WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Week 3 Weigh-In: 210.6
    It's the final countdown~

Congratulations to all for the last week, you're doing great!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @jugar Thanks for not giving up on me. :smile:

I will NEVER give up on you. You are such a shining light, even when you're struggling through - you work hard, write like a goddess, and keep your positive presence through it all. :heart:
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS .. AND WELCOME TO WEEK 3
    TEAM TALLIES ARE IN FOR WEEK 2
    AND HERE IS HOW STACKED UP

GOOD MORNING2tbac3itj4eu.pngTEAMS
    WEEK 2 TALLIES ARE IN AND HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

jxj73xy2p77a.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.52%
    INDIVIDUAL % CharlesScott78 4.02%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 23.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 16.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 43.7 POUNDS OR 0.18% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.52%
    2nd WaistAways 0.33%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.28%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Shrinking Assets 23.3
    2nd Workout Warriors 13.2
    3rd WaistAways 12.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @CharlesScott78 4.02%
    2nd @SLIMN2016 2.42%
    3rd @kirsten11872 2.41%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST

1st @CharlesScott78 16.2
    2nd @kirsten11872 4.2
    3rd @SLIMN2016 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@reflectionofme
    @Luciicul
    @matthewsfive
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @kmargut
    @eyezbydiana
    @walkerjulian78
    @Krystalkayefisher

@jugar Shouldn’t @matthewsfive be tied for 3rd place overall with a 4 pound loss?

Yes for pounds, but SLIMN2016 edged her out in percentage. Whenever there is a tie by pounds or percentage, it is the one who had the higher in the other that wins. For example, 4 pounds lost, but 2.42% vs 2.09%. Or if the percentage was tied, whichever was more in pounds wins.

We always place first by % of body weight lost, which makes the playing field a bit more equal for those nearing goal who are losing less weight but a higher % of their total body weight. Does that make sense.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT! @matthewsfive had a fantastic loss this week! In fact she is NUMBER 1 in our team!
    Our top 3:
    @matthewsfive
    @eyezbydiana
    @reflectionofme

Well done! And we came in second over all, and beat out those dratted Workout Warriors on % lost. Go go go! They have more team members than we do, so it is a terrific accomplishment :smile:
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    I was just filling in my steps on the spreadsheet - and I have to say yesterday was the best day I ever counted steps. 17,964. I surprised myself! But part of it was because I was out of it and being stupid.

I had to get up at 3:00 am yesterday to pick up a friend to bring her to the Montreal airport. When I left home at 3:15 the almost full moon was shining away, lighting my walk down to my car (a good half mile), so it is true I got a serious head start on the usual step counting. It was -18 C (just under 0 F). But beautiful :smiley: We did indeed make it to the airport by 6:30, so all was well. I dropped her off, and headed downtown to ditch my car in an underground lot where it could thaw all day. The lot wasn't open yet, so I parked on the street, and walked around to find a good breakfast. Walked back, and parked in the garage. Then began a long day of waiting around - my next thing was not until 6:30 pm :/ I read in the library, did a bit of writing, read some more. Then I decided to go to the bookstore to do some Christmas shopping. That was a good 10 city blocks each way. Of course I needed a coffee and a snack in there somewhere. Then I sat around a bit more, and decided to go to a movie. First I put the heavy books in my car, and started getting worried I would not be able to leave my car overnight and exit the next day. It seemed the garage was closed on Sundays. I walked 7 blocks to the cinema and found out the film I wanted to see didn't end until 6 pm, and I thought that would be too late if I was going to have to move my car. So I walked back again. I asked and found out I could leave the car and exit just fine no problem. Why didn't I do that before? Brain not functioning too well by this time after being up since 3...

So I had a nice lunch. If you can't sleep, eat - right?? It was still early enough, so I walked back to the cinema again and saw the movie. It was fantastic - Motherless Brooklyn. I didn't even fall asleep! Walked back to the university, met up with the people I was going to be with for the evening event, and was out until after midnight having a great time. Yes there was more eating - but some more walking happened too. So it was a super steppy day.

Needless to say, I'm a bit tired today - I am sure my numbers will be pretty feeble!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @micki48
    11/16 Steps 8493

@evangsimmons170 Happy Birthday!!

We had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my husbands family yesterday. I did pretty well on not over doing it. This was the first of 3 Thanksgiving dinners we are having. YIKES!! Hope you all are having a great Sunday!!
  • jugar
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @micki48
    11/16 Steps 8493

We had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my husbands family yesterday. I did pretty well on not over doing it. This was the first of 3 Thanksgiving dinners we are having. YIKES!! Hope you all are having a great Sunday!!

Be sure to go read the ideas on the Week 2 Challenge we put up last week - full of good strategies for getting through parties, dinners, etc.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 196.2
    CW 194.8

Steps 11/15 8,942

Awesome loss, way to go
  • Connie7355
    jugar wrote: »
    @micki48
    11/16 Steps 8493

Be sure to go read the ideas on the Week 2 Challenge we put up last week - full of good strategies for getting through parties, dinners, etc.

