• eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Sorry Ive been so MIA this week
    Current weight : 213 😔
    @jugar
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My weigh in on Wednesday was 193.3 which is technically down a wee bit from last week. I'll take it. It could be a fluke or perhaps, a trend. That's what I'm aiming for!
    Steps 12/8 3,200; 12/9 2,280; 12/10 2,073; 12/11 2,550; 12/12 2,722; 12/13 1,377; 12/14 2,230
    My semester work is done until the middle of January! Now to get on the stick with the rest of music preparation for concerts next weekend (12/20 and 12/21). I've sung with Full Circle for 29 years. E-gads, that makes me feel old!
    Both of my daughters visited between last and this week (different days) and I'm pleasantly worn out. Tomorrow will have some more walking, giving a massage, and attending uplifting musical services. I look forward to spending more time with you all. Have a good night!

All right! Down a half pound - not to sneeze at, not at all. Thanks for checking in, and hoping to see you both in person and here! WTG
  • jugar
    Sorry Ive been so MIA this week
    Current weight : 213 😔
    @jugar

So good to see you - I'll bet it has been crazy, but we get it. I'm sure you'll be able to fill us in soon. Take some deep breaths, enjoy something beautiful, and don't get discouraged, ok? You'll get back on track!
  • jugar
    Last 2 to go! @Gidgitgoescrazy and @evangsimmons170

See you all tomorrow!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Yooooo HOOOOOOOOOO!

A few more numbers needed:
    @evelynladams527

Hiya!
    I'm still a bit fuzzy on how to be sure you're seeing my posts. Did you get my weigh-in for this week? 193.3 makes me sound like a radio station
    thanks for the reminders and all. I plan to be online more often to keep up with everyone.
    if there're tips and tricks you recommend for me to figure this out a little faster, it might help. thanks!
    have a good night.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Last 2 to go! @Gidgitgoescrazy and @evangsimmons170

See you all tomorrow!

@evangsimmons170

CW: 344.6
    PW: 342.2

Lots of fluid retention this week. At one point, I had hit 349 during the week. Thank God for my diuretic blood pressure pills and drinking lots of water.😃
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Saturday was horribly painful. Pain meds didn’t touch anything until about 5pm. Then by 8 I was out. Another pain pill around 11p and slept until 4a.

That felt so good!

20steps yesterday. Mine don’t need to count. Just a funny number.

Today we have church. Prince Charming thinks we can go to Walmart. Oh, and we found a used Scooter 🛴 !!! I’ll Ikr that once I’m not doubled over in pain from my ankle. Totally afraid to move some times.

Wish I could stretch. Maybe later today.... but really I haven’t felt like moving.

I’m watching my portions. Getting in 72+ water. I Might get coffee today!!!!
    And I have no desire to move.

Prince Charming has now had 2 days of what it’s like to be the meal prep coordinator in the house. I have to say, he isn’t too fond of it. He will ask me, what’s for supper? And I’m like, no clue, what do you feel like cooking. It is amazing how much thought you have to put in daily to “what to cook”.

Okay, I’m going to try to move. Wish me luck.

• jugar
    Good morning!
    @Shexio - great to hear you're hanging in there. I hope the pain stays under control and you can enjoy some coffee.

@evelynladams527 you did right and I got your radio frequency! All set until next Wednesday.

@evangsimmons170 - thanks! I hope your water recedes and you are feeling better - hugs flying your way :heart:

There's a blizzard-like storm this morning with wild winds and snow. I'm hoping the internet will keep going until tallies are done...
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48 Steps
    Saturday 10,016
  • jugar
    Done!
    Well, our team did not do too stunningly well this week, but your team captains and motivator all hit the top 3! It maybe shows that having to get in here and post often helps :wink:

Congrats to top 3!
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @jugar

I'm sure that the step numbers will tell a great story - be sure to put them in, however modest they may be!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS THE WEEK 2 TALLIES FOR THE GROUP ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

gnwfpp1p72kz.png

edbmb6j4cd0z.png

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Fitness Warriors 0.63%
    INDIVIDUAL % Mulecanter 3.28%
    TEAM LBS LOST Fitness Warriors 32.5
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Mulecanter 6.8

