WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Oops i re-registered then lol
    Will that cause aproblem?

Not at all. We knew you were already one of the gang! If you are happy sticking with our team, then all is well. If you want to switch to try out another one, that's ok too - just let me know. Thanks!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Steps for the rest of last week
    11/21: 9,445
    11/22: 13,536
    11/23: 10,442
    11/24: 13,187
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Well I completely fell off the wagon this weekend, but I prepped my butt off yesterday, and am prepared to do well ALL week... I will not be attending any Thanksgiving events this week, I told my husband he was welcome to go to his brothers by himself, but I would be staying home... Ya see I have a little bit of social anxiety I do not like being with groups of people, so to avoid my anxiety, I drink... And his family has the habit of " Vikki you are being boring, you are no fun when you don't drink"... and well if I drink around a bunch of smokers ( which they are) I am afraid I would cave as they don't care about other peoples goals, just what they want in the moment, so I think staying home is best for me..
  • jugar
    Options
    Well I completely fell off the wagon this weekend, but I prepped my butt off yesterday, and am prepared to do well ALL week... I will not be attending any Thanksgiving events this week, I told my husband he was welcome to go to his brothers by himself, but I would be staying home... Ya see I have a little bit of social anxiety I do not like being with groups of people, so to avoid my anxiety, I drink... And his family has the habit of " Vikki you are being boring, you are no fun when you don't drink"... and well if I drink around a bunch of smokers ( which they are) I am afraid I would cave as they don't care about other peoples goals, just what they want in the moment, so I think staying home is best for me..

Good job setting boundaries - if you don't take care of your goals, it sure sounds like no one in your DH's family is going to help you. You have prepped for the week, and we are all with you! It is too easy to cave to that kind of social pressure (you begin to feel like you're no fun, so then you slip...), so if you really do not enjoy the event and all it does is make you have regrets, it is absolutely not worth it. Good for you! One of the Fearless Motivation songs talks about the meal of inaction that always comes with the dessert of regret. Don't eat that one, ok? Hugs flying your way. :heart:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I missed day 1 of the challenge, but day 2 is easy: my biggest struggle is chocolate.

Specifically, chocolate when I'm exhausted and stressed and unhappy. I think I had like 400 calories of chocolates yesterday. :(

4 more weeks until Christmas break.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Man, how uncool to tell anyone they are boring or not fun when they don't drink. Sending those people some serious side-eye on your behalf. Good call on opting out.
  • jugar
    Options
    axf3moiv80l0.jpeg

Okay F2F team! We are in day 2 starting tmo Monday! Let’s support each other as we go into Thanksgiving! Awesome group! 💃💃🌟💃💃

My November Biggest excuse is that I am tired and I don’t want to cook! Excuse! I feel that and I eat unhealthy and it hinders my own NSV. I love to cook, usually! We all have our days.

My NSV with this excuse is to have healthy frozen meals in the fridge when this happens. 👏👍👏

Come on over and share: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest

Good one. My excuse is that I don't feel like it. I don't feel like getting up and exercising, or walking around once an hour, or practicing and working on my project, or writing.

My NSV with this excuse is to get back to using my calendar app. Scheduling everything, using reminders, and getting that great feeling of checking it off. Every day. I might also try the James Clear idea of a big wall calendar and big X for every day that I do the 1-2 "small" things.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Okay I have to catch up for the Challange...
    Day 1 - My biggest NSV, is quitting smoking... It's an ongoing thing, but at 2 months I'm very proud of myself.

Day 2 - My biggest excuse, is the same, it's quitting smoking, I often use it as an excuse as to why I can have dessert, or why it's okay to buy that candy.. I hit my 2 months on Saturday, and it's time to stop using it as an excuse, period... I know what will trigger me to want to smoke, and I know how to avoid those situations, so my allowing myself to think that it's okay to eat that bag of candy, cause I quit smoking is just a "insert foul language here" excuse for me to eat what I should not eat...

How I will make this a NSV is I am just a Non-smoker now, I am not in the midst of quitting, I quit. So therefore, I can't use the excuse of "but I'm quitting smoking" anymore..
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    axf3moiv80l0.jpeg

Okay F2F team! We are in day 2 starting tmo Monday! Let’s support each other as we go into Thanksgiving! Awesome group! 💃💃🌟💃💃

My November Biggest excuse is that I am tired and I don’t want to cook! Excuse! I feel that and I eat unhealthy and it hinders my own NSV. I love to cook, usually! We all have our days.

