hinemoa2088
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 4
    PW: 160.0
    CW: 159.4
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2019
    @hinemoa2088 - Down this week! Congratulations!
    epe7rstmyv0y.gif

@mrmcgrath - Hurray for all your planning around today's event! Great job!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Saturday Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: nothing

Well, my cold is somewhat better today. I went to bed last night at 8 pm and slept for almost 12 hours. :o I've managed to do a little housework but mostly sat around and started on a new jigsaw puzzle that my DH bought me for Christmas. It's going to be a doozy! :D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,539 Member
    @hinemoa2088 great job losing this week!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you're starting to feel better, a puzzle is a great way to take it easy!

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, core, dance
    Water- over thanks to tea

5 for 90
    1. Gymn3xs a week
    2. Exercise 30 minutes-done
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Trigger foods- miracle, still haven't touched the chocolate! I may challenge myself to see how long I can go. I suspect I'm not craving as much because my blood sugar hasn't been slightly hypoglycemic the last few mornings.
    5. Goals- work on defining 2020 goals though im pretty decided on them.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Thank you Katmart71 - it's great to know that others struggle too and it's not that I'm weak. Hopefully this coming week will be easier

Katmary71 wrote: »
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.9kg)
    CW 162.4 (73.7kg)

Put on all the weight again over these two weeks. It's all the mince pies and then not being mindful.
    Sense of hopelessness and binge eating. Yesterday was bad. It is not that I am hungry. Trying to imagine eating snacks as i eat them so quickly i don't appreciate them

@apple852hk Huge hug, I know this can be so difficult. I think this time of year is extra hard with the stress of the season and facing temptations. It's hard to be mindful when your emotions want you to mindlessly munch! I've dealt with this more than usual lately too, I'm hoping once Christmas is over it will be easier. I decorated cookies today and attempted to not stuff myself but still ate more than was mindful. I wish I knew the answer but I think if we aren't going to ban foods completely there's going to be a temptation to overdo it whether it's conscious or not.

• apple852hk
    @raleighgirl09 thanks for inspiring words and naming the Bully of Hopelessness. You are so right - I have wasted my energy putting it towards that instead of concentrating on the 1% I did do well. Thanks for the confidence boost and better way of seeing it.
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 160 (72.9kg)
    CW 162.4 (73.7kg)

Put on all the weight again over these two weeks. It's all the mince pies and then not being mindful.
    Sense of hopelessness and binge eating. Yesterday was bad. It is not that I am hungry. Trying to imagine eating snacks as i eat them so quickly i don't appreciate them

@apple852hk there are a lot of things here that went right. You showed up for yourself coming in and posting, acknowledging the mince pie challenge. You reviewed your food, your reactions, your hunger, your mindfulness and saw room to improve. You recognized binge eating and called it out, you turned around to stare at hopelessness instead of turning your back. You singled out yesterday - and today and tomorrow are new days.

If you can pick something, just one tiny part of that day to change, what could it be? All of these things that were right are more than 1% and you can look for something to do again or something new. It does not have to be a big change but we encourage you to keep staring that beast down - the good, the bad and the indifferent. That's what you can do to make the bully of hopelessness start to ease away. Keep doing these things and we'll be here to encourage you to see what you did well and do that some more.

• apple852hk
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 5 - Dec 2019
    Sunday
    PW 162.4 (73.7kg)
    CW 163.5 (74.2kg)

Was doing well at the beginning of the week. Then with the festive food and snacks from Wednesday I faltered.
    My aim is to be more consistent in eating smaller portions and not snack but just taste test.

Special thanks to @AustinRuadhain
    @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 for their words of advice when I ate too many mince pies and festive foods. Your words really helped.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope you are feeling even better today!

@hinemoa2088 nice loss!

@apple852hk it is a journey and you are doing great!

I did not track a thing yesterday so I have no idea my numbers came out but I had a great day with my family.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    WEEK 4 RESULTS

esj326a3na0r.jpg

THE WINNERS ARE...
    TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    INDIVIDUAL % @nbbaby 2.89%
    TEAM LBS LOST Mission Slimpossibles 3.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @nbbaby 6.5

As a group we GAINED 59.1 pounds or 0.27%

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.10%
    *gaining teams are not being recognized

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Mission Slimpossibles -3.3
    *gaining teams are not being recognized

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @nbbaby 2.89%
    2nd @kayla7303 2.59%
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 2.55%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @nbbaby 6.5
    2nd @Pamela_Sue 6
    3rd @kayla7303 5.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @wwood008
    @aliciap0116
    @KathynDes
    @amytriesww
    @Luciicul
    @jedaschultz
    @kcpond
    @christys03
    @carolynsivik

0crrl9rhyemb.png
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Congrats team! That is great and especially over the holidays.

