WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited December 2019
    12/2

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ✅ right on the dot!
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼❌
    5) Post to team daily ✅

12/2 steps - 9,058
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sorry it's late.

Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.1
    CW: 132.7

Well I have developed edema in legs (about 6 days ago). They look like sausages that are about to burst. So needless today I am carrying a lot of extra water weight right now. Started diuretics this morning and going for an ultrasound this afternoon. This whole recovery process is not going as planned or expected.

• micki48
    @reflectionofme I am so sorry your recovery from surgery is not going as well as you would like. I’ve know two other people who have had it and both of them had difficult and painful recoveries. I sure hope the diuretics work their magic and you are getting rid of that fluid soon. Hope they figure out what is going on quickly and you feel yourself again. Hugs to you. Hang in there. One day soon, it will just be a memory. 💜
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Eeekkkk.... missed reporting and spaced it all off.... if I’m too late that’s okay.

If not,
    Dec 1 =11546
    2:=10050
    3:=10200
  • Shexio
    Goals:
    1️⃣ Dec1-12 - track my food , even if it’s crap food.

2️⃣ report In here steps and some food accountability

3️⃣ tri lateral bunion ectomy surgery dec 13. No activity basically for a few weeks. 🥺 so clean eats and calorie deficit from here on out.

4️⃣ no weight gain this month! Start and end the month at 104.5 or less
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    What is your identity? How are you going to practice it?

I am a person who is focused on improving my health and my BMI. I am a loser (of weight).

I weigh and log my food. I am an exerciser. I get 150 minutes of exercise a week. I drink 64+ ounces of water a day. I check in with my team to offer and get support, to be inspired and be inspiring, and to learn new habits for reaching my goals.

Last call for anyone else interested in our team step challenge.

1. micki48
    2. @evangsimmons170
    3. @eyezbydiana
    4. @Steph1498
    5. @jugar
    6. @offitgoes

Hi! I'll join you although I'm pretty low on the count much of the time. I'll work on it! Remind me about timing to send you numbers...weekly or daily?
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    edited December 2019
    jugar wrote: »
    Yesterday was fairly good for my goals, with a minor corn chip infraction last evening - within calories and before hopping on the exercise bike, but not a great idea...
    I'll bring along the snowshoes and take the dog on an excursion! I love his dog - she is quite a blast for going out on excursions. Sometimes I just have to get out of the house!

Just "sometimes", eh?! Well, enjoy the time away. zap me a message and give me some good times to touch base tomorrow (Wednesday). Have a blast with Moni on Thursday! hugs all around. :smiley:

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @reflectionofme - so sorry to hear about your edema - that is a horrible feeling. May it pass soon :heart:

@Shexio - good luck with your surgery too! It sounds like you have a good handle on the process, but it may kick you a few surprises. Hang in there!

I hope everyone is doing well this fine day. I made it down to Massachusetts - there are some 16 inches of new snow but the roads were fine, and it is clear and beautiful now. Can't wait for romping about in the morning. Needless to say, today was not one of my finest for tracking and getting any exercise... Will do better tomorrow.
  • jugar
  • Shexio
    @jugar I’d rather weigh in on Saturday this week. Maybe not Saturday the 14th since surgery is the day prior. Could I skip a week there? And/or report the 2nd weigh in on the 12th?
  • micki48
    Shexio wrote: »
    Eeekkkk.... missed reporting and spaced it all off.... if I’m too late that’s okay.

If not,
    Dec 1 =11546
    2:=10050
    3:=10200

Got you. I’ll add you and you are not late with steps at all. Great stepping!!
    micki48 wrote: »
    What is your identity? How are you going to practice it?

I am a person who is focused on improving my health and my BMI. I am a loser (of weight).

I weigh and log my food. I am an exerciser. I get 150 minutes of exercise a week. I drink 64+ ounces of water a day. I check in with my team to offer and get support, to be inspired and be inspiring, and to learn new habits for reaching my goals.

Last call for anyone else interested in our team step challenge.

1. micki48
    2. @evangsimmons170
    3. @eyezbydiana
    4. @Steph1498
    5. @jugar
    6. @offitgoes
    7. @Shexio
    8. @evelynladams527

Hi! I'll join you although I'm pretty low on the count much of the time. I'll work on it! Remind me about timing to send you numbers...weekly or daily?

Great!!! You are added. No worries about your numbers at all. The whole idea is to improve not beat someone else. I find reporting daily is helpful, but weekly is fine too. Just have them all in by Sunday at noon, please. 🚶🏽‍♀️😃🎉💪🏼
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    @micki48 Is it too late to Join the step Challenge, I really need to work on that...
    Mine so far are
    12/1 - 1,244 ( See told you I need to work on it)
    12/2 - 5340
    12/3 - 4721
  • jugar
    Shexio wrote: »
    @jugar I’d rather weigh in on Saturday this week. Maybe not Saturday the 14th since surgery is the day prior. Could I skip a week there? And/or report the 2nd weigh in on the 12th?

You can certainly weigh in on Saturday this week, and then whatever works for you the week of the surgery - if I see nothing on the 12th, I'll just put in an "excused" note for that week, and wait until the following week. Take as much time off as you need to!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    @micki48 Hope I'm not too late for the step team!!! It's the one thing I can do right, right now.

I sooo love all your goals. December is super crazy for me - Hallmark! Explains it all...busiest season for me.

GOALS:
    1. 10000 steps a day
    2. Yoga 3X
    3. Spin Class 2X
    4. Track every bite
  • fourathomej
    STEPS:
    12/1 - 13410
    12/2 - 16206
    12/3 - 8459 - uhhggg - so sick yesterday!!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej
    Wednesday
    WEEK 1
    PW: 147.6
    CW: 148.8 - YIKES - I'm pretty sure it's from not eating well yesterday - SICK!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Hell week is in full force and in the 8 months I've been counting calories, I've never felt this tempted to eat my stress. I actually snuck chocolate from the lunchroom.

I worked all friggin day yesterday and didn't even get halfway through section three, of 13. Plus I have to do 17 interviews still!

I wanna cry.

I hate this audit.
  • micki48
    @micki48 Is it too late to Join the step Challenge, I really need to work on that...
    Mine so far are
    12/1 - 1,244 ( See told you I need to work on it)
    12/2 - 5340
    12/3 - 4721

No, not at all. You’re in. Just work on adding 500 steps for a couple days. Then a little more and a little more. Good luck. You can do this.
    @micki48 Hope I'm not too late for the step team!!! It's the one thing I can do right, right now.

I sooo love all your goals. December is super crazy for me - Hallmark! Explains it all...busiest season for me.

GOALS:
    1. 10000 steps a day
    2. Yoga 3X
    3. Spin Class 2X
    4. Track every bite

Not too late. You’re in. Every thing we can do right works toward our goals. You’re goals look great too. Thanks.

Just a reminder, when I see and record your steps, I will mark your comment as insightful. Feel free to check out the steps spread sheet at the bottom of the Waistaways tab. Also, please have your steps in by the end of the week. Noon Sunday.

Glad to have so many joining the challenge. Every little accomplishment helps on our journey to health. 🚶🏽‍♀️👏🏼💪🏼❤️

This discussion has been closed.