MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. I've decided I'm not weighing in for a few weeks so my weight won't be entered the next few Mondays. I'm too focused on the scale number right now and it's stressing me out enough that I've overate the last couple days. I need to find balance with this and knowing the scale may be up again Monday drives me nuts even though I mentally know some weight gain isn't the end of the world.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday night - in the moment check in:

Here it is, the urge moment. I do not feel hunger - but I do want to eat. Lunch at the party was not a meal, it was apps so I made as reasonable of choices as I could and wanted to make. I'm not hungry but did this circumstance, really eating less than I thought I would be with meat and veggies, make me feel deprived somehow? Anyway - anyone else ever wrestle this?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Sometimes even if I've eaten decent in a situation I still want to eat when I get home, I don't know if it's a loosening of the "gotta be good" feeling or what since I don't keep anything tempting in the house! Sometimes I think it's still being wound up from the social event. I eat a lot of low calorie vegetables so a lot of the time when I eat elsewhere I think I still feel "hungry" because I'm used to more volume.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- didn't do good this week, just went Wednesday
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- did today, slacked yesterday
    3. Decluttering- haven't done lately but am getting inspired to clean off my growing table and get some seedlings planted and bring in herbs
    4. Social media- listened to a bunch of podcasts today so that's not bad, didn't check in here last night, was feeling depressed
    5. Trigger foods- did great today! I'm finding I'm craving salads and finally figured out aside of 1 or 2 a day I'm craving more because my dressing has a lot of sugar. I'm using the yogurt-based ones for now instead and am going to switch to balsamic vinegar for salads. Tomorrow's Christmas kickoff at church, will be making gingerbread houses with my nephews so I'll be surrounded by candy! Things like gumdrops don't tempt me, it's all the chocolate that's tempting but I'm too embarrassed to actually unwrap a Snickers and pop it in my mouth in front of anyone!

Today was a better day, had food prepped, controlled overeating, and while I talked myself into doing at least 10 minutes on the bike I managed to stay on a lot longer. Glad I put the 30 minutes of exercise in my 5 for 90!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.8kg)
    CW 159.8 (72.5kg)

Not much loss but I did eat coffee cake twice and advent chocolate everyday. But when I ate mince pies I made sure just to eat half a pie not a whole one.
    Next week I am aim to eat a simple stew lunch with Kale for this wintry season.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Group Challenge is up for Week 2...go and check it out...there will be a new posting each day this week, so jump in, get active, build your candy cane AND keep humming the tune!

Jessica
    Capt., Team TrimStones
  • robynleegetsfit
    robynleegetsfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Username: robynleegetsfit
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Sun
    Previous Weight: 246
    Today's Weight: 241.2

I started working out again. And eating less bread on most days. I'm stoked. That's 4.8 lbs :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @robynleegetsfit That's amazing! Congrats on the loss.

Name- itscleo
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Weigh in week 2
    Last weight: 155.4
    Current weight 156.

So it went up a little bit but I'm glad it's not more, because my birthday was last week and I really indulged, it was hard to get back on track.

Calories for my week- I was under but only because I was sick yesterday and didn't eat anything.

I had a goal to do some extra work with a foam roller and some mobility work and I didn't make it. Gonna try again this week.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Hi gang. I've decided I'm not weighing in for a few weeks so my weight won't be entered the next few Mondays. I'm too focused on the scale number right now and it's stressing me out enough that I've overate the last couple days. I need to find balance with this and knowing the scale may be up again Monday drives me nuts even though I mentally know some weight gain isn't the end of the world.

I completely understand. I stepped on the scale this morning and it was shocking how far up I’ve gone the last few days. I wanted to throw it out the window! I’m here to support you in any way I can and believe me when I say that I NEED your support too. <3
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL TALLIES FOR DECEMBER WEEK 1 ARE IN
    THIS IS HOW IT ALL PANNED OUT

i3g93b1leklv.png

0a1qoajwa2et.png

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    INDIVIDUAL % apple852hk 2.44%
    TEAM LBS LOST Fitness Warriors 11.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ells_runs 5.0

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 32.4 POUND OR 0.13%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    2nd Fitness Warriors 0.22%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.15%
    3rd Weight No More 0.15%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Fitness Warriors 11.8
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 9.0
    3rd Shrinking Assets 7.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @apple852hk 2.44%
    2nd @ells_runs 2.27%
    3rd @amytriesww 2.13%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ells_runs 5.0
    2nd @amytriesww 4.4
    3rd @apple852hk 4.0
    3rd @ConfidentRaven 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    renaegry
    megnolia82
    sarawilliams5889
    holmesp603
    eyezbydiana
    hope002
    Gadgetgirl259
    jedaschultz
    TheMrWobbly

vwfybm66zgjz.png
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In
    Saturday, Dec 7
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Shopping andputting up Christmas lights
    13,878 steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is SUPER inspiring and helpful! I just copied it to a place where I can find it again! 👀😮
  • its_cleo
    Options
    WTG team!

Cals slightly over today bc I had some dessert but hope I can recover it during the week.

Last week I had a goal to do a lot of calf stretching and strengthening but I failed miserably.

My goal is the same for the week- lot of soft tissue and mobility work. So today I went to the gym and did 45 mins with the foam roller and lacrosse balls, some band work for my shoulders. Back felt good after.

I like that- Choose to show up and do the actions.

Take care all.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 Group Challenge - Candy Cane (TrimStones)

t44h2qk0hygm.png

Week 2 challenge

Hey Team! Head over to the week 2 challenge and let them know how you did on the Candy Cane challenge today. Make sure to tell us here as well. ;)

I did a 30-minute cardio workout program today which gave me a lot of steps so I'm counting that as more than a 20 minute walk. I also drunk all my water and will have another big glass before bed. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL TALLIES FOR DECEMBER WEEK 1 ARE IN
    THIS IS HOW IT ALL PANNED OUT

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    INDIVIDUAL % apple852hk 2.44%
    TEAM LBS LOST Fitness Warriors 11.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ells_runs 5.0

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 32.4 POUND OR 0.13%!!
    PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%
    2nd Fitness Warriors 0.22%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.15%
    3rd Weight No More 0.15%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Fitness Warriors 11.8
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 9.0
    3rd Shrinking Assets 7.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @apple852hk 2.44%
    2nd @ells_runs 2.27%
    3rd @amytriesww 2.13%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ells_runs 5.0
    2nd @amytriesww 4.4
    3rd @apple852hk 4.0
    3rd @ConfidentRaven 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    renaegry
    megnolia82
    sarawilliams5889
    holmesp603
    eyezbydiana
    hope002
    Gadgetgirl259
    jedaschultz
    TheMrWobbly

Hey, Team Slimpossibles -- great work!

And congratulations to our teammates on this week's leaderboard -- @apple852hk and @renaegry !
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    6otkc0v5pcxy.png

Some of my things:

1. Food tracking! Even when I am busy, I go log food. If needed, I make my best estimate (i.e., eating outside home), but mostly I weigh and measure as well.
    2. Conversations where people know what I am up to and expect me to do it, starting with my family. When I started this, I sat my husband and son down and explained what foods I needed out of the house for a while, and why. My promise was to actually lose the weight and have it be worth the trouble to them of not having sweets in the house! My martial arts friends also check in with me.
    3. Like @mrmcgrath , I listen to podcasts and audio-books and watch videos on weight loss, health and nutrition. I have gotten some great ideas!
    4. Meal planning! And what @TeresaW1020 says about planned indulgences is so great! Yes to planning to misbehave a bit and a big yes to making sure to be back on track at the next meal. (For me, letting it slide a whole day turns into saying I will start up again next Monday turns into I will start up next month turns into I will start back on New Year's, etc.)
    5. Eating enough to not get hungry. I just make sure to eat lots of foods that are nutrient dense and low calorie (lots of fruits and veggies is what works for me). This works if I am careful about meal planning, food prep and shopping.
    I agree with these folks!! I log - and when I do the best is when I am planning meals and pre-logging to include putting in recipes of what I'll eat and then weighing and measuring the total amount and then my portions as I eat it. And thank you MFP for making it so easy to copy a meal - this is a win/win for me! I also listen to podcasts and try to surround myself with success stories - not perfection, no....I also want to absorb the mistakes and fallback moments of others because it helps me on so many levels. The support I get here and on a FB group - and my f2f friends and family is a huge - including a hubby who is also working on his own weight and fitness.

