• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    6, 5'2"
    SW: 108.2
    Nov GW: 107, BF: 19%
    GW: 105 BF: 19%

Goal #1: Keep up with 4X a week of OTF
    Goal #2: Meal prep more. Utilize Crockpot! Soup season!!
    Goal #3: Keep photo records of self...
    Goal #4: Simplify life. Not stress over things out of my control😉

10/1 / 109 lbs, 21.4%, measurements 33.5-27.5-33.5
    10/30 108.2, 19.1%, measurements 33.5-27-33.5
    11/4 109.8, 19.8%!!!! 33-27-33.5😲😲😲
    11/7 108.4, 19.2%, 33-27-33.5
    11/11 measurements 33.5-27-33.5 (my flat 🍑 is starting to round up! so excited about this
    11/12 108.5, 19.2%
    11/21 110, ???% 33.5-27.5-33.5
    11/22 109, 20.1%

I went to Orangetheory last night and worked my 🍑 off!
    It was awesome. Felt great. I'm a bit tired today but it's my last day of 46. Both kids have sleepover plans so I plan on partying!🥂💕Yay to a new STRONG ME@47!!

Tread
    Block 1 90 s push 1 m base 30 s push 1 m base 30 s all out 90 s walk 30 s all out
    Block 2 1 m push 1 m base 30 s push 30 s base 30 s all out 90 s walking recovery 30 s all out 30 s walking recovery 30 s all out
    Block 3 30 s push 30 s base 30 s push 30 s base 30 s all out 90 s walk 30 s all out 30 s walk 30 s all out 30 s walk 30 s all out

Floor:

Block 1 150 m all out row 8 goblet squats 8 jump squats 8/10/12 plank alt punches
    Block 2 150 m all out row 8 chest flys 8 power push ups on bench 8/10/12 weighted torso rotations on bench
    Block 3 150 m all out row 8 weighted double crunches 8 power sit ups 8/10/12 squat jacks
  • RunninCurmudgin
    RunninCurmudgin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    49, 160cm (5'3")
    GW: 59kg / 130 lbs
    CW: 65.3 kg / 144 lbs

Nov 1 - 65.5kg / 144.4 lbs
    Nov 7 - 65.5 kg / 144.4 lbs
    Nov 11 - 65.4 kg / 144.2 lbs
    Nov 18 - 66.2 kg / 145.9 lbs
    Nov 21 - 65.5 kg / 144.4 lbs

Well so much for that "easy" goal to lose a few pounds a month. I have lost maybe 1 lb over 3 months.

I logged, exercised, ate and drank in moderation - and my weight really didn't change much at all. It really wasn't worth the mental stress.

Just for the hell of it - I have signed up for Noom (because I am a CNN addict at the moment due to Impeachment and they keep on advertising.. it worked). Has anyone else tried it?

I am going to do my logging there for the next while to see if I do any better with "personalized coaching", and I will let you know what I find... If you have any questions regarding the program, ask them in a few weeks and I can let you know what I think.

Also I am scheduled to go in for a physical in January to see how my bloodwork looks and to get my shingles vaccine since I am now 50 and even if I am fit and active apparently SHINGLES DOESN'T CARE (Again - damn CNN and their non-stop pharmaceutical advertisements!!)

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!

Are you eating at the deficit, and if so, do you add your activity calories to your goal? Maybe you need to adjust just a little bit to get a deficit?
    And look at it this way: if you didn't put in the effort, you probably would have gained a bit and now you haven't AND you have more data to know what to day in the future :wink:

You are right - I think that I am, but the math isn't working so I must not be doing it correctly / accurately enough.

That is why I am curious to see how different my results are when someone is combing through my entries on a daily basis (Noom), and how much of a difference it makes - AND - at what point does the pain associated with doing this overcome my desire to lose 10 vanity pounds.

I know I HATE weighing each portion, for example, but this is probably where trouble lies (eating more than I am estimating).

I HATE being "that person" at restaurants who nit picks and special orders every item - and if I am at a business lunch or dinner, I will not do this because I do not want to be perceived to be a high maintenance prima donna when I am out with a customer (lunch should be about THEM - I would feel like a total *kitten* being out with an overweight customer who just ordered fries, then spending 5 minutes explaining to the server how to prepare my skinny meal).

I HATE not having a glass of wine with dinner a few times a week..

And so on - do I really want to give these things up for the 10 lbs? Time to decide...

The funny thing re: your comment of weight gain - I have maintained roughly this weight for 4 years (144 - 146 lbs) and before that, I maintained roughly the same weight ever since I can remember - 30+ years (130 - 135 lbs). So no, I really don't think I would have gained if I hadn't been tracking. I do believe in calories in/out, but somehow even when I don't track, my body / appetite seems to manage itself (the gain occurred when I first moved in with my Husband and life underwent many changes).

• swordnsandal
    swordnsandal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just restarted my fitness plan yesterday, after finishing many months on a medication I had to take with very large amounts of fat.

30, 5'7"

SW: 139.3
    CW: 136.9 (one day's worth of fluctuation)
    GW: 127

I'm really trying to focus on developing better habits and learning to maintain them. I could use friends! :smile:
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5'2"

11/11 measurements 33.5-27-33.5 (my flat 🍑 is starting to round up! so excited about this
    11/12 108.5, 19.2%
    11/22 109, 20.1%
    11/25 110, 20.1%

After all that partying and cake after cake, I'm surprised I only gained a pound😁😝😅🍰
    Sore from all the OTF over the weekend too. But I am just very happy that I had family and friends to celebrate my 47th with. Lots of dinners, drinks and cakes- so blessed to have such great people around!! Cheers!!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    49, 160cm (5'3")

Well so much for that "easy" goal to lose a few pounds a month. I have lost maybe 1 lb over 3 months.

I logged, exercised, ate and drank in moderation - and my weight really didn't change much at all. It really wasn't worth the mental stress.

Just for the hell of it - I have signed up for Noom (because I am a CNN addict at the moment due to Impeachment and they keep on advertising.. it worked). Has anyone else tried it?

I am going to do my logging there for the next while to see if I do any better with "personalized coaching", and I will let you know what I find... If you have any questions regarding the program, ask them in a few weeks and I can let you know what I think.

Also I am scheduled to go in for a physical in January to see how my bloodwork looks and to get my shingles vaccine since I am now 50 and even if I am fit and active apparently SHINGLES DOESN'T CARE (Again - damn CNN and their non-stop pharmaceutical advertisements!!)

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!

Are you eating at the deficit, and if so, do you add your activity calories to your goal? Maybe you need to adjust just a little bit to get a deficit?
    And look at it this way: if you didn't put in the effort, you probably would have gained a bit and now you haven't AND you have more data to know what to day in the future :wink:

You are right - I think that I am, but the math isn't working so I must not be doing it correctly / accurately enough.

That is why I am curious to see how different my results are when someone is combing through my entries on a daily basis (Noom), and how much of a difference it makes - AND - at what point does the pain associated with doing this overcome my desire to lose 10 vanity pounds.

I know I HATE weighing each portion, for example, but this is probably where trouble lies (eating more than I am estimating).

I HATE being "that person" at restaurants who nit picks and special orders every item - and if I am at a business lunch or dinner, I will not do this because I do not want to be perceived to be a high maintenance prima donna when I am out with a customer (lunch should be about THEM - I would feel like a total *kitten* being out with an overweight customer who just ordered fries, then spending 5 minutes explaining to the server how to prepare my skinny meal).

And so on - do I really want to give these things up for the 10 lbs? Time to decide...

The funny thing re: your comment of weight gain - I have maintained roughly this weight for 4 years (144 - 146 lbs) and before that, I maintained roughly the same weight ever since I can remember - 30+ years (130 - 135 lbs). So no, I really don't think I would have gained if I hadn't been tracking. I do believe in calories in/out, but somehow even when I don't track, my body / appetite seems to manage itself (the gain occurred when I first moved in with my Husband and life underwent many changes).

So very much this -
    "I HATE being "that person" at restaurants who nit picks and special orders every item - and if I am at a business lunch or dinner, I will not do this because I do not want to be perceived to be a high maintenance prima donna when I am out with a customer (lunch should be about THEM - I would feel like a total *kitten* being out with an overweight customer who just ordered fries, then spending 5 minutes explaining to the server how to prepare my skinny meal)." My mom orders like this and it's beyond annoying....if you're going to eat out, bank up a few calories and stick with smaller portions. It's miserable to eat out with someone that screws up their face when they order and complains about lack of 'healthy' options.

Yes I know, this is also why it is so difficult to be open about weight loss. I don’t want it out in the open and indeed be a diva when ordering. I’ve been at it for so long now that I know what to order without being picky. I have less problems with leaving some on my plate and I have a whole list of excuses why I don’t order or finish something.
    Still, it is an exercise in willpower every time!
  • Antiopelle
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread @rianneonamission !
    SW 78
    Nov SW 70.3
    Goal: maintain between 69 and 70

1. Keep on logging every day
    2. Restart push-up challenge
    3. 10.000 steps a day + 2 long walks & 2 dives a week

I’ve been way over my cals these last days so I’m surprised that I get away with 70.3 this morning. So, time to reign in again to get under the 70. Maintaining is not easy!

Ok, last week was a bit special: a few days feeling off and that was a good excuse to turn into a couch potato; then a trip for work that took me almost a full 20 hours: a few days of personal time off and then some sugary foods that literary got shoved into our house (2 cookie sales for charities). Needless to say that it wasn't a good week foodwise.
    However, I kept on logging and was actually surprised that I was relatively on goal. Even when I eat whatever I want, I rarely go over 2.000/day.
    That being said, I still need to get back on track and the good news is that hubby seems to have found his mojo; so for him today is day 1 of eating better and moving more. I sincerely hope he'll hang on this time, as this will also help me.

As for my goals:

1. I keep on logging every day - yay me!
    2. I did the test, but then I failed miserably again
    3. 2 long walks and 2 dives; 80.700 steps thanks to the beautiful fall hikes

Current weight: 70.7

Monday morning update: I did well with food this past week, as hubby is finally joining in ! Pfew ! :smile: However, we could only fit in 2 medium walks and only 1 dive as we were also putting wallpaper in the bedrooms, which is a strenuous exercise in itself!

Goals update:
    1. I keep on logging, this comes really naturally to me now.
    2. Ahhhh, the pushup challenge. I have put reminders in my agenda to commit myself again !
    3. 2 medium walks and 1 dive: 61.000 steps

Current weight: 70.3kg - which apparently is my maintenance weight as I keep returning to it. I'll be happy if I can keep this for a year or so. We'll see how it goes.

Weekly check-in: still doing great foodwise although we had a weekend with friends, eating out three days in a row! We’ve compensated this splurge with two all day hikes !

Goals:
    1. The logging is a no-brainer
    2. Push-ups are still not happening 🥴
    3. 2 hikes, 2 walks and one dive: 91.000 steps

Current weight: 69.9. I saw 69.1 for a couple of days and l’m not feeling comfortable with, so I’m happy to have gained some back.

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    49, 160cm (5'3")

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!

So very much this -
    "I HATE being "that person" at restaurants who nit picks and special orders every item - and if I am at a business lunch or dinner, I will not do this because I do not want to be perceived to be a high maintenance prima donna when I am out with a customer (lunch should be about THEM - I would feel like a total *kitten* being out with an overweight customer who just ordered fries, then spending 5 minutes explaining to the server how to prepare my skinny meal)." My mom orders like this and it's beyond annoying....if you're going to eat out, bank up a few calories and stick with smaller portions. It's miserable to eat out with someone that screws up their face when they order and complains about lack of 'healthy' options.

Yes I know, this is also why it is so difficult to be open about weight loss. I don’t want it out in the open and indeed be a diva when ordering. I’ve been at it for so long now that I know what to order without being picky. I have less problems with leaving some on my plate and I have a whole list of excuses why I don’t order or finish something.

Exactly! I generally either split a plate with my bf or box up half for lunch the next day.... started that habit in my 20s simply because I was BROKE and eating out was such a splurge. LOL! I need to stick to my 'broke girl' habits.
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Height: 176cm (5'9")
    SW this month: 66kg (145,51lbs) (Stable since 2months)
    BMI: 21,3

Goals:
    1) Start losing very slowly again: down 0.5-1kg by the end of the month would already be good
    Yeah, no: up by 1kg (2.2 lbs)
    2) Track better: been having a couple of days without any tracking and feel myself slipping
    Definitely needs improvement... Lots of missing days.
    3) I'm going to start using the "last-7 days" average my app gives me to track weight; so I see less of misleading fluctuations

4 November: 66kg (145,51lbs) (7day average)
    11 November: 66,4kg (146,39lbs) - 7day average
    19 November: 66,8kg (147,27lbs) - 7day average

26 November: 66,9kg (147,49lbs) - 7 day average

Steady incline... if only it was in the other direction! I thought I'd been eating better again but can't check because I haven't been logging. It's just impossible to do with all the eating out I've been doing lately... Today again: belated bday lunch + dinner at a friend. I can't believe I gained nearly a whole kilo this month... quite the opposite of what I had in mind with goal #1. I also measured yesterday and seem to have gained a cm on the waist and on the thighs. Yet somehow, I'm not hugely devastated. Only a minor setback, I can rectify this!

