Determined December Challenge 2019

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1. FOCUS ON MAINTAINING (or lose a pound or two)
    2. PLAN ACTIVE HOLIDAY FUN (Going to AZ for winter break/Hiking is on my list)
    3. SCHEDULE WORKOUTS (just booked 12 OTF classes)
    4. GET EXCITED ABOUT LOOKING GOOD AT HOLIDAY PARTIES (because!!)

I did good! Body Fat% is going down.
    I went to 2 OTF's and Run/Walk session while waiting on my son.
    Eating Low carb most of the time. (not exceeding 100)
    Sleeping good.

Keep this up over the weekend (I have 2 OTF's booked ;) ) and continue on to next week!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better now @tcunbeliever! Sorry you were sick. :frowning:
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’d like to join in, even a few days late! My weight has started to creep back up for the past several weeks and I want to get back on track and feel comfortable in my own skin again.

Goal 1: Track everything. On paper for a week or two, then back to logging.
    Goal 2: Plan low carb holiday meals, so I’m less likely to get off plan.
    Goal 3: Run 3x and lift 3x a week.

I’ve made it to 1 and 2 this week, but I skipped my run yesterday for a work project. I’ll need to run 3 days in a row to make it. But... that could happen!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I’d like to join in, even a few days late! My weight has started to creep back up for the past several weeks and I want to get back on track and feel comfortable in my own skin again.

Goal 1: Track everything. On paper for a week or two, then back to logging.
    Goal 2: Plan low carb holiday meals, so I’m less likely to get off plan.
    Goal 3: Run 3x and lift 3x a week.

I’ve made it to 1 and 2 this week, but I skipped my run yesterday for a work project. I’ll need to run 3 days in a row to make it. But... that could happen!

Welcome! Welcome! Come on in and stay a while! :smiley:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Been INSANELY BUSY. I'd like to be done with the Health class but there is grading and grade tabulation left to be done. One guy has HORRENDOUS handwriting. Not looking forward to it.

Dec 4th
    On-plan calories: Yep
    On-plan carbs: Yep
    Workouts: 3/6

Dec 5th
    On-plan calories: Yep
    On-plan carbs: Yep
    Workouts: 4/6

Must bake a billion cookies for a charity event today. AND manage to get in a workout. AND manage to get my rotten kids to do their schoolwork.
    Heavy tasks for today.

Still need to work on my NEAT, but I'll be on my feet a bit today baking.
    Tomorrow, I'll be working a charity event for about 5 hours. Barista and manager btw the kitchen and the counter. Then clean up of the facility.
    It's a church thing. So high maintenance but rewarding. So there's a bit of NEAT for me.

--Jess (the big ol' Mess) in Northeast TN
  • baconslave
    Options
    al4374 wrote: »
    The good news is that I stuck to my goal and logged everything for Day 5. The bad news is that I tasted the mini cinnamon buns I was baking 😬
    I’ve been baking them in small batches since Tuesday and resisting beautifully, but somehow last night I ended up choosing to taste them. Oh well, logged it as best as I cld and movin on.

It happens. But it will be fine. You're back on track. :smile:
    I'm baking today so there's going to be endless sweets in the face all day. :unamused:
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Even if you only go for 5-10 minutes it still counts as a run!

• vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This group is helping me stay accountable and I'm thankful for that.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 12/31/19 [going so well I may get to add a couple lbs to the goal]
    2. Stay under carb goal (< 35) and under calorie goal (<1,500) every day [success, 22 carbs & 933 calories, I wasn't hungry but I made myself eat more]
    3. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes, walking on treadmill or outside if weather permits [exercised 35 minutes for 2.0 miles on the treadmill]
    4. Plan ahead every day which is challenging with so many potluck opportunities and I love to socialize. [success, not easy, there was an Xmas bizarre down the hall but thankfully it was only for the morning so I managed to go to the gym on my lunch so when I got they were packing up. There were good smells coming from the conference center]

Looking forward to seeing what we can all accomplish this month!

Vicki in Wisconsin
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    Hey everyone! Happy Friday! :smiley:

1) Stay under the carb goal - :star:
    2) eat enuf calories, but not too much - :star:
    3) log everything - :star:
    4) hit our activity goal every day - :star:
    5) workout at least 5x a week - :star::star::star::star::star: + :star:

Had a pretty good day today! Did like 40 minutes of shovelling snow which we counted as a 'bonus workout' lol. It was a pretty good workout after all lol! :lol:

Also ate a bit more than usual but not by much, still well under our goal, but gosh I'm full now! It was sooo good tho lol! :lol:

Hope everyone's having a good day! :smiley:
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @violet flux
    Are you eating cat treats?!?! Maybe I’ve mis read something.. I’m genuinely curious as to why, if you are, maybe some sort of nutritional value I have taken for granted. My cat eats temptations chicken flavor less than 2 calories per piece. 🤷🏼‍♀️ please educate me...
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Day 5-skipped. Didn’t log. Not sure if I met my goals or not. How does one know if they are staying on track when they don’t log???

