• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    143tobe wrote: »
    143tobe
    November Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 136
    CW: 131.2

@AB0215 , I had a 4.8 lb weight loss this week. I thought I would have placed? :/
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited November 2019
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    This may be TMI, but does anyone else have to deal with chronic constipation? I have already had a colonoscopy and everything is good there. I was told to drink more water and add fiber supplements. I already drink I between. 90 to 130 oz of water and take supplements. I still am only going every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes 5.
    Sorry if this is TMI, but I hope someone else has dealt with this and has some tips or hints. The only good thing about this is when I do go, I lose weight. TIA!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I don't experience this issue but I have an unconventional idea which might work (or not). Last week I ordered a corset because I realized that when I wear very fitted clothes I feel better about myself, I feel slimmer and I am more mindful of my eating. As an experiment I wanted to see if wearing a corset throughout the day would help me eat less (or less likely to binge). Well...yes, it actually has helped but that's not what this is about. One of the side effects of putting the corset on was my stomace was making all kinds of sounds and within ten minutes I REALLY had to go. My stomach was pretty empty at the time and what came out was a mystery, but if you are desperate, it might be worth a try? I just went to amazon and bought the cheapest one I could find.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @CindyJNC1963 I think it is a mistake....and I just saw this and was about to post this, the things you read while getting up stupidly early because your brain doesn't adjust to time zone changes while on vacation.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest

I think they replaced what used to be "woo" with "disagree" which apparently has the same face and there used to be a thing about the "woo" button being used as a "whoo hoo" and the thing is, they didn't change the face, it's still a frowny face, it just now has the word disagree attached to it instead of woo. Really not sure why they even have a disagree in here, I like to think that we would be using these threads for positivity instead of negativity so why even have the option at all.
    @143tobe Was just about to post this and tag you in it when I saw Cindy's comment and now I'm pretty sure that's what is happening, well I was before, but now that I've seen that thread, I am sure that's what's happening.,,

After I thought about it I figured it was a mistake too.

The snarky folks on the regular message boards love to "woo" or "disagree" or whatever they want to call it. I agree that it shouldn't be an option.

• CindyJNC1963
    How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday?

It is just me and my Dad at my house. My only splurge is we will have "real" mashed potatoes and I bought us some frozen yeast rolls. Other than that, it won't be a crazy calorie laden meal. My Dad has lost about 30 lbs on my "healthy living" plan and has enjoyed what we have been eating.

My REAL test is that I am planning a trip to New York with some friends in May for four nights and 5 days. I have already decided that I must try real NY pizza...but I can't go crazy and undo all of my good work. For the most part I plan to keep to my plan while I'm there. I have never been to NYC so this is a trip of a lifetime for me. Even though I live in a big city now, I am a country bumpkin at heart.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963

November: Week #4

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 176.9
    CW: 175.8
  • CindyJNC1963
    This may be TMI, but does anyone else have to deal with chronic constipation? I have already had a colonoscopy and everything is good there. I was told to drink more water and add fiber supplements. I already drink I between. 90 to 130 oz of water and take supplements. I still am only going every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes 5.
    Sorry if this is TMI, but I hope someone else has dealt with this and has some tips or hints. The only good thing about this is when I do go, I lose weight. TIA!

@LadyRN76 Fun fact. Fiber is always the suggestion for solving constipation, but there is a really great analogy for why I don't understand this. You wouldn't add more cars to the road to improve the traffic scenario so adding bulk isn't necessarily going to solve a problem where bulk is already accumulating and causing a traffic jam....

For me, I don't really have this issue and even when I eat carnivore style and take in no fiber, I don't have this issue so it sort of makes me wonder what really causes constipation, is it what we're eating? Is it that something doesn't agree with us...is it something else? That's really what I think that long term needs to be answered and it may be worth experimenting for yourself.

Having said that, in the mean time, try something like miralax...which is safe to use daily to help, so safe I have to feed it to my cat daily or he can't go. I don't think this is really a long term solution, however it can be done daily with no issue for a length of time if necessary, however I do think that there is probably an underlying reason for the constipation...and you should experiment on yourself to try and find it's root cause. I don't eat carbs and I don't have issues, my mom doesn't eat carbs and has the opposite problem of constipation frequently and..it sort of makes me wonder.

I switched from Miralax to Phillips Colon Heath Probiotic. It works....but the only problem is that it gives you really bad gas....such that you have to take GasX. LOL...definitely TMI!!! So, now I'm deciding which is worse...taking Miralax or the probiotic plus the GasX.

It seems like before I went to my most recent colonoscopy they said if you have constipation problems to decrease your fiber...which goes along with what you are saying.

Constipation is one thing that generally happens as you get older....at least it did with my grandparents and my Dad and I didn't have problems until about a year ago.

