TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I hah a crazy morning and totaly forgot to weight myself. I will post tomorrow if that is OK. Sorry.
  • motis3678
    motis3678 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No apologies needed @Stimpy56 ! Thanks for letting us know. I'll be on the look-out for your post tomorrow to add your weigh-in. I hope your afternoon will be more serene than your morning!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some motivation, from within myself. I don't know if it is because I am just feeling a bit tired and down, not enough sleep, too much time working, not enough time just to get out to enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having... probably a combination.

I just keep going into f-it mode, and eat / drink whatever. Granted, I haven't gone off the rails too far, but enough that the scale is moving in the wrong direction.

I got my behind out the door early this morning to enjoy the cool morning, had a nice 30 minute walk... thought about how to get my "groove" back. Reminded myself of a saying, "just fake it, until you make it". I think this is what I need to do for the time being, and not give myself the option of "going off the rails". I know that I will feel better, and maybe the motivation will come back to me after seeing the results on the scale... Sorry for the long post, I just needed to write this down, helps me to keep moving!

What do you all do to self motivate when the motivation is drifting away?
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    Options
    @looneycatblue - so sorry for you. however, i do understand! personally, to self motivate when the motivation is drifting away, i typically watch youtube weight loss journey videos OR weight loss motivation stories OR something of that nature. it works for me every single time. hopefully you find balance soon *hugs*
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @looneycatblue - so sorry for you. however, i do understand! personally, to self motivate when the motivation is drifting away, i typically watch youtube weight loss journey videos OR weight loss motivation stories OR something of that nature. it works for me every single time. hopefully you find balance soon *hugs*

These are some good ideas, I appreciate your advise! :smiley:
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue If I'm not in the mood to exercise or don't feel like watching what I eat, I do a few things: I look at my "before" pictures so I visualize what my habits are doing to my body. The other thing I do is play a workout video even if I don't want to do it. I literally sit on the couch....but eventually I do get up and do a few minutes of the video. Other thing is to say okay I can eat whatever snack I want but first I have to drink 16 oz of water - that usually satisfies my craving. Hope that helps!
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cr00000
    September week 3
    PW 179.6
    CW 178.0

Finally 2 weeks worth of Max 30 workouts is resulting in weight loss!
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM
    Sept week 3
    PW 163
    CW 163.2
    I would call it "maintain" to keep my mood up .
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@caroljayne1
    @cr00000 - nice work! Congrats! :star:
    @helpers1 - great loss! Congrats! :star:
    @keepingtrack1234
    @mayaVDM - there you go! :smile:
    @robandy12345
    @Shewhoismany

Please post using this template:
    Username
    September Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Tgif!!
    Keepingtrack1234
    September Week 3
    PW: 140.4
    CW:140.4
    Holding steady!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    cr00000 wrote: »
    @looneycatblue If I'm not in the mood to exercise or don't feel like watching what I eat, I do a few things: I look at my "before" pictures so I visualize what my habits are doing to my body. The other thing I do is play a workout video even if I don't want to do it. I literally sit on the couch....but eventually I do get up and do a few minutes of the video. Other thing is to say okay I can eat whatever snack I want but first I have to drink 16 oz of water - that usually satisfies my craving. Hope that helps!

Thank you, yes this does help! I am feeling better today... I put on a t-shirt that was a bit tight last year, and it fits nicely today. I am only about 1/3 down, (12 of 30), it has taken about 6 months to get here, but I am starting to see the changes. Still wearing size 12 pants, goal is back into an 8. Next step is to get down to 165, then I will go shopping and try on some 10's. I think I could get into a 10 now, but they would be uncomfortable. Kicking myself for tossing ALL of my smaller jeans, they were worn out, but it would have been nice to have a pair for size checking. :smiley:
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Thu, 9/19
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 30

Feels good getting back on the train!

Happy Friday Y'all!
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Fe452436
    September week 3
    PW:203.5 lbs
    CW:203 lbs

• shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, yesterday I beat my own record . Running 5km in 32 min .

Is the final stretch of September.Let's make it count.GO Team GO !!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Keepingtrack1234, good job maintaining! :smile:

@tuddy315, it's tough when all the things are there in front of you. Not a bad gain, though! :smile:

@shewhoismany, nice loss! :star:

@fe452436, nice loss! :star:

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Cspdb3
    @FatimaStartsAllOver
    @kellystarrn
    @matthewsfive
    @bonniehosk85

Please post using this template:
    Username
    September Week 3
    PW: