60 min ocean swim, a little over a mile, some current
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 55 minutes
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I swam. I felt like a barge going through cold molasses with only one blade on the prop. Eighteen strokes per length of freestyle. No power! Streamlined? Couldn't really tell--nobody to watch and say.

Fuggedaboudit. Move on to backstroke and fly. Better but I still wanna bolt an eye to a drone and see what I look like.

Cheers!
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know the distance or time, but swam open water ocean in a light constant current... maybe 1km +, not sure... beautiful morning...
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After planting daffodil bulbs, the lap pool.
    The temperature in the Aberdeen, WA "Y" felt good, Goldilocks good. The swimming thing: good freestyle but still 18 strokes per length. Down to 16 on some 25s, but it felt slower. Best not to think about it-just swim and enjoy the ride.
    Backstroke: still felt sloppy and unsure. It may take 10,000 hours to feel proficient. No problem. If it takes 20,000 hours, I'm still in!
    Fly: I reflect on how wiped out I'd felt when I tried to butterfly ages ago. I'm not fast, maybe moderate in speed but I don't feel like I'm flailing now. I know more how to do it than I ever thought I would. So much for me to learn and to love about swimming fly.
    Cheers!ⁿ
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Yesterday: 1 mile @ 55 minutes
    Today: 1 mile @ 57 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    2250y yesterday. It was a slog. I wasn't there mentally or physically, but I told myself that "it's what I do" so I did.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 54 minutes
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    10.5km swim today. Furthest I have ever gone by 20 lengths! Whoop.
    3hrs30 for the 10km. Then 20 cool down medley in 15 mins
    Feeling good!!
  • surfbug808
    Options
    I don't normally time my swims, or always accurately distance them... but since others around me do (sometimes), I'll ask if we are together or swimming around the same time/place. Today, we swam from ocean lagoon to ocean lagoon, with walking in between (I wanted to jog but my friends did not). Total according to my friend's watch was 2.5 miles including the land walks... I don't know what the exact ocean distance/times were... but, it was a leisurely and relaxed pace. I went for the currents, they stayed inside. I love the currents and waves! Saw a big turtle munching away along some coral and so I hovered there in the break for a little while.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1.5 miles. @ 74 minutes
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1.5 miles. @ 79 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    Today: 1.5 miles. @ 79 minutes

Soooo consistent :) I remind myself about posting on this board sometimes. And seeing other people consistently posting helps me to remember that even though we're all over the place in terms of where we swim, there's always a swimming buddy out there who's doing it too.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    3km Monday and today

Plan is for another 1km tomorrow and maybe 2 or 3km Fri. Then trying for 11/12km on Saturday :)
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 58 minute
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    50 min before class last night. Not a long swim, but I'll take it. I'm feeling absolutely ZERO motivation these days, but my swims are all feeling good, so I just keep showing up and hoping that the idea of a swim will soon outshine the idea of going home and relaxing (and eating and drinking...). "Just keep swimming" is a real thing for me.
  • surfbug808
    Options
    A meandering warm-up swim through reef and surf, excellent clarity, plenty of fish!
    And then a 1+ mile straight swim. I was tired today, but was able to complete it.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    11.5km on Saturday
    think I may need to eat breakfast beforehand - or eat more carbs the night before. When I got to 11km I noticed a bit of shakiness.
    Standard fuel atm is every 50mins/100 lengths have a SIS gel. I did take some chicken in my locker, but only ate a couple of bites as didn't feel hungry while doing the swim. Inhaled it afterwards haha

2.5km today - felt very tired, but glad I did it. I want to beat my swim mileage from last year, and it will be tight so I need to stick to my plan!
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yesterday about 3,000 yards with Masters. Trying to get back into it after taking a break for some medical issues.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    Today: 1 mile @ 55 minutes