WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I’m not hopeful about my weigh in tomorrow. I haven’t lost any of the weight I gained last week. Also ate out a number of times. The scale is going to tell the story of my week. It may not be a pretty picture, but here is a pretty picture of my drink tonight. They call it “The Vodka Drink.”y8xsrj5r1zlv.jpeg
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily check in 12/6/19
    1) ❌ Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    2) ✅Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days
    3) ✅Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) ❌10,000 steps daily
    5) ✅Post on here daily

@micki48
    Steps: 5,000
    So strange that switching from a fitbit to a newer galaxy watch has decreased my step count.. either this one is underestimating or the Fitbit was overestimating. I was always at am average of 7000... now it seems like 5000
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

PW: 345.2
    CW: 342.2

Now that I'm feeling better, I can't wait to get back to the gym. I plan to get there today. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 196.9
    CW 195.4

I was very surprised and happy to see this loss. It’s been hiding all week. A little more and I’m back at my low from a couple weeks ago.

I don’t see myself getting to the 180s before the year is out, given my pattern of loss, but you never know. I don’t know about any of you, but maintaining through the holidays is a win too for me.

12/5
    Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ❌ Nope was up on our chat to almost midnight.
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅ I missed one thing, but went back and filled it in the following day.
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼 ✅ 40 minute walk
    5) Post to team daily ✅

12/6
    Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ❌ Nope. Falling asleep on sofa before, but didn’t crawl into bed until after 11:30.
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅ Had to estimate because Fitbit was dead.
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼 ✅ 40 minute leisurely walk downtown. 80/150
    5) Post to team daily ✅
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Great job on the weight loss!!

Steps Friday 10,304
  • micki48
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder to all our steppers to get your daily numbers in by tomorrow at noon.

1. @micki48 Saturday
    2. @evangsimmons170 Mon-Sat
    3. @eyezbydiana Just Saturday
    4. @Steph1498 Thurs-Sat
    5. @jugar Thurs-Sat
    6. @offitgoes Just Sat
    7. @Shexio Thurs-Sat
    8. @evelynladams527 Sun-Sat
    9. @fourathomej Just Saturday
    10. @Gidgitgoescrazy Thurs-Sat

Right now, we have 352,000 steps together!!! Way to go team. Happy stepping!!!!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 209
    CW 209

I’m in a slump with my weight loss. I haven’t checked in, I’m late posting my weight and I haven’t logged! 😒

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to start working out. He is a volunteer fire fighter and the fire station has some exercise equipment we can use anytime. Not sure why we didn’t do this years ago! But it will be a start and it will motivate me to go with him!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Dec Week 1

PW 185.8
    CW 184.0
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 196.9
    CW 195.4

I was very surprised and happy to see this loss. It’s been hiding all week. A little more and I’m back at my low from a couple weeks ago.

I don’t see myself getting to the 180s before the year is out, given my pattern of loss, but you never know. I don’t know about any of you, but maintaining through the holidays is a win too for me.

12/5
    Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ❌ Nope was up on our chat to almost midnight.
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅ I missed one thing, but went back and filled it in the following day.
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼 ✅ 40 minute walk
    5) Post to team daily ✅

12/6
    Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ❌ Nope. Falling asleep on sofa before, but didn’t crawl into bed until after 11:30.
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅ Had to estimate because Fitbit was dead.
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼 ✅ 40 minute leisurely walk downtown. 80/150
    5) Post to team daily ✅

Happy you got a good number
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Weigh in -104

Steps:12/6:10050
    12/7: 9554
  • Shexio
    Options
    Super happy about my weight being 104.0 :) working hard on it this weekend
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    😁😁😁😁
    @jugar

PW: 214
    CW: 210.4

I'm so happy.. not sure how that happened, but Ill take it!!!
    Sorry for the delay, busy day at work
    Thanks for the support!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    What a Saturday!
    I'm sorry I have been offline - sometimes I just have to step away from the computer and ignore it altogether. It is great to be home, taking care of little things, cooking my favourite messes of veggies, and not doing much. I did get a pilates workout in, and will hit the exercise bike for an episode tonight to make up for all the lazing about.

