Weigh In Mon 28th Oct - Sun 3rd Nov

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

and for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    SW: 246.3 lbs (27 Feb 2017)
    GW: 146.3 lbs
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 184.3 lbs
    TW: 182.3 lbs
    Variance: 2.0 lbs
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    SW: 201lb (01 Jan 19)
    GW: 140lb
    LW: 150.2lb (actually 1st Oct)
    CW: 149.4lb (-0.8lb)
    OL: -51.6lb

Back after a significant awol period. I went to my mother-in-laws 70th party weekend and things got very out of control dietwise. With all the watee weight gain and bloating I've been feeling a bit miserable and not much like weighing in or dieting. But finally back down below where I was. So onwards and upwards!
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you have all done so well !

After a break of sorts I thought, at least my waistline told me I needed to get a grip. A few bad weeks at work turned into months and a lack of exercise has made me sit up and wonder WTF has gone on and why I have dropped this

back to bad old habits

Anyway back to basics- weighted myself for the first time in months and 15 Stone so back to 210 lbs

My starting point is 210 my goal has to be 2 stone (28lbs) from here. I need your support and motivation and sticking power please

Wobble
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    Options
    Saw an interesting thing on the telly the other day
    Take a bit of string , measure your self head to toe, take the string and half it , put around your middle ( belly button route not hips ) and the string should meet up. This apparently is a very easy way to check the levels of your visceral fat ( the bad fat around your internal organs). I have not tried it yet but am going to give it a go and keep a log as I think it may be another way to check your loss and shape change- I have no doubt my string will not touch, suspect I am too short !

W
  • amskinner87
    Options
    Welcome back @wobblemcwobbleface we have all missed you!

Sorry you've had some bad months - I'm ready to give you lots of support to get back on track. You did so well before - I'm sure you can acheive your goal.

Re. the string thing - I've read quite a bit of stuff about how waist to height ratio (with an ideal max of 0.5) is a really good metric for weight related healthiness, probably better than bmi.
  • amskinner87
    Options
    My waist-to-height ratio is 0.44. I'm basically in the 'healthy' range for all the metrics now, but I'm really struggling mentally. It's made me realise that I have felt 'fat and disgusting' pretty much from 9st 4 all the way up to 14st 5. So chasing my goal weight is not really going to help - need to go hardcore on self-esteem and body acceptance!

Pretty sad to realise as well, so much time wasted and still being wasted in self hatred ☹
  • amskinner87
    Options
    Sorry that wasn't upbeat at all 🤣🤣🤣
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Sorry that wasn't upbeat at all 🤣🤣🤣

@amskinner87 At least you now know what needs working on. I think that a lot of people overlook this aspect of a healthy mind/body and think that weight loss alone will make them happy.

Seconding the welcome back @wobblemcwobbleface perhaps it might be worth taking it a little slower this time around, might help with it being more sustainable. Even if you only lost half a pound a week, you could be at your goal this time next year and be far more capable of maintaining in the future.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    Options
    Thanks both
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 255.7lbs
    GW: 245.0lbs
    LW: 246.0lbs
    CW: 248.2lbs

+2.2lbs

Had a pretty carb heavy weekend and also it's my bloaty PMS days, I was down to 245lbs on Friday morning and I am pretty confident I didn't overeat maintenance by 10500 calories, so will see how it looks tomorrow morning.
  • rachelatlas1
    rachelatlas1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’ve taken a few weeks off from checking in but wanted to touch base and see how everyone is doing!

SW: 162 lbs (Oct ‘18)
    GW: was 112 lbs
    LW: ? Don’t recall, probably around 110-111
    TW: 107 lbs

I’m officially 7 lbs away from my high school weight! And I have a teenager, so that says a lot!!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Y1 SW 194 lbs 2/12/17
    Y2 SW 179 lbs 1/4/18
    Y3 SW 150 lbs 1/1/19
    GW 125 lbs
    LW 153.2 lbs 10/26/19
    CW 152.4 lbs 11/2/19 (-0.8 lbs)

Total weight loss: -41.6 lbs!

Finally, a loss! I'm still up from the beginning of the year, but I'm getting better at honest daily logging again (and trying not to eat all the Halloween candy!). It's amazing how easy it is to get out of a habit and how hard it is to make habits. (My psychology hat is fascinated by this.) Hope this trend continues for next week!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’ve taken a few weeks off from checking in but wanted to touch base and see how everyone is doing!

SW: 162 lbs (Oct ‘18)
    GW: was 112 lbs
    LW: ? Don’t recall, probably around 110-111
    TW: 107 lbs

I’m officially 7 lbs away from my high school weight! And I have a teenager, so that says a lot!!

Fantastic job! Congratulations! This gives me so much encouragement and makes me think, "if others can do it, then why not me, too?" I hope you continue to check in, because it definitely was great motivation for me!
This discussion has been closed.