PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @starbound2001, @adrienne , @STEPH1498, AND @MaryMiller6
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options

Wow! Four new members. We are looking forward to getting to know you. You are welcome to join us here for the last few days of the September challenge, or if you want to start fresh with introductions and less reading to catch up on, we'll see you in the October chat as soon as it opens up. Our October starts September 29th, so don't be startled when you see how soon October is!

I hope you dive in and find a wonderful group of teammates. We do our best to help each other out, and have a safe place to say anything from a good rant to crazy happy dances when the weight starts to come off. Post often, read a lot, and take this time to concentrate on your health and fitness. I hope we can help!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @jugar The article is definitely an interesting approach. I was even thinking of forwarding to my son who needs more indistractability in his life. It makes sense to change habits a little at a time. That premise can also be found in the book, Change One. The idea being make one change at a time instead of taking on everything. For me personally, I am not an “extreme” kind of person. I’ve never done highly restrictive fad diets, never removed all of something from my life. For me, it works better to focus on moderation. (Trust me, I’m STILL working on it!) If I tell myself you can’t ever have that again, guess what I want? That said, I know me. But I am sure this psychology/philosophy will be the thing for some people. Thanks for sharing and giving me something to consider. 💕
  • micki48
    Options
    ***Welcome @starbound2001 @adrienne6827 @Steph1498 and @MaryMiller6 *****

Welcome to all our new members!! This is a great group. So glad you have joined us. Be sure to share if you can. It makes a difference to all of us.

@jugar I’m guessing the Mission Slimpossible part was a mistake.
  • MaryMiller6
    MaryMiller6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are we Slimpossibless or Waistaways?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

We are Team Waistaways. :)
  • Terytha
    Options
    I've been in a pretty bad place this week, so I did it. I booked an hour in a sensory deprivation tank tomorrow.

I need some time away from reality. And snow. It's a blizzard outside today. :(
  • MaryMiller6
    MaryMiller6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Terytha, thank you.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    PW 179.6
    CW 179
  • jugar
    Options

We're WaistAways! Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) was in a hurry and forgot to cut and paste between teams when he was adding people. It happens! But we are definitely WaistAways and you are in the right place.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I've been in a pretty bad place this week, so I did it. I booked an hour in a sensory deprivation tank tomorrow.

I need some time away from reality. And snow. It's a blizzard outside today. :(

Yikes. No wonder I haven't heard from my daughter today! She's probably hiding from the snow. Sounds crazy - enjoy your wonderful deprivation tomorrow <3
  • jugar
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLESWAISTAWAYS!!!!
    @starbound2001, @adrienne , @STEPH1498, AND @MaryMiller6
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    October chat is now open
    Hop over and say hello!
  • jugar
    Options
    nrou7t03d9rf.png

Just a couple more weigh ins for today:
    @martinesther88
    @visiri
    @berriesandsunshine

AND Heads UP for Saturday weigh-ins - the FINAL FOR SEPTEMBER!!!
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @twinkle150

Be sure everything is posted here tomorrow - and then we move on to our October chat!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766332/waist-aways-october-chat#latest
  • micki48
    Options
    It's a blizzard outside today. :(
    Wow @Terytha A blizzard?! It was in the 90s here today. We were at a Greek festival and it was so hot. It would be nice if we could send you some warmth.
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha steps for week. Not great. But also did not wear my Fitbit all the time. It’s losing its charge quickly lately. r9fquk0arx06.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    Last September weigh in. I almost used yesterday’s unofficial weigh in, but it will only make next week that much harder.

PW 197.1
    CW 197.8

(Yesterday I was 196.8 - thanks Greek Festival. 😉)
  • Terytha
    Options
    Terytha last weigh in for the month: 220.8

Sigh. I didn't quite make my goal. Wanted to be under 220.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Terytha last weigh in for the month: 220.8

Sigh. I didn't quite make my goal. Wanted to be under 220.

You lost more than ANYONE else on the team - GO YOU!!!! Down 6.4 pounds. Could it have been more? Sure. Is it still great and worth feeling proud? Hell yeah! Stop that sighing, and go hang out in your relax tank. Pretend there is no snow. And smile that gorgeous smile, ok?
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 4 (September)
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (9/28/19)
    PW = 338.8
    CW = 336.6
This discussion has been closed.