WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    TEAM WAIST AWAYS

Please welcome:

@ElleBellesTheoBear
    @YinxFed

I will put our new members on the Support Team and move them to the regular team for January. Tally ho!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @evangsimmons170 Congratulations! So happy to hear that for you. Now, you can enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas!!!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Hi everyone! Just want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.. I’m trying to stay below my target of 157 but we will see.. many temptations looming!

I will be active again in January, so I guess I’m weighing in first Sunday in January.

All the best! 5vw559alhf9k.jpeg
  • micki48
    micki48 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170 Congratulations! So happy to hear that for you. Now, you can enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks @micki48. After being on a liquid diet for the past 2 days and enduring all the other "prepping" rituals that happened over and over and over again, you'd think I would have lost weight. Would you believe that I actually gained 4 pounds since Saturday. The nurse recommended that I "super hydrate" during those 2 days by drinking water, juice, and chicken broth alternately EVERY hour from morning til night. My face, hands, legs, and feet are literally swollen; I feel like I'm sloshing around as I walk. LOL. On top of that, they didn't want me to take the one BP pill that's a diuretic during those 2 days of prep because it would have been too much fluid loss. Well, I sure did take it when I got home from the hospital today. Carrying around extra fluid feels oddly different (in a weird way) than just carrying around the extra weight as usual.

Oh Rhonda! That must be miserable. Well, hope the diuretic does the trick and you are feeling yourself again soon. The silver lining may be a nice loss to end the year. Again, congratulations on a clean bill of health and the reward of not having to do it again for 10 years.

Merry Christmas 🎄 ❤️
  • micki48
    @Andreabroadley Great to see you check in. And very happy to hear you are coming back as an active member in January. You’re not kidding with the temptations!! Cookies, chocolates, cheese 🧀. I guess if I stayed away from food that starts with “C “ I might be ok.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas too.🎁🎉 🎄

And to everyone who celebrates Happy Hanukkah 🕎 and Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 Let us know how you are doing? And post a photo if you are so inclined.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Merry Christmas 🎄 everyone

I’m doing good on my recovery. And I have found a workout series that I can modify enough to get a sweat session in. Slim in 6.

Picture my knee on the scooter.
    😬a little side to side floor taps
    😉 a couple knee raises
    😁 carefully I can do some leg kicks.
    🏋️‍♀️ She’s been working my upper body with light weights.

Such a killer. Totally enjoying it.
    Registered 2500 steps for the workout.

I guess I weigh in a couple days after Christmas, so, imma gonna keep my food intake healthy.

Talk later!

@jugar warm weather is awesome!
  • jugar
    Happy Tuesday!

I'm sorry to have been absent yesterday - we are working on placing new people on teams, figuring out how we'll handle the team that is partly leaving, and other fun things! It is going well, and the transition to our new leadership and all, even though it was unexpected, is turning out to be a positive one.

Today is a gorgeous day here at my mom's in Charlotte NC! Sunny and warm. I miss my snow, but will be back up there soon enough! I have been trying to keep up with mom - she is 89 and puts much younger people to shame. We're in the gym every day, walking everywhere, taking the stairs (she lives on the 4th floor), and talking up a storm. It is good to have this time together. I also gave a flute lesson yesterday to a young woman I had met one time when I performed at Winthrop College in SC. She played in a master class I gave then, and found out I was visiting and asked for a lesson. We had a great session - she has a good solid plan for her further studies and future, and it was a pleasure to spend a couple of hours with her.

@evangsimmons170 good news all around! Even though you had to endure a few days of misery, the results are wonderful. Now you can relax, get rid of the water weight, and feel great again soon. Don't forget to post your thing for everyone to read today!!!
  • jugar
    HEADS UP for Weigh-Ins!

Monday
    @reflectionofme

Tomorrow (Wednesday)
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @Juliemargaretkim

I know some people are on the road or otherwise unable to send in weights, so I won't count any NWIs this week.

Thanks!

TAKE NOTE:
    This is week 4 of the December Challenge, and there will be a week 5! We actually continue as "December" through January 4th, with our January Challenge beginning January 5th. Gives us a chance to get over the holiday gains, and set our mental gears in the right direction.

Returning continuing members do not have to re-register. New members can come here to begin posting as they arrive, but will not be on the official weigh-ins until January 5th.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Happy Christmas Eve to you all! I went to work today (Woodstock Inn, Woodstock, Vermont) and will be there again on Thursday and Saturday. I brought many of the cookies I baked for a cookie party on Sunday and felt great that they were being ingested by someone other than *me*!
    Yesterday afternoon, I attended my first of 5 scheduled hypnosis sessions and I feel really good. I decided to add hypnosis to my weight-loss arsenal to give me a boost and help me be more successful. It's interesting how belief systems form where/when we least expect them.
    She asked me if I know how big my stomach is. My smartass-self had a ready answer but I decided to shake my head no and listen to what she wanted to tell me. If you put all of your fingertips together and place your hands on your lap, creating a very shallow "basket", *that's* the size of your stomach. No WONDER it's so easy to over eat! Wow. She gave me some small dark blue plates (think medium sized tea saucer) to eat my 3 meals per day. Dark blue is one of the few colors we don't associate with food so it helps decrease food intake without the usual fanfare. It's also a great thing for the subconscious to work with. A normal serving of food looks enormous on a tiny plate sending the subliminal message of "how will I finish all that?" compared to a small serving on a 10" plate which looks miniscule ("when's lunch??").
    So, I'll be adding a 15-minute hypnosis session to my daily routine to support what I've learned.
    I've got some beef stew cooking in the oven and a small turkey for tomorrow. Tonight, we'll collect Monica from her dad's and then go to the 10:00 p.m. "midnight" mass at St Thomas Episcopal Church in Hanover, NH. The Priest does some amazing stunts with the Censer - very athletic!
    Enjoy the holidays wherever you are.
    Evelyn
  • micki48
    Late, but happy Tuesday. I’ve been going full speed all day and I’m still not done. Ugh. It will be fine. Food has not been bad. I’ve been down on the scale the last couple days. Just trying to hydrate now.

Can’t stay up late tonight because Santa 🎅🏼 is coming. We have to get over to my daughter’s house early in the morning to see the little one open presents. Then, everyone over at our house for our 1950s Christmas after. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
  • jugar
    Good morning, and Christmas wishes to all who celebrate, and a beautiful Wednesday to those who do not --

I have posted a nice long reading on our Week 4 thread this morning, so I hope you are able to take a few minutes today to read it. It will take you to a world far away, in beautiful language written in 1904. Of course you can read it tomorrow if today is too busy!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776192/week-4-sit-down-and-read-with-team-waistaways#latest

Thanks for the information about the hypnosis sessions, the stomach size, and the plate idea, @evelynladams527 ! It is always helpful to have more tools in the toolbox. And if your small blue plate does not give you enough to feel satisfied sometimes, just fill it back up again with nothing but veggies or other low density food. You're on the right track for sure! Enjoy today, my sister :heart:

I have my sister's other daughter here in Charlotte with me and my mom. She arrived last night, and we ended up not going out to dinner - the restaurant was packed, they didn't seem to have our reservation (even though we received an email confirming it yesterday), so we just had a much more quiet (and way smaller!) meal at my mom's. Way more talking than eating - it was wonderful.

So have a terrific day, everyone, and don't get too worn out. Hugs to all!!
  • jugar
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS

Please welcome:

@ann_1403

January is going to be wonderful - new members, new energy, new year. Welcome Ann! Feel free to dive in here, post if you want, and then we'll have a new chat thread starting January 5th.
  • micki48
    jugar wrote: »
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS

Please welcome:

@ann_1403

January is going to be wonderful - new members, new energy, new year. Welcome Ann! Feel free to dive in here, post if you want, and then we'll have a new chat thread starting January 5th.
    jugar wrote: »
    TEAM WAIST AWAYS

Please welcome:

@ElleBellesTheoBear
    @YinxFed

Welcome to our new team members! So glad to have you join us. This is a wonder group overflowing with support, advice, and motivation. Together, we will make 2020 healthy and fit. Let’s go!!!🖐🏻💪🏼👣👍🏻👏🏼😀🌟🎉
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Feeling good about this holiday season so far. Portions feel more under control as do cravings. Mentally feeling happier.

Small workout this morning - mainly lifting for upper body. Tried walking on Christmas - went really well in the boot. So happy it wasn’t painful.

I should clean house....feeling lazy.... but ...signing off social media now.
  • jugar
    Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everyone is feeling terrific, and is ready for this just to be Thursday. Let's see if a few weigh-ins can still happen! You know how sad it is to have a spreadsheet without enough numbers in it... :p

@reflectionofme
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @cory17
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Weigh Day Wednesday
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 176.8

@Micki48 Steps
    Sun 3,521
    Mon 10,982
    Tue 11,512
    Wed 3,187
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I ate way too much yesterday. I still have a slight stomach ache. But that's ok. One day a year never hurt anyone.

I hope everyone had a lovely day, however you spent it. :)

@jugar do you want me to post another reading thing? Do you have enough for the week?
  • micki48
    HEY STEPPERS!!!!! Christmas was yesterday, so get those steps in to me. Still need just about everybody's numbers. I have mine (ha ha) and @offitgoes. The rest of you, let's hear from you. Encouraging you to get out there and take some steps. We don't care what your numbers are, 10 steps is better than 0. So, get those step numbers in.

header-image-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.