WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hi friends! Sorry I've not been around as much. Spending time with my family the last few days. It's been fun, but time to get back on track. I've been reading all the posts and recording steps. Glad everyone seems to have a plan to have a fabulous December. This time of year is really challenging, but with all your inspiration, I feel we will all be on the right track.

So, I wanted to do a quick report on our step challenge. Our week 3 winners are as follows:

1st - @steph1498 80,863 steps
    2nd - @fourathomej 73,393
    3rd - @Shexio 70,000

Our total steps this week were 583,839

Week 4

1st - @eyezbydiana 70,620
    2nd - @fourathomej 58,228
    3rd - @jugar 53,764

Total steps reported 316,003

In November, our amazing step team walked 1,995,424 steps!!!!!!! That translates to 873 miles or 1405km That is amazing.

Ok, a confession and request. I did not get week 3 completed and reported because I was missing so many daily steps and I was waiting to hear from our teammates. Then, the holiday shenanigans got going and I never got back to it until now. I have closed out week 4 stats with a lot of blanks. Thanks to those whose steps I have. So that concludes my confession.

My request as we move into December is to please get your steps in by Sunday at noon each week. I will move forward with the stats and close out the week each Sunday. Hopefully, that will enable me to give you the winners in a timely fashion. So glad to have you all stepping and inspiring us with your incredible numbers.

With that said, WHO WANTS TO BE ON THE DECEMBER STEPPING TEAM????????? Here we go.

1. micki48
    2. @evangsimmons170

Thanks for all you do for the team.

12/1 steps = 12,745

@evangsimmons170
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Wheew.... I was so confused, I was like where did everyone go ? Why am I not getting any notifications, did EVERYONE give up ? Then it dawned on me it's December ! Okay, so now that I've admitted my duhhh moment..

Hi Everyone, I'm Vikki, I'm 48 and am looking to lose 50lbs, Its not going very well, I have the hardest time on weekends.. I get lazy, and snack alot... I usually don't even track, or if I do it's not accurate... anyway, the month of December is where that will change ! My goal is to log every thing, regardless... I have a huge trip planned in May of next year, and I know I won't lose all 50lbs by then, but if I could get to 150 by then, I will be ecstatic ! So that would be 31lbs...

My goals for Dec are
    Yoga 7 days per week
    Walking 20 min per day
    Strength 4 days per week
    Log everything I eat...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    I was just over on the week 1 challenge
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10774199/week-1-group-challenge-sharing-is-caring-mission-slimpossibles#latest
    There are a lot of good love letters to our teams over there, and today is
    MOTIVATION MONDAY

I think this is especially important for December. The days are shorter and shorter, except for our F2F members down under. The holidays make home, delicious food, family, sitting all wrapped up in warm blankets, and all that lovely stuff really important. It IS important. But so are our goals to give ourselves the gift of improved health and fitness. This month, writing down our goals and meticulously checking them off (THAT is a fun reward!) will help balance the days we decide to enjoy the warm fuzzies and delicious foods.

I have been really sloppy the past week, and today I am officially pulling up my socks.
    u9v9mjmqfvfe.png
    • I will get back to REAL logging. I have been faking it... And PRE-logging so that I don't have to fake it. Once it is in there, I have to do it.
    • I will do some de-cluttering every day that I am at home
    • I will copy and upload all those danged sound files I have been ignoring. Don't ask. But I have to do it. One a day.

One line from a post on another team has stuck with me, and I think we could think of ways to make it real. It was quoted from James Clear's book or website (check it out).
    The practice (habit) is the identity. You are a runner, a musician, a non-smoker, a person becoming fitter every day.
    Whatever it is - don't say that you will be, say that you are. Then you practice it every day.
    Even if that practice is small. If you run 5 minutes a day, you are a runner.

What is your identity? How are you going to practice it?
  • jugar
    Options
    OH! And I will keep counting steps!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    Some weigh-ins are due: (or I missed them due to brain malfunction)

@Safari_Gal_
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Thanks!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals for December. I'm focusing on the process, not the outcome. I believe if I do that, the outcome will take care of itself. Plus, the process is what I struggle with the most; that is the #1 reason I'm not getting the results I want.

PRAY/FAST DAILY
    15,000 STEPS/DAY
    64+ OZ OF WATER/DAY
    6+ HOURS OF SLEEP/NIGHT
    60+ MINUTES OF EXERCISE/DAY

Plus I want to log all my intake everyday more accurately and post here at least 4-5 times a week.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sorry did not get my last week in for Nov. Want to do steps for Dec and promise to have stats in on time.
    12/1 Sunday 3,464
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    GUYS

I won the unofficial Best Female Dancer award at my company Xmas party. :blush:

Probably because husband and I did the Gangnam Style dance together. Or remembering the dance for Apache by Sugarhill Gang.

Oh gosh.

Embarrassing!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    GUYS

Probably because husband and I did the Gangnam Style dance together. Or remembering the dance for Apache by Sugarhill Gang.

Oh gosh.

Embarrassing!

This is not embarrassing. It is mystifying. You'll have to provide documentation. We really need to see this!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here are my goals for December. I'm focusing on the process, not the outcome. I believe if I do that, the outcome will take care of itself. Plus, the process is what I struggle with the most; that is the #1 reason I'm not getting the results I want.

PRAY/FAST DAILY
    15,000 STEPS/DAY
    64+ OZ OF WATER/DAY
    6+ HOURS OF SLEEP/NIGHT
    60+ MINUTES OF EXERCISE/DAY

Plus I want to log all my intake everyday more accurately and post here at least 4-5 times a week.

