WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    First December Weigh In: 208.6

It was lower, but given my partying lifestyle this weekend I'm glad it's not much higher. Some of that is water, presumably. I'm going to try hard for Onderland by the end of the year. It's a stretch. Maybe I won't make it. But I'm gonna try anyway.

ONEDERLAND 2020. You are so going to make it! Maybe not for December 30, but really really early in 2020.

I'm coming to Edmonton in January and would love to meet you! As soon as I have a date, I'll let you know. You can help me celebrate my birthday, and I'll help you celebrate getting to onederland. Deal?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Hello again I am Andrea.. from Toronto. 61..

Interesting health challenges this year.. but thanks so much everyone for your support. You’ve spurred me on in my 25 ish pound loss..

I’d like to say I’ll lose in December, but not sure I can commit with all going on here. Should I just cheer you on from sidelines in December @jugar and come back in January?

Did manage to get back to some HIIT this week, had a lot of fun.

Thanks to all the leaders of our team. Best wishes for a good week 1.
  • jugar
    Back to Introductions!

I did this yesterday, but hit "Preview" and forgot to actually post it. Much swearing ensued...

So I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48 and also one of the F2F Moderators. Really that means I am the stats whisperer and keep all the spreadsheets, and get to work with the awesome @Navydaddjtc and @Beka3695 on the challenge in general. I have been on this team for over a year now, and it has really helped me stick with what I need to do to maintain the loss I finally managed almost 8 years ago now. I lost 40 pounds and have stayed right around where I belong, thanks to this team. Maintenance is just about the same as losing! Plan, Log, Move. Learn what sets you off and try to keep it all under control. It doesn't end when you reach the magic number! But your health sure thanks you.

I live in rural Québec, a beautiful forest about 85 miles east of Montreal. I have two amazing kids in their 20s - my daughter is in the Canadian Army (based in Alberta) and my son works nearby and just moved into his own place yesterday (YIKES!!). I have a wonderful cranky taller half (he's 14 inches taller than I am - we are pretty funny looking together), and I am retired after 37 years as a university music prof, with a bunch of years in the upper admin. I'm still a musician but now I have time to play for fun, run around on my snowshoes (you'll get sick of me and my snowshoes...) and figure out what I want to do. After so many years of knowing exactly what had to be done every day, it is both weird and wonderful to have to think about that. Not having to go to Montreal to work is fantastic, but I sometimes miss the hustle and bustle. I have to make my own now - nothing like homemade chaos and excitement :smiley:

This is a terrific team - I love our smarts, humour, honesty, and supportive nature. Some of us have very little to lose, some a lot. We're from all over the place, doing all kinds of things - it's a blast to know you all. :heart:
  • jugar
    Hello again I am Andrea.. from Toronto. 61..

Interesting health challenges this year.. but thanks so much everyone for your support. You’ve spurred me on in my 25 ish pound loss..

I’d like to say I’ll lose in December, but not sure I can commit with all going on here. Should I just cheer you on from sidelines in December @jugar and come back in January?

Did manage to get back to some HIIT this week, had a lot of fun.

Thanks to all the leaders of our team. Best wishes for a good week 1.

Wonderful to see you Andrea! I would be glad to put you on the support team for December if that would work best for you. You would still weigh in if you choose to, but it wouldn't count in the team stats. You are ALWAYS welcome here in the chat to let us know how you're doing, chime in on any discussions, or whatever is good for you. Then in January, I would put you back in the regular team if you still want to do that.

And good on the HIIT! That can be rough to do, but always feels amazing afterwards. You have a great week too, and just let me know if you want to switch to support team or not.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    GOOD MORNINGku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg
    CHALLENGERS AND WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE
    A QUICK INTRO HERE
    I AM GREG AKA @NAVYDADDJTC
    I AM THE GROUP OWNER, MODERATOR AND FITNESS CAPTAIN FOR THE FITNESS WARRIORS

I HAVE TAKEN A STEP FROM THE TEAM CAPTAIN POSITION I HELD TO FOCUS ON THE GROUP AS A WHOLE

A LITTLE ABOUT ME
    MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARCIE KATHLEEN 30+YEARS, 2 SONS
    I AM A DISABLED COMBAT VET SERVING 2 TOURS IN VIETNAM AS A MILITARY WAR DOG HANDLER WITH THE US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (NAVY SEALS, MARINE RECON AND THE ARMY GREEN BERET) I HANDLED SHADOWX-117 FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL HE WAS KIA ON OUR 2ND TOUR IN NAM DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON IN APRIL OF 75. AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THE VICTIM OF A WELL PLACE BOBBY TRAP WHICH COST ME THE LOWER PORTION OF MY RIGHT CALF AND MY RIGHT FOOT. SO GOES THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION OF WAR AND WE MOVE FORWARD FROM THERE WITH A LOT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY.

I HAVE BEEN A WARRIOR FROM THE GET GO. I JOINED IN 2016 TOOK A SMALL BREAK AND CAME BACK AFTER GETTING A NEW PROSTHETIC TO WORKOUT ON AND WALK WITH.

AS WE APPROACH THE HOLIDAY SEASON I WOULD LIKE ALL OF THE ku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGERS TO BE AWARE OF THE CALORIES THAT WE ARE GOING TO CONSUME AND BE MINDFUL THAT IT WON'T DETER US FROM OUR GOALS AS A TEAM AND AS A PERSON.

AS Aku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGER I AM GOING TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR TEAM,THE MODERATORS AND YOU.
    PARTICIPATE IN THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE, THE GROUP CHALLENGE AND YOUR TEAM CHALLENGE. THESE CHALLENGES ARE COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY; HOWEVER IT CONQUERS 2 THINGS... YOU MEET AND CHAT WITH OTHER CHALLENGERS AND YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU.
    LET’S HAVE A GREAT DECEMBER CHALLENGE WITH OF LOT OF WEIGHT LOSSES AND FUN TIMES’
    GREG
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Week 1 Challenge: Sharing is Caring Brought to you by team Mission Slimpossibles!! :)
    Please post in your groups and pop over to the challenge thread and post there as well so we can all get to know each other better!!

Week One: Sharing Is Caring

x4g99172oaav.png

SHARING SUNDAY
    I joined Fat 2 Fit because I love the idea of challenges and working together as a group toward our goals. Being involved with my team Mission Slimpossibles has been so much fun and so motivating. I love how my team truly cares about each other and does their best to always be so supportive. :)
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    SHARING SUNDAY
    😁😁I joined Fat2Fit because although Ive been successful in the past, I need the community aspect to get off these lbs that have managed to come back! 🤬,I realize that I can't do it on my own. Being accountable is very motivating and this group is extremely supportive. This month I will finally get back on track!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    "jugar A huge welcome to my sistah!!!!! @evelynladams527 it will be fantastic having you on board. We'll try not to drive everyone too crazy, ok? Feel free to come and hang out on the November chat thread until Sunday if you want.

Hi! Thanks for the great welcome and for the instructions on how to use this site. Some of it's not very intuitive!
    I'll post my intro shortly. It's good to be here!
    :smile:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    First December Weigh In: 208.6

It was lower, but given my partying lifestyle this weekend I'm glad it's not much higher. Some of that is water, presumably. I'm going to try hard for Onderland by the end of the year. It's a stretch. Maybe I won't make it. But I'm gonna try anyway.

ONEDERLAND 2020. You are so going to make it! Maybe not for December 30, but really really early in 2020.

I'm coming to Edmonton in January and would love to meet you! As soon as I have a date, I'll let you know. You can help me celebrate my birthday, and I'll help you celebrate getting to onederland. Deal?

We'll see if the weather cooperates! It's not too bad of a drive to Edmonton but the highway can get scary in winter. =P

I would love to celebrate your birthday with you. :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Intro and Sharing Sunday
    Hi I'm Pearl. I joined MFP February 2019. I successfully lost 40lbs over the first 5/6 months but have struggled since then, gaining and losing the same couple of lbs over and over again. So I'm back this month with a good plan and in the right head space. I joined MFP as part of a group of friends trying to get healthier, but I think I was the only one who stuck to it this long (and kept the weight off). MFP and calorie counting just works for me.
    So here's to a successful December.
    Welcome all newbies, good luck <3<3<3
  • jugar

We'll see if the weather cooperates! It's not too bad of a drive to Edmonton but the highway can get scary in winter.
    I would love to celebrate your birthday with you. :)

My daughter is in Wainwright - a couple of hours away on route 14. Are you in that direction? I'll send you an email, so we don't have to bore everyone with our planning! But if we get together, there will be hilarious photos, guaranteed :wink:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Hi team Waistaways!
    I'm a massage therapist in Vermont going to school to become a PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) for my "retirement" job. I doubt there'll be much retirement activity in my household before my mid-70s so, might as well choose a profession with less wear and tear on the bod. My sister Liselyn (aka @jugar) has been trying to get me to this group for a while and it never seemed to be the right time, until now. I've seen so many amazing changes she's made and know that it's my turn to take better care of myself and see what I can do to make my body feel better as I age. I used to be the one in the family (youngest of 3) who wouldn't compete to save my neck. I was usually the first to succumb to drowning myself in comfort food and rising to the top of "Couch Potatodom" (a new word for Sunday).
    I'm married to a person who is 6'2" (to my 5'2") and a good cook. "Which plate is mine?" I'll ask. "It doesn't matter - they're the same". . . ah...actually, it *does* matter. This is how I went up 30 pounds since we got together 3 years ago. Ugh.Seeing it in print makes me really aware of the work ahead of me. I'm glad you'll be here to help! I'd much rather help you with your goals and challenges, believe me.