• CindyJNC1963
    Daily Post: November 23rd

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,593 steps

Daily Post: November 24th

Calories under goal: 13 calories over
    Exercise: 11,017 steps

I generally use Sunday as a rest day but I decided to do a full walk yesterday. It was a really nice day. Saturday was awful for walking...it was drizzly and rainy the entire time.

I found a nice surprise in my closet on Saturday. I was looking for a good rain jacket. I found an old Helly Hansen jacket from my running days. It hasn't fit for years and I thought I had given it away. It was like finding a gift. It is still in perfect condition too.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2019
    How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday?

It is just me and my Dad at my house. My only splurge is we will have "real" mashed potatoes and I bought us some frozen yeast rolls. Other than that, it won't be a crazy calorie laden meal. My Dad has lost about 30 lbs on my "healthy living" plan and has enjoyed what we have been eating.

My REAL test is that I am planning a trip to New York with some friends in May for four nights and 5 days. I have already decided that I must try real NY pizza...but I can't go crazy and undo all of my good work. For the most part I plan to keep to my plan while I'm there. I have never been to NYC so this is a trip of a lifetime for me. Even though I live in a big city now, I am a country bumpkin at heart.

@CindyJNC1963 I am sure you will get your pizza and not go overboard, you've done so well and continue to do so well.

I don't like to travel and be out of my routine, and having said that I went to Vegas this past weekend and didn't go overboard, may have eaten more nuts than I really meant to, but that's okay, the scale was mostly nice to me today so I am ok with it all. I still went to the "gym" every day, and I was still active and I stuck to my goals so I will take it. :smile:
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    @LadyRN76. So happy to hear that you had a good time with your friends. We all need to take time for the things that really matter.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post - Monday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ walking
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member

@LadyRN76 Fun fact. Fiber is always the suggestion for solving constipation, but there is a really great analogy for why I don't understand this. You wouldn't add more cars to the road to improve the traffic scenario so adding bulk isn't necessarily going to solve a problem where bulk is already accumulating and causing a traffic jam....

For me, I don't really have this issue and even when I eat carnivore style and take in no fiber, I don't have this issue so it sort of makes me wonder what really causes constipation, is it what we're eating? Is it that something doesn't agree with us...is it something else? That's really what I think that long term needs to be answered and it may be worth experimenting for yourself.

Having said that, in the mean time, try something like miralax...which is safe to use daily to help, so safe I have to feed it to my cat daily or he can't go. I don't think this is really a long term solution, however it can be done daily with no issue for a length of time if necessary, however I do think that there is probably an underlying reason for the constipation...and you should experiment on yourself to try and find it's root cause. I don't eat carbs and I don't have issues, my mom doesn't eat carbs and has the opposite problem of constipation frequently and..it sort of makes me wonder.

I am going to add probiotics and stop the fiber supplements. I can't do keto due to renal function so I have to balance more complex carbs with protein. I found that one out the hard way. 😳😳😳😳

I guess it's time to try something for 2 weeks and if it doesn't work, go to plan b.

Thanks!!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Thank you for all the comments and suggestions! At least I know I'm not alone...lol. One thing about it, if I can go before weigh in on Thursday, everyone will know why I have a big drop! 😂😂😂
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2019
    I am going to add probiotics and stop the fiber supplements. I can't do keto due to renal function so I have to balance more complex carbs with protein. I found that one out the hard way. 😳😳😳😳

I guess it's time to try something for 2 weeks and if it doesn't work, go to plan b.

Thanks!!
    @LadyRN76 If you don't mind my asking (and it's ok if you don't want to share) but may I ask about the hard way you found out that was an issue? and if you don't mind my asking, what was the issue? I'm just curious at this point. No pressure--if you don't want to share!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Monday check-in
    calories- under
    Water- over
    Exercise-walking and weights
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Nov Wk 4 - Mon, 11/25

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Some walking, but my knee is throbbing too much right now to do much more.

Today, three years ago, I got the news my grandpa had died in his sleep. He was one of my favourite people, someone who loved me and understood me, and I lost a part of myself with his death. He loved family, loved people, and we’d host Thanksgiving for anywhere from 40-60 people each year as his house in the country. This is the first time since his death we’re having a larger group - about two dozen people - for Thanksgiving. I love being with my relatives but it isn’t the same without Pa-Pooh.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited November 2019
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 290.4
    CW: 288.2
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Daily post
    Monday
    Track-yes
    Calories-over
    Exercise-15,000 steps
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Daily post Monday
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise no
    Ate more calories then I should have🙄
  • VarangianGuard
    VarangianGuard Posts: 7 Member
    November Week 4
    PW: 225.4
    CW: 227.6

Clearly off the mark this week. Still feeling bleh and lost motivation. Typically, this is when I just quit. The weekly update is the only thing keeping me from continuing to normal trend of quitting. Tough week with Thanksgiving around the corner, but I am going to try and get my mojo back.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Mrsjas2000
    Tuesday
    Week 4
    PW 255
    CW 255
This discussion has been closed.