Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Day 7
    I am determined:
    Staying under carbs-50g-YES.
    Staying under calories-1500 per day- NO
    Logging and measuring-NO-didn’t even weigh in.
    Getting in exercise/movement-4/3
    Increasing water intake-didn’t drink enough today
    Planning ahead meals-Sorta-
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any thoughts on Cronometer vs carb manager apps?
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Haven’t checked in for a couple of days but my “determination” is paying off. Scale was down 1.8 pounds this morning. I think this is due to actually listening to my stomach when it says I’m full. AND all I logged was my coffee in the mornings! Ad libitum may work for me this time if I listen!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    al4374 wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on Cronometer vs carb manager apps?

Cronometer is excellent IMO for tracking if someone has need for detailed nutrient tracking. I currently use the free version off and on and had the paid version for a year.
  • herblovinmom
    Options
    Day 8
    I am determined:
    Staying under carbs-50g-YES.
    Staying under calories-1500 per day- YES
    Logging and measuring-YES
    Getting in exercise/movement-4/3 plus have been meeting step goal
    Increasing water intake-🤦🏼‍♀️ I don’t drink enough in the cold weather
    Planning ahead meals-This weekend was very sporadic and unplanned but I still managed to make good choices. 👍
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Weekend was not exactly on target...the schedule was a bit crazy, and we had an impromptu help someone move furniture that threw the food plan all off...plus, Friday was my birthday, so I had a slice of chocolate espresso rum cake every day this weekend (two on Friday)...and I already have ample evidence that high carb leaves me hungry and eating more than I really need, but yesterday was too low on protein and too high on carbs, so over in calories by 2 beers and the cake.

Celebration time is over now.

I'm determined to get 100% back on track!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    @vkrenz you can always just like sniff them - if they don't smell good, don't bother! :lol: I'm the only one over here who eats them, cos I'm the only 'cat' :# - the others just roll their eyes at me lol. :smiley:

:lol: My 11-year-old is a cat-lady . She got some cat treats for her pet cat. And said they smelled divine so she ate one. She said "No wonder Zebra(cat's name) goes so crazy over them." I told her no way she was going to start eating those. Not because I was worried about her or anything, but because that brand is EXPENSIVE. :blush:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Well I updated myself for the weekend and the site ate my post... *eyeroll*
    Everything is fine. I got lots of NEAT in this weekend. Saturday I worked the event like a boss.
    So now here we are at Monday again, doing the Monday thing. Mondays are hard enough since I budget to eat more on the weekend with the plan I have going. And so today I'm supposed to eat less. And hormones... :angry: So it's a little harder to deal with the hungries than usual. But I'm going to plan my workout and crack the schoolwork-whip at the kids and get serious about Christmas because time be a tickin' and it's leaving me behind. :scream:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Update for the weekend

1.Under 75 carbs tops (I'm usually under 50 but leeway for holiday events) *Good til yesterday. I did tons of housework and my husband grabbed me a gluten free pizza and I ate it all. So a bit over 100 carbs yesterday.

2. Work on adding at least 1 or 2 days of some sort of exercise each week. I know that sounds lame but I have literally done NO exercise, not even taking walks in many months due to a huge long lasting RA flare. *I did hours and hours of housework Sunday that was way out of the norm and I'm sore all over and wore out so I'll count it LOL

3. Try a new low carb recipe each week to motivate me and my husband who is kind of sorting following the plan. YES last week and still on the agenda for this week.

This week I'm planning to continue my housekeeping efforts. I always struggle with housework because we have a small home with very little storage space and RA keeps me wiped out. I'm continually trying to declutter and give/throw stuff away. So yeah...that project will continue and hopefully I'll have my Christmas tree up by the weekend.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @tcunbeliever Do you have a recipe for this chocolate espresso rum cake? That's like 3 of my favorite things all in one! LOL
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I do not have a recipe...I did not make the cake...one of the guys I work with makes them this time of year and sells them as a Toys for Tots fundraiser...so, I bought it from him...I'm probably better off not knowing how to make things that taste that good...I do know that he used something like the powder equivalent to 4 shots of espresso...as well as chocolate chunks and chocolate covered coffee beans...and rum, of course...super delicious...but it's good that it's only a once a year thing!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I do not have a recipe...I did not make the cake...one of the guys I work with makes them this time of year and sells them as a Toys for Tots fundraiser...so, I bought it from him...I'm probably better off not knowing how to make things that taste that good...I do know that he used something like the powder equivalent to 4 shots of espresso...as well as chocolate chunks and chocolate covered coffee beans...and rum, of course...super delicious...but it's good that it's only a once a year thing!

Well it sounds amazing. I too might be better off not knowing! Sounds dangerous! lol
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday lol! :lol: Our 9th day of determined December is all done.

1) Carbs under 30g - 👍
    2) Calories under 1500 - 👍
    3) log everything - 👍
    4) hit our activity goal every day - 👍
    5) workout at least 5x a week - ◼︎◼︎◻︎◻︎◻︎

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start! :smiley:
  • herblovinmom
    Options
    @anglyn1
    What was the new recipe you tried this week? I’m always wanting some new ideas to throw into rotation 😉 good job meeting your goals!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I didn't eat the rum cake last night...even though there was one piece left...yay me...food was on target, exercise was done...fun times all around...oh, and I watched Kung Fu Hustle while working out...comedy and exercise are a great mix!!!
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Haven’t checked in recently, but so far on track with my goal - logging 6/7 days of the week. Just tracking without actively limiting anything has been quite enlightening and has so far helped me make better decisions overall
  • baconslave
    Options
    Dec 9
    on cals
    on carbs
    Workout 1/6

Sick kid kept me up until about 1:30. So I'm bit tired. The younger kids are going on a birthday outing with the in-laws today, so I just have to nag the teens for a change. Strength training today.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Dec 8 and Dec 9. I've been very busy at work and at home.

1. Lose 5 lbs before 12/31/19 [still going okay, I may get to add a couple lbs to the goal]
    2. Stay under carb goal (< 35) and under calorie goal (<1,500) every day [went over carb goal both days, I have good excuses but not really. Calories well below both days but if I want to lose weight I have to stay below a certain carb goal]
    3. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes, walking on treadmill or outside if weather permits [over did it on 12/8, elliptical, treadmill, & bicycle. I found my limit and now I'm hurting but am determined to not allow it to derail me. Treadmill on 12/9 but I was in pain the entire time, butt muscles.
    4. Plan ahead every day which is challenging with so many potluck opportunities and I love to socialize. [good planning but my plans changed on 12/9 so I caved in to a Subway 6" on flatbread, too many carbs]

Determined to be back at it for 12/10. I am going to walk but slowly on the treadmill and I am going to stick with my plan for meals even with my busyness and muscle pain. It seems that the pain I'm having is giving me an excuse to push the boundaries of my plan.

Keep up the great work everyone. December has challenges with cold weather, holiday eating, & holiday busy schedules,
    Vicki
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a full NEAT day along with plenty of water and eating to fullness (stopping before exploding😀). Today I’m not doing well on listening to my stomach so dinner will need to be light. I know better than to visit the Whole Foods prepared food section at lunch- just too many options!