Replies

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.3
    CW: 123.1 Friday's weight if you want

I weighed myself friday morning before surgery.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options

Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.3
    CW: 123.1 Friday's weight if you want

I weighed myself friday morning before surgery.

@reflectionofme How are you feeling? Hoping everything went well and you are feeling great real soon.
  • micki48
    Options
    Week 3 Weigh-In: 210.6
    It's the final countdown~

Congratulations to all for the last week, you're doing great!
    @Terytha Wonderful loss!!! You are amazing ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Hi Team!

Been a long week over here! Had a family wedding.. recuperating.

Weigh in-
    PW - 144.4
    CW- 143.0
    -- 1.4lbs

Setting my intention for the week ahead!
    -more gym time
    -keep up the veggies & green juice in the morning.
    Itโ€™s been giving me some pep in my step.
    ~water ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Trying to simmer down on my coffee intake.. I drink ALOT of cafรจ!

Have a great week! ๐Ÿ’ซ Hereโ€™s to a lot of great energy for all of us! โšก๏ธ

@Safari_Gal_ Great loss!! Way to go. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’œ

@AmyRobF Glad you had a good day. Happy to see you check in. Crush your goals this week. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the uplifting words @micki48 ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • micki48
    Options
    lpucr97m6i8w.jpeg
    And the step champions are:

1st - @Shexio 81,791 or 42 miles
    2nd - @jugar 75,495 or 38 miles
    3rd - @Steph1498 71,138 or 36 miles

Overall, our step team reported walking 519,615!!!! We walked from NYC to Washington DC and kept walking another 61 miles. Too late for me to figure out where we ended up. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But we were sure ready for some tall glasses of water ๐Ÿ’ฆ when we got there.

Great walking! Keep it up!!!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

Steps for 11/18/19.....8,558
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    oh god, yesterday I didn't do good in steps.....
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Tuesday already!

I have to get off my chairs more today... I have not been doing my workouts for the past few days and now I really feel it. It doesn't matter how many steps happen, if I don't do some real "work" in my workout, it doesn't work for me :smirk: I have also been really loose with food and logging. Time to get back on track quick! My weight this morning was not going in a good direction...

Let's go! I hear that @Gidgitgoescrazy is also struggling with motivation this week. Anyone else? It is week 3 - usually the low point of each of our months. So let's commit to ONE thing for today - or more if you want!

For me, it is WATER and my workout - minimum 45 minutes, and with sweat enough to earn that shower I need.

You? What is your top thing today to keep on track? Or to get at least partially back onto the danged thing?

And BRAVO to @AmyRobF and @evangsimmons170 for getting onto that turn-it-around energy. Go go go!

Hugs to @reflectionofme - hope you're doing well and recovering quickly :heart:
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps for 11/18 13,889
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I struggle so hard with drinking enough water. Today I had an idea.

I brought one of my glass straws to work.

It fits in a small bottle perfectly. Now I don't have to stop working to specially drink, I can sip through the day. :)

I hope this works.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I am struggling, I am just feeling Blah... I think it is also close to that time of the month...sooo theres that...

Anyway, I made a plan... I am skipping thanksgiving, hubby and I are going for a hike in a new place instead... We were supposed to go to my brothers house, but if I'm honest with myself I don't want to... I don't hear from any of them on a regular basis,( only when they need my husband to do work for them) and they have not come to my house for Christmas for the past 2 years, with not so much as a sorry we can't make it. I think it has to do with a tiff I had with my sister, but ya know if that's how they want play, I don't want to suddenly be a part of this farce.. I've never been one for Thanksgiving anyway, it's the holiday where all my kids go to their fathers house, it's been this way since we split 15 years ago.. so it's not like it was ever a big holiday for me anyway, mine is and will always be Christmas... We could go to my bil & sil's house, but again, I just don't want to... Simply because she tried to make me feel guilty for saying I would go to my brothers.. I am not in the mood to play any of these games with any of these people this year, nor to put myself in a situation where I will feel anxiety or anything other than peace, especially quitting smoking so recently. So we shall go hiking just the hubby and me, and the 2 doggos, this decision has already lowered my anxiety greatly, so I'm thinking it's for the best... Did I mention I don't even like Thanksgiving food...

Today my plan is to not eat any snacks, to eat simply what I have planned, and do an hour of yoga this evening when I get home, since I didn't do it this morning...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy That sounds like a perfect plan for a relaxing weekend. "But faaaaamily" is not a good reason to make yourself miserable or stressed.

In fact, I'm doing that for Christmas this year. We are seeing absolutely nobody and going nowhere this year. I'm not driving on scary winter roads, or cooking for anyone but me, or even getting out of my Christmas themed pajamas.

I'm already looking forward to it more than I have in like 8 years.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    @gidgetgoescrazy
    @Terytha

Let me join you in the making holiday plans for us theme! I totally hear ya! Iโ€™m not looking forward to Thanksgiving. Itโ€™s supposed to be about family and gratitude. I feel like itโ€™s become a day of gluttony. Going to in laws and all I keep getting are pictures of pie. So that will be fun for me. Lol. Grateful for all the bounty- I just wont be partaking in most of it.

My husband and I have decided to go away from Christmas- we are going to the Swiss Alps... literally just surrounded by nature. Canโ€™t wait!

So/ you arenโ€™t alone in wanting to change it up this year! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Weigh-In: 210.6
    It's the final countdown~

Congratulations to all for the last week, you're doing great!
    @Terytha Wonderful loss!!! You are amazing ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Hi Team!

Been a long week over here! Had a family wedding.. recuperating.

Weigh in-
    PW - 144.4
    CW- 143.0
    -- 1.4lbs

Setting my intention for the week ahead!
    -more gym time
    -keep up the veggies & green juice in the morning.
    Itโ€™s been giving me some pep in my step.
    ~water ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Trying to simmer down on my coffee intake.. I drink ALOT of cafรจ!

Have a great week! ๐Ÿ’ซ Hereโ€™s to a lot of great energy for all of us! โšก๏ธ

@Safari_Gal_ Great loss!! Way to go. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’œ

@AmyRobF Glad you had a good day. Happy to see you check in. Crush your goals this week. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

Just saying _ Congrats to you all for the loss!!!! @Safari_Gal @AmyRobF and Micki
  • micki48
    Options
    I struggle so hard with drinking enough water. Today I had an idea.

I brought one of my glass straws to work.

It fits in a small bottle perfectly. Now I don't have to stop working to specially drink, I can sip through the day. :)

I hope this works.

I have been using a straw too and find myself drinking more, more easily. Great trick!

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey team
    I'm sorry I've been MIA for awhile but I have been lurking and enjoying your posts.
    I took a break from logging as it was getting a bit stressful and I was hoping to take a break and maintain for awhile as I was going through some personal stuff and didn't have the headspace to log/be mindful.
    It worked for a while and I was glad I learnt a little bit about maintenance.
    But now my poor eating habits from before have resurfaced with a vengeance and I'm finding myself binging on junk almost daily. And not surprisingly, the weight is creeping back up.
    The thought of regaining the 40 lbs I've worked so hard on losing, is absolutely terrifying to me. But the dread does not seem to be enough to get me back in the game.
    Life is going to be stressful for awhile so I can no longer use the 'when this passes' excuse. I have to somehow learn to eat well even when under stress.
    So to make a long story short, I'm REALLY REALLY struggling.
    Sorry for ranting, thanks for listening.
  • jugar
    Options
    @gidgetgoescrazy
    @Terytha

Let me join you in the making holiday plans for us theme! I totally hear ya! Iโ€™m not looking forward to Thanksgiving. Itโ€™s supposed to be about family and gratitude. I feel like itโ€™s become a day of gluttony. Going to in laws and all I keep getting are pictures of pie. So that will be fun for me. Lol. Grateful for all the bounty- I just wont be partaking in most of it.

My husband and I have decided to go away from Christmas- we are going to the Swiss Alps... literally just surrounded by nature. Canโ€™t wait!

So/ you arenโ€™t alone in wanting to change it up this year! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

We should start a running away from (for?) the Holidays club! At Christmas, I'm going down to see my mother, leaving behind my husband and son. My daughter isn't coming home for Christmas for the first time, so I'll take pity on my mom who lives far away and usually has no family with her. She's almost 90 and shouldn't have to be alone! We'll do something very simple. And I haven't done Thanksgiving dinner for many, many years - up here in Canada it was back in October, but a lot of my family are in the US. I always had to work on American Thanksgiving, so had a great excuse not to have to go. Now that I'm retired, I just continue to ignore it! A hike sounds like a great idea. It is good to get up the strength to just say no to stressful holiday overeating and negative family issues. Good for you @Gidgitgoescrazy , @Terytha , and @Safari_Gal_ !
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for my son coming home for Christmas I wouldn't be doing that either... But he called me in Sept and said Please don't go away for Christmas, I will be home... Ya see he joined the Air Force in June, 4 days after he graduated high school he left, and he has never been away for that long ever, and then to have to live the dorm lifestyle and never have family or privacy around, I couldn't deny the kid... But luckily we do Christmas at my house, and I do it the way I want to do it, and could give 2 cents if anyone doesn't like it, it's for me and my kids, so we do as we choose, last year we did a taco bar, and had margaritas.. lol Both my parents, and my husbands parents have passed, so I don't feel the need to make anything traditional anymore... but apparently that's the best part, because the kids all have friends who have become regulars on Christmas day... This Christmas we are doing appetizers/ finger foods, that way I can a few early afternoon, and then throw a few more out, as people come and go...
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow - @Gidgitgoescrazy I want to come to your place for Christmas! I was just coming online to thank you for expressing your lack of motivation this morning. I was also slipping into the world of "meh" and because I read that, and felt your determination, I made sure today was better. I got in a good workout, and right now I am all sweaty from the exercise bike during an episode of something really silly. I got more water down the hatch today, and I thank you. You wrote that you were "on a hunt" for that lost motivation, and you helped me find mine for today. How did you do today?

That's what this team is about. And I feel you about your son - this is my daughter's first Christmas away. She's in the Canadian Army and is in Alberta since March. She decided to stay out there for this first Christmas, but if she were coming home, we'd be having a wild and crazy holiday too! I'm glad you can do it just the way you like. WTG.

So @Pearl4686 - you are doing the right thing too. Maintaining feels an awful lot like losing - you need to be just as vigilant, drat it all! I don't know how many times I learned that lesson, but as you say, the thought of putting those 40 pounds back on is just awful. Never be sorry for ranting! It is the first step to fixing the problem. Identify it, rant about it, fix it. You don't need to stay stuck there. As much as it is really annoying to log and track, it is the best tool to keeping things going in a good direction. Aim for one good day, and go from there. Hugs flying your way!
This discussion has been closed.