For December, I will:
    1. weigh my servings each meal
    2. enter my food into the MFP calendar every day.
    2. I will listen to the hypnosis review from the "great American smoke-out" I attended, which also has a helpful reminder about reasonable food intake.
    3. I want to lose 5 pounds by the end of December. My starting weight is 193 (ish - I can't remember if there's a .5 in there or not from the other day). Maybe my memory will improve when I have less bulk to lug around. It's challenging to be kind to myself about the extra weight and I hope you'll be able to help me keep moving forward and not get stuck in the self-recrimination-swamp.
    Thanks in advance!
    Evelyn (Ev or Evie)
  • jugar
    See? It is true! My sister @evelynladams527 is here! Help me keep her on track, but also enjoy her fabulous knowledge. She and I share the tall partner problem (mine is 6'3" to my 5'1") and boy howdy, can they eat more than we should. It is SO tempting to join in. So, we share the pain. Five pounds in December? I'll bet she can do it!!
  • jugar
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Intro and Sharing Sunday
    Hi I'm Pearl. I joined MFP February 2019. I successfully lost 40lbs over the first 5/6 months but have struggled since then, gaining and losing the same couple of lbs over and over again. So I'm back this month with a good plan and in the right head space. I joined MFP as part of a group of friends trying to get healthier, but I think I was the only one who stuck to it this long (and kept the weight off). MFP and calorie counting just works for me.
    So here's to a successful December.
    Welcome all newbies, good luck <3<3<3

This is so good to hear. Slack periods happen. When they end, progress starts again and it is AMAZING how well they make you feel. Stick with it when things get stuck! It is the only way to get UNstuck! Yep, here's to a successful December.
  • Andreabroadley
    Nice to meet you Ev, @evelynladams527 This is a very great group, in large part, thanks to your sister! Go for it!
  • Andreabroadley
    @jugar, thanks for your post. I am doing fine. Stil have the tremour which is a bit crazy-making but I am just going to push along. I am well enough to go to HIIT, so I plan to go twice this week. The tremour is really not that bad. Seems to be maybe diminishing..

I do think it is unlikely I will lose weight. I am at 156 right now compared to last week at 155.6. So I will cheer this month and come back next. I will focus on not going above 157.

Go Team Go!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi friends! Sorry I've not been around as much. Spending time with my family the last few days. It's been fun, but time to get back on track. I've been reading all the posts and recording steps. Glad everyone seems to have a plan to have a fabulous December. This time of year is really challenging, but with all your inspiration, I feel we will all be on the right track.

So, I wanted to do a quick report on our step challenge. Our week 3 winners are as follows:

1st - @steph1498 80,863 steps
    2nd - @fourathomej 73,393
    3rd - @Shexio 70,000

Our total steps this week were 583,839

Week 4

1st - @eyezbydiana 70,620
    2nd - @fourathomej 58,228
    3rd - @jugar 53,764

Total steps reported 316,003

In November, our amazing step team walked 1,995,424 steps!!!!!!! That translates to 873 miles or 1405km That is amazing.

Ok, a confession and request. I did not get week 3 completed and reported because I was missing so many daily steps and I was waiting to hear from our teammates. Then, the holiday shenanigans got going and I never got back to it until now. I have closed out week 4 stats with a lot of blanks. Thanks to those whose steps I have. So that concludes my confession.

My request as we move into December is to please get your steps in by Sunday at noon each week. I will move forward with the stats and close out the week each Sunday. Hopefully, that will enable me to give you the winners in a timely fashion. So glad to have you all stepping and inspiring us with your incredible numbers.

With that said, WHO WANTS TO BE ON THE DECEMBER STEPPING TEAM????????? Here we go.

1. micki48
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    edited December 2019
    DAILY CHECK IN Sunday 12/1/19
    1) ✅Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    In bed at 11:24... but tomorrow I hope to not be on my phone while in bed this late
    2) ✅Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days.
    3) ✅Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) ✅10,000 steps daily
    5) ✅Post on here daily

@micki48
    Count me into the step challenge 😁
    Steps 12/1: 11,324
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 count me in for the steps challenge in December!
    To start the week here are my steps for 12/1: 4,877
    Its a slow start but I will make up for it soon. It was very helpful to have this accountability last month. My average daily steps in November was 11,875 which was higher than October!
This discussion has been closed.