Tracked: yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: Took my dog out for a 20 minute walk
    Water: 56oz
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    After reading everyone’s weekend posts, I’ve decided that I need to make a better effort of exercising on the weekend. I don’t know why I am lazy all weekend when I know that exercising during the week makes me feel better. Sounds like a new goal to start the new month and leads me into my question of the week:

Other than exercise, what methods do you use to stay on track during the weekend?

I have discovered that I have great weight loss during the week, but I gain it all back over the weekend which is why I am not making any forward progress. I’d love to hear some tips from our awesome team members.

I have the same issue. I do great through the week, the weekend comes around and I just get lazy. I am looking forward to seeing everyones answers.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I joined this group to help keep me motivated on the weekends !😁

I’ve been trying to reframe my “I have to do a workout and I just want to sit here and read my book” into “I’ve read for half an hour, I know I’ll feel better about life after I clean the bathroom” or do a load of laundry, or weed the garden. Something active, but also working towards clearing the mental clutter in my brain. Trying to do something because it’s good for me and only me - exercise - I just find a million reasons to skip it.

And @cmhubbard92 will you add me to the step and water challenge spreadsheet, please? I don’t really have a good estimate for where I am in steps per day, so I’ll just set the 10k per day for 70,000. Thank you!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't so great for me calorie wise. After Friday's zoo trip I just couldn't get over feeling thirsty. While I tried to drink lots of water, I moved on to soda and juice because water makes my stomach feel weird and starts to give me heartburn. Does anyone else have that problem with water?
    Maybe I am drinking too fast or maybe it is a mental thing since I don't enjoy it.

I did get a lot of chores done yesterday along with giving both dogs a bath. I totally consider that a workout.

I ate carrots, letttuce, tomato and tomato sauce. Orange, red, and green.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    cmhubbard92 could you also add me to the challenges ! 🙂thanks! Need to get back on the accountability thing !!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Other than exercise, what methods do you use to stay on track during the weekend?

I have discovered that I have great weight loss during the week, but I gain it all back over the weekend which is why I am not making any forward progress. I’d love to hear some tips from our awesome team members.

I wish I could help you, but my weekends- along with weekdays after 7pm- are a hot mess.

• ourvibrantlife
    ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ☀️

Monday weigh in 161.4
    Starting weight 160.6

I was so focused on a Monday start .. :D

Sunday 29th

Tracked no
    Under no
    Exercise yes yard clean up

Same here .. my weekends are a free for all as you can tell by my stats.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Good morning! I joined this group to help keep me motivated on the weekends !😁

I’ve been trying to reframe my “I have to do a workout and I just want to sit here and read my book” into “I’ve read for half an hour, I know I’ll feel better about life after I clean the bathroom” or do a load of laundry, or weed the garden. Something active, but also working towards clearing the mental clutter in my brain. Trying to do something because it’s good for me and only me - exercise - I just find a million reasons to skip it.

And @cmhubbard92 will you add me to the step and water challenge spreadsheet, please? I don’t really have a good estimate for where I am in steps per day, so I’ll just set the 10k per day for 70,000. Thank you!

@Calli1616 I have added you to this week's spreadsheet!
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    cmhubbard92 could you also add me to the challenges ! 🙂thanks! Need to get back on the accountability thing !!

@LMK02020 I have added you to the spreadsheet as well! What would you like to set your step goal as?
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    9/29/19
    mini challenge
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 8.4km hike
    Steps: 13,500
    Water: 76oz
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 please add me to the challenges
    Steps: 58,000 / week. My average is ±50,000 per week
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    9/30/19
    mini challenge
    Exercise: yes Grid class at gym and 10 minutes tread mill
    Steps: 6500
    Water: 67.6oz
    weight: 205.69lb
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    I am sorry I am posting in bits and pieces. I now have a better idea as to how. Will combine the mini and other challenges tomorrow on 1 post
    Foods
    29 Sept
    A/C/G/H
    30 Sept
    A/B/C/G/H
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    9/29 Food colors(forgot to put in with mini challenge yesterday)
    Red: tomato
    Green: green pepper/lettuce
    Purple- red onion
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 please add me to the challenges
    Steps: 58,000 / week. My average is ±50,000 per week

