@CindyJNC1963.
    @Kin59vara.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 3 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @143tobe. - 3.53%
    2nd - @docbeauty1. - 2.57%
    3rd - @asha170880. - 2.14%

And congrats again to @143tobe for placing 1st overall!!!!
    uohume43ad88.gif
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    I am going to add probiotics and stop the fiber supplements. I can't do keto due to renal function so I have to balance more complex carbs with protein. I found that one out the hard way. 😳😳😳😳

I guess it's time to try something for 2 weeks and if it doesn't work, go to plan b.

Thanks!!
    @LadyRN76 If you don't mind my asking (and it's ok if you don't want to share) but may I ask about the hard way you found out that was an issue? and if you don't mind my asking, what was the issue? I'm just curious at this point. No pressure--if you don't want to share!

When I was 4, I almost died. I had major congenital kidney issues that I was shipped to Oklahoma City for surgery for and as a result, my kidney function is not optimal to begin with due to scarring. When I tried keto when it was first becoming mainstream, I sent myself into acute renal failure because my kidneys couldn't handle the ketosis. My nephrologist chewed me up one side and down the other. I was young and thought I knew more than he did. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • LadyRN76
    November Week 4
    PW: 225.4
    CW: 227.6

Clearly off the mark this week. Still feeling bleh and lost motivation. Typically, this is when I just quit. The weekly update is the only thing keeping me from continuing to normal trend of quitting. Tough week with Thanksgiving around the corner, but I am going to try and get my mojo back.

One step, one day at a time!! You can do this!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member

When I was 4, I almost died. I had major congenital kidney issues that I was shipped to Oklahoma City for surgery for and as a result, my kidney function is not optimal to begin with due to scarring. When I tried keto when it was first becoming mainstream, I sent myself into acute renal failure because my kidneys couldn't handle the ketosis. My nephrologist chewed me up one side and down the other. I was young and thought I knew more than he did. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

:o 😳 :# Oh my goodness! How scary! Glad it turned out okay for you. Have you asked your nephrologist if your digestion issues could be related to your kidneys somehow?
  • 143tobe
    Tuesday Daily Check-in
    Track: Yes
    calories- Yes, under (with 5 calories to spare)
    Exercise-20 minutes running

Hey guys! So Thanksgiving is almost here. I've still been shopping, cooking, cleaning/organizing, baking and cooking up a storm. Today is probably the first time I've done any kind of exercise in a week. I only had 10 minutes to spare before work so I jumped on the treadmill for 10 minutes. It felt good to run again. I also had only 10 minutes to spare before I had to pick my kids up from school so I jumped on the treadmill (in my jeans, lol). I'm so happy I did. It helped me realize that although I don't have the time to dedicate to getting a "good" workout in these days, that I can still jump on my treadmill when I have 10 minutes or so in between all my running around. I've been doing good keeping (just barely) under my calories this week, which is actually pretty close to maintenance so with that plus Thanksgiving, I don't anticipate posting much of a loss this week. I am good with that though! As long as it isn't a gain. Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm planning on fasting tomorrow, eating a full Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, and fasting on Friday. Fingers crossed I'm able to fast successfully. Some days it's really easy, others are a struggle. I think it's all in my mindset.

So although I've been cooking and baking a lot of regular carb things for my family, I've also been making low carb things for me. Which is why I've been so busy. Double duty. I created an incredible LC pumpkin ginger cookie recipe and although the texture didn't come out as I had hoped...the taste came out better than anything I think I've ever made. So hard not to eat the whole batch. Today I decided to bake regular blueberry muffins for my husband since it's been a while, and every time I bake something he gets excited but is then disappointed when it ends up being low carb (he can't eat the nut flours). While they were baking I became very hungry and was wishing I could eat one when it was done. So I defrosted a LC carrot muffin that I had in the freezer but it was pretty dry and I didn't have any frosting made. I wanted something sweet and moist so I drizzled on some sugar free syrup. OMG...it was a game changer. It satisfied that wish to have something sticky sweet and it reminded me of a dessert I've had somewhere. It was a good happy feeling, and I still managed to stay under my calories today. :)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Daily Post: November 25th

Calories under goal: 15 calories over
    Exercise: 10,800 steps

• LadyRN76
    143tobe wrote: »

:o 😳 :# Oh my goodness! How scary! Glad it turned out okay for you. Have you asked your nephrologist if your digestion issues could be related to your kidneys somehow?

I had surgery to repair the holes and valve malfunctions in my kidneys and bladder and as long as I drink water, I'm golden. I'm proud to say I haven't been hospitalized for kidney issues in over 20 years. 🙌🙌 I don't think it would, but my annual sonogram and visit is this spring. I'll definitely ask him then.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post - Tuesday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

I've been thinking it was Wednesday all afternoon. So when I was making my dinner, I again thought it was Wednesday and prepared the wrong meal, loaded with sodium. I usually wait until after my Wednesday weigh in to eat that much sodium so I'm not retaining a lot of H2O for Weigh-in day. Oh, well. We'll see how much it affects me tomorrow.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Check-in
    Tuesday
    Calories: under,
    Water: 104 oz
    Exercise: walking and weights and aerobics
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Nov Wk 4 - Tues, 11/26

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walked a mile
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Daily post: Wednesday
    Track: :)
    Calories :)
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 14170

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
    Thanksgiving is the one holiday that all my children come home. We have two birthday as well as the holiday and the introduction to a new baby to the group.
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Daily post
    Tuesday
    Track-yes
    Calories- way over
    Exercise-9000 steps

Don't know what's wrong with me this week really struggling to keep on track after gaining 2lbs Monday but I know I need to sort it all out or I'm going to see another gain next Monday.

Going to try really hard to stick to plan today and have a class at the gym planed in.
  • dustyspal
    Weekly Weigh-in Wednesday
    November Week 4

PW - 247.8
    CW - 243.6
  • smallhippo1
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in Wednesday
    November Week 4

PW - 247.8
    CW - 243.6

Well done that's a brilliant loss
  • smallhippo1
    Daily post
    Track-yes
    Calories- over again
    Exercise- 45minute body combat class
  • dustyspal
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Finally, a few days off! 😁
  • 143tobe
    Daily post Wednesday
    Track, yes
    Calories, under
    Excercise, no

So tired. Got most of my Thanksgiving shopping done today after work but I had to go to 4 different stores in 4 towns to find all the ingredients. But I forgot to get a meat thermometer 😒. Made a sugar free cranberry sauce tonight but I hate it. It called for orange zest and now I realize that I hate the orange zest flavor. I was supposed to fast today, which I did for the most part, but by the time I was done shopping I was tired and cranky and decided it was probably better to eat something than to not feel and behave well. I ate well under my calories, so that should still help. So excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Hi Team,
    Been traveling for work and couldn’t participate at all. I’m hoping to be more active next month! Thanks for letting me be a part of your team.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Traveling again, really not a giant fan of travel, don't like being away from home and out of my routine but that's where I'm at, did stick to the plan though, despite traveling and PMS, I did fast all day and I'm actually feeling ok now. Hopefully that trend continues.
This discussion has been closed.