tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 189.4
    CW: 190.6
    1.2 gain
    Off to a rough start, probably from Thanksgiving. Here's to a better week next week.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia Sorry to hear about your FIL, hope you get there in time for a visit.
    @Mrsbell8well wondering if you made the molasses cookies and how they came out. I just made a batch of fruit cocktail cookies - another favorite of the family. With fruit in them they must be healthy right :D
    @cyndiesstuff you know whats right for you, I hope you will stay in touch with the group.

We got an "air fryer" yesterday. I tried out a couple things for lunch - will take some practice but I want to cut back on the oils I use for cooking. We got the "Emeril Lagasse" brand -- it does just about every kind of cooking except boiling. I want to try a couple of the recipes included soon.

I don't know why I was bothered by my weigh in last week as I have dropped that gain and a little more. Tomorrow's weigh in should be a good one.

Welcome newbies.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Wednesday team. I’m having a great week - my eating has been under control! Isn’t that weird to say something like that?!?! But I think most of you understand what I mean by that.

I do have a shopping date with my son’s girlfriend on Friday and that same evening I’m going to a charity event where they have a “strolling dinner” whatever that is!!! Hopefully I’ll behave myself!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged food: yes, and under
    Water: None :-( (too much coffee - must do better)
    Steps or exercise: just over 5k steps. No specific exercise.

Wednesday has been a busy work day. Leading an important meeting in the morning so after work, collected kids, cooked dinner and then started working again to prepare. Finished just before I started typing out my intro post. Thankfully days like this are rare now (I get paid part time - don't want to fall in to the trap of working full time!), so will be planning some exercise at home in the evenings once kids are tucked up in bed.

Anyway, it is now half past midnight and I must get some sleep! Night all!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wednesday 12/4 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer and 30 minute walk with the community walking group

I didn't sleep well today. Slept really well for about 3 hours and then it was wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep. Not sure why that happens sometimes. I"ll check up on the posts latet.
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Hey, if you're within your daily calories, I don't consider that overeating! lol I'm glad you're seeing some improvement in your knee and hip! That's great news! And, yes, I started in June. I can't believe how far I've come. Consistency is what has gotten me here, I think. Even when I have a splurge meal, I keep my other meals light so I can stay within my calorie range. Other than that, I have no explanation! lol

@hope002 20 minutes??! That's amazing! I was literally just looking at weighted hula hoops on Amazon yesterday! lol I would love to learn!

@DanielleInProgresss Welcome to the team! So glad to have you here!

@Cafelelia I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. I'll be thinking of you and keeping your family in my thoughts.

@Mrsbell8well Congratulations on being under goal!! You must feel incredible! So proud of you! Also, I have loved watching you color in your star chart!
  • amytriesww
    Options
    Workout Wednesday

Today I ran 107 flights of stairs! It was killer!
    qiwf648lifoj.jpeg
  • amytriesww
    Options
    @Freeglerock Welcome! I also LOVE to sew!! I bet your daughter's costume came out amazing! I can make clothes, but they aren't my favorite! haha I prefer quilting and making bags. Exercise is also what I have more trouble with- we're two peas! lol

@tryingagain5 I hope you're able to get some rest tonight!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Check in for: Wednesday
    Logged food: yes, and under
    Water: over 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: Will definitely hit 6K tonight. I did 30 min bike, PT, stretching and strength.

I had a good day but had to fight urges again. I am wondering...I was so busy with everything last month and now I am dragging my feet with decorating and Christmas stuff. Maybe I am having these urges because I want to avoid doing what I need to do? I actually think that could be it. Maybe it is sort of a reward thing because I don't want to do it? Hmmm...I made my tea and am not giving in. I also lost my patience with MK today and feel badly about it but I just get so frustrated. She is on so much medication and one interfered with her allergy shots(very scary, an epi pen wont work if she continued on it!) She had to stop that one and now she is having symptoms so she needs to be on something else. She complains to me but won't talk to the doctor. She sees the psychiatrist once a month and she wont call him. She is 19 and NO ONE there will talk to me so she needs to do it. They didn't even want me to make her first appointment. She is upset that I keep telling her to call and I am upset she wont call and start feeling better. And to top it all-exams are next week so her anxiety is through the roof. Oh well, we are ok now but didn't really resolve anything. I am going to call in the morning and explain what is going on and ask them to call her back. Hopefully that isn't too much of an invasion of privacy. Tomorrow I have PT and have to walk Charlie, then I have to make a dent in the Christmas decorations. I wasn't able to get to them at all today. I think I am going to bed early tonight too. I have been going to bed too late. Ok...signing off... I am starting to babble :D