For those following along with my love life: the High Tea date went very well; he thought it was an excellent idea and we stuffed ourselves all afternoon. It may have been the lack of booze though, but I didn't feel much spark. He's cute, charming, smart and friendly and yet...nothing! Will repeat the date but with alcohol and see if that causes a difference. Makes for quite the interesting experiment. :p

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    49, 160cm (5'3")

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!

So very much this -

And what I hate the most in those situations are the people going:

Oh, but you don't need it at all! You're superslim already! C'mon, just a piece of bread/glass of wine/entire freakin' chocolate cake won't hurt!

A) I'm only slim BECAUSE I don't (always) indulge
    'B) No, the 1 piece of bread/glass of wine/slice of chocolate cake won't hurt, but 10 people pushing a "1 piece of something" on me in a day WILL.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    49, 160cm (5'3")

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!

So very much this -

And what I hate the most in those situations are the people going:

Oh, but you don't need it at all! You're superslim already! C'mon, just a piece of bread/glass of wine/entire freakin' chocolate cake won't hurt!

A) I'm only slim BECAUSE I don't (always) indulge
    'B) No, the 1 piece of bread/glass of wine/slice of chocolate cake won't hurt, but 10 people pushing a "1 piece of something" on me in a day WILL.

Yups, soooo true! And somehow, the peer pressure is everywhere. We need to stay strong !

• weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5'2"

11/12 108.5, 19.2%
    11/22 109, 20.1%
    11/25 110, 20.1%
    11/26 108.8, 19.4%

Not that I did much, getting back on track! I guess working out is my fastest way of dropping extras.
    l4a_p wrote: »
    Height: 176cm (5'9")

For those following along with my love life: the High Tea date went very well; he thought it was an excellent idea and we stuffed ourselves all afternoon. It may have been the lack of booze though, but I didn't feel much spark. He's cute, charming, smart and friendly and yet...nothing! Will repeat the date but with alcohol and see if that causes a difference. Makes for quite the interesting experiment. :p
    [/b]

I am those following! lol Keep us posted after the experiment :D
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5'2"

11/12 108.5, 19.2%
    11/22 109, 20.1%
    11/25 110, 20.1%
    11/26 108.8, 19.4%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4% 33.5-28-33.5

3 more days of November!
    Pre thxgiving dinner tonight, Real thxgiving dinner tomorrow and a day to decompress.

Be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.💕💕💕 Have a great Thanksgiving to you all!! xo
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
    HW: 76.1 kg / 167.8 lbs (26/Aug/19) 
    SW Sep: 74.1 kg / 163.4 lbs 
    SW Oct: 73.6 kg / 162.3 lbs 
    SW Nov: 72.8 kg / 160.5 lbs 
    GW Nov: 70.0 kg / 154.3 lbs
    Overall GW: 57.5 kg / 124.5 lbs 

01-nov: 72.8 kg
    02-nov: 72.0 kg
    03-nov: 72.3 kg
    04-nov: 73.1 kg
    05-nov: 72.8 kg
    06-nov: 73.3 kg
    07-nov: 73.4 kg
    08-nov: 73.8 kg
    09-nov: 73.1 kg
    10-nov: 73.4 kg
    11-nov: 72.6 kg
    12-nov: 72.6 kg
    13-nov: 72.0 kg
    14-nov: 71.5 kg
    15-nov: 72.2 kg
    16-nov: 72.0 kg
    17-nov: 72.8 kg
    18-nov: 71.9 kg
    19-nov: 71.8 kg
    20-nov: 71.9 kg
    21-nov: 71.2 kg
    22-nov: 72.6 kg
    23-nov: 72.4 kg – had 2 pieces of cake to heal my soul after some new quarrels with my man.
    24-nov: 72.4 kg – doing better today. But should definitely NOT turn back to sugary stuff when moody!
    25-nov: 73.0 kg – WROOOOONG direction!
    26-nov: 72.7 kg
    27-nov: 71.6 kg - Better 😊
    28-nov: 72.4 kg
    29-nov: 73.3 kg – PMS cravings yesterday made me swallow a good deal of unhealthy stuff. Simple as that. No excuse. Take a breath, stay mindful. Don’t slip back into bad habits.