It is wonderful to see you back in action for YOU. For the past while, you have been working, working, working - and not taking care of our wonderful Rhonda. Good for you to include yourself in your practice of care! If you are not getting the results, it is because you are not doing the practice. For you. And if you are taken care of, all the other caring can happen! :heart:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    GUYS

Oh gosh.

Embarrassing!

This is not embarrassing. It is mystifying. You'll have to provide documentation. We really need to see this!!!!

I don't think there's video. We'll see if any pictures turn up. :D

I only know how to dance like a doof. I can do some silly dances I saw on YouTube and then like, the sprinkler. XD
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Ev, @evelynladams527 This is a very great group, in large part, thanks to your sister! Go for it!

Thanks, @Andrea! My sister is a powerful influence, for sure. I'm hoping to get myself settled in soon. The semester will be over soon and that'll help me focus on eating patterns, etc.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have a love/hate relationship of keeping track of my food on MFP. It's great to see everything on the lists and how it'll contribute to my weight loss in x-amount of weeks...cheesecake really makes those numbers rise instead of fall. What the heck!
    OK so, I weighed some of my food yesterday and today but when sitting down for a late lunch/early supper (& watching an animated movie), managed to eat additional food which I didn't weigh or measure for that matter.
    I guess eating regular meals at the table will be in order for the rest of the month!
    I'll be listening to the 15-minute hypnosis mp3 before bed.
    There's one thing I'm pleased about and that is I get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep. I realized that my body needs that time to recuperate after giving 4+ hours of massage (only 2 days per week) and now it's a daily habit. Sometimes, I even wear my NodPod eye pillow to block out extra light. It also helps keep my eyelids closed so I don't have any trouble with drying out my eyes while sleeping.
    So, onwards. I'll be heading to the warm PT pool in the morning.
    have a good night, y'all.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    DAILY CHECK IN Sunday 12/1/19
    1) ✅Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    In bed at 11:24... but tomorrow I hope to not be on my phone while in bed this late
    2) ✅Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days.
    3) ✅Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) ✅10,000 steps daily
    5) ✅Post on here daily

@micki48
    Count me into the step challenge 😁
    Steps 12/1: 11,324

@eyezbydiana Glad to have you continuing on the step team. You are crushing your goals. Off to a great start. I did not get to bed before midnight. 😯😴 Way to start the week with those steps!!! Go mighty girl. 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️💪🏼
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 count me in for the steps challenge in December!
    To start the week here are my steps for 12/1: 4,877
    Its a slow start but I will make up for it soon. It was very helpful to have this accountability last month. My average daily steps in November was 11,875 which was higher than October!

@Steph1498 Happy to have you returning to the step team as well. You were an amazing leader last month and kudos to you on that incredible step average last month. 💪🏼💪🏼🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🎉🎉
  • micki48
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

1. micki48
    2. @evangsimmons170

Thanks for all you do for the team.

12/1 steps = 12,745

@evangsimmons170

Rhonda, so glad to have you stepping with us again. Your goal of 15,000 steps a day is wonderful and inspiring. I like your focus on process. Process will yield results for sure. Glad to see you making yourself a priority. Thanks for the appreciation. 🥰
    jugar wrote: »
    OH! And I will keep counting steps!

I knew you’d be with us😃. With all those snowshoeing steps you’ll be way up there.
    offitgoes wrote: »
    @micki48 Sorry did not get my last week in for Nov. Want to do steps for Dec and promise to have stats in on time.
    12/1 Sunday 3,464

@offitgoes No worries about steps last week. It was busy for many of us. Glad you will be with us on our step team for December. I know you’ll do great. Do you have a daily goal you’re working toward?

• micki48
    Options
    What is your identity? How are you going to practice it?

I am a person who is focused on improving my health and my BMI. I am a loser (of weight).

I weigh and log my food. I am an exerciser. I get 150 minutes of exercise a week. I drink 64+ ounces of water a day. I check in with my team to offer and get support, to be inspired and be inspiring, and to learn new habits for reaching my goals.

Last call for anyone else interested in our team step challenge.

1. micki48
    2. @evangsimmons170
    3. @eyezbydiana
    4. @Steph1498
    5. @jugar
    6. @offitgoes
  • micki48
    Options
    12/1

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ❌ It was after midnight. 😐
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼❌
    5) Post on team thread daily 🎉✅
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    DAILY CHECK IN Monday 12/2/19
    1) ✅Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    In bed at 11:30 but yet again didn't put the phone away until now...11:52
    2) ✅Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days....ugly day today
    3) ✅Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) ❌10,000 steps daily
    5) ✅Post on here daily

Steps @micki48
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Didn't do great last night, was so super tired when I got home, apparently when I am tired I get snackie ... Got today started off right though, 20 min of yoga done..
  • jugar
    Options
    Yesterday was fairly good for my goals, with a minor corn chip infraction last evening - within calories and before hopping on the exercise bike, but not a great idea...

I worked on my project a tiny bit, but that's better than none.
    I practiced.
    I did some de-cluttering.
    I pre-logged everything except those chips.

I'm on my way down to Massachusetts today to visit my old man. There has been some good snow down there so I'll bring along the snowshoes and take the dog on an excursion! I love his dog - she is quite a blast for going out on excursions. Sometimes I just have to get out of the house!
This discussion has been closed.