay on track don't give up and let us know how you go!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: September Week #1
    Day: Thursday
    PW: 314.4
    CW: 314.4
    One Thing Did Well: I kept trying to record what I ate and not completely give up.
    One Thing To Improve: my water intake and record every single day! I fell in a rut where I’d record in the morning and then indulge in a bunch of food and not record. I need my spark back!
This discussion has been closed.