Name- itscleo
    Weighin day- Sunday
    Week 1
    Previous Weight 158.6
    current weight 157.6

At least it's going in the right direction! I'm really happy to get back into a routine this week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Super Extra Fabulous Congratulations to the only team on F2F to lose weight as a team this week!!!!! You are all amazing. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in, continuing that late by a day trend =>

CONGRATS to @nbbaby @kayla7303 @wwood008 !!!! Go Slimpossibles!! =>

@TeresaW1020 so very glad you are feeling better! Some puzzle time, tea and coziness seems in order, hope you are 100% well soon!
    @itscleo and @hinemoa2088 great weigh in, guys, so happy for you!!!
    @mrmcgrath so glad it was a great day with family and sometimes....a break is needed and appreciated!
    @Apple852hk glad to hear from ya, we're all winding down on the holiday train ride and working to get back to the routines that work
    @Katmary71 #4 wow, much better than I'd do - especially with my night eating trend! Funny, this is how I quit smoking - after nearly a year, I finally threw away the cigarettes I had been keeping around

Ugh. Night eating. Not closing my diary because I have a twinge of worry that I'll break that before bed... Have I committed to not committing and it's adding to the problem?

Prelog 3 meals? B and L no, D yes but all on plan
    Times? B 1130a, L 1p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating? after dinner (again) - note to self, cut down on alcohol - it is not helping night eating
    Thoughts during overeats? if i had any, i ignored them
    Thoughts?
    Mood?
    Obstacles? toe pain and weird left hip clickiness - bought new walking shoes so i hope that helps both! =>
    Hunger? was not a bad day hunger wise, i worked to avoid getting too hungry and then ate a little later in the evening to help hunger at night. My night eating was not hunger driven, I just did not say no when others were eating late
    1% effort today? phhhh- i am counting remaining accountable and logging the food, even though i do not like to see it
    Things that went right? being very mindful around meal timing and hunger
    Exercise? 4 mile walk by the river [steps logged the next day] (steps 27Dec2019 11,447)
    Sleep? 11p-9a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? yep. chips, hummus and pimento cheese - and not because i was hungry, because i just wanted it when i saw others eating it. also had a few cocktails so i think i need to be very intentional and cut back on alcohol as it is adding to the problem.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    jugar wrote: »
    Super Extra Fabulous Congratulations to the only team on F2F to lose weight as a team this week!!!!! You are all amazing. :heart: :heart: :heart:
    mfk3ngjmo2jr.jpg
    WOW!
    Congratulations to everyone on the team! For me, this looks like a huge team victory, and we all get to own a bit of it whether or not we were a loser this one week. I have over and over been so grateful for the amazing, supportive conversation here. We cheer each other on, support each other, share when things are tough, support each other (oh, wait, I said that already!). Whether or not it is a week when you as an individual lose or a week when the team overall loses, everyone stays in the game. I get so many great ideas out of the conversation here, and it really helps me stay in the game of getting healthier day by day.

@nbbaby - Congratulations on being at the top of the entire Fat2Fit leaderboard! You are doing such great work!
  • AustinRuadhain
    @its_cleo -- Woohoo! Excellent weigh-in today! Going in the right direction during a holiday week is super extra amazing! And, yes, back to the healthy routine is SUCH a happy place to be going!
    e04vixapxmdr.gif

@raleighgirl09 - Your journaling is such an amazing exercise in mindfulness and reflection. I hear myself so often in your posts. Today, the line that got me was: Thoughts during overeats? if i had any, i ignored them. So much yes to that.

@Apple852hk - Yippee! You got through the holiday week up by just a pound. I don't know about you, but when I am ignoring healthy practices, I can gain weight at a startling rate. So from here, it looks like you enjoyed some holiday indulgence, but must have been mindful most of the time to keep things in check. Go, you!

This whole conversation seems so brilliant to me:
    @raleighgirl09 thanks for inspiring words and naming the Bully of Hopelessness. You are so right - I have wasted my energy putting it towards that instead of concentrating on the 1% I did do well. Thanks for the confidence boost and better way of seeing it.

@Katmary71 -
    4. Trigger foods- miracle, still haven't touched the chocolate!
    This is SUCH the victory! Thanks for sharing it with us!

@TeresaW1020 - We are so glad you are starting to feel better!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Hello! I'm totally new to this challenge and this group. HELP! My weigh in day is Monday, so even though it's still December, should I go ahead and post? Also, how do I bookmark this page?

On a side note, I just got back from vacation - only 6 days - but I am up 3 pounds!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

@AustinRuadhain I am inspired that you hear me in you - you have done so well and continue to inspire me to be the good and encourage others on their journey... => Thanks for very often being that voice!
    @rachelleahsmom welcome!! Go ahead and post to get a feel for it (look at the posts from this month and you'll see a pattern with individual flair added by each user =>) but it won't be in the spreadsheet for December. It will when you do it again on your week 1, 06Jan2020 (I totally wrote 2019first, haha!!!)

