TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    In addition to our mini accountability challenge, the step and water challenge (which runs Monday to Sunday) the team decided to try an exercise and a food challenge for our team weekly. I was “voluntold” 😉 to get us started for our first week. I am posting both challenges below and then will post how I plan to track them on the team feed. I am sure we will also get these added to our spreadsheet so we can track them there.
    ** these will run the same as the step and water challenge.. Monday to Sunday. This will allow to integrate to spreadsheet easier too!**

EXERCISE CHALLENGE:

LET'S START THE MONTH OFF BY COMPILING A LIST OF GREAT WORKOUT VIDEOS.

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE WORKOUT VIDEO (walking aerobic kickboxing etc.)

(No yoga or stretching - we will use those separately as other challenges!)

COMPLETE YOUR VIDEO 1 or 2 TIMES THIS WEEK AND LIST IT HERE AND/OR ON THE SPREADSHEET (IF IT IS ONLINE AND HAS A LINK THAT IS EVEN BETTER!) ** We will revisit this list in a later challenge to try someone else favorites!

FOOD CHALLENGE:

EAT AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT COLORS PER DAY FOR FOUR DAYS.
    TRY TO HIT AS MANY OF THE COLORS FROM THE LIST AS POSSIBLE!

List below was taken from another challenge to give you ideas of some food choices for colors

18scz581qncb.jpg

This is how I plan to track on our team feed... feel free to use this or figure out what works for you!

9/28 Sun (Date/day)
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...
    Under...
    Exercise: 

Other challenges:
    Steps:

Water:  oz.

Food:
    Day 1 a. b.
    Day 2 a. b.
    Day 3 a. b.
    Day 4 a. b.

Exercise:
    Video:
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Link:
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @sandkp love the two challenges! I have copied and added them to the first page of the spreadsheet. I will try to come up with something tomorrow after work that can incorporate the challenges in the spreadsheet!!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    @sandkp love the two challenges! I have copied and added them to the first page of the spreadsheet. I will try to come up with something tomorrow after work that can incorporate the challenges in the spreadsheet!!!

Thanks @cmhubbard92 I was doing a bit of editing (was working from phone tablet and computer getting it uploaded!) My format is now there though. when you go to the spreadsheet tomorrow, if you can create a page that we can list the links for workouts it would be amazing.. my plan is to track them and have a place that we can refer to in later challenges to try someone else favorite workout.. eventually yoga and stretching ones too.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hello TBBT members(new and old!) I am Christine, 26, living in Connectucut. I a dog mom to an almost five month old puppy and a 10 year old labradoodle. I have been part of the team since February, and have been working on my weight loss since November! I have recently helped the group start up our step and water challenge and will tell you a little about them!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). Our step challenge runs Monday-Sunday and is still a new thing for our group! You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The percentage of goal completed is pretty neat, because it gives you a chance to win even if your step count is lower than others! Just be fair and choose a goal that challenges you a little each week! Get your step on and have fun competing against other members!

The Water Challenge
    This challenge began at the same time as our step challenge, however this is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. For the first week of the October challenge, we will be aiming for 7 glasses of water or 56 ounces! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink during the week!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet for the challenges!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY OF THESE CHALLENGES, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »

Thanks @cmhubbard92 I was doing a bit of editing (was working from phone tablet and computer getting it uploaded!) My format is now there though. when you go to the spreadsheet tomorrow, if you can create a page that we can list the links for workouts it would be amazing.. my plan is to track them and have a place that we can refer to in later challenges to try someone else favorite workout.. eventually yoga and stretching ones too.

Yes! @sandkp I can work on that tomorrow, no problem! I am about to head to bed now after I set up next weeks sheet!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/29/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,024
    Water: 84.5oz
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi team. I am Sara from Wisconsin, a 47 yo mom of 3 adults (2 still live with us) and a grandma to a special needs 5 yo who lives with us 50% of the time. I have been on the weight loss roller coaster since 2nd grade. This time around I started last November at 242. Currently 202. I work full time in special education and am fairly quiet here, but I definitely read everything and am here rooting for everyone!

October goal: lose 3% of my weight 6 lbs

How I will get there
    Weekly goals week 1:
    Drink 64 oz water/day
    10,000 steps/day
    Re energize my run training
    Weights at the gym x2
    NO food or drinks from any place that has a drive-thru
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    9/29/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes, cleaning the house
    LW: 125.6
    CW: 125.2
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    9/29 Sun
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under...yes
    Exercise: yes
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    9/29 Sunday
    Steps: didn’t put zip on today, so not sure
    Water: 40 oz
    Food: had a peach, carrots, celery, and cooked onions
    Video :Wasn’t able to complete an exercise video today.
  • swauters
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes Run 1/3

Water - 56 oz
    Steps >13000
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/29
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps-15636
    Water- 132oz
  • swauters
    Options
    9/29
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps-15636
    Water- 132oz[/
    quote]

Way to start the new month! Those numbers are great!
  • sandkp
    Options
    9/28 sun
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  yes

Other challenges:
    Steps: n/a
    Water: 55 oz.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    9/28 Sun
    Mini challenge
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - walked for 45 min, did 2 videos
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/28:
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 minutes treadmill, 30 min walk
    Steps: 19,071
    Water: 48 oz
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    For the first week of the October challenge, we will be aiming for 7 glasses of water or 56 ounces!

@cmhubbard92 You’re killing me with these water goals! If I eventually meet them, I won’t be getting any work done during the day unless I take my laptop to the bathroom!! :D
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    After reading everyone’s weekend posts, I’ve decided that I need to make a better effort of exercising on the weekend. I don’t know why I am lazy all weekend when I know that exercising during the week makes me feel better. Sounds like a new goal to start the new month and leads me into my question of the week:

Other than exercise, what methods do you use to stay on track during the weekend?

I have discovered that I have great weight loss during the week, but I gain it all back over the weekend which is why I am not making any forward progress. I’d love to hear some tips from our awesome team members.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    For the first week of the October challenge, we will be aiming for 7 glasses of water or 56 ounces!

@cmhubbard92 You’re killing me with these water goals! If I eventually meet them, I won’t be getting any work done during the day unless I take my laptop to the bathroom!! :D

🤣 @pkg1998 we're not even up to the daily recommended amount! You've got this!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

My name is Julissa, live in Southern California. Married, have 2 boys one who is in College and another one in high school. New to the group...Need the daily accountability. I have been yoyoing 30+ lbs for the last couple of years.
This discussion has been closed.