Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    good morning, well Joe started on my deck , we only ever had a small patio there so this is going to be really nice ,I will be able to sit out side with Annie and enjoy the fall weather we are having now. Wow Val so impressed I think I counted 5 dogs and so cute each are so different how is Boudreaux doing with his training? Did he use to race ? Hi pirate glad to see you back. As far as diet today is my weigh in and I lost another pound and that is with taking a day off from the treadmill my ankle was sore yesterday and I didn't want to take any chances but Annie and I did go for an extra walk yesterday. Jo you are doing so great with your exercise. Vix our weather is perfect I spent a lot of time yesterday out side . Hi Jan and Ed
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,655 Member
    Options
    Howdy. It's thrilling Thursday! It's supposed to be a very pleasant day here, with a high of only 26C/80F and no chance of precipitation. Now I can almost believe that Fall is coming in a few days! If you had asked me last week I would have had more doubts on that front.

Not a lot on the calendar today, other than the usual daily stuff. I might get out to buy corn flakes or we may just have to scrape by on bran flakes or crispy rice cereal until I feel like getting out. Then again, there are a couple of places I have been wanting to check out and today just might be a good day to do that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,156 Member
    Options
    hello all.
    Busy people here!
    Val, your pups sound like a full time job! Too bad you have such long hours. I hope you get paid well for all that stress.
    Irene, glad they've started on your deck...it is really nice to be able to sit out and enjoy the wonderful weather. Congrats on losing another pound. Yay!
    Ed, hope you get out, enjoy the nicer weather, and pick up the few things you need.
    Beautiful weather here for now, it is supposed to get hot over the weekend.
    Went to painting class this morning. Have PT later this afternoon.
    Thursday already. Time is flying. Daughter's birthday this weekend. Son and his wife are back from their honeymoon. Looking forward to spending time with the family on Saturday.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    We had a visit from the district manager yesterday at work and we didn't get a very good review.Needless to say, most of us spent the day cleaning and rearranging things.
    Val-5 pups, wow! Do they all get along?
    Irene-you will enjoy your deck so much. It is so nice to sit and enjoy your coffee. Congrats on another lb. gone.
    Ed-it is nice that you are getting cooler weather. Our forecast is for high 80's over the weekend.
    Pirate-I think sugar and carbs are most people's downfall. I just love bread, any kind. I try not to buy any and only have it if I go out to eat.
    Jan-I hope you got good news from your scan.
    Vix-happy birthday to your daughter. Have fun on Saturday!
    My son texted me that my daughter-in-law had her phone and keys stolen, while walking home from the store. Luckily she didn't get hurt. They were able to track her phone for a little while until it was shut off. My son followed the route and found her keys, but no phone.
    They filed a police report and were told that it had been happening a lot in that area. I am just happy that she didn't get hurt, everything else can be replaced.
    I am making applesauce with the apples that I picked on Sunday. My house smells so good right now.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Joanne- so scary about the theft. Very glad she wasn’t hurt! I love the smell of cooking apples. Yes, my pack all get along and look out for each other. Plus they were all great with all the fosters that used to stay here.
    Irene - no, Boudreaux was never a racing greyhound. He was first dumped at 4 weeks old in the median of a busy street. Enjoy your new deck...perfect for fall.
    Vix- enjoy your time with your family! I’d love to see some of your paintings. I’m still so impressed by your stained glass. I can draw stick figures...but that’s about the extent of my artistic side.
    Jan - hoping good results from your scan.
    Pirate- sugar and carbs are my downfall too.
    Ed- enjoy your nice weather...it’s still over 100 here and I’m ready for cooler weather.
    Missed tonight’s hike because of work. Saturday Emily (16 yo daughter) and I are going to see Downton Abbey!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning every one. On our walk this morning we actually had light gloves on it was 51 out side and it was chilly. My deck is going to take 2 weeks the guy that is doing it his work is so awesome and he really takes his time so I really don't mind that it is going to take that long today is the 1st inspection ,here in nj there will be 3 of them .Val I am always so sadden how some people treat animals. Your pups are so lucky to have you. Vix tell your daughter happy birthday sounds like you all will have a good time. Ed if you go out enjoy your self, I know I need to go out and pick up some stuff but I am going to wait till the guy for the inspection comes so Annie won't get upset. Jo sorry the visit didn't go that well I remember those visit they aren't fun .Jan did you get your results back yet? Pirate good luck staying away from all the carbs and sugar. take care everyone. Jan enjoy seeing downtown Abby
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's fabulous Friday! I might get out today for those needed items, but it COULD wait until tomorrow, or even Sunday. Can you guess how much I don't love shopping? LOL!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Thanks all for the b-day wishes for my daughter. 😊
    Jo, glad your daughter-in-law is ok...that is scary. Homemade applesauce is wonderful. I heated up a pear with cinnamon in the microwave for breakfast this morning. Yum. Almost as good!.
    Val, I hope your work eases up. I know you don't want to miss your hikes. Some of my paintings I've posted before:
    au2nw48yepq5.png
    6c4gsxw6x2fs.png
    ld3vr5jrdbqx.png
    5rusaadz6ppu.png
    bww5ohsvhom3.png
    It's an experiment every time!
    Irene, it's chilly here too in the mornings. Good luck with the inspections...we have them here too, but it's good, prevents problems later.
    Hi Ed...haha, shopping isn't that bad!
    Jan, hope all went well with your scan and you're feeling ok.
    I have to go pick up part of my daughter's b-day gift today, and am expecting some things I ordered to be delivered to the Sierra store, so will go there if they come in. Also need to do some exercise. It's a beautiful day outside, so want to spend some time outdoors too.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Pirates43
    Pirates43 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The weekend is coming. It's been a frustrating week for me ... weight is up (wt$!) despite staying remotely close to "very good." Oh well, figuring if I can walk the "almost good" line through the weekend, maybe Monday weigh-in will be a happy time. But so far, I've made a bit of a step in the wrong direction this week.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Vix - I’m completely impressed by your art. As I look at each, I think this is my favorite. Then i start over again and think the same things again. Thank you for sharing.
    Ed - good luck with your shopping. When I’m busy or just don’t want to be around people, i use the free service where they do the shopping and bring it to your car. That also keeps me on budget and avoids the spontaneous carbs yhat tend to jump into the cart when I actually go inside the store.
    Pirate - I know you know consistency over time is the key. But it certainly is more encouraging when the scale hells with the motivation. I’m still trying and fall and trying and falling. Ugh. You’re not alone.
    Irene - give Annie a belly-rub from me. Loving our pets really adds happiness to life. I’m excited to hear of your cooler weather. Maybe San Antonio will cool down in November. Autumn was my favorite time of year in Indiana and Ohio. Texas doesn’t really have autumn.
    Joanne- I hope the manager’s feedback doesn’t add extra work hours for you. When i want that warm yummy smell in the house, I simmer apple cider with cinnamon sticks. That’s as fancy as i get! 🤣
    Jan - i miss hearing from you. Hope all is well. 💛

I got my flu shot at walmart. Plus my Tdap and my MMR booster vaccines. I really like my neighborhood walmart pharmacy staff. I’m there enough! But each person has always been kind and courteous. (And i never said that about the CVS i used to go to...completely different experience!)

San Antonio had a big storm last night and we lost power for a little while. I was up trying to comfort my dogs. I had no idea we were expecting storms so I hadn’t given them CBD until the storm was here.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    For all of us...especially Pirate. slrez02dnj26.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's sensational Saturday! 58 degrees(!) out there now, but supposed to get to 86 for the high, with no chance of rain. I got the shopping done, but have to admit we (well, I) did celebrate National Pepperoni Pizza Day yesterday for supper, though we also had a cheese pizza since I am married to a vegetarian. Might see a friend (here at our house - yay, less social anxiety) for a bit today, might not, as scheduling can be difficult for busy people.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Pirate...hang in there. I'm being totally strict and following instructions from a registered dietitian, and my weight is still bouncing up and down, mostly staying around the same 4 numbers. Stick with it! I'll let you know if I find a magic key...haha...but I think it's just persistence. :smirk:
    Aw, thanks Val, you are too kind. I love having creative hobbies. I got my flu shot at Walmart too. They are very nice there. I was wondering if you got any part of the big storm that hit eastern Texas...I guess you got the outskirts of it. All that flooding is scary. Happy you're not in that area.
    Ed, glad you got your shopping done. I'm lucky, I don't mind it so much. Hope your friend makes it for a visit.
    Jan, hope you're ok...we're missing you!
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    I'm going to run into Frederick this morning. My order came in last night to the Sierra store, and the hair cream I ordered at the local salon for my daughter is on back order so they didn't get it. I'm going to stop at the Ulta store too while I'm in Frederick and see if they have it in stock. We're celebrating my daughter's birthday this evening.Looking forward to family time.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,val I love your post with the dog eating the wall to funny. Ed glad you got your food the pepperoni pizza sounds it's been awhile since I have had pizza . Pirate could you be loosing inches and muscle instead of weight. Jo I am so glad your daughter in law is ok sure was scary for her. I actually use to carry pepper spray when we lived in Trenton never had to use it but it was nice to know I had it. Jan I hope you are ok. Tomorrow I need to go to Pa my aunt is not doing very well she has stage 4 cancer so I am going to go and visit with her for a couple of hours. She lives about 3 hours from me well take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Finally, finally Hello!!
