3. @eyezbydiana
    4. @Steph1498
    5. @jugar
    6. @offitgoes
    7. @Shexio
    8. @evelynladams527
    9. @fourathomej
    10. @Gidgitgoescrazy

I think I have everyone. Let me know if I missed you.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/3 12,571 Pretty great for me. Mostly just chasing that busy toddler around.

• micki48
    Options
    12/3

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 ๐Ÿ•ฆ๐Ÿ โŒ Missed by 10 minutes
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly โœ…
    3) 8,000 steps daily ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸผโŒ
    5) Post to team daily โœ…
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Ugh My oldest son leaves for his annual Bday trip tomorrow... It always stresses me out, he is 26, he goes to purta villarta to an all inclusive resort by himself... I am a little jealous that he has the confidence to go on a vaca by himself, but it also worries me to death.. He does good at staying in contact though, but still... Anyway, had to get that off my chest...

Those of you who are trying to go to bed by 11.30, what time do you get up ? I go to bed around 9 - 9.30pm every night, and get up at 5.30... I've never been someone who can stay up late if there wasn't anything going on... I wonder though if I am sleeping too much, although a few nights a week I don't sleep well, and am up in the middle of the night for a good while.. Do you all sleep well ?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Eek/ @jugar I thought I had posted this!

Pw -142.2
    Cw- 141.0

The weight loss is slowing down Iโ€™m afraid...

I didnโ€™t even have cake for my birthday or pie for Thanksgiving!! Itโ€™s going to be a long few work weeks here... then we leave for Europe in 2 weeks til mid January - I really wanted to be down a few more lbs... maybe Iโ€™ll look at it as having on my โ€œwinter coatโ€ โ˜บ๏ธ
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ugh My oldest son leaves for his annual Bday trip tomorrow... It always stresses me out, he is 26, he goes to purta villarta to an all inclusive resort by himself... I am a little jealous that he has the confidence to go on a vaca by himself, but it also worries me to death.. He does good at staying in contact though, but still... Anyway, had to get that off my chest...

Those of you who are trying to go to bed by 11.30, what time do you get up ? I go to bed around 9 - 9.30pm every night, and get up at 5.30... I've never been someone who can stay up late if there wasn't anything going on... I wonder though if I am sleeping too much, although a few nights a week I don't sleep well, and am up in the middle of the night for a good while.. Do you all sleep well ?

I'm usually up between 8-9... I usually have to force myself to go to sleep.. if not..Id be up until 2AM. Sleeping well? Depends on the night. I usually get home between 7-8 so I could never go to bed but 9... ideally wish I could get to 11pm asleep..we shall see
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Hi all:
    I'm Linda, in southern calif, kids all grown and out but grandkids near, so my minpin Tater and 2 chickens are now my pseudo kids.

@Gidgitgoescrazy regarding sleep; think a big aspect of hours is age & work schedule. Once I passed menopause, sleep ability went down the tube. The older, the worse. Now it's melatonin AND 1/2 a Costco sleepaid and it's bedtime around 8, but I get up about 5am to swim/workout before work. With the recent time changes and dark earlier, it's like hibernating.
  • micki48
    Options
    Guys! I must be losing my mind! I just realized I posted โ€œI am 56โ€ in my intro. I am not. I am STILL 55 and will be until next summer. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Darn peri menopause!

@cory17 I am not looking forward to bad sleep post menopause, but some day it will come. Itโ€™s playing games with me for now.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Iโ€™m trying for an 11:30 bedtime, but it often is closer to midnight and 1am on weekends ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. I get up during the week at around 7:15 am. About an hour later on the weekends. I am pretty consistent about getting 7 hours of sleep a night on average. It feels like about the right amount of sleep for me.

Hugs to you for your momma worries. I totally get that. My youngest is 28 and lives about an hour and a half away from me now. He travels a lot for business and I always need him to check in so I know all is well. Glad he has a gf who does some of that for me now. One time he was coming home and hadnโ€™t called. Gf canโ€™t reach him, calls me to see if Iโ€™ve heard from him. Turns out they GPS track each others dream his dot was stationary. Then she saw his dot moving again and pinpointed where he was. Lol. They were in an area with bad service for about an hour or so. Good to have a partner in my worry.

Good luck as your son heads off. He is brave. Iโ€™m going to Mexico and meeting family there in May. My niece from CA is flying here (NC) to fly to Mexico with me so I donโ€™t have to fly alone.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Sleep. Well, I'm well past menopause and have not found any big changes in sleep except during the transition time when I would have some night sweats and things. Drinking always made it worse. Now I tend to sleep very well, and more peacefully than when I was working and had more worries :wink: These days, I'm usually in bed by 11 or so, and up around 7. I wake up a couple of times for the old lady call of nature, but get back to sleep quickly.

For me, diet has a big effect on sleep, though. My heart rate tends to speed up when I have grains or sugar. Caffeine is also a crazy influence for me - I love my morning coffee, but never can touch the stuff after noon or I'm awake for most the night. I like to sleep on a rather empty stomach - not growling, but eating early enough that I'm absolutely ready for breakfast when I get up. I sleep best that way, and I know if I don't wake up hungry that I ate too much the day before.