Day 6
    I am determined:
    Staying under carbs-50g total-No splurged on beer buttered onion rings. I’m assuming I was over my goal...
    Staying under calories-1500 per day-probably not- but maybe
    Logging and measuring-No
    Getting in exercise/movement-3/3
    Increasing water intake-YES still working on increasing
    Planning ahead meals-No- but I think made good choices on the fly.
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    @herblovinmom Yeah I got some Blue Buffalo chicken-flavoured kitty treats! :smiley:

They're low cal, low carb, crunchy treats. They're great if you want something crunchy or just want like a little savory treat but don't have time to cook or whatever. They're kinda like teeny little crackers except they're made out of chicken instead of starch. :smiley:

Only problem is they're kinda low sodium - as in no sodium. They use potassium chloride as a 'salt' in the catfoods I've looked at. So like, the treats, and regular kibble i've tried, it all tastes like it needs salt lol. :lol:

Its probably not the right thread for all this stuff tho. I'll see if i can find one of our old threads where we share the crazy, and do an update there.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    This is great! I haven't checked in lately and my weight has indeed gone up a few pounds in the past few weeks.
    OTOH, I ran my first race in two years the Saturday before Thanksgiving (after months of PT) and then ran another one on Thanksgiving morning!

For December:
    * I am determined to hit 140 lbs by 12/31 (loss of about 3 lbs).
    * I am determined to do my PT home program at least twice a week.
    * I am determined to walk/run/do cardio at least 3x a week.
    * I am determined to log my food every day.
    * I am determined to stay under 50 gm net carbs 6 days a week, and under 80 total every day except Christmas Day. I've done keto/low carb holidays before and it's doable, but this year I'll keep it simpler and not log that day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm determined to work out 5 days a week in December.
    I'm determined to eat SLOW carb throughout the month.
    I'm determined to lose *some* weight.
    I'm determined to get restful restorative sleep.

I'm working out 5 days a week, so far
    I'm eating SLOW carb
    I have not lost weight
    I got a good night sleep last night, but I'd say that's the hardest part.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Met all my goals for the week 💪🏻 Changed one of them from weight loss to trying new meals because I can already tell weight loss is gonna be slow and erratic and it’s more of a long term metric than a goal.

1) Planned foods only, no grazing
    2) Track every day
    3) Invent tasty new meals
    4) 5 workouts / week, 25+ hours for the month
    5) Fit back into the clothes I recently hulked out of

I added turkey burgers back into the rotation because ground turkey is 2.49/lb right now and they are easy to make after I get back from the gym. My new afternoon protein boost is Chocolate PB powder mixed with a little almond milk and toffee SF syrup with cottage cheese. I like my protein shakes but they get old fast and food boredom is the #1 reason I stray from my diet (grazing is #2).
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    End of Day 7 - first week is done! :smiley:

1) Stay under the carb goal - :star:
    2) eat enuf calories, but not too much - :star:
    3) log everything - :star:
    4) hit our activity goal every day - :star:
    5) workout at least 5x a week - :star::star::star::star::star: + :star:

For the week - we've been pretty much keto levels on carbs all week! Calories have been pretty much right where we want too! Logged everything! Even the kitty treats lmao! :lol: Hit our activity goal every day! Did 6 workouts this week, so +1 over target!

Didn't workout today cos there was a bunch of stress & stuff this morning & just couldn't get the energy to excercise after dealing with all the bad stuff. But we had enough NEAT to hit our activity goal! :)

I hope everyone else has had a good 1st week of Determined December too! :smiley:
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Checking in for both Dec 6 and 7. One real good day, today not so much.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 12/31/19 [still going okay, I may get to add a couple lbs to the goal]
    2. Stay under carb goal (< 35) and under calorie goal (<1,500) every day [12/6 good, but 12/7 over, went to the movie theater, the popcorn got the better of me. Calories under though both days]
    3. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes, walking on treadmill or outside if weather permits [treadmill 12/6 and outside walking 12/7, also shampooed my carpets so I counted it for light housework]
    4. Plan ahead every day which is challenging with so many potluck opportunities and I love to socialize. [not so good today but did okay on 12/6]

Looking forward to a good day tomorrow to get back on track with LCHF.

Good job everyone!
    Vicki
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Violet_flux
    I have a cat so I have cat treats on hand but I can't bring myself to try one of his treats. I don't know if he'd appreciate sharing with me either LOL. I guess I'll never know unless I try it. I'll let you know if I get enough courage to do it.
    I have eaten a dried bug once the my sister fed me b/c I didn't know what I was eating. It was okay but I didn't want another one.
  • Violet_Flux
    Options
    @vkrenz you can always just like sniff them - if they don't smell good, don't bother! :lol: I'm the only one over here who eats them, cos I'm the only 'cat' :# - the others just roll their eyes at me lol. :smiley: