Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Tracked no
    Under absolutely no
    Exercise no

Steps 11653
    Water 66 oz

QUESTION has anyone tried calorie cycling? For example, instead of the daily calories MFP gives you, add up the weekly total, then give yourself random amounts thought the week.

If MFP says 1500 each day that's 10500 calories per week. So Sunday 1200, Monday 1500, Tuesday 1200, Wednesday 1200, Thursday 1800, Friday 2000, Saturday 1600.

Has that worked for anyone? Thinking maybe shake things up a bit

@swauters I haven’t tried it, but I’ve heard about it on a podcast I listen to sometimes. It’s recommended especially if calorie intake tends to be higher on the weekends.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in

Last week’s weight - 205lbs
    This week’s weight - 204.9lbs

Really a maintain for me!

This week has been really difficult tbh and I’ve been missing from the thread so I get why my loss isn’t more. I talked about the struggle for motivation I was experiencing early in the week and this definitely played a part but I also have been swamped at work and life has been really busy but with not a lot of the fun things! Next week will be better.

I have pages of the thread to get through and will sit down tonight after work to see what’s been happening.

@cmhubbard92 I’ve been terrible with updating and haven’t done my steps all week! Will update tonight although they don’t make for inspiring figures 😂

@Coral333 We all have those kind of weeks when “life” gets in the way. The important thing is to just get back on track as soon as possible.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Last: 243.9
    This: 244.2

@erikNJ Not bad considering the week you’ve had.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Last week 199
    This week 193

Tracking and moving this week, I feel great!

That is an awesome loss!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Thursday was a no all the way on the mini Challenge. I also didn't drink much water and was surprised to notice the difference in how I felt this morning. I felt my hands and feet were more swollen.

Yesterday, the temperature got up to 101 at my house. Totally out of the norm for this area at this time of year. I was hoping for cooler walking weather 4 weeks ago.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just shy of 20000 steps yesterday. Ended up getting the train the last mile though as just so tired!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

QUESTION has anyone tried calorie cycling? For example, instead of the daily calories MFP gives you, add up the weekly total, then give yourself random amounts thought the week.

I haven’t tried this but it crossed my mind more than a few times. Honestly I think that the pressure of the mini challenge here makes me feel like that would be a failure. I’m not even sure if that makes total sense, but that is how it has ran through my head

@HASWLRS the mini challenge says stay under your calorie goal. If I mixed up my week and gave myself calorie goals for each day that equaled a week of MFP calories, would you count that as a yes? Or is the challenge strictly by MFP daily goal given to you?

@swauters, if you were willing to do your own math, and had set goals each day, then I don't see why not. The grey area would be when you go over one day unexpectedly early in the week....with regular calorie cycling, you would just alter your calorie goals for the next day or two, but in the case of the mini challenge, it would be a "no" day, even though you may totally still be on track with your weekly total.
  • HASWLRS
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hey, team. I am back. Took a few extra days.....

I have just read through all the posts, and am loving the team interaction! Got some results to report, but that will have to wait. My niece is getting married tomorrow, so this will be another quiet weekend from me.

Missing some Friday weigh-ins:

@abowersgirl, @bagney40, @ForLangston and @lindamtuck2018

On deck for Saturday:

@Calli1616

Missing from Thursday:

@cossmoss15 and @sandkp

Missing from earlier in the week:

@dymphnadaniels, @Caronell and @eatingfoodles

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    10/4 thurs
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: yes

Other challenges:
    Steps: n/a
    Water: 60 oz.

Food:
    Day 1 9/30 green peppers, red peppers, white onions
    Day 2 10/2 green spinach, white coconut, red tomato
    Day 3 10/4 green spinach, red tomato yellow banana
    Day 4

Exercise:
    Video:
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Link:
  • sandkp
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    sandkp wrote: »
    So what's a girl to do.. we had the daily weekly weigh debate... you all know I said I do both n realized the jumps from time to time. Well this week with outside issues I've been watching daily.. mon 212.4, Tuesday 212.9 wed 212.5 and today weigh in day.. 215.7. ummm really? Before any food or drink.. after descent sleep and the bathroom (sorry if tmi) so again.. what's a girl supposed to do with that info? Not the mental start I wanted to the day especially one so fun filled - clean fish tanks, toilets, clean out fridge, study some for the work test I have to take and pass in a month or two.

@sandkp Hard to explain that much of an increase, but probably something to do with foods you ate. Not that they were bad choices, but a lot of factors can show an increase in weight without being an actual increase. I use the “Happy Scale” app which highlights trends and averages and actual weights are more in the background. I find it helps especially with daily weigh-ins.

@pkg1998 I am not sure either because it was down today a bit 214.2 but not what it was before.... I do have a major headache today so not sure if stress has something to do with it along with possible food choices. I haven't heard of happy scale but will look that up!
  • sandkp
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hey, team. I am back. Took a few extra days.....

I have just read through all the posts, and am loving the team interaction! Got some results to report, but that will have to wait. My niece is getting married tomorrow, so this will be another quiet weekend from me.

Missing some Friday weigh-ins:

@abowersgirl, @bagney40, @ForLangston and @lindamtuck2018

On deck for Saturday:

@Calli1616

Missing from Thursday:

@cossmoss15 and @sandkp

Missing from earlier in the week:

@dymphnadaniels, @Caronell and @eatingfoodles

@HASWLRS I am sorry - posted a dissertation instead of normal weigh in on Thursday because it was so off and I was frustrated (still am and trying not to let it derail me totally for the rest of this week... but I am definitely losing that battle today) ... I will post from my phone later this evening as that is where my format is for weigh ins :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    10/5 Friday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes

Other challenges:
    Water: still working but 50 oz. so far will update on spreadsheet for final total

Food: challenge done!
    Day 4 10/5 orange carrots , brown rice

hit: green, red white, yellow, orange and brown

Exercise:
    Video:
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Link:
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@swauters, if you were willing to do your own math, and had set goals each day, then I don't see why not. The grey area would be when you go over one day unexpectedly early in the week....with regular calorie cycling, you would just alter your calorie goals for the next day or two, but in the case of the mini challenge, it would be a "no" day, even though you may totally still be on track with your weekly total.

@HASWLRS
    Thanks, I think I will try this for a couple of weeks. I have 2 weeks of calories mapped out and planned for each day. If I go over a day I promise to count it as a no. If I cheat, I am only cheating myself. Plus, I love data, so I would be skewing that if I said yes on when it was really a no day.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @californiajuls WOW that's an awesome loss. Congratulations!
  • sandkp
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @HASWLRS here ya go...

Week: Week 1
    Today: Thursday, 10/3
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight: 212.8 lbs
    Current week's weight: 215.7 lbs
  • sandkp
    Options
    10/5 Friday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes

Other challenges:
    Water: still working but 50 oz. so far will update on spreadsheet for final total

Food: challenge done!
    Day 4 10/5 orange carrots , brown rice

hit: green, red white, yellow, orange and brown

Exercise:
    Video:
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Link:

Okay team.. my dates got off a bit...this WAS for friday 10/4... and my day 3 and day 4 foods should be 10/3 and 10/4... I am blaming it on the headache.. not just being dingbatty... 🤪
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 10/4/19
    Yes/yes/yes
    Banana:tomato:lettuce:blueberries
    10136 steps
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/4 Friday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... NO!! :'(
    Exercise: yes Grid class at gym and some treadmill

Other challenges:
    Steps:9793

Water: oz.78

Food:
    Red: tomato, strawberries
    Orange: paw paw,
    Blue: blue Berries
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Mini Challenge Friday
    No to all

It was a busy day with quick and easy but high calorie food choices. I've only had red vegetables the last 2 days.
    I had 32oz water.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS here ya go...

Week: Week 1
    Today: Thursday, 10/3
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight: 212.8 lbs
    Current week's weight: 215.7 lbs

@sandkp, thanks, Shawnee. That is why I post these reminders.....sometimes I miss them, and sometimes people think they have posted and they haven't.
This discussion has been closed.