This December I Will...

Replies

• SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    MessyApron, I love your inspiring name! It sounds like you've got some doable goals you're working on. I can't believe the month is almost half over either. End the month better than how you started it. No matter what the scale says, keep developing healthier habits and they will pay off. I should've never stopped MFP, as I've gained all of my weight back. Now it's time to keep it off for good- even if that means staying connected with like-minded wonderful people. Sounds like a win-win to me!
  • Omfrankie3
    Omfrankie3 Posts: 15 Member
    I just joined, so I'm a little late to post! But I would still like to be involved (:

This December I will:
    • begin my health journey
    • start tracking macros
    • start doing yoga again
    • allow myself to still enjoy the holidays
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,728 Member
    edited December 2019
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    You ladies got some real resolve! I've got a late start this month, but rejoined yesterday. Better late than never! This December I will start lifting weights again. I just completed my first 15 minutes...I'll be throwing in "girly" pushups next week. Perhaps I can do a "real" (ha ha, they're ALL real) one by my birthday (Oct). Gotta set goals....or I've never accomplish them.

@SheilaCali , weight training is a great way to start. I couldn’t do a push up until I was in my 50s, and now I can do a few. 😉 🤣. Today is always the best time to get started.

I’ve been working on the sewing projects every day. The fitting for dress bodice #1 went well, but the bodice needs a little more across the back (thanks to stupid 120 pushups the girl does each day). That let me know to add more to bodice #2, so that fitting went perfect. I’ve also almost finished reticule #1. Feeling pretty accomplished.
    9xijhbj106yi.jpeg

@MessyApron , a morning walk is a great idea! And starting by getting to bed early is a brilliant plan.

@frankiesteinx3 , Tracking and yoga are both pillars of my plan! Go for it!

@nebslp , thanks for all the encouragement! You rock!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member

This December, I will lose weight to get back to my Jan 1, 2019 wt of 155 on Jan 1, 2020. This will be hugely validating. My goal for the rest of my life is to weigh 155 or below each New Year’s, my birthday, our anniversary, & Thanksgiving.

More soon on how I will accomplish this important goal! Walking daily, eating at home, spreading meals our, careful with calories, resting, mindfulness, and deep breathing to handle our ill, elderly cat (instead of eating)

Dec 3: 159.6❌❌⚠️
    Dec 4: 159.4 ❌❌⚠️
    This should continue to drop quickly now that routine is back & family have left.
    Dec 5: 158 ❌❌ progress
    Dec 6: 157 🧡
    Dec 7 157.2❌
    8 157.6❌
    9 157🧡
    10 157.2❌
    11 157.2❌
    Just too Much stress, but soon things will calm down.💕💕Good luck ALL!
    Not Giving Up!!! Ever!!!
    12 159❌❌❌
    13 157.5❌
    14 157🧡
    15 157.8 ❌
    Cat is MUCH BETTER!
    Colonoscopy is behind me.
    Lots of exercise & calories under target the past 4 days.

Jan 1 Goal: 155
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    Hi everyone! I have returned from my trip to Santa Fe to see my daughter and we had a great time! It’s my first trip to the southwestern US in eons, but it won’t be the last! It did prove to be challenging to stick with my monthly goal of doing a HIIT session twice a week as there was no gym at the hotel. So instead, we did a lot of walking. Actually, it was a good reminder that being flexible with circumstances beyond my control is important. Now that I’m back home and have access to my trusty treadmill, the HIIT sessions have resumed.

I will catch up on your posts very soon. But it’s wonderful to see some familiar members return! Welcome back, @MessyApron and @SheilaCali!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    Since I bring my feet wherever I go, I have no excuses not to walk. We did a lot of walking in Santa Fe. More problematic was the lack of in-room coffee. Who doesn’t have in-room coffee at their motel? Fortunately, there was a wonderful cafe only 3 minutes from where we were staying.
  • SheilaCali
    Since I bring my feet wherever I go, I have no excuses not to walk. We did a lot of walking in Santa Fe. More problematic was the lack of in-room coffee. Who doesn’t have in-room coffee at their motel? Fortunately, there was a wonderful cafe only 3 minutes from where we were staying.

I've been walking a lot more this past month, and was looking for a good foot stretch routine. 77tes posted this recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=hSGPSPqycSw&feature=emb_title. Perhaps we should all give our feet a Christmas present and take care of them better. I did the routine in the midst of a long day of standing- I'm moving a lot of my kitchen out to make room for a laundry space. Lots of bending, reaching, and lifting. I suppose a back routine is next! Be good to yourselves this busy season and always.
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Checking in; I’ve been doing very well with my morning walks, but I’ve had to give it a miss today. Why? I went to lay out my walking clothes last night, and it looks like I left my sports bra in the locker room at the Y yesterday. (T~T) I’ll be stopping by after work to see if some Good Samaritan put it in the lost and found instead of just trashing it.
  • SheilaCali
    Gaaaaa! Just made Christmas cookies all day, and I kept my eating of them to a minimum. Most of them are leaving my house, thank goodness. Now I can move the pantry items to the living room. I'm glad I'll have trouble baking with the kitchen in disarray. Cookies are just too yummy. I'm glad I started back on MFP, otherwise I would've eaten a lot more... :/
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited December 2019
    This December, I will lose weight to get back to my Jan 1, 2019 wt of 155 on Jan 1, 2020. This will be hugely validating. My goal for the rest of my life is to weigh 155 or below each New Year’s, my birthday, our anniversary, & Thanksgiving.

More soon on how I will accomplish this important goal! Walking daily, eating at home, spreading meals our, careful with calories, resting, mindfulness, and deep breathing to handle our ill, elderly cat (instead of eating)

This should continue to drop quickly now that routine is back & family have left.
    Dec 5: 158 ❌ progress
    Dec 7 157.2❌
    8 157.6❌
    9 157🧡
    10 157.2❌
    11 157.2❌
    Not Giving Up!!! Ever!!!
    12 159❌❌
    13 157.5❌
    14 157🧡
    15 157.8 ❌
    Cat is MUCH BETTER!
    16 157.8 ❌
    17 157.8 ❌
    18 159 ❌❌

Struggling. Disappointed that 155 might not be achievable by Jan 1. Too many social things & I need to reduce carbs..

Reminding myself of my significant successes.

• MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    MessyApron wrote: »
    I left my sports bra in the locker room at the Y yesterday. (T~T) I’ll be stopping by after work to see if some Good Samaritan put it in the lost and found instead of just trashing it.
    Update: it was in the lost and found! 🎉 I’m so relieved! Good sports bras are expensive, and that one would have been a pain to replace.
    I think I’m going to change one of the conditions of my “I will,” and it’s that on mornings when I’ve planned to go lift weights I’ll still get up early, but I won’t go walking that morning, unless the weather is nice enough that it’ll be a pleasure walk instead of a fitness walk.
  • MadisonMolly2017

Dec 7 157.2❌
    8 157.6❌
    9 157🧡
    10 157.2❌
    11 157.2❌
    Not Giving Up!!! Ever!!!
    12 159❌❌
    13 157.5❌
    14 157🧡
    15 157.8 ❌
    Cat is MUCH BETTER!
    16 157.8 ❌
    17 157.8 ❌
    18 159 ❌❌
    19 158.8 ❌❌ #NeverGiveUp

Getting food more under control. ❣️
    It’s embarrassing to post when I gain but the best I can do is bring it into the light of day! Self love self compassion we’ve got this!

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 December is a tough month. Maintaining a beginning of the month weight can be considered a win in my book! I may be losing this month’s battle😧 but January is right around the corner.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,728 Member
    I’ve got a bad cold as do 3 of the 4 people in my house, but I’m still doing some sewing each day. I’ve got the reticules done and ready to be wrapped. Yesterday I repaired one of the vintage gloves that go in the reticules along with the ball tickets. I also have one of the dresses all cut out. I’ve also decided to make bodiced petticoats for each girl since neither have a long slip, but this will save me from lining the skirts of the dresses, which will hopefully made the sewing easier. 3dhqkumwvvmm.jpg

In other news, I reached my goal weight. So hopefully I can get on the maintain train for the new year. Getting sick helped me reach my goal. 🤣.

Hopefully we’ll all be better by Christmas Eve. Although I’m already thinking I’ll be serving rotisserie chicken from the grocery store rather than a homemade turkey for my party.

@MadisonMolly2017 , you are doing well. December is a rough month, and I don’t recommend getting sick as a good way to get to goal weight. You are quite close, and a matter of a couple numbers on the scale is no reason to fret.

@MessyApron , I’m so glad you found your sports bra! Losing one would be a serious loss.

@SheilaCali , glad you like that stretch video. I love HASFit!

@znaoiec, checking in helps me stay on course.
  • MadisonMolly2017

Dec 7 157.2❌
    8 157.6❌
    9 157🧡
    10 157.2❌
    11 157.2❌
    Not Giving Up!!! Ever!!!
    12 159❌❌
    13 157.5❌
    14 157🧡
    15 157.8 ❌
    Cat is MUCH BETTER!
    16 157.8 ❌
    17 157.8 ❌
    18 159 ❌❌
    19 158.8 ❌❌ #NeverGiveUp
    20 157.6 ❌ YAY! Going for the orange heart🧡 #KeepingMyHeadintheGame

Getting food more under control. ❣️
    It’s embarrassing to post when I gain but the best I can do is bring it into the light of day! Self love self compassion we’ve got this!

• MadisonMolly2017
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 December is a tough month. Maintaining a beginning of the month weight can be considered a win in my book! I may be losing this month’s battle😧 but January is right around the corner.

Dear @nebslp !
    Thank you so much! I really wanted to be able I was still 155 on Jan 1 a year later ...
    But I don’t think hardcore dieting makes sense for me so I will glide back down.

I appreciate your thoughtful comments.
    💕Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    77tes wrote: »
    I’ve got a bad cold as do 3 of the 4 people in my house, but I’m still doing some sewing each day. I’ve got the reticules done and ready to be wrapped. Yesterday I repaired one of the vintage gloves that go in the reticules along with the ball tickets. I also have one of the dresses all cut out. I’ve also decided to make bodiced petticoats for each girl since neither have a long slip, but this will save me from lining the skirts of the dresses, which will hopefully made the sewing easier. 3dhqkumwvvmm.jpg

In other news, I reached my goal weight. So hopefully I can get on the maintain train for the new year. Getting sick helped me reach my goal. 🤣.

Hopefully we’ll all be better by Christmas Eve. Although I’m already thinking I’ll be serving rotisserie chicken from the grocery store rather than a homemade turkey for my party.

@MadisonMolly2017 , you are doing well. December is a rough month, and I don’t recommend getting sick as a good way to get to goal weight. You are quite close, and a matter of a couple numbers on the scale is no reason to fret.

@MessyApron , I’m so glad you found your sports bra! Losing one would be a serious loss.

@SheilaCali , glad you like that stretch video. I love HASFit!

@znaoiec, checking in helps me stay on course.

Dear @77tes !
    I’m so sorry you have a bad cold! AND so impressed you are seeing through your sickness! Wow!

Rotisserie chicken sounds perfect!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on reaching your G O A L. W T 🌟💥⭐️💫⚡️🌟☄️☀️
    That is SUCH an accomplishment ❣️

And thank you for your sage advice. I’m not fretting as much now that I can tell my food choices are improving & my mouth hungry disappearing again! T H AN K Y O U!

I hope you feel better in no time!!!

💕
    Maddie
  • SheilaCali
    Got the kitchen pantry cleaned out (whew), but am afraid to get on the scale. Three parties this week, and all served mexican food- full of salt, fat, and carbs. I went to all of them super hungry, which in hindsight was unwise. Add the Xmas cookies and such...just gotta plow through a couple more get-togethers, but I've been putting some salad in my days. @MessyApron glad you recovered your bra, but now you don't get a new one for Xmas (ha ha). Sorry you were sick @77tes, but getting to your goal weight is a silver lining! @MadisonMolly2017, keep making better choices and you'll get to your goal too- even if it's not by January 1st. Hugs to all :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Shooting for:
    157 Jan 1
    156 Feb 1
    155 Mar 1

Dec 7 157.2❌
    8 157.6❌
    9 157🧡
    10 157.2❌
    11 157.2❌
    Not Giving Up!!! Ever!!!
    12 159❌❌
    13 157.5❌
    14 157🧡
    15 157.8 ❌
    Cat is MUCH BETTER!
    16 157.8 ❌
    17 157.8 ❌
    18 159 ❌❌
    19 158.8 ❌❌ #NeverGiveUp
    20 157.6 ❌ YAY! Going for the orange heart🧡 #KeepingMyHeadintheGame
    21 158.4 ❌❌
    22 158.2 ❌❌ not giving up. Something has changed. I’m hungrier. I’m Much more tired/sleepy. Possibly caused by a dosage increase of one of my meds.

White knuckling my net carbs back down.
    Still walking up a storm!!

I know I will figure this out.

TY for your support. I hope you are doing ok & are able to enjoy some of the holiday season.

I noticed today:
    Since I began this Journey:
    In 2016, I lost 0.2lbs per week
    In 2017, I lost 0.6lbs per week
    In 2018, I lost 0.7lbs per week
    In 2019 (as of today) gained 3.2lbs over about 50 weeks = 0.064lbs pee week
    At this rate, it would take me 21 YEARS to gain my weight back.

I find Perspective helps me a lot

💕
    Maddie