5. 10329
    6. 5797
    7. 3857
    8. 4301
    9. 5749
    10. 3858
    11. 6136
    12. 7877

@jugar I can just imagine you sliding down that hill and yelling your head off!!! So. Much. Fun!!! You really need to take a video while you are going down!! What awesome exercise you get walking back up the hill!!!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps update
    11/12: 10,742
    11/13: 9,132
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    11/13 : 10879
  • Shexio
    Options
    @jugar I will.... Its interesting because @Safari_Gal_ mentions her 5+ veggies. THAT is how I initially lost weight. I told myself "I have to have my 5 servings of fruits/veggies BEFORE I can have my allotted ONE treat for the day. So, I would go through my day....marking off...1, 2, 3.... 4.... and eventually the 5th one. THEN, as my *reward* I had my treat (which happened to be a 100 calorie granola bar).

With my scheduled weigh in for Friday....I'm not excited. It makes me want to severely restrict calories today and eat lemons so that the number is less tomorrow. Yesterday my head was JUST not Screwed on right. I'm so disappointed in my discipline over food the past few months.

• Shexio
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Shexio wrote: »
    11/12: 11,503 steps.

Today I feel like chocolate and donuts. I've messed up my meal plan. Sorta having a F*&^-It moment. Getting back on track within the half hour. I promise.

You got this. A messed up plan is no big deal, no plan survives its first encounter with conflict. Roll with the punches and adapt. :)

Thanks friend. Today will be 100%. One day at a time. I just have to get today right. Just for today, 100%

• CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    CharlesScott78
    Thursday
    SW: 399.2
    PW: 402.6
    CW: 386.4

I was retaining a lot of water weight. Glad that cleared up. The steroid shot in my knee has really helped. I can actually get around.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    CharlesScott78
    Thursday
    SW: 399.2
    PW: 402.6
    CW: 386.4

I was retaining a lot of water weight. Glad that cleared up. The steroid shot in my knee has really helped. I can actually get around.

I think you felt so amazing you walked right past your team thread and ended up here! We love the guest appearance, and wish we could include your fabulous loss in our stats for this week :wink: But, alas, I posted your message on the Shrinking Assets chat and wish you all the best - great job!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Would love to join the step challenge even though coming in 1/2 in the month.
    11/13 Steps 10,096
    Hit water goal and step goal but way over calories yesterday. New day today.
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    @jugar I will.... Its interesting because @Safari_Gal_ mentions her 5+ veggies. THAT is how I initially lost weight. I told myself "I have to have my 5 servings of fruits/veggies BEFORE I can have my allotted ONE treat for the day. So, I would go through my day....marking off...1, 2, 3.... 4.... and eventually the 5th one. THEN, as my *reward* I had my treat (which happened to be a 100 calorie granola bar).

With my scheduled weigh in for Friday....I'm not excited. It makes me want to severely restrict calories today and eat lemons so that the number is less tomorrow. Yesterday my head was JUST not Screwed on right. I'm so disappointed in my discipline over food the past few months.

I know you're feeling bummed and trying really hard not to eat today (be careful! you'll just eat more after your weigh in!), BUT, you and @Safari_Gal_ have highlighted a really important point.

We love to eat, but have to be careful about those trigger "OMG I can't stop" foods. We love to eat. One of the greatest things about vegetables is the huge plates full of food you can eat. I am only able to maintain my weight by eating lots and lots of high-volume foods that don't add up to too many calories. I love to eat. I fill up on big skillets of all kinds of vegetables (I like all my food mixed together!), sautéed in a little bit of oil, then just enough protein added, and sauce of the day. The sauce might be grated fresh ginger with soy sauce and mirin and maybe a bit of hot sauce, or green curry with a bit of coconut milk (not too much!), or pesto, or fresh herbs with just salt and pepper, or a light tomato sauce, whatever I feel like that day. I don't eat much grain, but prefer to get all kinds of good carbs and fibre from sweet potato or parsnips (sliced and browned first in the skillet before adding the other stuff), beans (green or legumes or both), then pile on the sweet peppers, broccoli, kale, spinach, carrots, eggplant (also sliced and browned) - whatever I have on hand. Easiest protein is shrimp or fish, but any will do.

