digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 3
    PW: 215
    CW: 215
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @raleighgirl09 how did the party go? I admire how deeply you're looking at hunger cues! I've been trying to eat slower so I'll be more likely to get the full feeling. Some days I think ourbodies just need more calories.

@AustinRuadhain now that you mention it I haven't seen pumpkins in awhile! I saw them with kombocha right before Thanksgiving at a higher end produce department and went with kombocha as I like it more. I only bought two this season. Trader Joe's had them but for a short time, Winco for a month, and Sprouts not at all. The delicata was awful this year too, I managed to get 1 good one and that was in a produce box. This is pie pumpkins only, ornamental are still around!

I get asked to bring salads to everything because I have the patience to put a lot in them. My Thanksgiving salad was red lettuce, Anjou pear, persimmon slices, pomegranate seeds, maple walnuts, feta, and dried cranberries. I'll probably do just pear, maple walnuts, and dried cranberries for Christmas. Love pears! Those maple walnuts are deadly, I only get enough for the salad.

@hinemoa2088 impressive loss, especially this time of year!
  • Katmary71
    @digger61 great job maintaining!

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- dancing, strength, stretching

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs aweek- done
    2. Exercise 30minutes- only reason I finished my workout was because of this!
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Trigger foods- today was great!
    5. Upcoming goal- go to gym Monday

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.9kg)
    CW 162.4 (73.7kg)

Put on all the weight again over these two weeks. It's all the mince pies and then not being mindful.
    Sense of hopelessness and binge eating. Yesterday was bad. It is not that I am hungry. Trying to imagine eating snacks as i eat them so quickly i don't appreciate them
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    WEEK 3 RESULTS
    ayh18u6bquel.jpg

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Waist Aways 0.25%
    INDIVIDUAL % @reflectionsofme 7.09%
    TEAM LBS LOST Waist Aways 7.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @reflectionsofme 9.5

As a whole we lost 25.6 pounds or 0.11%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waist Aways 0.25%
    2nd Weight No More 0.21%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.14%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Waist Aways 7.6
    2nd Weight No More 6.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 5.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @reflectionsofme 7.09%
    2nd @christys03 2.67%
    3rd @kayla7303 2.52%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST

1st @reflectionsofme 9.5
    2nd @kayla7303 5.2
    3rd @christys03 4.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Jactop
    @amytriesww
    @Freeglerock
    @Luciicul
    @raleighgirl09
    @kmfeig87
    @jcgator2016
    @Connie7355
    @matthewsfive

pa4xnde3acib.png
  • Beka3695
    h25u7px5jpd5.jpg

Shoutout to @kayla7303 for reaching ONEDERLAND!!!
  • Beka3695
    January 2020 Registration link is LIVE!!!!!!
    Invite your friends! Let's make 2020 the best year for FAT 2 FIT!

2020 and our vision is clear!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776263/january-2020-registrations#latest
  • Beka3695
    More AMAZING Announcements
    miunm96epbxx.png

Welcome to ONEDERLAND
    @amytriesww
    @Freeglerock

5wc9ncc6pzji.png

WELCOME TO GOAL!!!!
    @Mrsbell8well
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    January 2020 Registration link is LIVE!!!!!!
    Invite your friends! Let's make 2020 the best year for FAT 2 FIT!

2020 and our vision is clear!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776263/january-2020-registrations#latest

Hey there, fellow Slimpossibles!

If you are game, post something on your profile or on the chat boards, inviting people to join us in the Fat2Fit group!

If you are like me, then the question is what to say. Here is my current draft. Anything you would add, subtract or change? And feel free to grab this and edit as desired, if that is helpful.
    Hey, MFP friends, I am part of a group here on MFP, the Fat2Fit group, that might appeal to you, too! It's a monthly challenge, and registration is now open for January. We have weekly weigh-ins (totals tallied to see which of 6 teams did the best that week), optional daily check-ins with your team, optional challenges, and lots of really great supportive conversation! The people on your team, like you, are people that are up to working on their health, and they share challenges and victories. It's a great support for me, for sure. If it appeals to you, here's the link. And whether or not it appeals, have WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS and let's have 2020 be our BEST year YET!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    A huge congratulations to @kayla7303 , @amytriesww , @Freeglerock and @kayla7303 ! Congratulations on reaching Onederland!
    fcyn74anfhu9.gif

Several people on Team Slimpossibles have their names in lights on this week's Fat2Fit leaderboard. Congrats to @kayla7303 , @Jactop and @raleighgirl09 !
    qazens7gh5l5.jpg

@Apple852hk - Big hugs on the number not being what you want. The great news is, you know what's up. Be kind to yourself.
    Sense of hopelessness and binge eating. Yesterday was bad. It is not that I am hungry.
    I think mince pie season is over after Christmas? So this food that seems to be a trigger food for you will soon be less of a thing? Holidays are a challenge for us all! Maybe just see if you can do damage control over the next few days? What advice would you give to a friend that was struggling?

