1202122232426»

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 209
    CW 209

I’m not surprised there was no loss but I am ok with it because of all the food I have eaten. We had our Thanksgiving meal at church which was fried fish, French fries, hush puppies, fried okra and everyone brought a side dish. There was also two tables of desserts! Of course yesterday we had Thanksgiving at my moms! I want to be a loser all of December. 😁

@AmyRobF sounds like you had a Texas Thanksgiving dinner indeed! 😄 Is that where you were or some other southern state?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 180.6
    CW: 178.3
    I think I'm back!

Go @Pearl4686 !!!!!!!! 😄
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    @Terytha you look SO beautiful!!! That smile does it every time :heart: and the fabric of your tunic - I want some. I love black with jewel-like colours. Everyone will be dancing just to share the dance floor with you!
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Steps @micki48
    11/23: 7,125
    11/24: 7,767
    11/25: 10,469
    11/26: 11,856
    11/27: 8,260
    11/28: 10,029
    Sorry for the delay
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    As promised, terrible selfie of me prettied up for a party.
    sohqe6b5omyc.jpg

You look beautiful. How about an after party selfie 🍷🍷😉😝
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 195.6
    CW 196.9!!!!
    😭😭😭

I know I didn’t do all the right things, but I didn’t do all the wrong things either. Didn’t even have pie🥧 😩 AND it hasn’t even been three weeks and I have my period AGAIN!! Peri menopause sucks! No period for 6 months, then three times since October. ☹️

And today my son and his gf are coming up and we’re doing Thanksgiving all over again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 195.6
    CW 196.9!!!!
    😭😭😭

I know I didn’t do all the right things, but I didn’t do all the wrong things either. Didn’t even have pie🥧 😩 AND it hasn’t even been three weeks and I have my period AGAIN!! Peri menopause sucks! No period for 6 months, then three times since October. ☹️

And today my son and his gf are coming up and we’re doing Thanksgiving all over again. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Doesn't that make you crazy? But just think how great it is going to look in the first December weigh-in next Saturday if you start a bit higher :p I know that is a terrible consolation, but we take what we can get, eh? And it would have been worse if you had pie. Really. Good luck today!!!!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

PW 344
    CW 345.6

It's Thanksgiving week. I accept it. Moving on.....A positive note is that I did go to the gym 3x this week so far. I worked out on the elliptical machine each time and increased my time by a few minutes each time. I plan to go again some time today with the goal of working out through an entire episode (45 minutes) of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. :smiley:

This week's steps so far....I'll update with today's steps later this evening.

11/24 8,932
    11/25 8,475
    11/26 8,058
    11/27 7,586
    11/28 7,242
    11/29 3,765
  • jugar
    Options
    @evangsimmons170
    A positive note is that I did go to the gym 3x this week so far. I worked out on the elliptical machine each time and increased my time by a few minutes each time. I plan to go again some time today with the goal of working out through an entire episode (45 minutes) of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. :smiley:
    Good for you! 45 minutes on the elliptical is quite the workout :sweat_smile: But it is true, a good exciting episode of something makes the time go by. This is what I do on my exercise bike in the evenings sometimes. We don't have any cable or TV, but if it is within the week it is aired, I can watch an episode of the couple of shows I like for free. We have a really iffy internet connection here though, and sometimes my 45 minute episode takes almost an hour! The spinning circle of doom - but I try to pedal harder to encourage it to come back on quickly :tongue:
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, this was a really wild Saturday morning.

Today my son is moving down to my mother-in-law's former house (she passed away in June) about 5 miles from here. We got a lot of stuff moved yesterday, had a bit of an adventure driving up to the house in the snow that was falling last night, but he got another load moved this morning. But then he couldn't make it back up the hill (it's about a half mile), and he and my husband spent a few hours getting it unstuck and the road cleared somewhat. It snowed about 8 inches overnight, so I'm not sure what made my son think he could make it up in the first place, but he was determined! Well, he got the final load done and is now down there settling in. He has lived away from home before while studying, but only in a single room with shared kitchen and bathroom. This is the first time he'll have a place to himself, and he is really excited. And wants NO HELP FROM MOM. :wink: Needless to say, I just bade a big batch of cookies and will bring them by later. :tongue:

Of course, making cookies is never a good idea if you are me. I don't think I'll need any lunch! And I WILL get out on the snowshoes now that there is enough snow again. My fave workout - and it looks like a postcard or a Christmas card out there. Have a lovely day, everyone - and go on over to the December chat to introduce yourselves and declare what goals and commitments you have for December. As of tomorrow, that is our new home for the month. Final weigh-ins here please!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday
    Week 4
    PW 185.2
    CW 185.8

Well up +.6 pounds, is it the end of the world no, but it sure feels like it is. I ate so well this whole week was determined not to gain any weight. I treated Thanksgiving just like any other day. So yes I am very disappointed but determined not to sabotage myself with pity. I tried my best and that's all I can do. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new month.
  • jugar
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday
    Week 4
    PW 185.2
    CW 185.8

Well up +.6 pounds, is it the end of the world no, but it sure feels like it is. I ate so well this whole week was determined not to gain any weight. I treated Thanksgiving just like any other day. So yes I am very disappointed but determined not to sabotage myself with pity. I tried my best and that's all I can do. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new month.

You are DOWN 4.6 pounds this month. Hang onto that when you slide towards feeling bad. Well done!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    As promised, terrible selfie of me prettied up for a party.
    sohqe6b5omyc.jpg

You look beautiful. How about an after party selfie 🍷🍷😉😝

I'm afraid I was far too drunk for that. Husband poured me into bed around midnight and I slept pretty fast. It wasn't nearly so pretty though. I was sweaty, my makeup was smeared, and my face was red. XD

Parties in Alberta are so funny. Inevitably, Cadillac Ranch will play and no matter how drunk, every Albertan will line dance with perfectly synced choreography. Husband (who grew up in the US and on the coast) is always shocked.

I won a trip to Edmonton to see the Oilers in February too. So that was fun.

@evangsimmons170 I used to have an old DVD player hooked up to an even older TV by my elliptical and I'd put on old TV shows, made exercise a lot more tolerable.

@jugar I'm a little envious. We had just a little snow and freezing, -23 weather this week and now I hear its supposed to be positive degrees again next week. Winter can't seem to make up its mind this year.

@matthewsfive I find sometimes when I most want to see a drop is when I'm least likely to, maybe because the slight stress increases water retention.

Trust the process, it's working, your scale just can't see it yet.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I’m a Sunday weigh in - but the Nov challenge ends today - should I post today then??

Also - I’m going to be out of country mid Dec - mid January— would love to be in Dec challenge — but probably won’t be able to weigh myself....I’ll be tracking on holiday though!
  • jugar
    Options
    I’m a Sunday weigh in - but the Nov challenge ends today - should I post today then??

Also - I’m going to be out of country mid Dec - mid January— would love to be in Dec challenge — but probably won’t be able to weigh myself....I’ll be tracking on holiday though!

Go ahead and weigh in - it will be in the December challenge. Stick with your regular weigh-ins until you go away on holiday, and then we'll just keep you at the same weight until you get back and start up again. Through all that time you are of course welcome to come in and post as often as you can! And if you find a scale to use, then that is great too. Since it is half of 2 different months, I think it is better to have a few "excused" weigh-ins than to go on the support team for 2 months. Let's give that a try, in any case - but you're still on the team no matter what!
  • jugar
    Options
    OK people, I'm gearing up for tomorrow morning tallies! It is week 4 AND the end of November so get these last two in, OK??????

@juliemargaretkim
    @eyezbydiana

Let's complete all the stats so we go out from November with a bright light - thanks!
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Sorry for the delay...I weighed in this morning, but didn't want to accept the number....
    214 😥
    I know it was a holiday week. But still...I think I unconsciously kept thinking about how well I want to do in December and all the plans I have.. that I acted as if the last few days were "last meals" ughhhhh
    On to the next week.. sorry team 😥

@micki48
    Steps 11/29: 13,438
    11/30: 8,801
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    CW 133
    Not going well need to get back to tracking (!)
  • jugar
    Options
    This chat is now closed. Go to the December page at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773698/waistaways-december-chat#latest

Happy December!
This discussion has been closed.