@petrocoetsee I have added you to the step/water challenge!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    With the water challenge increasing and many of us don't seem to be super fond of just water - wondering if anyone uses Mio or similar product in their water to flavor? Or the bottles that can infuse fruit in their water? I tried the infused bottles and it worked, but seemed to be a bit messy by the end of the workday if I didn't have a way to change the fruit out. I have also tried the Mio and tend to favor that for drinking water...
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    With the water challenge increasing and many of us don't seem to be super fond of just water - wondering if anyone uses Mio or similar product in their water to flavor? Or the bottles that can infuse fruit in their water? I tried the infused bottles and it worked, but seemed to be a bit messy by the end of the workday if I didn't have a way to change the fruit out. I have also tried the Mio and tend to favor that for drinking water...

@sandkp You can do whatever to your water to make it suitable! I would *personally* go so far as saying an unsweetened tea of zero calorie flavoring could count toward it, but I wouldn't include something like diet soda! I used to put fruit and mint in my tea, but now just enjoy it ice cold.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For the first week of the October challenge, we will be aiming for 7 glasses of water or 56 ounces!

@cmhubbard92 You’re killing me with these water goals! If I eventually meet them, I won’t be getting any work done during the day unless I take my laptop to the bathroom!! :D

I had a giggle at this Pam 😂 I felt the same today, never been so glad to be able to dash out of my classroom at breaks!!

I need a bit of a kick up the bum team 🙈 Does anyone ever feel this way? I’ve lost the same 10lbs again that I’ve been working on all summer and my clothes are feeling a little looser. You’d think that would give me extra motivation (and rationally it does) but I’m perilously close to falling off the bandwagon again after a few poor choices at the weekend.
    Diet was good today despite it being quite hard to stick to it and work is mental again which is impacting my activity goal but I just feel my head isn’t as in the game! Hoping this is a 48 hour thing and I’ll feel motivated tomorrow morning for some pre work gym. I have another parents evening tomorrow after school so I know I’ll not get it in afterwards.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited September 2019
    Options
    9/30/19
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 11,088 currently
    Water: 112.6oz

Food Colors:
    Red-Strawberries and grapes, red leaf lettuce, red onion(purple/red... I don't know)
    Yellow- banana
    Orange -carrot
    Green-lettuce

This is random, but on Friday at my work picnic I had fruit salad, and it had dragon fruit. I wasn't terribly thrilled with it because the texture was weird and it had almost no flavor... I can gladly say it is something "exotic" that I will never go out of my way for haha.

I finally got the puppy to the dog park today. The one closest to me is completely wooded, and he loved it! There was only one other dog there and Dillon loved running around with him! It was a nice short hike through the woods to get there, and some trails in the fenced in park! The woman with the other dog was telling me about some dog friendly hiking trails near me, and now I have some places to check out!
    aty4thalm4i5.jpg
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I am back from my absence. My wife has been home since Friday night and all the tests came back negative. Didn’t do so great at eating during those days. Hospital food is terrible and quick options near the hospital were fast food and pizza. I am sure I will have a terrible weight this week but just know I am getting back on track.

Sun:
    Exercise: no
    Water: 12 cups

Mon:
    Water: 16 cups

I see there are new challenges but I have to catch up on dozens of posts so I will get there tomorrow hopefully.
    Welcome all new teammates.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I am back from my absence. My wife has been home since Friday night and all the tests came back negative. Didn’t do so great at eating during those days. Hospital food is terrible and quick options near the hospital were fast food and pizza. I am sure I will have a terrible weight this week but just know I am getting back on track.

Sun:
    Exercise: no
    Water: 12 cups

Mon:
    Water: 16 cups

I see there are new challenges but I have to catch up on dozens of posts so I will get there tomorrow hopefully.
    Welcome all new teammates.

@erikNJ I'm so glad to hear everything came back negative for your wife! Shockingly the hospital near me has a really good cafeteria! And saying you're posting here in October, I hope that means you're staying with us! Great job on the water yesterday and today! Find your pace making it back into everything, I can only imagine how stressful that was!
This discussion has been closed.