caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    @AB0215

Will my starting weight for December be my week 4 weigh in on Friday, November 29th of 167 lbs? You have my week 3 weigh in on the December spreadsheet.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Daily Post: November 30th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal:
    Yes
    Exercise: 10,800 steps

I ended up losing 4.5 lbs in November. I will take that. On to December!!!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW: 157.9
    CW: 163.9

Post Thanksgiving meal 😔😔😔😔 HOW did I forget to weigh before work??????

@LadyRN76 Because that's how life is and you can weigh in a day late if you want, or even sat still instead of using the post thanksgiving weight....

I'm a rule follower. It's something I do for accountability. Just makes me upset with myself. 😑😑
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Nov Wk 4 - Sat, 11/30

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Walked 4-5K steps
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 4
    PW 219
    Cw 219
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Friday check-in
    Calories- Under
    Exercise- walking, weights and cleaning rugs
    Water- over
    Steps 13146

• walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Username: walk4today
    Weigh in: Saturday
    November week5
    PW 246.2
    CW 247
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track: No
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 50 minutes run/walk on treadmill

Comments: I was planning on fasting Friday, and I did until 4pm. But I realized that I forgot to serve a huge fresh salad on Thanksgiving and I knew it would be a shame to go to waste and I didn't know if it would last until Saturday since I bought it on Wednesday. But I felt good about eating. I didn't track, but I know my calories were under 1000 and the important thing was just to get back under control after Thanksgiving. I also got a decent amount of a workout in. I figured anything would help after the holiday. I'm not back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight yet, but I was pleased to see I've already lost 2.2 lbs of the 4 lbs I gained. So I was able to post a .4 pound loss from last week.

@143tobe Research seems to suggest that fasting can still be beneficial even if you eat one meal and eat less than 500 calories, and that has been well demonstrated with recent studies, which might be something to think about when you're trying to increase your fasting as you are, you can ease into it, but reducing your calories and feeding windows a bit over time which should make it easier for you over time. Eventually you get easier, I've managed to stick to my fasting while traveling which is probably the only reason that I am only up a bit after thanksgiving and PMS. I actually find it easier right now to fast than to eat and that's sort of a weird place to be in.

You suggested that book "The Every Other Day Diet" to someone so I looked it up. I loved that it was written by a researcher and scientifically based. I ordered it and it actually just arrived yesterday. Looking forward to reading it. I'm glad you suggested it as I'm also finding it easier to fast than to eat lately. I get it.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily post: Saturday
    Track: not so good!
    Calories over!
    Exercise: 8991

Routine entirely off! The Family leaves tomorrow to beat the snow home. There are leftovers though!!!

@Kin59vara It's hard to stay on track when you're out of your routine. I didn't do very well with that in Vegas but while I've been here this week I've done very well. I think I'm only up 2 lbs over my travels and PMS so I will take it. I might suggest freezing the left overs and eating them strategically, that's what I did when we had thanksgiving early at my house with my family before I left and now I have some pre-cooked food for when we get back and I don't need to cook or go grocery shopping when we get back.

What a great idea! I have a hard time throwing the food out but to have them in the freezer that is great. I think I will put them in serving size portions. @AB0215
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Daily post Saturday
    Track: not really
    Carbs: prob went over
    Had a little to much to drink while out with friends and this I ate chips cause I woke up next to a bag...🤦
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post - Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔ nice 4 mile walk with my 2 little terriers this afternoon. Encountered a couple hunters walking toting their deer carcass. The pups were definitely interested.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    caloricus wrote: »
    @AB0215

Will my starting weight for December be my week 4 weigh in on Friday, November 29th of 167 lbs? You have my week 3 weigh in on the December spreadsheet.

@caloricus I am behind on catching up the December spreadsheet as I am traveling, I copy and paste the info from one sheet to the other and I am currently working on updating that and transitioning into December and depending n how well this works from my laptop today may have to be completed tomorrow when I get home.
  • AB0215
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW: 157.9
    CW: 163.9

Post Thanksgiving meal 😔😔😔😔 HOW did I forget to weigh before work??????

@LadyRN76 Because that's how life is and you can weigh in a day late if you want, or even sat still instead of using the post thanksgiving weight....

I'm a rule follower. It's something I do for accountability. Just makes me upset with myself. 😑😑

@LadyRN76 Well, it will come back around :smile:
  • AB0215
    Daily Post: Friday
    Track: No
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 50 minutes run/walk on treadmill

Comments: I was planning on fasting Friday, and I did until 4pm. But I realized that I forgot to serve a huge fresh salad on Thanksgiving and I knew it would be a shame to go to waste and I didn't know if it would last until Saturday since I bought it on Wednesday. But I felt good about eating. I didn't track, but I know my calories were under 1000 and the important thing was just to get back under control after Thanksgiving. I also got a decent amount of a workout in. I figured anything would help after the holiday. I'm not back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight yet, but I was pleased to see I've already lost 2.2 lbs of the 4 lbs I gained. So I was able to post a .4 pound loss from last week.

@143tobe Research seems to suggest that fasting can still be beneficial even if you eat one meal and eat less than 500 calories, and that has been well demonstrated with recent studies, which might be something to think about when you're trying to increase your fasting as you are, you can ease into it, but reducing your calories and feeding windows a bit over time which should make it easier for you over time. Eventually you get easier, I've managed to stick to my fasting while traveling which is probably the only reason that I am only up a bit after thanksgiving and PMS. I actually find it easier right now to fast than to eat and that's sort of a weird place to be in.

You suggested that book "The Every Other Day Diet" to someone so I looked it up. I loved that it was written by a researcher and scientifically based. I ordered it and it actually just arrived yesterday. Looking forward to reading it. I'm glad you suggested it as I'm also finding it easier to fast than to eat lately. I get it.

@143tobe You know, I have my hand in these low carb and intermittent fasting "communities" and they really come up with some great suggestions, and this was one of them and while I can't say that I've read the book, there is a lot of great research behind it and that book by one of those researchers, so I tend to recommend things that I believe in more than anything and I like things that have been studied a bit, or something that I've tried myself and know works. And I know Keto works if you're willing to make the mental shift, and intermittent fasting as well and I am glad that you liked the recommendation, you'll have to let me know how you like the book, I really should get it and read it, but I've been so busy lately that was not a possibility and now it's my busy season at work.
  • AB0215
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **November Week 4**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@Dustyspal.
    @southgirl94.

And super close for a holiday week, several team members posting 5 times:
    @CindyJNC1963.
    @Digger61.
    @gjaholy33.
    @caloricus.
    @Kin59vara.

v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Week 4 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @caloricus. - 2.05%
    2nd - @Dustyspal. - 1.69%
    3rd - @Batgirl140. - 1.14%
    uohume43ad88.gif

Finale Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @caloricus. - 6.70%
    2nd - @Dustyspal. - 6.27%
    3rd - @lucysaunders1691. - 5.22%

Awesome job everyone!! Let's crush December!!
  • AB0215
    Message to all Team Members:

This is the last week of the November Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the December Challenge.

The December Challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Slimsons (December) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773474/team-the-slimsons-december#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
This discussion has been closed.