I had the most depressing weigh-in I have had in a long time today, but it is true, I have been allowing treats and less exercise to creep up on me. I'll be going to North Carolina to see my mom for Christmas, so I had better buckle down a bit more before leaving on the 20th.

But in spite of a few of us not doing so well this week, have you seen the column of green that just went into the spreadsheet since Thursday? It is AMAZING!

ALL OF THIS IS POUNDS LOST! Weigh-ins since Thursday! I'm the only one with a gain in this group, and there were 2 with a 0 - no loss, no gain. But that is an impressive bunch of green numbers. Well done!! We may not place in the week's tallies for top 3, but you have done really well this week. Even though the weights don't tell the whole story, it is still important to keep trying to get those pounds GONE.

So, @AmyRobF - you get in here every day and tell us how it goes in the gym with your very own firefighter, ok? And let's see that number budge - it has been stuck for a while now. You can do it!

I hope things are going better for you too, @reflectionofme - you were our rock star for ages, and will get back to it for sure. Post-surgery can be tough, and I have no doubts you'll be charging through the door again really soon. The edema will subside, and you'll be feeling better I hope!!

And our next surgery candidate @Shexio - keep us posted about everything, ok? Friday... If you want to weigh-in early, that is fine, or just let me know and you can just skip a week.

Have a lovely Saturday evening! I am just missing weigh-ins for @tdrjustus3 and @juliemargaretkim -- hope all is there and we'll hear from you. @juliemargaretkim might be gone, I'm afraid. I hope not, but if there is no message and no weigh-in today, she will be removed from the team at least for now. I will send a message, and anyone else who is her friend could send one as well to see if she'd like to continue. Thanks!
  • Shexio
    Options
    @jugar I’ll try to keep you posted. I’m expecting a lot of pain. Technically I can weigh in thur or Friday... the next week maybe dicey...idk.

Ate super healthy today. So proud of myself
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    @jugar I’ll try to keep you posted. I’m expecting a lot of pain. Technically I can weigh in thur or Friday... the next week maybe dicey...idk.

Ate super healthy today. So proud of myself

Wonderful! And be sure that your pain is kept under control! The stress from the pain can really wreak havoc, and does not help with the healing. Sometimes drugs are good :smile: Your spot is here in any case, no matter how long it takes to get back on your feet. And you are certainly coming off a few great weeks - even if you gain a few back while you're laid up, you know how to take care of that afterwards, for sure! Be sure to get everyone well trained at waiting on you for a while...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hello from Zoo Lights!

om3c6wi2qiry.jpg

It's so cold! But we bought brand new, extremely warm winter jackets since last year's jacket is so hilariously big it's not even warm anymore, and there are fires going, so its OK.

Zoo Lights is an annual light show that covers half of the city zoo, much of it animated, some of it choreographed to music. You can really get into the holiday spirit. It's my favorite tradition.

The week has been so long and so stressful, so I've been quiet, but tonight I feel good. And I got in well over 10,000 steps, which beats by far my usual average of 3000. :)
  • micki48
    edited December 2019
    Options
    zykn886xqqn9.jpeg
    e9g3woqboezu.jpeg
    Busy day here. Parade, candlelight walk in our arboretum, and putting up tree. Tired.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    7iefgr89r63s.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Group Challenge is up for Week 2...go and check it out...there will be a new posting each day this week, so jump in, get active, build your candy cane AND keep humming the tune!

Jessica
    Capt., Team TrimStones
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to Week 2!

Tallies are all done for today, and our team top 3 are:
    @eyezbydiana
    @cory17
    @Pearl4686

I am especially proud to see @cory17 and @Pearl4686 on this list. After some weeks of feeling stuck and being frustrated, things are turning around. You did great to stick with it! And now - keep on going :heart:

And now HEADS UP for the Sunday weigh-ins! Moving straight into week 2:
    @Terytha
    @kx7003
    @Safari_Gal_

I'm running to get breakfast! I have updated my steps, @micki48 --- hope everyone else has caught those up to. Tally ho!
This discussion has been closed.