The other thing I do is pre-plan my exercise - if I don't, it just won't happen. I watch the weather to figure out when I can walk outside which is my preference, and plan my workday and after work evening around getting in some treadmill and/or elliptical machine.

Yes to all these things @raleighgirl09 noted -- especially pre-planning exercise! That makes such a big difference for me, too!

• AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @its_cleo - Hurray to you for not getting stopped around your workout goals. That mobility work sounds great.
    A holiday season birthday -- that sounds like a double challenge. You said it was hard to get back on track, but from what you say and from the numbers, you did not go way off base and you re back on track now -- so congratulations! 👍🏽👍🏽

@mrmcgrath - I find that whole list so inspiring. 🤩 I am with @its_cleo in finding "Choose to show up & do the actions" especially inspiring. It really is that simple, yes? ✔️

💭 And that leads me to a thought for me... So, we had out big martial arts event yesterday. My work the last 3 months was not enough to get me to the next level yesterday. So - "Choose to show up & do the actions" - I am spent some time today mapping out new plans for the next 3 months. I just have to keep working and asking for what else needs doing.

@digger61 - You had an impressive day Saturday, especially all those steps! I hope that shopping and putting up Christmas lights was as much fun as it sounds! 🎄😊

@TeresaW1020 - The challenge looks fun! I have not been out on a walk yet today, but I will! 🔥🚶🏿

@robynleegetsfit - 🎉Holy smokes Robyn! Great weigh-in! And hurray for having taken the actions it took to get you there! 💐

@Apple852hk - 🎈 Congratulations on the weigh-in! Down is down!
    👍🏽 And a big congratulations to bringing moderation to mince pies this last week!
    👍🏽 Your meal plan for the week sounds healthy and smart and tasty!

@Katmary71 - 👐 I am sorry you were feeling blue yesterday and glad to hear from you today! A big HURRAY to your good day today regarding all that triggering sugar! It sounds like you had a really great day today!

@raleighgirl09 - Yes, I have definitely had the urge to eat, separate from actually being hungry. That is oh, so familiar. I think @Katmary71 's idea of still being wound up from the social event might be on target, at least for me. Not sure, but this is a familiar place to be, for sure. 👋

@Katmary71 - 👍🏽 Good for you for figuring out what works for you regarding weigh-ins. I think @TeresaW1020 can put you on the cheer squad. I am selfishly super glad you are still checking in, as you are such a big contribution to the great concersation here.

@hinemoa2088 - Congratulations on holding steady this last week! Doing that during the holiday season can really take something, at least for me! 🎄😊

@Renaegry - 🎈 Zowie! 🎈 What an amazing weigh-in! Congratulations! Is there anything you did this last week that was especially helpful? ❓

@raleighgirl09 - Your description of preplanning your indulgence was inspiring! 🌟
  • its_cleo
    Options
    I got my 20 minute walk in! It was in a mall ut that counts. It was more like an obstacle course ducking around all the people 🙂
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Teresa and Austin, thank you so much for your support!

Go Slimpossibles, congratulations to those of you on the board!

Candy cane challenge- biked 60 minutes and have been drinking herbal teas with stevia all day.

Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- done
    3. Decluttering- need to get back to
    4. Social media- checking in, fine
    5. Trigger foods- started off the day hypoglycemic and forgot to eat before church so I had a few peanut M&Ms but avoided the rest of the candy.
This discussion has been closed.