    So sorry about your aunt, Irene. Hope you travel safely and well. I am sure she will appreciate it.
    Vix, your pics are just beautiful. I am like Val. Each is a favorite! I LOVE that cardinal! If it was on a wall for sale, I could not pass up!! His little body oozes expression! Jo, frustrating to work hard and have that kind of inspection. So glad your daughter was not hurt! Frightening!!... Smell of fall and foods sound so good. We have had 3 days of records broken, from 101 to 103 not including the humidity. Broke records. Also terrible drought. Texas and The East getting catastrophic floods and no rain reaching us. We have about 2 more weeks of too dry weather at least, and are fixing to break a hundred year old record of no rain. (1923). :s Good to see you Pirate! I am with you this week!! Carbs..elixir of temptation!! Ed..I love home!! Usually no anxiety.
    Horrible week or so...I have been to Dr twice for meds and labs. U.S. procedure went well. The county is resurfacing our road. AND they intentionally cut my internet and phone lines and took down the pole and never bothered to say. It took a day to realize it was not actually me and the computer. I have spotty cell coverage due to location. My phone calls to the cable place were so frustrating as all is done automated at first. My cell kept dropping the calls. (or calling weird things by itself!!) Like 8 calls just to schedule!! In between all this my Dr and I were playing phone tag and I still do not have results of U.S. I am assuming that is the call anyway. The poor cable guy spent from 2 pm to almost 530 pm Friday restringing the lines they had just replaced about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was 101 degrees. Finally can communicate today!!! AND this week end is my guest lunch. On top of this, I ran into Montgomery to drop off a birthday card and gift to my daughter in law that did not get into the mail and a trip to a beautiful couple who had their 64th year anniversary. They got some beautiful spider mums which are out for fall..Even though it is sunny and over 100 degrees. The Deep South. Gotta love her!!
    I have a real strawberry pie and need to shop for the rest of the lunch for Sunday. (not fall like I guess!!). I am resting telling myself I can do this! :) checking in with Sat. college games then off. My poor dog is so confused by my doings the last week and a half!! LOL!!
    but!! I AM ALIVE!!!! :#
  • eku0
    Options
    Irene, so sorry about your aunt...safe travels.
    Jan, sounds like you've had a heck of a week! ( I actually did sell the cardinal, made myself another one without the snow on his head). I hope all your tests turn out ok. So glad your communications are back up. I find it scary when they're down. You've been so busy. Hope you get a chance to catch your breath. Make sure you take good care of yourself.
    Happy weekend, everyone.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My kid and I saw Downton Abbey today. Very enjoyable. Much more light-hearted than the series. That’s about all I did today. 🤣🤣🤣 dishes...I did the dishes too.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's sumptuous Sunday! Looks like a pleasant day, though still a bit warmer than I would like. Still, not as bad as it has been, so I can't complain...not that that has ever stopped me from complaining. :)

Not much on the agenda today. I think my lunch will be the leftover beef stew from the small pot I made yesterday.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-sorry to hear about your aunt, safe travels.
    Val-I am looking forward to seeing Downton Abby.
    Pirate-keep at it, I am sure you will see results soon.
    Jan-so annoying when you have no communications. I am glad everything is back to normal.
    Enjoy your lunch. Did you make the pie? I have never tried to make strawberry pie.
    Hi Vix and Ed.
    It is cool here this morning but supposed to get up into the high 80's. I had planned on going hiking with my daughter, but she texted me this morning that she woke with a migraine and was going back to bed. So I guess I will do a little more yard work.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hope your daughter feels better, Jo. It's nice that you take weekend hikes together.
    Ed, it's 67 and sunny here now, but supposed to go up to 90 today. Summer's last hurrah. Actually looks like it's staying warm at least for the next 2 weeks. Hi 70s, low 80s is pretty nice.
    Glad you enjoyed Downton Abbey, Val. It was a good series.
    Hi Jan and Irene.
    We had fun yesterday, celebrating with the family. My son and new daughter-in-law are back from their honeymoon and had a wonderful time in Hawaii. I brought a gluten free cheesecake with a candle for my daughter's birthday. We were able to pick up a gluten free pizza, so I had a slice....first time I've had a slice of pizza in a few years...yum.
    No special plans for today...need to do a few things around the house, my cleaning person is coming tomorrow, so will just get rid of the clutter before that, maybe some laundry, exercise, etc.
    Happy Sunday everyone! Happy Autumn Equinox! 🍂🍁