After eating a big (really big) plate of that stuff, you don't feel so much like piling on desserts or treats. Leftovers make great lunch, or I just do a big (really big) salad with some protein, herbs, and bit of oil and vinegar. Or for winter, soup.

So you don't even need to count veggies and fruits - pile them on and cover most of your plate with them. And if you still need that 100 calorie granola bar, go for it! Give the high bulk, low density foods a big place and see how it goes for a couple of weeks.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    @jugar post the breathing exercises for sure. I doubt I'm the only one having trouble sleeping.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I received a loving inspiration text from my auntie @micki48. I need to take the advice to my youngest about doing things and FOCUS. That will be my goal for the next week. Focus on what I eat, what I do and how I feel! I am making bread today, I give it away. I just like to bake! I made some eggnog bread (I had to try a bit because I never made it before), banana bread and cranberry orange bread. After making it all I have no desire to eat it so that’s a plus! Now back to baking. Then a nice healthy lunch!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar post the breathing exercises for sure. I doubt I'm the only one having trouble sleeping.

OK! There are several ways to do this, but here is the basic pattern:
    4-5-6-4
    Set up a steady count (approximately seconds, but a bit faster is ok too - just not fast!)

Breathe IN for 4
    HOLD for 5 (or more)
    Breathe OUT for 6 (or more)
    HOLD for 4

I usually do 4-6-8-4. I have seen 4-7-8 (with no hold at the end). The most important is the hold when full and a complete and full body exhale.

Do this for about 2 minutes. If you find the holds too long, or the out breath too short - cut a count or add a count where needed, rather than speeding up the whole thing. The out breath should be really, really complete. Let your whole body sink and close in. The in breath does not have to be super full to cracking, but good and full. If it makes you yawn, add a count, or breathe in just a little bit less full.

After the 2 minutes (or so), just lie there and usually you will fall asleep fairly quickly. I can never believe it is going to work while I'm doing it. You're kind of busy, and it feels quite active. But it really helps. Of course, make sure your room is as dark as you can make it, and that you are lying comfortably in the position you like to sleep. I'm usually on my side, which is actually easier for breathing than on your back. But whatever works for you is good.

Give it a try and let me know if it helps! It probably does not work for everyone, but I know a lot of people find it helps. There is a good article on the 4-7-8 version at
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/04/this-breathing-technique-will-get-you-to-sleep-in-just-one-minute-7911925/
  • Shexio
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    @Micki48 Would love to join the step challenge even though coming in 1/2 in the month.
    11/13 Steps 10,096

You've got this! New day, great attitude :)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    11/13 Steps 10,096

@offitgoes Great to have you on board. I have added you to our team and added your steps. 💪🏼🤗👣🚶🏽‍♀️
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    11/7 - 11206
    11/8 - 14003
    11/7 - 10892
    11/8 - 15276
    11/9 - 14511
    11/10 - 11661
    11/11 - 13720
    11/12 - 10944

@fourathomej I have updated all your numbers. Thanks!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    CW: 215.4
    @jugar you are absolutely right about the eating in bulk and vegetables.
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Had some health things going on and just forgot to log on here.. worst part was I forgot how good it feels to be here. Today was the perfect example. @micki48 sent me message checking up on me and it really made my day to feel a part of this 😁
    Anyways, I was behind on listing my steps so here they are
    11/10: 12,456
    11/11: 6,785
    11/12: 7,188
    11/13: 6,232
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My boss just got all excited, ran off and unlocked a hidden room with a secret key and pulled out like 15 bottles of alcohol. Big ones, 40s of rum and vodka and whiskey.

She's the booze fairy.

We're raffling them off for charity. :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    My boss just got all excited, ran off and unlocked a hidden room with a secret key and pulled out like 15 bottles of alcohol. Big ones, 40s of rum and vodka and whiskey.

She's the booze fairy.

We're raffling them off for charity. :smiley:

The mental image of your excited boss running around to a hidden room with secret key is too hilarious. Then add the notion of "booze fairy" and things get really weird in my head. Having a good chuckle!
This discussion has been closed.