I - seriously had some good thoughts today surrounding my irritating and irksome night eating. So, years ago, I used to plan a 9ish or so PM snack, usually a slice of no sugar added cake and a decaf coffee. It was so delightful and I looked forward to it and it worked a dream for a very long time. I used to be very flexible with myself and do what worked in the moment and figure out what needed to be re-worked when that quit working. Fast forward many years and lessons later to my issue of off-plan eating at night these days. While walking and listening to my podcast, a tiny wisp of a voice tapped on my mental shoulder and asked....why not plan it and then it won't be off-plan? Huh?? Wha-whuuut??? OMG, historical Maria, you were like some freaking genius (yes, self-congratulatory shout out)! Whywhywhy have I been cramming the square peg into the round hole and complaining like a BOSS about the peg and all its craziness? Good grief, Charlie Brown - seriously. Ok, I planned and prelogged a bowl of bran cereal with almond milk as a snack tonight. Yes - I am older now than the cake and coffee Maria, back in the day!! => I also happen to adore wheat bran cereal.

Second....yay me. I have never, pretty darn certain, had a December during which I actually....lost weight. OMG - why have I not celebrated this milestone in my life? Guess I was too busy cramming the peg with what I perceived as an unnatural shape to comply with a hole that was clearly not of the same dimensions. Too busy counting leaves on the tree and missed how many are in the forest.

I'm telling you that both of the above events, and types of events, have the capacity to derail me, and those kinds of things have so many, many times. Getting short-sighted and not celebrating what I have done well and then only when I have gained back weight was I able to recognize what I had accomplished. I really needed that guardian angel today.

Thank you to all who are the Slimpossibles - it has been an amazing several months since I joined and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that being a part of this group has been one of the most valuable tools in my tool belt in my journey. =>
  • TeresaW1020
    Beka3695 wrote: »

0crrl9rhyemb.png

Wahhhhooooo way to go Slimpossibles!! What a way to end the year and I say we start the new year by being at the top again. Are you with me? B)

• TeresaW1020
    edited December 2019
    @its_cleo, congrats on the one-pound loss!! I think that is awesome considering it was the holidays! :)

@jugar, my team rocks!!! B);)

@raleighgirl09, thank you and yes, I am feeling much better. I am the worst at being sick! What is stopping you from committing to no nighttime eating? I know it was very hard for me but once I started intermittent fasting then it just had to become my normal that I didn’t eat once I had dinner. I started having cups of plain hot green tea or glasses of sparkling water as my “treat.” I’m not saying you need to do IF, but you can make a rule for yourself that you just don’t eat after dinner. Maybe brushing your teeth…multiple times will help. :D

@AustinRuadhain, you are right that we have a great team and that we really do work at supporting each other. I am especially thankful for you and knowing that you will do all you can to make our new members feel welcomed and taken care of. <3

@rachelleahsmom, welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!! :) You will get the hang of it around here in no time and we are always happy to help. Your first weigh-in day will be Monday, January 6th because that will be the new month for you. If you go to the home page you will see the January timeline posted. Then from now on just post every Monday and when new months roll around you will be all set. You can also change your day if you ever want to. Just let us know. :)

Also, don't beat yourself up too much for being up 3 lbs. That is probably a lot of water retention from eating off plan and traveling. Just get back on your eating plan, drink a lot of water and those 3 lbs will come off. ;)
  • TeresaW1020
    Sunday Check-In:
    Calories: over
    Water: over
    Exercise: Day 20 of 21 Day Fix

Thankfully, I am feeling much better today! I managed to do my workout although I tired out quickly and wasn't able to give my all. Tomorrow, I'm not doing yoga, which is the last day of 21-Day Fix and will instead start a new program called LIIFT 4 that I've heard really great things about. Lots of weights and HIIT. I'm going into the New Year will determination to make 2020 awesome. Calories were over because I made these pancakes and yummy syrup that a friend had given us for Christmas. I wanted them out of the way before the New Year. Which meant they had to get in my belly! :p

Ohhhh and @AustinRuadhain, I started Atomic Habits today. This is girl is getting her 1% a day! B)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in post script

Interesting - I had that snack all planned and found I didn't need it. Crazy.

Prelog 3 meals? B and L no but on plan, D yes - after dinner snack yes but I didn't want it
    Times? B 1130, l 2p, D 6p/7p (I kinda split it up by eating slowly)
    Non-planned eating? well - a bite of chili before I stopped myself when cleaning the kitchen but it stopped there and I have no idea how to calculate the cals. I think it's ok to not worry about it
    Thoughts during overeats? unthinking and then a big noooooooo!!!
    Thoughts?
    Mood?
    Obstacles? toe is sore but not from new, the first walk in the new shoes was awesome!
    Hunger? low hunger day
    1% effort today? meal timing and not eating until hungry - including not eating much for lunch and considering if I should have more and found I didn't need it
    3 good things? stopping before a bit turned into 10! planned a snack for the time of day that was giving me an issue
    Exercise? 2.65 walk in the hood [steps logged the next day] (steps 28Dec2019 14,164)
    Sleep? 1215a-8a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? aside from a wayward bite - not any
This discussion has been closed.