@Mrsbell8well Whoo hoo! Under goal! Nice job!! Sounds like a great workout schedule!
    @Freeglerock Welcome! You are off to a great start! Nice loss! Thanks for taking the time not only to read all the posts but also to write such a nice intro. What a shame about the meetings. We have a few on our team that do weight watchers too. Whatever works for you! We all are on our individual journeys but support each other and share a lot. You said you wanted to improve your water intake. Do you have a plan? I suggest just starting where you are at and make a small change. Since you didn't have any today, why don't you try for 1 tomorrow and then go from there. Maybe alternate with your coffee at some point (I thought you all drank tea over there ;) ) I am so excited to have you here! I know you will fit right in! I didn't realize how late it was there! Hope you had a good night!
    @Cafelelia Hugs! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    @nstephenson01 Your steps amaze me! We had the same plan-exercise first thing, food shopping and begin decorating. Although I had MK thrown in between. Dinner sounded delicious. I bet you are a good cook.
    @ljdanny That is so nice your granddaughter is in the same place you work. With all the shoveling you have done I am sure that you got your exercise for the week in. I know you got a lot of snow up there!
    @cyndiesstuff We will have you moved to the cheer squad. Good luck at your meeting tonight. I am glad you are taking the time to work on yourself. I hope you check back in with us. We are always here for you. xoxo
    @tryingagain5 It was probably Thanksgiving. It sounds like you have been back on track so I am sure by next week the scale will be cooperating. I know the night shift sleeping is tough. My room is pitch black if I don't put the shades up, that is a left over from when I did night shift. Lol! I still wear earplugs too...Hope you get rested up for your night.
    @pacsnc6 I have been going back and forth with getting an air fryer. You will have to let me know how you like it. Sounds like you have been doing well this week!
    @lennoncpa That is awesome! You had a tough couple of weeks, I am glad you hung in there! Sounds like you have some fun events coming up! Enjoy!
    @amytriesww What a workout!! You are amazing! You have worked so hard for all the success you have had! :)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @amytriesww
    Thanks! I did get in a quick nap before work tonight.

Wow! That's a lot of stairs! Great job!

@sleepymom5
    I'm pretty sure the weight gain was from Thanksgiving too.

I've always been able to sleep anywhere day or night, noise or quiet. My room faces west and I'm in bed before it's light and up in the afternoon so I don't think it's that. Also, my condo complex is pretty quiet. I'm on the end, so no neighbor on the one side and the neighbor I have on the other side works during the day and when she is home doesn't make very much noise. I really think my body is starting to rebel at being awake all night and having to sleep during the day.🙁

Great job on getting in your workout with everything else going on. That does sound scary with your daughter's meds. I hope the doctors get that figured out. Do you think maybe she's a little afraid of talking to the doctor, maybe she's not comfortable with him/her and that's why she's talking to you because you're mom and she's comfortable with you? As for not wanting to call herself and make an appointment, maybe she feels like she's not an adult yet, even though at 19 she actually is? It's sometimes scary to make those decisions/calls yourself even as an adult. With exams, just tell her to be and do her best and leave the rest. Study hard but not to the point of exhaustion. I don't know if that will help her but focusing on it too much will probably cause even more anxiety. Hope things get better for her and you.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @amytriesww I love all your posts. You have such a bright energetic supportive voice. Wow that’s amazing how much you have lost in such a short time. Consistency was key for me too. My first star chart had 60 stars. I vividly remember coloring that first star as I began my journey. Great job on stairs. Your photo says it all.
    @cyndiesstuff I’m so glad your seeking additional resources. Hang in there.
    @sleepymom5 sorry to hear about your challenging day. You did a good job navigating. It’s so hard when it involves our children especially their health. It won’t be long and this will pass. Our children grow and mature as they try to find their way. The hard part is figuring out what’s ours and what isn’t. Lots of love and lots of support to you and MK.
    @pacsnc6 I am surprising Molly with an air fryer for Christmas. I also bought her a vegan air fry cookbook. She loves the instapot so I thought she would enjoy a new kitchen toy. Thanks for reminding me about the cookies. I’m going to put them on my calendar. I was going to make them 2 weeks ago and ran out of time.
    @tryingagain5 good luck getting back into a sleep routine.
    @ljdanny how lovely to see your granddaughter so often.
    @lennoncpa I’m glad to hear you had a good eating week. I was worried about you.
    @Freeglerock nice intro. You will fit right in to our lovely group.
    @nstephenson01 I am excited about trying out those recipes. I will let you know.
    I have been feeling a bit lost on how to feed myself. This book has given me some great ideas on clean eating. Particularly breakfast. Did you get your decorations done? Way to hang in there with your steps.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    Week 1?
    pw: 164.9
    cw: 163.8
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @tryingagain5 That is exactly what it ended up being but we had to go round and round before she said it. She would rather me call but they won't even talk to me because she is over 18. She is going to see if there is something she can sign so I can talk to the doctors about medication. As for nightshift, I did 12 hour weekend nights when the kids were younger. I never had a problem with sleeping. My last job I was thrown on a few times a semester (I worked at the health center at Villanova) I ended up leaving after 7 years because I just couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't sleep before, I ended up recovering for 3 days. I think your body does rebel. Maybe because you do it more regularly it might be a little better for you.
    @Mrsbell8well I never had words for it before but you are absolutely right. It is hard figuring out what is ours and what isn't. That goes for all 5 of them! Then if I think it isn't and it should have been then I feel guilty...lol! Ugh! Love the yoga pose-the room looks zen like too! It must be nice to do yoga in there. I think I need to take time and find the yoga poses I can do and do them. It would probably be nicer than just stretching.
    @GingerPwr Nice loss! Wtg!! I always think you do so well with those monthly challenges.
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss! You are a day early but that is ok. :)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    vh2uklhwt085.jpeg

Many of us are starting to have Holiday events. It is never too soon to start making a plan. Don't forget to make your weekend plan too. I know it is only Thursday but you will be happy you did it.

Have a great day everyone! xoxo
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sick again the last few days. Ugh! I can’t remember a time when I have had so many viral infections back to back like this. But it has been awhile since I have had a little one in the house and my 5 yo has been sick each time too. Fevers to 103.5 for her, off school. Lots of PJ time. Weight down to 154.6 this morning, but not the way I want to lose. No more yoga this week since I have been sick the last three days. Sigh. Hoping things look up from here and we can stay healthy for at least two weeks.

@Cafelelia - thoughts are with you and your family during this time of loss and remembering.
This discussion has been closed.