WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    The morning I start out great and than by the afternoon I just about grab anything that looks good or is simple.

That is exactly it for me as well. I get tired of making the healthy lunch. So I grab what is leftover because I don’t want to make anything new or waste it. But, after over 300 days at this, my “not so great, lazy lunch” is better than it used to be. Progress. Like @jugar said once before, sometimes we need a break and sometimes we need a plan. Sending hugs. I’m feeling a bit sloppy. Time to rein it in.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Does anyone else notice the scale go up after a few days of particularly heavy working out?

I have an intense week of cardio and weights this week— my trainer was available and the schedule just worked out so I jumped on it.

Whenever I work out a bunch - the scale goes up for a few days — wonder if anyone else has that happen.

Been turbo-dragon on the diet, so it’s not food making the scale creep.

Happy Wednesday!
    🐲

Yep. Every day after exercise day I can expect a few pounds jump. It's because sore/damaged muscles retain more water and lactic acid to repair themselves. It's perfectly normal.
  • Terytha
    Options
    GUYS.

I bought 10 boxes (6 kg) of Lindor chocolate today. And it wasn't enough.

I need 6 more boxes. In the process of discovering that, I ate some. They're my favorite. :(

Christmas is brutal with the chocolate. -_-
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    @Terytha - I am SO glad I have what my mother calls a serious genetic defect - I do NOT like chocolate. Never have. I do not feel your pain! But why are you buying so much chocolate? It does sound brutal :#

@Safari_Gal_ - yes indeed, working out will give you a temporary bump up in weight. As @Terytha said, the muscles hold more water and other goodies to repair themselves, which is how they build. Those little micro tears caused buy working a muscle hard is how they get stronger. Who invented this? Crazy... But it is temporary! And gradually your body composition will change. And that is a good thing!

@cory17 - sorry to hear you are also having the motivation blues. I'm about to turn on one of my favourite blues singers (Dawn Tyler Watson) and pedal away on the exercise bike. Sing those blues, and then try to make it better!
  • Terytha
    Options
    @jugar We are frantically trying to finish preparations for the company Christmas party next Friday. There are 70 place settings, each gets a wine glass full of chocolates, and it takes 10 chocolates to fill them. I had thought 6 was enough. I was wrong.

We also need to make the centerpieces, finalize the music, finish up the raffles... it's so busy!

I need to be better this week and next so I can party guilt free. My company always springs for an elaborate black tie affair with an open bar, so it's the single night per year that I drink kinda heavily. XD

My favorite dress doesn't fit me anymore, sadly. Too big. But I'm looking forward to being very fancy and drinking/dancing like I'm 18 again.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    My favorite dress doesn't fit me anymore, sadly. Too big. But I'm looking forward to being very fancy and drinking/dancing like I'm 18 again.

Fantastic! Your dress is too big :smiley: and you are going to be very fancy. Go for it, kiddo!
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Fantastic! Your dress is too big :smiley: and you are going to be very fancy. Go for it, kiddo!

Yes and we want fancy photos please. 💜
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Does anyone else notice the scale go up after a few days of particularly heavy working out?

I have an intense week of cardio and weights this week— my trainer was available and the schedule just worked out so I jumped on it.

Whenever I work out a bunch - the scale goes up for a few days — wonder if anyone else has that happen.

Been turbo-dragon on the diet, so it’s not food making the scale creep.

Happy Wednesday!
    🐲

Hi, Safari-gal
    Found this link that really has a good article and answers your question. Thanks for asking because I also learned something new.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwiW4bqdqPrlAhWPm-AKHbHkAwQQFjACegQIDBAH&url=https://health.clevelandclinic.org/just-started-exercising-gaining-weight/&usg=AOvVaw0a4bRG4ImL6pYcAFN3GFW0
  • micki48
    Options
    Whoa! @jugar Killing it today with over 18,000 steps! Way to go. Me? Sat too long with a baby asleep on me this afternoon and then watched Democratic debates while not moving. I won't be over my 8,000 for today. :s
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    GUYS.

I bought 10 boxes (6 kg) of Lindor chocolate today. And it wasn't enough.

I need 6 more boxes. In the process of discovering that, I ate some. They're my favorite. :(

Christmas is brutal with the chocolate. -_-

My fav too! And Lindt chocolate bars. 😱
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    11/20 Steps: 14445
    Workout - 11/20 - cardio .