Once in a while, I have some trouble sleeping and a breathing pattern exercise almost always does the trick. Breathe in for a count of 4, hold for 6 (or more), out for 8, hold for 4. Or if you want to get somewhat drastic, in 4 hold 8, out 4, hold 8. That always works! But I'm a flutist and not everyone can manage the long holds...

I have had a rather lazy day today - a few good walks and one snowshoe short session. Food not too bad, but I'm feeling a bit stuffy and lethargic. Tomorrow morning I'll do a workout before going to pick up my niece to take her away. I love a good day of kidnapping. Adds zest to everything :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options

I'm sending you reassurance that your son is 26, you raised him well, and he has done this and been fine! I have travelled alone for most of my life, and it is one of the best things ever. There is so much to see, so much to learn, and most people everywhere are helpful and kind. Don't let his travels worry you - especially not to death!!! It is lovely that he takes himself on a birthday trip, and he is a big grownup, right?? Take some big deep breaths, and enjoy his travels from afar, mom!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Itโ€™s just past Wednesday but Iโ€™ll put my weight in here (even though weโ€™ve slipped into Thursday) anyway, so the Sarge doesnโ€™t bang on the door!
    193.8 lbs
    Off to bed - more tomorrow! Nighty night.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Its awesome that your son is so confident to travel by himself! I've only done that a few times and it seems like I soak up more scenery and meet new friendly people each time. Somehow it makes the trip even more exciting. As a momma though I understand and I am sure its a little nerve wracking... Im even more nervous when my 21yo son travels with his two best friends... usually that's when there is lots of trouble!!

About sleeping - For 2019, I set a goal the goal to cultivate my sleep. Previously I had the worst sleep habits. Stay up late ~1/2am, work on office projects/emails, clean the house, watch Netflix, soak up some quiet time, and then get up at 7am. On the weekends I would sleep for 10 hours and my back pain was killing me. Oh what horrible habits and under eye bags! That lack of sleep really made me a grouch but I justified it because I was so "productive". This year I set the goal to be asleep by 11pm and to get at least seven hours of sleep every night - but not more than nine. I had to make time for me during the day. I've read tons of articles about sleeping well. I feel like I am getting better at listening to my body and setting up routines that encourage good sleep. Sometimes its hard to get out of bed when I dont have a morning commitment but I know it will pay off for me to stay in a routine.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Here are my steps so far this week:
    12/1: 4,832
    12/2: 9,481
    12/3: 16,295
    12/4: 15,071
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    As usual, time is flying. And it is time for some nagging!

Weigh-ins are overdue!
    @tdrjustus3
    @offitgoes
    @Juliemargaretkim

Due today!
    @cory17

I have to nag myself more, though. I have not been doing too well on my goals this week. Off for many more steps this morning, but my week so far:

9,922 4,320 3,357 5,574

I have not made my step goal since Sunday, and even though I have spent one day driving and am visiting my old man, that is not a good excuse. Today I'm heading into Boston to pick up my niece and then we're all going out to dinner tonight, so this morning I'm going to try to get a good long walk in, and at least a short pilates session. I'm feeling slack. Meh.

So feel free to come by and kick my butt and then be a shining example for me, ok? :smiley:
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My steps for yesterday were 5,804 -

I did good last night, got home walked on the treadmill for about 15 minutes till my foot started hurting, then went and played with my Wii Fit, that I haven't used in 10 years, it wasn't as fun as I remembered, but it kept me off the couch for quite a while, then I started to decorate the tree, then realized I wasn't crazy about it, and want to buy all new ornaments... I think I might try to find a few new ones...

Today I did 25 minutes of yoga this morning with a core boost... Tonight I will do the treadmill, then the 8 min abs and arms video.. and maybe some online shopping, this whole Christmas thing seems to have caught me off guard, and I am behind...
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    know if I don't wake up hungry that I ate too much the day before.

Love what Jugar posted. SO true!!! If your not hungry by 7am, you are too much after 7pm! What a good reminder...should post it in my kitchen!

Steps: 10/4: 10066

โ€”- my step count after 12/13 will be toast. Saaaad Saaaad.

I have a handle but, hope I can stay mentally motivated to do the right things.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sleep: bed by 10. Up at 4:30 or so. Workout started by 5:30. To work 7am or 7:30am

I think for me, sleep is easiest when I have a lite supper at 6 and nothing afterwards.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    CW 211.6 :D
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @reflectionofme I am so sorry your recovery from surgery is not going as well as you would like. Iโ€™ve know two other people who have had it and both of them had difficult and painful recoveries. I sure hope the diuretics work their magic and you are getting rid of that fluid soon. Hope they figure out what is going on quickly and you feel yourself again. Hugs to you. Hang in there. One day soon, it will just be a memory. ๐Ÿ’œ

Thank you micki!

The diuretics are slowly working. The ultrasound showed no blood clots so that is good. Home care came and removed my drains today, thank goodness. The left one is slightly infected but the nurse thinks that polysporin on it for a few days should clear it up. Sitting, walking and even putting on pants is so much easier and enjoyable now with those darn drains. I'm hoping things are going in the right direction now and I'll soon start to feel human again.

• micki48
    Options
    12/4

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 ๐Ÿ•ฆ๐Ÿ โœ… Got 8 hours!!!
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly โœ…
    3) 8,000 steps daily ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโœ… Had over 12,000
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ โœ… 40 minute walk
    5) Post to team daily โœ…
This discussion has been closed.