Ground Beef Diet?

2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    al4374 wrote: »
    Did anybody you guys experience cravings when you made the switch to only eggs/ground beef/carnivore?

Mostly no. Hunger levels actually really dropped off.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I thought it was funny because I choose a lot of food based on nutrient density, not just taste. Inside joke, although not really funny.

I do this too. I eat foods with a mentality: food=energy and fuel!

If doesn't contribute to making me feel good, I usually don't eat it.

Been eating with this mindset for over 10 years now.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    I thought it was funny because I choose a lot of food based on nutrient density, not just taste. Inside joke, although not really funny.

I do this too. I eat foods with a mentality: food=energy and fuel!

If doesn't contribute to making me feel good, I usually don't eat it.

Been eating with this mindset for over 10 years now.

I’m surprised how the healthy foods are usually the foods I want anyway. Steaks, eggs, fish, seafood, some veggies in butter, and bacon are all delicious. The one food that is ok, not great, that I eat anyway is beef liver because it’s so nutrient dense.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    This looks like the only way I'd try liver again in my life: If you have Netflix, search for Taco Chronicles (short series) and go to Episode 6 "Guisado" (stew tacos). A stand famous for their liver tacos starts at 17:10 and the lady goes through the complete preparation of the filling - extremely thinly sliced liver - this stand has been making these tacos for 50 years. Very simple recipe and so tender she cuts the pieces apart with a spoon... It even looks appetizing, and to me liver NEVER looks appetizing.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I'm always looking for ways to make liver worth eating.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Btw, I am NOT impressed by how the egg fast is working so far. :/
    For context, I've waffled a bit in the 145-147 range for a while.
    Start of egg fast: 147 (GW: 133)
    Morning of day 2: 145.4
    Morning of day 3: 146.0
    Morning of day 4: 145.6

What is going on?! I decided to give it one more day, but I am discouraged that it's not doing much. I was hoping to break through that 145 plateau that I can't seem to get below in recent months. (144.8 two weeks ago but bounced back up.)

So how is it going? Did the egg fast work or did you call it quits or add some ground beef??? Don't leave us hanging. We need a report :)