WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    Welcome @eyezbydiana ! Tell us some about yourself, and never hesitate to ask questions, speak your mind, or give advice to someone going through a problem you have faced successfully. We're a supportive bunch, and I hope we can help you hit the ground running towards your goals. One thing that might be confusing - you just signed up with a weigh-in day of Sunday. But today is the Week 1 weigh-in day, so if you want to revise your "starting weight" to what it was last Sunday (if you have changed weight at all this week), just let me know. Otherwise, please confirm your weigh-in for today. Thanks!

Congratulations to the whole team for our outstanding October. I don't think we have done this well in quite a long time, and it is due to steady work on change, sticking through it and bouncing back when a day goes off plan. Well done!

For step team people, you can just report steps how it works best for you. Every day is wonderful, but as long as each week's steps are ALL in by the end of the day on Saturdays, any rate of reporting during the week is fine. @micki48 will be putting the numbers on the spreadsheet and reporting on how amazing the results are every week. If you'd like to commit to a particular number per day, that can go on there as well. Sometimes it helps to have a daily goal (I picture people walking madly around their house before bed to make up the last couple of hundred steps!).

I think I will also join the steps challenge again. I just use a phone app and it isn't always perfect, but I have been a bit more sedentary than I'd like lately, so I'll jump in!
  • jugar
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Hello team waist aways!
    My name is Stephanie and I’m excited to stay with MFP and this group for the third month. I’m just getting back to being more focused on my fitness and these connections really help with motivation.

My weight has increased steadily through the last twenty years with more family and career responsibilities. In my twenties I ran marathons and enjoyed my body and fitness activities. I really loved that strength and confidence.

Recently I quit my stressful job and our family moved to Europe (Luxembourg). I’m not working here and have lots of time to focus on my health. I want to build better lifelong habits for myself and family.

I’m having slow progress in weight loss, I started in August at about about 176 lbs and have lost 7 pounds so far. I’m starting to see some results and working to stay consistent and engaged.

This month I want to log my food intake each day, try three new types of workouts and join a gym in my local area (I’ve been working out at home).

Please add me to the step group and the Pilates sessions.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and sharing of knowledge in these posts!
    I really like your specific and do-able goals for November, Stephanie! Luxembourg is beautiful - we hope to hear more about it as you settle in and enjoy living in Europe. I lived in The Netherlands for a couple of years (ages ago) and still miss it in many ways.

For the steps challenge you're IN.
    For the Pilates challenge, please go to the link and sign up. You'll get the official daily videos, etc.
    https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates-with-a-purpose/
    Everyone else is encouraged to do this FIVE DAY challenge with us. Join at that site, but also report back here letting us know if you did the session and how it went for you. I find them wonderful, and hope you will like them too. @micki48 got me into them, and I have been doing the Pilates sessions almost every day for a while now. Feels great.
  • jugar
    Options
    Psssst. @Terytha . Have you set an alarm to get up and move around every hour or two while you're writing? :p So cool that you're doing the NaNoWriMo!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar My Garmin watch buzzes every hour. Regrettably I ignored it yesterday and ended up quite sore all over, but today we went to the gym first, so I'm better off. :smiley:

Can you defer my next weigh in? Or cancel it? I'm flying out for the funeral on Friday and won't be back until quite late on Monday.
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Welcome @eyezbydiana ! Tell us some about yourself, and never hesitate to ask questions, speak your mind, or give advice to someone going through a problem you have faced successfully. We're a supportive bunch, and I hope we can help you hit the ground running towards your goals. One thing that might be confusing - you just signed up with a weigh-in day of Sunday. But today is the Week 1 weigh-in day, so if you want to revise your "starting weight" to what it was last Sunday (if you have changed weight at all this week), just let me know. Otherwise, please confirm your weigh-in for today. Thanks!

Congratulations to the whole team for our outstanding October. I don't think we have done this well in quite a long time, and it is due to steady work on change, sticking through it and bouncing back when a day goes off plan. Well done!

For step team people, you can just report steps how it works best for you. Every day is wonderful, but as long as each week's steps are ALL in by the end of the day on Saturdays, any rate of reporting during the week is fine. @micki48 will be putting the numbers on the spreadsheet and reporting on how amazing the results are every week. If you'd like to commit to a particular number per day, that can go on there as well. Sometimes it helps to have a daily goal (I picture people walking madly around their house before bed to make up the last couple of hundred steps!).

I think I will also join the steps challenge again. I just use a phone app and it isn't always perfect, but I have been a bit more sedentary than I'd like lately, so I'll jump in!