In case it offers something, here's an article on Battling the Holiday Binge that I came across. Maybe be kind to yourself about mince pies for the next few days. Maybe as a bonus, see if you can add in a health-positive thing for a few minutes each day (5 minute walk, meditate for a few minutes)? Just ideas. Anyway, hang in there! Holidays will be over soon, and this may all seem easier then.
    bkunsnhxa4pi.jpg

@Katmary71 - Thank you for the great ideas! I may take a Katmary-style salad as part of my holiday offering at the in-laws. Their standard salad is iceberg and tomato only, so we'll see how it goes over. My husband and I, at least, will be excited! All your ideas sound delish!

@digger61 Woohoo! Great job maintaining! That's an ACCOMPLISHMENT during holiday season!

• AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    Saturday Check-in
    Calories: under and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts class (2+ hours)
    Steps (target 7500): under! I was zonked after class, and walking time turned into napping time. I got up and did things and then soaked in some Epsom salts and went back to bed.

Daily Goals
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my health and for having made progress on office cleanup!

Goals and Improvements for Sunday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories (despite holiday baking plans!)
    - Martial arts practice at home
    - Outdoor walk or platform stepping
    - Gift wrapping!
    - More office cleanup!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in
    steps 12/20 11,994 - 12/21 6,737

Losing a lot of weight has always been very stressful to me and I have begun to feel some of it again, at a 45 pound loss and down to a size 14 and a lot of people noticing and commenting. Back when it was 130 pounds, I had some anxiety that was, at times, barely manageable. It's better now but I was surprised to realize that it's still there, even now. It may seem counter intuitive because losing weight is a result I am seeking, actively pursuing, so in many ways it does not make sense. I'm not sure what to do about it aside from continue thinking about it and looking to be honest with myself while I am examining it.

I ended up not doing my list yesterday, I instead journaled today about the party and thoughts about the food, etc. I have copied today's list below my post-script note.

Post note on 22Dec2019. Attended a party that I had planned for and had left calories for. When I got there, I felt like I would not really be able to easily just eat a few bites of some things and then stop so I opted to not have anything; that was ok as I had eaten before I left home and was not hungry. Once I decided that, it was pretty simple to just not eat any of the cookies, candy, meatballs and cheesy things, among other choices. I just didn't - and aside from thinking it was odd (liking the decision but feeling a bit out of skin to be doing it), it was fine. I did have several drinks and enjoyed the time and we left late. When we got home, I realized that I was hungry and decided to eat another bowl of dinner (soup). Before I stopped to ask myself if I should leave it at that, I had a bunch of other things, although I was aware and careful to keep them in reasonable portions, for those things. Well - nearly 450 calories. Now, the drinking more than planned added calories, in more ways than one, but I'd have still been over even if i had had only the planned 350ish cals for wine (cosmos instead). The drinking may have helped that all do down but then again, I can get to eating unplanned when I have not had 5 cosmos so, no blame there. I think the past few days I have been trying to stay low to compensate for events and gatherings and maybe not eating enough food. I need to honor myself and either decide to be over calories and take the consequences or drink less or something. But planning less food is not really helping me. Also - I think I actually got hungry while I was at the party but my initial trepidation kept me from eating any of it while the food at home is something I think of as 'safe' in terms of the choices available to me because I tend to not have food on hand that I'm not comfortable eating. I think there was an underlying fear of eating those kinds of foods and thinking I would be out of control.

A complex result from what I felt was going to be a simple solution. On the way home, I was telling hubby some of this and he said he hoped I would not develop an eating disorder and I said - I wished that I could. Now he might actually worry and even though I know I don't actually feel that way, there is obviously a lot of fear in me for what my future with food is going to be.

22Dec2019 list:
    Prelog 3 meals? no, all logged after but mindful of choices
    Times? B skip, L 1230, D 630
    Non-planned eating? all on plan
    Thoughts during overeats?
    Thoughts? started the free CC training today, happy to learn more about it! I'm pretty sure I can bring the effort of asking if I am hungry before eating and stopping midway to ask if i have had enough. Lunch achieved, forgot to at dinner but was no-doubt hungry as we had just gotten home - what I missed was asking midway if i had had enough
    Mood? reflecting on the food feelings from last night
    Obstacles? Car ride back home, 3 hours
    Hunger? pretty hungry by lunch because we got delayed with a visit with someone. was still mindful and didn't overeat at lunch.
    1% effort today? left some bites behind at lunch
    Things that went right? happily satisfied at both meals because it was all food I really like, did leave some behind at lunch, planned a drink with friends after dinner, pre-logged it
    Exercise? a walk along the waterfront, 1.25 miles [steps logged the next day] (steps 21Dec2019 6,737)
    Sleep? 1a-830a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats?
  • Katmary71
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.9kg)
    CW 162.4 (73.7kg)

