Naughty November: Weigh in and accountability thread

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    33, 5' 4"

Doesn't mean I can't have it - but I'm gonna log it to remind myself it counts. The early dark evenings make me want to hang out in the house & bake.... I LOVE to bake - and none of it's healthy, but it's so yummy!

Totally get it! I'm all for comfort food when it gets cold and dark early. We're seeing snow marks starting tomorrow here in NE OH. urgh.
    I was googling stews and slow cooking ideas just now! I saw Beef Cheeks cooked in crockpot with red wine... Beef Tongue (!) in crockpot for tacos- Going to see if my local butcher has these!!

I've been making stews lately... They're higher carb than what I like but it's so nice to come into a warm hearty bowl and my boyfriend loves them. So far - Green Chile Stew - Green Chile Corn Chowder (my fav) - Tried this one the other day, it's pretty good - https://www.plainchicken.com/2019/10/the-ultimate-crack-chicken-chili.html

• YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    33, 5' 4"

Doesn't mean I can't have it - but I'm gonna log it to remind myself it counts. The early dark evenings make me want to hang out in the house & bake.... I LOVE to bake - and none of it's healthy, but it's so yummy!

Totally get it! I'm all for comfort food when it gets cold and dark early. We're seeing snow marks starting tomorrow here in NE OH. urgh.
    I was googling stews and slow cooking ideas just now! I saw Beef Cheeks cooked in crockpot with red wine... Beef Tongue (!) in crockpot for tacos- Going to see if my local butcher has these!!

I've been making stews lately... They're higher carb than what I like but it's so nice to come into a warm hearty bowl and my boyfriend loves them. So far - Green Chile Stew - Green Chile Corn Chowder (my fav) - Tried this one the other day, it's pretty good - https://www.plainchicken.com/2019/10/the-ultimate-crack-chicken-chili.html

Are you new mexican? I love green chile (went to school in NM) and hubs is from there so we exploit every opportunity to get our green chile fix.
  • Someonerandom1
    Someonerandom1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2019
    28yrs. 5’6”

April 2019 SW: 165
    CW: 142.8
    Nov GW: 140
    GW: 130

Goal #1: Get back to tracking my food. I took a 2 month break from it and only lost 2lbs.
    Goal #2: Get my workouts done.
    Goal #3: Head into the holidays feeling confident and in control of my eating.

ETA: age and height
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Sorry, I don't have a scale at home so I had to weigh at work a day early to participate.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    46, 5'2"
    SW: 108.2
    Nov GW: 107, BF: 19%
    GW: 105 BF: 19%

Goal #1: Keep up with 4X a week of OTF
    Goal #2: Meal prep more. Utilize Crockpot! Soup season!!
    Goal #3: Keep photo records of self...
    Goal #4: Simplify life. Not stress over things out of my control😉

10/1 / 109 lbs, 21.4%, measurements 33.5-27.5-33.5
    10/30 108.2, 19.1%, measurements 33.5-27-33.5
    11/4 109.8, 19.8%!!!! 33-27-33.5😲😲😲
    11/7 108.4, 19.2%, 33-27-33.5

I feel back to where I started. I guess I feel OK. Even adjusted my macros and upped my Carb to 50%!? It's now Carb 50%, Protein 30% and Fat 20% now that my BMI is in the 19% range, I figured I can change it up to see if it makes any difference. (I've been eating more Carbs lately and I feel stronger at the gym. I have more to give: so the change)
    And I also watched the GAME CHANGER on netflix last night. Not that I ate ton of meat to start with, I feel like I can eat even less now. So even though I left the house with Pork loin in the crockpot this morning, I will stick to roasted veggies with a tiny bit of the pork tonight.
  • cayenne_007
    33, 5' 4"

Are you new mexican? I love green chile (went to school in NM) and hubs is from there so we exploit every opportunity to get our green chile fix.

I grew up in NM - lived in TX for 20 years & back to NM about a year and a half ago. I used to go crazy on mexican food every time I came home to visit & my Mom always brought me frozen green chile. I love the stuff & put it on everything. We're about an hour south of Albuqerque, it's been an interesting cultural adjustment after loving life as a Texan. LOL! Where did you go to school?
  • cayenne_007
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 142.6
    Nov GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

No change in measurements in Sept - At least I was consistent with weight/measurements! LOL!

Goal #1: Workout 5 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk - stay consistent with Push Up Challenge
    Goal #2: Build Upper Body Strength - 90 Second Planks - Forearm & Extended Do 25 real push ups in a rep
    Goal #3: Drop .5" off waist
    Goal #4: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #5: Do some decent crockpot meals

10/31 - 142.6 - IF, bit over on calories...insanely busy day - no workout but decent amount of walking
    11/1 - 143.8 - LOL - I'm still ok with this. The 142 was a new low for me so hopefully it's a good start to the month. IF - I did put together a chicken/chili crockpot dish this morning - we'll see how it goes
    11/4 - 146.8 - bit surprised at this. I worked outdoors all day Sat and busted my butt... One of those days you just fall into bed exhausted. Sunday I did take it a bit easier. Back to logging everything today. Got in a good walk at lunch - my should is still not 100%... trying to do decent on food and just maintain. Went over about 300 cals today - when your 96 yo Gram wants you to take her to dinner, you take her to dinner and have nachos & irish beer with her.
    11/5 - 146.2 - Snuck in a great walk at lunch today and managed not to go over too badly. Kid's basketball game right after work made much more impossible. Still stuck to IF.
    11/6 - 145.8 - rainy day made my lunch walk impossible....but insanely busy evening doctoring a colt & all the horse stuff alone so 2 hours of just stuff outdoors. IF - and stayed under on cals, but terrible nutritionally. Nachos & beer for dinner.
    11/7 - 144.4
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    33, 5' 4"

I grew up in NM - lived in TX for 20 years & back to NM about a year and a half ago. I used to go crazy on mexican food every time I came home to visit & my Mom always brought me frozen green chile. I love the stuff & put it on everything. We're about an hour south of Albuqerque, it's been an interesting cultural adjustment after loving life as a Texan. LOL! Where did you go to school?

I went to school at NMSU in Las Cruces and my husband is from ABQ and went to school at NMT in Socorro. I typically get to go back once a year for either the balloon fiesta or college recruiting and just fill my backpack up with green chiles and take it on the plane with me. We miss the land of enchantment!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    41, 5'7"
    GW: 128-132
    HW: 163
    CW: 143ish
    Goal #1 - Steady loss, averaging 1/2 lb/week
    Goal #2 - Daily workout routine min 4x/week
    Goal #3 - Track my food min 6/days/week.

Nov 1: 143.6
    Nov 2: 144.2
    Nov 3: 143.2
    Nov 4: 142.2
    Nov 5: 142.4
    Nov 6: 142.4
    Nov 7: 141.6
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,967 Member
    41, 5'7"
    GW: 128-132
    HW: 163
    CW: 143ish
    Goal #1 - Steady loss, averaging 1/2 lb/week
    Goal #2 - Daily workout routine min 4x/week
    Goal #3 - Track my food min 6/days/week.

Nov 1: 143.6
    Nov 2: 144.2
    Nov 3: 143.2
    Nov 4: 142.2
    Nov 5: 142.4
    Nov 6: 142.4
    Nov 7: 141.6
    Nov 8: 142.6 - ended up grabbing KFC for dinner last night (*cringe*) so it ended up being more of a "maintenance" calories day than a deficit.