WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    January all-hands-on-deck everyone lose 1 pound per week (.5 for those close to goal, and maintain for those maintaining :smile: ). Also we are considering changes in the weekly challenges. Do you find them helpful? Do you participate? Would full-month challenges (like the January 1 pound a week, for example) be better? Or is there another format that would keep the incentives and energy flowing?

I like the idea of having an overall monthly challenge as well as smaller ones during the week, even if there are only 2 or 3 weekly ones rotated through for January and February.
    It’ll be great weighing in on Xmas Day although my bigger eating will probably happen on a different day anyway. I’ll probably have the day to myself (kids are Boston & Florida; my spouse will be at work, and since I work the day after, I won’t be traveling anywhere to see other family people. Maybe I’ll hang with a neighbor and get a good walk in! Something to look forward to.
    Pool time tomorrow morning-can’t wait! It’s very warm and helpful to sore joints and slow moving moods.
    More tomorrow!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 Here is my step update
    12/15: 12,317
    12/16: 8,744
    12/17: 12,438
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps
    12/15 3,619
    12/16 11,228
    12/17 10,120

PW:175.4
    CW: 177.4
    Not a good ending for the year. Have 2 weeks to try to redeem myself. :blush:
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder jugar. Heading over to do that challenge now.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10775620/week-3-group-challenge-20-for-2020#latest
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling @Shexio ? I hope you aren't getting too bored and cranky - I know I'm the worst patient in the world :grimace:
  • jugar
    Options
    YIKES people. We are up for providing next week's challenge. We need to post it Sunday.

Maybe we could give everyone the week off from challenges!

Or we could give them something really simple that could work even through times of travel, family, business, and not too much ability to stick to diet or workout plans.

One paragraph to read per day. I bet we have seven people in here who could each provide a good read. It would not have to be about diet and fitness or anything in particular. Just something interesting, funny, beautiful, or memorable in some way.

Or? any other ideas?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    YIKES people. We are up for providing next week's challenge. We need to post it Sunday.

Maybe we could give everyone the week off from challenges!

Or we could give them something really simple that could work even through times of travel, family, business, and not too much ability to stick to diet or workout plans.

One paragraph to read per day. I bet we have seven people in here who could each provide a good read. It would not have to be about diet and fitness or anything in particular. Just something interesting, funny, beautiful, or memorable in some way.

Or? any other ideas?

I have plenty of good reads that I'd be willing and eager to share, if we wanna do that. If I could spend my whole life reading I would. XD
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @jugar like the idea of something to read, next week will be crazy for most, and that at least is something doable that keeps folks checking in and thinking

i just want Christmas to be over.

was given a loaf of banana bread today (supposed to be sugar free and kindof doubt it) and I've finished half of it.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey there! How crazy busy IS everyone?

PW: 134.7
    CW: 133.5 -- I know -- but I'll take it! I've been eating here there and everywhere this past week -- but mindfully trying to keep the sugar and white flour stuff WAY down... Christmas Eve is looming and that is our traditional cookie-making night -- we bake and frost and decorate... and of course, eat!

My "getting ready for Christmas" has included cleaning the house (yep -- house guests!) and doing power yoga everyday. So far, the yoga is winning....

@jugar -- I've only skimmed, but it sounds like reading something everyday is a great challenge for this time of year... a little quiet in the craziness. I like it!

Next week is Christmas!! I will check in on Christmas Eve -- happy Holidays to all and how amazing is it to be a part of this group!! Thanks all!

• Terytha
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I just found out I'm expecting 🙂
    Therefore I will be removing myself from the group. Apparently I should be aiming to maintain now rather than lose lol 😂

OMG! Why doesn't MFP have a "screaming with joy" emote! Congratulations!

Please don't quit the group, you can be on our support team. We'd all love to keep hearing from you, whenever you have time. ♡
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Therefore I will be removing myself from the group. Apparently I should be aiming to maintain now rather than lose lol 😂

Ahhhhhhhhhh 🥰👏🏼🎊👶🏻🎉CONGRATULATIONS, Diana!! What wonderful news. So happy for you. And a totally agree with Amber, please don’t leave completely, you can be on the support team and let us know how things are going for you. Again, congratulations on this fabulous news. 😃🥰😘
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar I also love the idea of something low stress. Having cool, inspirational reads sounds great.

How long will you be down here in NC? I know you’re here on Saturday, but can’t remember for how long.

• micki48
    Options
    Hey there! How crazy busy IS everyone?

PW: 134.7
    CW: 133.5 -- I know -- but I'll take it! I've been eating here there and everywhere this past week -- but mindfully trying to keep the sugar and white flour stuff WAY down... Christmas Eve is looming and that is our traditional cookie-making night -- we bake and frost and decorate... and of course, eat!

My "getting ready for Christmas" has included cleaning the house (yep -- house guests!) and doing power yoga everyday. So far, the yoga is winning....

@jugar -- I've only skimmed, but it sounds like reading something everyday is a great challenge for this time of year... a little quiet in the craziness. I like it!

Next week is Christmas!! I will check in on Christmas Eve -- happy Holidays to all and how amazing is it to be a part of this group!! Thanks all!

Great to hear from you and congratulations on the loss. It is busy, but I am just about done✅. Gifts are sent, cards are off, presents are wrapped, stockings are half done. Menu is made, but still need to shop closer to Christmas next week.

I am about to go into full cookie mode. Your Christmas Eve of cookie baking sounds wonderful. What a fun family time.

We have games, 1950s cocktails 🍸 and karaoke 🎤 on our Christmas Day agenda. 🎄Have a great week and check when you can and post a photo of your beautiful cookies🍪
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Please don't quit the group, you can be on our support team. We'd all love to keep hearing from you, whenever you have time. ♡

Sure! Then Ill stay..lol so do I just chat and just not submit weights?
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Ahhhhhhhhhh 🥰👏🏼🎊👶🏻🎉CONGRATULATIONS, Diana!! What wonderful news. So happy for you. And a totally agree with Amber, please don’t leave completely, you can be on the support team and let us know how things are going for you. Again, congratulations on this fabulous news. 😃🥰😘

Thank you!!!!! And I will stay on as support :-)
  • jugar
    Options
    Seriously amazing! I am so glad to hear your news @eyezbydiana !!! And the others all said it before me - no need to leave the team. Just hang out in support if you want to. Weight is not the only concern - staying active, keeping your muscles strong and ready to go are super important too, so if this team can be of any help, we'd love to keep you here. I agree with Amber that MFP needs a "screaming with joy" button somewhere. Congratulations :heart:

@cory17 - I hope you can enjoy your Christmas even if it involves eating too much banana bread -- you're still 1 pound less than at the beginning of the month, and even if you end up a couple of pounds over, that's what January is for. Enjoy the festivities, try not to let all of the pleasure be from food, and we'll be here to get everyone back on track. Get some joy on if you can!

@juliemargaretkim good for you on powering your yoga and unplugging some of the sugar and flour - that seems like a good recipe even if it all goes out the window Christmas Eve. One evening of crazy cookies will be a blast. We used to have crazy cookie making marathons starring such creations as "Gaudy Cookie", "Bride of Gaudy Cookie", "Night of the Living Gaudy Cookie" --- you get the idea. Have fun!

@micki48 - I get to NC Saturday and leave the 28th (the following Saturday). I'm looking forward to it! It will be good to spend the time with my mom (89 and doing great!) and my niece (she'll drive up from Florida on Christmas Eve). I love the sound of your day - 1950's cocktails and karaoke are a perfect combination! Being of 1950's vintage myself, I approve!!

I think we'll go with the reading challenge for next week, so everyone who wants to include one, let me know and I will assign you a day to post your paragraph. If you won't be able to post it, just send it to me and I'll make sure it gets up. I'll do one, Amber @Terytha will do one, and we just need 5 more. It can be a poem, a paragraph, a thing you wrote yourself - anything goes! I hope @evangsimmons170 will be able to share some of her writing :smile:
  • Terytha
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Sure! Then Ill stay..lol so do I just chat and just not submit weights?

You can submit your weight if you still want to track it, but you don't have to (and it wouldn't count towards the team goals). Instead you can come here with your support, your complaints, your questions and just generally your friendship. We're always glad to have people here to chat and be part of Team Us. :)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    193.7 (up from 193.3)
    Steps: 12/16 4,600; 12/17 3,306; 12/18 5,500
    ...clearly, the week with visitors didn't keep me losing but, I'll be making a bigger jump soon, I suspect.
    @eyezbydiana Congratulations! I'm happy to hear you'll be staying around, too. I wish this type of support was available when I had my girls. Living in the sticks would've been easier with you all in my consciousness!
    I felt energized after getting my hour of water exercises done this morning. I returned books to the college library,shopped for groceries, and cooked a huge batch of chili. I'm glad I got the muscles moving some more. When I remind myself about how good it feels, I'm always glad I followed through. Thanks for leading the way, @jugar and @micki48. Sure wish I was coming down South with you. next time! B)
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    193.7 (up from 193.3)
    Steps: 12/16 4,600; 12/17 3,306; 12/18 5,500
    ...clearly, the week with visitors didn't keep me losing but, I'll be making a bigger jump soon, I suspect.
    @eyezbydiana Congratulations! I'm happy to hear you'll be staying around, too. I wish this type of support was available when I had my girls. Living in the sticks would've been easier with you all in my consciousness!
    I felt energized after getting my hour of water exercises done this morning. I returned books to the college library,shopped for groceries, and cooked a huge batch of chili. I'm glad I got the muscles moving some more. When I remind myself about how good it feels, I'm always glad I followed through. Thanks for leading the way, @jugar and @micki48. Sure wish I was coming down South with you. next time! B)

Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.