Put on all the weight again over these two weeks. It's all the mince pies and then not being mindful.
    Sense of hopelessness and binge eating. Yesterday was bad. It is not that I am hungry. Trying to imagine eating snacks as i eat them so quickly i don't appreciate them

@apple852hk Huge hug, I know this can be so difficult. I think this time of year is extra hard with the stress of the season and facing temptations. It's hard to be mindful when your emotions want you to mindlessly munch! I've dealt with this more than usual lately too, I'm hoping once Christmas is over it will be easier. I decorated cookies today and attempted to not stuff myself but still ate more than was mindful. I wish I knew the answer but I think if we aren't going to ban foods completely there's going to be a temptation to overdo it whether it's conscious or not.
  • Katmary71
    @AustinRuadhain I like that from the article where she says " by January your body is waving the white flag of surrender". As for salad, I've turned into such a salad snob! I have the same vegetables in my salad every day that's based on a salad from a Mexican restaurant and only switch up protein and dressing/salsa. When I'm at restaurants they're rarely as good and no comment on other people's salads! I actually prefer being in charge of salads and vegetables as I know they'll be to my liking, though I miss being asked to bring desserts!

As far as advertising Fit2Fat I have no clue how to cut and paste on my phone and I'm studying a subdivision of IT, pretty sad!

GO SLIMPOSSIBLE team, congrats @Jacktop @kayla7303 and @raleighgirl09 !

@raleighgirl09 I think you're doing an amazing job at analyzing your reactions to situations and how you eat. As for feeling uncomfortable with people noticing weight loss I feel that way too, it's awkward and unsettling, like you're going through something personal and private and suddenly it's being commented on.
  • Katmary71
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- even or over, I have dancing at 1 calorie so I have no idea what I danced off it 2 hours
    Exercise- bike, core, dancing/cleaning

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day- done
    3. Decluttering- yay, recycle can is overflowing, garbage is halfway, and grow table is almost clear-now I just need new seeds!
    4. Trigger foods- well, I made and decorated cookies and made lemon bars, I figured a cookie an hour wasn't bad but I was there until 10 and had way bigger meals than I'm used to! I bought the yearly (fav or tied for fav) peppermint ice cream for Christmas Eve and it's in the fridge. I cleaned and danced for 2 hours and totally forgot about it but it could be because I'm already on a simple carb high! I'd also die of embarrassment if I took it on Christmas Eve and it wasn't full so be strong darnit because you're not going to eat it all and buy a new one!
    5. Upcoming goals- gym Monday, fill garbage by Wednesday if there's time, fine-tune goals for next year, decide on what to winter sow for gardening and get grow table cleared.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Good Morning!!! Sorry, but not sorry, that I have been MIA this weekend. I took a much needed break to unwind. My whole little family went to the city to do some last minute shopping, then to eat Buffalo Wild Wings ( I had the naked tenders), looked at a possible new ride, and then to see Star Wars! These moments with all four of us are getting harder to come by so I really cherish them all the more when they happen. I have been eating at maintenance this weekend and not regretting it. For the past 3 years I have averaged a loss of 12 pounds, this year I am sitting at 15 pounds and I am ok. I call the year a success already! My plan is to eat at maintenance for the next week and then back to a deficit and a stricter workout plan. My only resolution is to lead the fullest happiest life I can and I feel this group is really helping me with this. I have put in place habits I want to track and even a reward system when I accomplish certain goals. I may be sporadic this week posting but I wish you all a very Happy Holiday week!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning!! :) I have just read through the posts and I am so happy to be a part of this group! You are so generous with each other as you give support, advice, and the much-needed pat on the back when things like too many mince pies find their way into our lives. ;) I also so appreciate how willing you are to open yourselves up and let us into your thoughts and struggles. I know that together we are stronger and we are going to have an amazing year! <3

rqi4enclommt.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES

Please welcome:

@Gumuks
    @mcarnley78

I will put your two new team members on the Support Team for the rest of December, but they are welcome on the chat right away! I'll move them up to the regular team for January. Tally ho!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Hey there @Gumuks and @mcarnley78 !
    We are so glad you have joined us! Please feel free to jump into the conversation!
    2l0tom6dcq5j.gif
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.9kg)
    CW 162.4 (73.7kg)

@apple852hk there are a lot of things here that went right. You showed up for yourself coming in and posting, acknowledging the mince pie challenge. You reviewed your food, your reactions, your hunger, your mindfulness and saw room to improve. You recognized binge eating and called it out, you turned around to stare at hopelessness instead of turning your back. You singled out yesterday - and today and tomorrow are new days.

If you can pick something, just one tiny part of that day to change, what could it be? All of these things that were right are more than 1% and you can look for something to do again or something new. It does not have to be a big change but we encourage you to keep staring that beast down - the good, the bad and the indifferent. That's what you can do to make the bully of hopelessness start to ease away. Keep doing these things and we'll be here to encourage you to see what you did well and do that some more.
This discussion has been closed.