Thanks @jugar!! I’ll do that. I can use all the help I can get!! We are going to Texas for 5 days over Thanksgiving to see my step son and his family.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    We always place first by % of body weight lost, which makes the playing field a bit more equal for those nearing goal who are losing less weight but a higher % of their total body weight. Does that make sense.

@jugar Yup. That’s makes sense. Well, Yay to @matthewsfive anyway and all our big winners.

If that other team didn’t have one person who lost 16 pounds, we would have been #1 with all our great losses. Keep up the great work team and keep your eyes on the prize. 💜😘💪🏼
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @micki48
    11/16 Steps 8493

Thanks @Connie7355. What part of Texas will you be in? I'm about an hour from Austin. It would be so cool if we could meet up for a quick coffee or just to say hey.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @evangsimmons170

11/17/19 steps = 12,719
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sorry I was away yesterday and could not weigh in. Sorry for not alerting in advance.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW 154.7
    CW: 155.5
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Steps:
    Fri: 12138
    Sat: 10549
    Sun: 11919

Workout today was legs and abs. Hoping I don't feel my stomache in pain for 3 days like I did last week. Man, I did feel the abs working today though. This routine has rollouts combined with deadlifts. Then the roman chair for a weighted crunch and a weighted back extension. Its brutal. The roman chair kinda allows you to go further past parellel for the crunch and i guess its that extra extension that kills ya.

Okay, back to work right now.
    I did sneak in a weight this morning and im down 1#. I'm gonna keep sticking to my food plan. Been eating Veggies like @jugar told me and for whatever reason, I have a combo of foods that I have on repeat right now and they are working for me mentally and physically.
    and I feel amazeballs.

seriousy I have to work now. maybe i can catch up wth y'all later today. not sure.
    I have a foot appointent to check on my bunions. eeeeekkkk.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48
    Steps Sat 11/16 11,345
    Sun 11/17 3,648
  • jugar
    Happy Monday!
    Hi Team!

Been a long week over here! Had a family wedding.. recuperating.

Weigh in-
    PW - 144.4
    CW- 143.0
    -- 1.4lbs

Setting my intention for the week ahead!
    -more gym time
    -keep up the veggies & green juice in the morning.
    It’s been giving me some pep in my step.
    ~water 💦

Trying to simmer down on my coffee intake.. I drink ALOT of cafè!

Have a great week! 💫 Here’s to a lot of great energy for all of us! ⚡️

This is great - a loss in spite of a wedding, some excellent intentions (except maybe the coffee part...) and full energy! Thanks - I know it helps everyone to up their own energy when it might be flagging a bit. Keep on sharing!
  • jugar
    Shexio wrote: »
    Steps:
    Fri: 12138
    Sat: 10549
    Sun: 11919

Workout today was legs and abs. Hoping I don't feel my stomache in pain for 3 days like I did last week. Man, I did feel the abs working today though. This routine has rollouts combined with deadlifts. Then the roman chair for a weighted crunch and a weighted back extension. Its brutal. The roman chair kinda allows you to go further past parellel for the crunch and i guess its that extra extension that kills ya.

Okay, back to work right now.
    I did sneak in a weight this morning and im down 1#. I'm gonna keep sticking to my food plan. Been eating Veggies like @jugar told me and for whatever reason, I have a combo of foods that I have on repeat right now and they are working for me mentally and physically.
    and I feel amazeballs.

seriousy I have to work now. maybe i can catch up wth y'all later today. not sure.
    I have a foot appointent to check on my bunions. eeeeekkkk.

This too! I am hitting the mat with more gusto after reading this. Glad the veggies are helping and you are so full of vim and vigour. Good luck with the bunion thing - don't rush into surgery if they suggest that. I have some great orthotics and I have been using "correct toes" as well. I'm not yet able to wear those as much as I would like (issues with my little toes...) but I'll keep adjusting them and see how it goes. I really, really don't want surgery on either my bunion or neuromas. Fingers (and toes?) crossed!
  • jugar
    Sorry I was away yesterday and could not weigh in. Sorry for not alerting in advance.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW 154.7
    CW: 155.5

No sorries needed - the early week weigh-ins get way more generous time allowances than the Friday and Saturday people! Hope you're feeling better :heart:
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Today was a good day. I was right at my calories. I didn’t exercise but I sure did do a lot of walking around the house getting things done. Now to do the same tomorrow!!
  • Connie7355
    @micki48
    11/16 Steps 8493

Thanks @Connie7355. What part of Texas will you be in? I'm about an hour from Austin. It would be so cool if we could meet up for a quick coffee or just to say hey.

That would be so cool but we will be north of Dallas close to Royse City. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
This discussion has been closed.