Hi, Ill keep 212 as my starting and current weight :-) didn't weigh myself last week
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @jugar My Garmin watch buzzes every hour. Regrettably I ignored it yesterday and ended up quite sore all over, but today we went to the gym first, so I'm better off. :smiley:

Can you defer my next weigh in? Or cancel it? I'm flying out for the funeral on Friday and won't be back until quite late on Monday.

no problem.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi, Ill keep 212 as my starting and current weight :-) didn't weigh myself last week
    No problem! And if you are having plantar fasciitis or however you spell that, you might trade some of the steps for exercise bike or some other lower impact but good cardio/strength thing. If you work out at home, weirdly enough bouncing on one of those large swiss balls (gymnastic balls - they go by many names) is a lot of fun and you can work up quite a sweat even while being super easy on your feet. I used to send my family into gales of laughter turning on some good tunes and bouncing myself all over the livingroom. Good thing they didn't have video cameras... You can pick one up for a small cost, and there are tons of easy fun exercises that can fit in just about any time. Whichever kind of exercise you pick, tracking your food is the most important thing you can do. It isn't always pretty (but log it anyhow!), but it is just about the most effective tool there is. Great to have you with us!
  • jugar
    Options
    (putting on my nagger-in-chief hat)
    SUNDAY WEIGH-INS still due!
    @Andreabroadley - hoping you're feeling OK and things are improving <3
    @kx7003 our SUPER STAR for last week and last month! WEAR THE TIARA!
    @Safari_Gal_ even though you just signed up and your starting weight is still close behind, if you can, weigh in today!

and MONDAY people HEADS UP!
    @tdrjustus3
    @reflectionofme
    @Loopyluc - hoping you have found us! Welcome when you get here :smile:

(taking off hat)
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    No problem! And if you are having plantar fasciitis or however you spell that, you might trade some of the steps for exercise bike or some other lower impact but good cardio/strength thing. If you work out at home, weirdly enough bouncing on one of those large swiss balls (gymnastic balls - they go by many names) is a lot of fun and you can work up quite a sweat even while being super easy on your feet. I used to send my family into gales of laughter turning on some good tunes and bouncing myself all over the livingroom. Good thing they didn't have video cameras... You can pick one up for a small cost, and there are tons of easy fun exercises that can fit in just about any time. Whichever kind of exercise you pick, tracking your food is the most important thing you can do. It isn't always pretty (but log it anyhow!), but it is just about the most effective tool there is. Great to have you with us!

Thanks! I hadn't thought about the stationary bike..i usually avoid it as i don't feel like i break a sweat as much as running or the elliptical.. but that's definitely better than nothing at all! Thanks
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Things still challenging for exercise. Gained a bit this week. Ate no Halloween stuff though!

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In day: Sunday
    PW: 154.6
    CW: 155.5
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Hey @micki48 I’ll give the step challenge a try. I’ve never done it. Do we post daily or weekly? Hoping it helps me get through holidays!
    micki48 wrote: »

Waistaways Step Challenge - Who else is in? You don’t have to do 8k or 10k or 20k to join. The goal is to just increase your own stepping. Or maintain it if you are where you want to be. Join us.

@Connie7355 @eyezbydiana Glad to have you on the step team. Every bit of motivation helps. You can post steps daily or at the end of the week. You could also just give a total for the week. Whatever works for you. Please try to have steps in by the end of our week.

1. Micki48 (Michele)
    2. Steph1498
    3. Connie7355
    4. eyezbydiana

• micki48
    Options
    I messed up the above post, but you get the idea. Join our step challenge.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ Happy to have you with us!! Good luck!!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Hey @micki48 I’ll give the step challenge a try. I’ve never done it. Do we post daily or weekly? Hoping it helps me get through holidays!

Waistaways Step Challenge - Who else is in? You don’t have to do 8k or 10k or 20k to join. The goal is to just increase your own stepping. Or maintain it if you are where you want to be. Join us.

@Connie7355 @eyezbydiana Glad to have you on the step team. Every bit of motivation helps. You can post steps daily or at the end of the week. You could also just give a total for the week. Whatever works for you. Please try to have steps in by the end of our week.

1. Micki48 (Michele)
    2. Steph1498
    3. Connie7355
    4. eyezbydiana

Dumb question but is Saturday considered the end of the week? Would we post Sunday morning for the week before to get all of Saturday in?
  • micki48
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to have a daily goal (I picture people walking madly around their house before bed to make up the last couple of hundred steps!).

@jugar Dat me🖐🏼😂🚶🏽‍♀️

Glad your with us for steps. Are you putting these names in for me? Do I have permission yet to add stats?

Also, I’m in for Pilates.
  • micki48
    Options
    Dumb question but is Saturday considered the end of the week? Would we post Sunday morning for the week before to get all of Saturday in?

@Connie7355 Not a dumb question at all. Saturday is the last day of our week here. So, yes you can post Sunday to get in all of your steps. (I did the same.) I want credit for every step. Please get them in as early as possible and by noon at the latest. That way I can do my stats and report back to everyone.

Also, steppers please tag me and include “steps” in your post so I can find it. Like @jugar I will mark them insightful when I have seen and recorded them. Thanks a bunch!!🚶🏽‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏾‍♀️🚶🏿‍♂️🏆
  • jugar
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to have a daily goal (I picture people walking madly around their house before bed to make up the last couple of hundred steps!).

@jugar Dat me🖐🏼😂🚶🏽‍♀️

Glad your with us for steps. Are you putting these names in for me? Do I have permission yet to add stats?

Also, I’m in for Pilates.

You should be able to add steps no problem. I put in some names just to get it up and running, but as long as you have opened the spreadsheet from the email invitation sent to you last week, then you'll be able to edit. Just let me know if you have any problems!

And I didn't get steps counted for today, like an idiot, but will turn it on tomorrow for sure!! I'll be joining you walking around before bedtime...
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    @jugar Im going to try out the Pilates challenge as well
    Just double checking.. currently it's the step challenge, weigh ins and pilates challenges right? Anything else going on I need/ should join/do?
This discussion has been closed.