WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    @Terytha I know how that feels, but put it behind you and get back on track. You know what to do. You are a pro. Hopefully with eating the right foods that you have figured out, the gastro bit calms down. Sending virtual hugs. Hope you get that referral and feel better soon. ❤️

Regrettably there is no right food. It's all food. I haven't been able to digest anything without drugs since... July? June or July.

Normally I can deal, but New Year's was pretty heavy so I'm suffering a bit for it. I just hate the drugs so much. :(
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Thank you @lovethyneighbor for your introduction and your honesty and knowledge of where you are, where you're going, and what you need to do. Even with less exercise than you would like, getting the calories under control will make the biggest difference - even though we LOVE food. I am of the fill the plate with amazing vegetables (usually all cooked together in the same skillet, with a different sauce or seasoning set every day, depending on my mood), some fish or beans (I don't eat meat or eggs much), and minimal grains. Plenty of veggies means you can fill up like mad, eat tons, but not too much fat or grain. Works for me - I would be very sad if I couldn't pile my plate high!

We will want to hear from you often, and any time there is something more you need for support, questions you have, or whatever - run here first!
  • jugar
    Our JANUARY chat page has just gone up!

This is always a bit crazy at the end of our challenge month. We open the new one, where you can go and post an introduction, or whatever you want to say at the beginning of the new month. But keep doing your week 5 weigh-ins here, and discussions don't really have to move to the new one until Sunday. We just like to be prepared B)

You can find it in the list (sometimes you have to click on "all discussions" to find it) or just go to
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777941/waistaways-january-2020-chat#latest
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    thanks @evelynladams527 for your kind words. that is a great goal to do physio work when you are retired! Yes that calcified tendonitis was pretty tough. Luckily they gave me a cortisone shot after a what seemed like 5 days of hell, lol. What a miracle drug it was.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    @terytha so sorry to hear you are having gastro problems. Hope they can figure it out for you soon.
  • jugar
    edited January 2020
    HEADS UP!

There are some weigh-ins that are overdue: (if I missed you, sorry!)
    @fourathomej
    @evelynladams527
    @Juliemargaretkim

Friday weigh-ins due tomorrow! (how did Friday get here so fast?)
    @Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Shexio

New members for January, if you want to update your starting weight, here are the Friday people:
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @ann_1403
    @conleywoods
    @mbutler2013

If you want to update, just post your weight tomorrow, and that will be your new starting weight for the January challenge.

Send me all your numbers - good, bad, crazy - I love them all. Starting on Sunday I might be more picky! I will want GREEN numbers then! Everyone is gonna lose, right?
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 542 Member
    Aquarobics plus walk = 4,800 steps
    Here I come!
    It’s been a good day. I hope you are all feeling fine.
    More tomorrow!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 974 Member
    I am having such a hard time moving on from all the treats. Just when I think it's gone something else pops out of nowhere! Boo

Ready to say "no thank you" to treats and not use all my exercise calories up on over indulging. If anyone else is struggling right now, I feel your pain. Hang in there and we can do this.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Aquarobics plus walk = 4,800 steps
    Here I come!
    It’s been a good day. I hope you are all feeling fine.
    More tomorrow!

Wahoo!🎉 Way to beat your best day Evie!! 🤗What a great day! Aquarobics sounds like a great workout. 💦

Still fighting this cold here.😷🤧 I think I’ve gone through a whole box of tissues today. No voice either. Good thing I only need fingers to cheer you on. 🙌
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    First weigh in of the year - 68kg.

It can only get better!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Friday weigh in
    CW:183.4
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    PW 180.6
    CW 185

YIKES.... But I knew it, it will be down by next friday... I got this !
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    I am having such a hard time moving on from all the treats. Just when I think it's gone something else pops out of nowhere! Boo

Ready to say "no thank you" to treats and not use all my exercise calories up on over indulging. If anyone else is struggling right now, I feel your pain. Hang in there and we can do this.

Girrrrllll Me too..... OMG I was doing so good last night, then I saw the dang York peppermint patties, and the cherry filled kisses... BUT I did record every last one, so that in itself was a win for me right now... I meant to bring them to work with me this morning, but forgot them, so I am throwing them away when I get home...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Good morning Waistaways! Happy Friday. I think many of us are still being tempted by that holiday overabundance of yummy stuff. I left a lot of it at my daughter's house on New Year's Eve and sent a bunch home with my son. There are still a few stray things here. But, this cold has me less tempted, so there's the silver lining. LOL But good plan @Gidgitgoescrazy Throw that stuff away. We have today and tomorrow, then we are in a whole new "month" and a new opportunity to be on track. Scratch that! A new year is 365 (366 this year) chances to work your goals. Start today!

OK, STEPPERS......don't make me call you out by name. LOL Please get those steps in. Every step helps. Like Liselyn, those blank boxes on the spreadsheet make me sad. :(;) So let's fill them in, so we can say in January, "Look at how much we improved since December." Have a great day one and all. Make good choices and drink that water.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 210
    CW 210

No change but the last few days have been good on calories and eating healthier foods. I’m hoping to lose every weigh in starting next week. I’m trying more protien, vegetables and drinking water like crazy!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    PW 173.6
    CW 174.4

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to our new members!! My goal for this year is to reach my goal of 165 lbs. I lost 30lbs in 2019, 61.6 all together since I started losing weight at 236 lbs. It’s definitely been a journey of ups and downs!
    Good luck this year everyone!! We can do this!!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @Micki48 Steps!
    Sun 10,055
    Mon 10,150
    Tues 4,221
    Wed 10,126
    Thurs 10,244
  • jugar
    All the weights are up to date, and transferred to the January spreadsheet - we are getting there!

Yes, the treats have been bad. Ours are gone, and my husband has celiac disease, so there are no tempting gluten-containing foods here. But my son moved out in December and is still nearby enough to bring him things. The temptation to bake cookies for him (and of course, eating dough and trying a one. or two...) is strong. I RESIST! He lives near a fabulous bakery and can go spend his hard-earned cash there, or take my recipes and make his own, right? He's the one who needs to put on weight! Too much collateral damage to make him treats.

So, good job to all of you who are throwing out, giving away, or otherwise resisting those treats.
    h1i7xone7lkf.png

It is done. We are ALL going into the green numbers for January. We've got this!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,203 Member
    @jugar - Sorry again - I need to get back in the swing of things

PW - 149.6
    CW - 150.8

YIKES - I even broke my 980 something day streak for checking in on MFP - so sad.
This discussion has been closed.