Did I mention yet I'm going to have bunion surgery? They have to do a tri-lateral surgery plus fix a couple toes on my right foot. If it goes well, they will consider the other foot in the fall.
    Scheduled for 12/13.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Here are my steps for this week so far...
    11/17: 14,093
    11/18: 11.041
    11/19: 11,077
    11/20: 11,229

I'm getting lots of steps in from walking around the house or to the grocery or school events but no real exercise this week. Its really affecting my energy and mood. In the next few days I want to commit to a gym. Working up the courage to do that seems oddly challenging... anyone have words of advice on that?
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So I got it together, I did my 10 minutes on the treadmill, although it made my heels hurt, so I gotta find some different cardio.. ( I don't go to a gym, so pool, elliptical, bike all thats a nope)... Anyway, I got up this morning and did my yoga, packed my breakfast and lunch, and have dinner in the fridge defrosting... so all is right with the world again... I don't think I got it together quick enough to not affect tomorrows weigh in, but it is, what it is !

@Terytha Lindt is a favorite here too... I actually bought a big box of Godiva Masterpeices at Costco last weekend, that was a HUGE mistake... So I tested my daughter yesterday to take them to work with her.. She did and gave them to people with their checks ( She is a server) hopefully she got better tips because of them... LOL Your Christmas party sounds awesome, I want pics of you all fancied up !

@Shexio Good luck with your surgery ! Will that keep you off your feet for a long time ?

• jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    11/20 Steps: 14445
    Workout - 11/20 - cardio .

Did I mention yet I'm going to have bunion surgery? They have to do a tri-lateral surgery plus fix a couple toes on my right foot. If it goes well, they will consider the other foot in the fall.
    Scheduled for 12/13.

Holy moly! I know a few people who had this surgery - it takes time and physiotherapy afterwards, but they are doing well! One person even got a crazy arm-crank thing to be able to do cardio that didn't involve her legs for a while. It looks pretty hilarious, but she felt better to be able to continue exercise while her feet were out of commission. Some are called Krankcycles, but there are a lot of upper body ergometers out there. Might be worth it. In any case, good luck with this ---- hope it isn't too painful or difficult for recovery. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Whoa! @jugar Killing it today with over 18,000 steps! Way to go. Me? Sat too long with a baby asleep on me this afternoon and then watched Democratic debates while not moving. I won't be over my 8,000 for today. :s

A lot of those steps were "translated" from exercise bike - when I just can't get enough steps (freezing rain outside yesterday) I steal some from the bike. I did 12 miles while watching debates for 45 minutes, then just had to get back to Canadian news!
  • jugar
    Options
    So I got it together, I did my 10 minutes on the treadmill, although it made my heels hurt, so I gotta find some different cardio.. ( I don't go to a gym, so pool, elliptical, bike all thats a nope)... Anyway, I got up this morning and did my yoga, packed my breakfast and lunch, and have dinner in the fridge defrosting... so all is right with the world again... I don't think I got it together quick enough to not affect tomorrows weigh in, but it is, what it is !

SO glad to see your check-in! I was going to have to put on my nagging hat and come after you. But instead, you get the railway engineer's cap for getting back on track! 10 minutes is always better than 0 minutes. For cardio, one I used to do when recovering from a nasty torn meniscus is bouncing around on a Swiss ball. They are inexpensive and you can do all kinds of exercises with them. But for saving feet and knees, I just turned on some great tunes and bounced around on it - just aerobic enough to work up a good sweat, and gets everyone in the house laughing if anyone is there... If you get one, be sure to buy the right size for your height. I'm really short, so a 45 or 55 cm is plenty, but you might need a bigger one. And be sure to blow it up good and tight! A little hand pump is inexpensive, but I always have to finish blowing up "by hand" or by lung, more like. That in itself is a good exercise for the diaphragm :flushed: In any case, keep on your quest to find cardio that doesn't hurt your feet, and enjoy your well-planned day. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    DON'T FORGET!
    n0gpjxz2j1da.png

WEIGH INS ARE DUE!
    @tdrjustus3 (Monday)
    @Juliemargaretkim (Wednesday)
    @cory17 (Today)

thanks!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Steps 11/20 9,805

Still working on that afternoon plan. I tend to sit down and relax when I need to push myself into action. When I sit down I eat. So the goal is to take a break with a quick walk around the block, not sit down at the computer. I live in So California so I have the nice weather (no snow :wink: )
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh I have a swiss ball... I used to use it for my back exercises... I can totally bounce around for a while... Thanks !
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps
    11/19 - 9042
    11/20 -10,055

Got our outside Christmas lights put up yesterday. Seemed a little early but it was in the 60’s here and it’s not supposed to be nice again anytime soon. Not sure if you could call that exercise but sure felt like it lol. This month sure is going fast!!
This discussion has been closed.