My NSV with this excuse is to have healthy frozen meals in the fridge when this happens. 👏👍👏

Come on over and share: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest

Good Morning ...Day 2 NSV..EXCUSES
    Geez where do I start..... Well I think the#1 excuse for me in Nov. was that my new prosthetic brace didn't fit right or it made my leg and foot ( what's left them) hurt or it made me too tried after wearing it all day. I made 3 trips to the Ortho medical tech and each time they address the issues that I had and yes it did feel better and yes it was going to make me tired because I was working muscles in my upper thigh that hadn't been worked in a lot of years. I complained to the PT therapists and they told me to suck it up and move forward and Yes i gave them a lot of lip service and said all the things and what thy wanted to hear.
    I didn't realize all of this until I had an appt. with my PTSD and Nutrition Counselors last Friday. The light came on.. the realization if I don't do something quickly about this situation I am a dead man. 10 toes up tagged and bagged cause of death...STUPIDITY OF HEALTH, BAD EATING CHOICES, AND A OLDIE BUT A GOODIE BLAMING MY SITUATION STEMMING FROM FROM MY COMBAT INJURIES.
    So the leg is what it is and now it's time to get off the EXCUSES TRAIN and press forward in December. A new battle plan has been laid out for me by the PTSD and Nutrition Counselors. Now I have already put into place and pressing on. Oh and the leg it not hinder me at all.
    G
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Fri: 11160
    Sat: 10079
    Sun: 14811
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Not sure I left off so just giving last
    Mon 18th 13,889
    Tue 19th 9,956
    Wed 20th 9,805
    Thurs 21st 13,729
    Fri 22nd 6,760
    Sat 23rd 6,630
    Sun 24th 2,196
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.1
    CW:???

Haven't weighed myself since before surgery. Hopefully I'll make it upstairs to weight myself for next week.

• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps for rest of last week
    11/21 10732
    11/22 9472
    11/23 10305
    11/24 8464
  • jugar
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 123.1
    CW:???

Haven't weighed myself since before surgery. Hopefully I'll make it upstairs to weight myself for next week.
    Don't worry - I'll just keep you floating along at 123.1 until you are able to weigh yourself. Take your time, and I hope you are feeling better every day!
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Monday has flashed by!
    I have been out in our woods a lot yesterday and today - my husband is getting some last-minute trail clearing done after recent wind storms where many trees and branches fell and are blocking where we like to snowshoe and ski. And walk. And just hang out. I get to throw all the cut off branches and log pieces off the trail after he cuts them, so it is good exercise and wonderful spending a good part of the day outside. The snow is still there, but not deep enough to need snowshoes - so it is easy enough to get around and do some serious cleaning up. After Wednesday it will get good and cold again, and I hope for a heap of snow. But tomorrow we'll keep clearing!

Thanks for your thoughtful message about excuses and how to go on better - these are good hard looks at ourselves, and we could all use those from time to time. If you didn't get it done today, catch up any day. And thanks @Gidgitgoescrazy - you really put it well. We often use a source of pride (I lost the weight! I stopped smoking!) as an excuse to indulge in foods that are not healthy, or in amounts that are not healthy. Rewards are dangerous - or feeling like we deserve one, when really we are just ditching a habit that was stupid and bad for us to begin with.

@Terytha - what are you going to do when you are exhausted, stressed, or just craving chocolate? Got a plan? A substitute? Your side-eye comment still has me chuckling too...

On to Tuesday - our team's NO WEIGH-IN Day. Let's hear how your week is going so far!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    @micki48 Not sure I left off so just giving last -Got them. Thank you.
    Shexio wrote: »
    Steps
    Fri: 11160
    Sat: 10079
    Sun: 14811

70,000 steps on the dot for the week! Wow, how’d you do that?
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @micki48 Steps for rest of last week

Steph1498 wrote: »
    @Micki48 Steps for the rest of last week

Thanks ladies. Got them. Nice numbers. Great stepping.
  • micki48
    Options
    Sorry I think I may have totally messed up that previous post. I have everyone’s steps except:

@eyezbydiana Just missing Saturday

@fourathomej Missing Wed-Saturday

We are over 500,000 steps again. Nice stepping everyone. Going to give it a little bit more time for steps, then I’ll report winners. Well, actually we all are, but you know what I mean. 💪🏼🎉👏🏼👸🏻
  • micki48
    Options
    Day 2: NO EXCUSES November!

My November (and every month) biggest excuse:
    I don't have time to exercise or I don’t feel like it. Or It’s too late.

My NSV is to tell myself all the good exercise really does for me. Makes my heart stronger, builds muscle, helps me lose weight better, chisels my body. Makes me feel better. I am worth it. I will schedule some time each week (at least 3x) and make it a priority for me. If I can’t get to the gym or for a walk, at least do weights at home or do 15 minutes of Pilates that I can do with a subscription I have. Tell my team my goal for accountability.

Last week, I only had one day of some active minutes. It was down hundreds of minutes from the previous week. This week I will have, at least 150 active minutes.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    whoops, think I missed the last weighin, it was 214.0, if it can still be inputted?
    Had an audit that day at work and we passed!! so that stress is over for now.
    Came back today from a weekend up the coast, it was a time off.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 290.4
    CW: 288.2
    Please don’t move me to Saturday.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My usual strategy for chocolate is to get the richest, most flavor packed fancy chocolates, and have ONE. That I enjoy slowly. And that one happens right before bed so I don't have time to dwell on wanting more.

Right now we're a bit financially... limited, so instead I'm eating three or four small Halloween chocolates, since they're only 40 ish calories each.

I call it a victory if I stay in my calories, even if I slip and have more than I planned.
This discussion has been closed.