• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi All- sorry I’ve been MIA -
    My weigh in -
    PW- 141.0
    CW- 140.5
    Loss - .5

Wrapping up loose ends this week and then will be in Europe for the rest of the month and a bit of January. I’ll stick with the diet throughout my journey. Hopefully I’ll be down when I get back. But so long as I maintain,
    I’ll be happy.

Wow! Where in Europe? Keep us up with the travel reports so we can live vicariously, ok?

Thanks @jugar !!

My husband is from Italy // so we will be there a while - we have a flat in Venice for a week — then we are driving through Austria - Germany - France for a while —then going to Switzerland to hideout in the Alps and revitalize. So much to do before we leave. Though I won’t be weighing in — I’ll be staying on diet and watching intake! My only real splurge is wine and I really want Swiss chocolate hehe

😉
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @Terytha Get the tiara. 👸🏻 That is amazing!!! I would totally wear that. You will look great in it and it will make you feel amazing I’m sure. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

@Safari_Gal_ Have a great trip and please do share photos if you can. Keep up the great work. Enjoy!

@eyezbydiana How are you doing, friend? Here it is 11:37pm and I’m up. But headed to bed. Hope your day was great. Check in.

@AmyRobF How was the gym today? Hope it went well.

I was ok today. Was under my calories, but used up some exercise calories to do it. I feel like my calories are high. Got my 8k+ steps but no workout other than chasing an 18 month old for 10 hours. But that is a lot. Had wine and cheese and one cookie. Hope to have lower calories tomorrow.

Talk to you all later.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    @terytha That Tiara is awesome, I say you get it and wear it while you are slamming those balls !!! I feel ya on the anger though, I'm that way right now too, and I don't get why, I'm just eeerrrgggg, but I did Yoga and even some Pilates this morning and it makes me feel better..

I'm not so much sure it's anger, it may just be negativity, but something is definitely off so I am also not worrying about being so strict, which is kinda funny because yesterday I think I've done better than I did all week, my husband ran errands after work and offered to stop and bring home fast food, but I declined, and just ate a turkey wrap...

I didn't exercise last night, but I did work on what will be my sons room, my daughter moved rooms, and she left 11 years of crap in there, so I had to sort that for donations verse trash... It's hard getting rid of stuff that has memories.. She had the entire collection of Bewitched shows on videos, her and my mom used to watch them all day long when she would baby sit her in the summers, so she bought her the set once she was to old to be babysat anymore... So that was hard to put in the donate pile..

My son comes home on the 21st, and the room is no where near ready, we are waiting for the painter to give us a date, and once he paints, I can get the room set up in no time, but it's starting to give me anxiety and my husband won't bug the painter like I want him too... lol

I decided to add pilates to my morning routine, I am starting small so today was only 6 minutes, I forgot how hard those roll ups were, I did manage 3 though... lol

Okay enough rambling... Have a great day
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    My weigh in -
    PW- 141.0
    CW- 140.5
    Loss - .5

Wrapping up loose ends this week and then will be in Europe for the rest of the month and a bit of January. I’ll stick with the diet throughout my journey. Hopefully I’ll be down when I get back. But so long as I maintain,
    I’ll be happy.

Wow! Where in Europe? Keep us up with the travel reports so we can live vicariously, ok?

Thanks @jugar !!

My husband is from Italy // so we will be there a while - we have a flat in Venice for a week — then we are driving through Austria - Germany - France for a while —then going to Switzerland to hideout in the Alps and revitalize. So much to do before we leave. Though I won’t be weighing in — I’ll be staying on diet and watching intake! My only real splurge is wine and I really want Swiss chocolate hehe

😉

Have an absolutely fabulous time ! Share some pics please... safe travels...
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    PW: 135.0
    CW: 134.7

OK -- funny story! The day after I "came back" from MIA, and the day after I posted that 135.0, I weighed in (I know I know --never weigh in daily, but right now it's motivating me...) and I was 135.7! WHAT? So, even though it's just a little loss on the record, that 134.7 is a whole pound in just a couple of days. What mindful eating, doing poweryoga (sweat everyday!), and finishing up grading will do for you.

Thanks for the shout outs @jugar and @micki48 -- I am extremely motivated right now. I have looked back at the year graph that MFP makes available, and it's striking that pretty much I have stayed in the same "5 lb." interval ALL YEAR! Mostly between 130 and 135, with a few "dips" into the 120's -- my husband says it's because I have more muscle, but I truly believe I can get into those low 120's and that this time next year, I will be saying my "interval" was between 120 and 125. Always have a goal -- that's what I tell my students....

I won't wax "end of year" stuff yet -- but 2020 is going to be a pretty big year for me I think (retirement? New endeavors?) and I need to be at fighting weight! LOL! Grades due Friday at noon -- but I hope to be done tonight -- and then it's straight on to Christmas. Those rum balls sound very dangerous @Terytha ! I want some now!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    My weigh in -
    PW- 141.0
    CW- 140.5
    Loss - .5

I’ll be happy.

Thanks @jugar !!

😉

That sounds like a wonderful trip, but the prep is tough! I'll move you to the support team until you get back - just be sure to let me know when you're ready to start stepping on the scales again. In the meantime, send updates when you can! Bring your rubber boots for Venice, and visit the Guggenheim there for me, ok? There are things there I could stare at all day.
  • jugar
    happy hump day!

A few more Wednesday weigh-ins should be rolling in today -
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

@juliemargaretkim it is so good to hear and feel your enthusiasm and new goals. Having retired from the university teaching gig I can highly recommend the life without end of semester crunch! Mind you, it took me time to adjust to the feeling that there are no deadlines, no job telling me what has to be done - I'm still adjusting to that - but it is such a pleasure to have the stress load lightened considerably. And I moved my weight target zone down since retiring too, and so far it is sitting well. You can get there - or at least increase dips into the 120s. I find it takes a long period of adjustment to each 5 pound increment when you're down near the goal zone. You'll make it!

@Gidgitgoescrazy wow - it sounds like you have quite the project going. I have been looking at my daughter's former room for ages (she moved out something like 8 years ago!). She took away most of the stuff, and we got rid of a lot of things when she moved, but there is still a lot that could be out of there. It is so hard - as you say, many of the things have no particular value to anyone else, but they sure hold memories. It is great that your son will take it over, though - rope him into helping when he gets there if you aren't done yet! Don't try to be magic mama 100%. They need to get in there and get to work too if possible. But when you're done, you can come up here and help me, ok? My son just moved out recently, so now I have TWO rooms to turn into something else... A guest room and a sewing room? A guest room and a gym room? I would love to get the exercise equipment out of my music room. You've got me thinking now...

@cory17 - don't worry! take some deep breaths, and let us know how you're doing :smile:
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    PW: 174
    CW: 175.4
    No shocker there. Ate way too much sugar. Going for more fruits instead of the candy.

Steps
    Sun 3,644
    Mon 11,350
    Tues 4,417
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member

I decided to add pilates to my morning routine, I am starting small so today was only 6 minutes, I forgot how hard those roll ups were, I did manage 3 though... lol

Ok. You’ve inspired me. I will try to get some Pilates in, even if it’s only a short routine.
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »

Ok. You’ve inspired me. I will try to get some Pilates in, even if it’s only a short routine.
    micki48 wrote: »