As a whole we lost 63.2 pounds or 0.26%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Fitness Warriors 0.63%
    2nd Weight No More 0.37%
    3rd Trimstones 0.25%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Fitness Warriors 32.5
    2nd Weight No More 12.8
    3rd Trimstones 9.1

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Mulecanter 3.28%
    2nd @SLIMN2016 3.09%
    3rd @kirsten11872 2.63%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Mulecanter 6.8
    2nd @SLIMN2016 5.2
    3rd @robynleegetsfit 4.8

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Krystalkayefisher
    @Tami_H
    @robynleegetsfit
    @raleighgirl09
    @KathynDes
    @kmargut
    @Luciicul
    @DanielleInProgress
    @Kbrad2325
    pieyz95va6iy.png

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Good morning everyone! This week’s group challenge is brought to you by team Weight No More. It is a simple daily challenge about starting to define your 2020 goals and how to get there. The daily themes are posted on the Week 3 challenge thread.

d6v3czi50gfi.jpeg
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Week 3 weigh in: 205.4

Doing ok for now. :)
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 steps update
    12/12: 18,629
    12/13: 8,319
    12/14: 12,917

This weeks steps were better due to the Christmas markets here! The steps were high and so were my calories - its really hard to resist the warm mulled wine, chocolates and nougat....
  • jugar
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 steps update
    12/12: 18,629
    12/13: 8,319
    12/14: 12,917

This weeks steps were better due to the Christmas markets here! The steps were high and so were my calories - its really hard to resist the warm mulled wine, chocolates and nougat....

Great job on the steps! You had to go and mention mulled wine, though. There's a blizzard out there, well, at least a super windy day with intermittent wild bursts of snow, and some mulled wine would be really fine on a day like this! Luckily, I am NOT going anywhere off the property today, so I guess I'm safe. A girl can dream, though, right? :blush:
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    I need some help from anyone who loves to use the elliptical machines at the gym. Why do my toes goes numb after 5 minutes? Are there any tricks to prevent this?
  • jugar
    I need some help from anyone who loves to use the elliptical machines at the gym. Why do my toes goes numb after 5 minutes? Are there any tricks to prevent this?
    That's an interesting one. Are you keeping your weight mostly on your toes? On your heels? Are your shoes too tight :lol: ?

I am sure my sister will have more ideas about this than I do @evelynladams527 . She knows this kind of stuff well! I get numb toes because I have Morton's neuroma - the nerves between the toe joints (at the ball of the foot) have growths around them and the nerve gets really weird. I have them on 3 different joints - is your numbness on all the toes or only on the 3rd or 4th toe (or both)? If it is only on those, you might have neuromas too. They are quite common, and I have had good luck with a combination of custom orthotics (there are some OTC ones too if custom is too costly) and extra wide very flat shoes. There are some great foot exercises to relieve the pressure in the joint too. And stretch your calf muscles and tendons a LOT!

I'm really curious what others have to say on this one...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited December 2019

Happens to me a lot. It's a weight distribution thing. You tend to step forward on the balls of your feet on ellipticals, which cuts circulation to your toes.

Few things that help: try to sit back a bit and put more of your weight on your heels when you step down. This is better for your knees and ankle strength anyway. Pick the weight all the way back up off your foot when you step on the other one. Also try compression socks and loosening your shoes a little bit to help with blood flow.

Padded shoe inserts, like gel pads, can help with weight distribution also. :)
  • jugar
    Whew! I just got in from a walk out in the wild wind - it has been snowing most of the day and it's blowing like crazy, but it was fantastic up in the woods where we live. The wild turkeys had been scratching around but most of the usual animal tracks were scarce - I think everyone is holed up for the day. Enjoy the end of your weekend, everyone.

Here are today's weigh-ins:
    @kx7003
    @Safari_Gal_

Welcome to week 3!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    @jugar stay warm! Sounds very cold.
    @Cafelelia - nice challenge
This discussion has been closed.