• eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Steps for 11/3: 9,102
    @micki48
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I'd love to be on the step team too...it's the one thing I can do right...lol

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I’m going to report my steps here each day so that I can be accountable.
    11/3: 8927
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Steps for 11/3: 9,102
    @micki48

Got it! Thanks. I will put it on the spreadsheet. Great going!!
    @micki48 I'd love to be on the step team too...it's the one thing I can do right...lol

@fourathomej Great to have you along. :) Every little thing makes a difference.
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 I’m going to report my steps here each day so that I can be accountable.
    11/3: 8927

@Steph1498 Sounds great! I'll look for them and mark them "insightful". Great going for day 1

FYI - If you ever want to check the numbers and check up on me ;), you can go to the November spreadsheet, Click on Waistaways and scroll to the bottom to see our step numbers. If you ever see an error, feel free to let me know. I'm new at this job. Happy stepping!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Im going to try out the Pilates challenge as well
    Just double checking.. currently it's the step challenge, weigh ins and pilates challenges right? Anything else going on I need/ should join/do?

@eyezbydiana There are also optional challenges led by a team each week. (Our turn is next week, I believe, so any ideas welcome.) The current challenge is on getting better sleep. And there is a Moderators challenge which is ongoing 5 for 90, which is posting on 5 specific things you will do each day to get us to the end of the year. Hope I didn't confuse you. I will get the links and post them here or maybe @jugar or @Terytha will get to it before me.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    @jugar Im going to try out the Pilates challenge as well
    Just double checking.. currently it's the step challenge, weigh ins and pilates challenges right? Anything else going on I need/ should join/do?

Fantastic! As @micki48 said, all of the challenges are voluntary - you can pick which ones interest you the most. The steps continue all month, the pilates challenge is just this week (I just did it and feel great!). The moderators are running a challenge for the rest of 2019 (5 for 90) that you can find in the "announcements" section of the F2F main page or hit directly on
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766872/5-for-90-the-last-90-days-of-2019/p1
    That is the first page of the challenge so you can see what the five things are. The idea is to adapt that list to yourself, and then try to do all five things every day until 2020 starts and see how it helped you. If you want to post your progress here or on that thread - either is great. But as always, this is optional. If it helps you, dive in!

The sleep challenge is on our first page from this chat thread. Personally I have no sleep problems now that I am retired and everyone in my family is doing well at the moment. But if you struggle to get your full sleep quota, this is a good one.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    It is feeling crisp and cold here this morning, and the first day of this new Pilates challenge was a good one. I finally got back to doing some aerobic exercise last night while watching an episode of something - it felt good to get sweaty, but I saw how much I have slipped since the last time I was on the exercise bike. Usually I do 10 miles during one episode of this one, and I only did 8.6 last night! Maybe it was a boring episode... Or I was just boring. Can't wait for snowshoe season - then I really love getting my sweat on!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

@jugar and the rest of the team - it’s so great being a part of a team where people are all working hard and have similiar goals!

It’s so refreshing see the team chug along determined. Yay!

My contribution today - I have a 45 min SoulCycle with weights on the menu.

Onward! 😉
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 128
    CW: 126.1

• micki48
    Options
    Better sleep challenge-day 1ljoosrwkcp2x.jpeg

I’m fairly good here. Although I’m a late nighter in bed around midnight, I usually average about 7 hours a night. With one job I had, I averaged about 5 hours a night and I can tell you, I never got used to it. It was awful.

How much sleep do you get a night?
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Nov. 3rd Steps - 10,172

@reflectionofme Very nice weigh in!!

As for sleep I do pretty well. The one thing I do that I shouldn’t is read ebooks on a tablet in bed. I know that’s a no no.

Goals for today:
    Walk every hour
    Drink water!! 💦 (I do not drink near enough water)
    Plan meals
    No eating after 7:30 pm
  • micki48
    Options
    Pilates for a purpose Day 1 ✅
    I’m hoping for a walk or to get to the gym later.
  • jugar
    Options
    @reflectionofme you are a champ!!! You just quietly go on getting the job done. What is your goal? Are you close? Or are you a super shorty like me and the goal is way down there somewhere?

@micki48 steps are going OK today! I got my counter back on and in use.