Getting pilates in every day is fabulous. Even today. It was all about the Teaser. Really hard, but so cool to finally know what the heck it is, and some of the ways to do it. A short routine for sure, but yikes! Amazing.
  • jugar
    HEADS UP!
    Still 2 more Wednesday weigh-ins due, and one for tomorrow:
    @fourathomej
    @evelynladams527
    @cory17

send me numbers :mrgreen:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Morning team!
    I need some advice and I'm hoping someone here can shed some insight.
    I am suffering with terrible constipation (sorry TMI in the morning). I've had this problem in my previous MFP round (when losing weight successfully) but it cleared up then by adding chia seeds to my diet. This time, no luck. I'm getting cramps and bloating and quite uncomfortable.
    I'm avoiding the doctor as I know they'll suggest laxatives which I prefer to avoid if I can.
    Looking at my macros, I'm genererally slightly over carbs and slightly under fats. My fibre is consistently under goal.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks team!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Morning team!
    I am suffering with terrible constipation (sorry TMI in the morning). I've had this problem in my previous MFP round (when losing weight successfully) but it cleared up then by adding chia seeds to my diet. This time, no luck. I'm getting cramps and bloating and quite uncomfortable.
    I'm avoiding the doctor as I know they'll suggest laxatives which I prefer to avoid if I can.
    Looking at my macros, I'm genererally slightly over carbs and slightly under fats. My fibre is consistently under goal.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks team!

I find that fiber is the macro I need to have at goal, I shoot for 25-30 grams every day, I can go low on one day but if I do it for like 3 days in a row, I get the same issues you are having.. but for some odd reason if I get constipated, all I have to do is eat some chocolate, milk chocolate, not dark.. I don't know why that works for me, but it does.. I hope you get some relief soon..
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Did really good yesterday also, I think I need to be nicer to myself, and understand that I don't have to beat myself up when I eat something I shouldn't... I normally get really mad at myself if I ate some chocolate and then I'd think oh well you messed this day up, may as well have some more.. so I'd have a little binge.... well since I decided not to be so worry about it, I've had little treats and just logged them, and managed to stay under calorie. and to not feel guilty about it.. Why is it so hard to be kind to myself when I have little blips.. I have to keep this up, because I've been doing great the past 3 days, and I feel good, and it hasn't bothered me that everyday I've had 2 chocolate covered pretzels, and a candy cane... ugh.. my motto for 2020 will be, be kind to myself...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Morning team!
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks team!

If upping fiber doesn't work (it makes my life worse) then try to increase fats. Fats kind of help things... slide along.

Personally I just pop into the drugstore for Senakot or Miralax.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2019

Weigh in: 103.8 !!! Woohooo!!!

Steps:
    12/11: 8485
    12/10: 11307

Surgery tomorrow at 7am
    Goal for this life’s chapter: no weight gain. Prove just because your foot can’t be used. It doesn’t mean you have a free pass to not workout. The rest of your body is ready to go!!!

I’m so far behind on your posts. I hope one day to catch up and read and respond. That day is not today.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    fourathomej
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148.4

Sorry I'm late - such a busy day yesterday. Still finishing up the Christmas shopping. UUHHGG
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    STEPS:
    12/8 - 12373
    12/9 - 12297
    12/10 - 16528
    12/11 - 11874
  • jugar
    Morning team!
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks team!

I agree with others that fibre fibre fibre is really helpful, but I know for some people that does not work, especially if you change it too fast. But if chia seeds have helped in the past, then it seems to me that fibre might be helpful for you. I also get this problem something terrible if eating too much animal protein, especially if with lower carb. I am the worst candidate for paleo type diets ever. Legumes are amazing. Lentils are easy to cook, make fabulous soups, etc. Red lentils go well in just about anything. And if vegetables are most of your source of fibre (rather than grains) that can help a lot too. Experiment! I hope it works... NOTHING is more uncomfortable.
  • jugar
    Shexio wrote: »

Weigh in: 103.8 !!! Woohooo!!!

Steps:
    12/11: 8485
    12/10: 11307

Surgery tomorrow at 7am
    Goal for this life’s chapter: no weight gain. Prove just because your foot can’t be used. It doesn’t mean you have a free pass to not workout. The rest of your body is ready to go!!!

I’m so far behind on your posts. I hope one day to catch up and read and respond. That day is not today.

Good luck tomorrow! And really, don't sweat it if you put on a little bit of weight. You are already seriously tiny! Rest well, and take great care of yourself. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.