I get a good 8 hours every night now. This was not always the case, but one thing performing musicians do if they are smart is take care of getting enough sleep. We KNOW how bad things are when you are tired. And in the years I worked like a crazy person both as a musician and as a university prof and denizen of the upper administration, it was much harder. That is when I got up to my highest weight, had the most performance injuries, and generally felt pretty bad. Of course my kids were young too - it was the trifecta of bad sleep. My daughter (now 27) did not sleep through the night for four YEARS. Not months. Years. Thought I would perish. But now I love my sleep.

Oddly enough, @Connie7355 - I have no problems reading on my phone (not table, but e-reader on the phone) before sleeping. I find it much less disruptive than reading with a light on. I set the screen to black with white type, very dim, with blue light filter both on the phone and my glasses. I love to read before sleeping, and this does not seem to cause any excessive wakefulness at all. Maybe you can find a way to have your book and sleep through it too!

So today so far, lots of Pilates (I got carried away), walking, and some exercise bike still to come tonight. I feel back on track for that part of things for now! How is everyone else doing?
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm sad today. Those of you who have been around for a while know my favourite photo to use when I really need to nag people for weigh-ins. The first time my daughter saw that photo, she said it was me, and that I really needed to get that tattoo. But Gert Boyle, CEO of Columbia Sports, was one kick *kitten* woman who proudly nagged, got that company back on its feet with no more experience than raising a few kids and figuring it out as she went along. She just died, and I'll miss her as a terrific example of what women can do. I first wrote "what women can do in big business". But that isn't right. Gert was a great example of what women can do in small business, in politics, in arts, in life, in a family. You could have many worse examples than her.

I'll continue to use her photo when nagging.

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

So, your weigh-ins are due:
    @kx7003
    @tdrjustus3
    @Loopyluc

Let's go, people!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

@jugar and the rest of the team - it’s so great being a part of a team where people are all working hard and have similiar goals!

It’s so refreshing see the team chug along determined. Yay!

My contribution today - I have a 45 min SoulCycle with weights on the menu.

Onward! 😉

SoulCycle sounds really amazing. Wish we had them here! And I'm really glad you're on board. We chug along indeed!
  • micki48
    Options
    Hey! Guess what? I did Pilates AND got to the gym. 😲 I did 33 minutes on the elliptical, about 15 minutes on weight machines, and 16 minutes of Pilates. That must be a record for me!😜 Next, I need to redo measurements. It’s been a while. I know there is a difference from a year ago because all my cool weather clothes are nice and loose. Yay! Yay! Yay!🎉💪🏼💥😎
  • micki48
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @micki48 Nov. 3rd Steps - 10,172

@reflectionofme Very nice weigh in!!

As for sleep I do pretty well. The one thing I do that I shouldn’t is read ebooks on a tablet in bed. I know that’s a no no.

Goals for today:
    Walk every hour
    Drink water!! 💦 (I do not drink near enough water)
    Plan meals
    No eating after 7:30 pm

@Connie7355 How did you do with your goals? It's so important to make them and share. It really helps. Hope your day was great!.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48 & @jugar You both had great workouts today!! Way to get after it!!
    @Safari_Gal_ how did your SoulCycle go? I have to admit I don’t know what that is. Have never heard of it but it sounds really cool!!

My day went pretty well. I’m getting a lot more steps in than I usually do. I’m really happy I’m doing the step challenge!

Goals for today:
    Walk every hour ✅
    Drink water!! 💦 (I do not drink near enough water) Better than usual but still need to improve!
    Plan meals ✅
    No eating after 7:30 pm✅
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Evening team!
    Pretty good day today! Ate within calories, workout was killer, bought some groceries to stay on target this week. The crockpot is in full effect this week! ☺️

@jugar - team dedication for the win!

@Connie7355 - I’m pretty obsessed with SoulCycle lol - it’s spinning with hand weights, choreography and music. Think spin class on steroids and a bit dancy. It’s one of the few workouts I have been able to stick with over the years. I guess the music and fast pace makes it go by quickly and I find the team there to be really motivational and positive. I never thought I’d be into spinning — but I like that Soul included hand weights... I got a ton of reps in tonight and all my muscles are spent. I think I may need a rest day tomorrow! This particular instructor tonight was like a drill sargeant!

Glad all is well with the step challenge! I’ve been drinking a lot more water. I’ve been keeping a bottle by the bed and first thing in am I chug a bit.

Hope you are all having a great night!!

This week - keeping it positive! 🌞
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for 11/4 : 9,696
    Struggling with not munching on leftover candy.. hoping tomorrow is better.. aiming for no food after 8 tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.