WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

This chat room is where the members of this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the January 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of the week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have a Green January Challenge. We want every single person here to stay “in the green”. Losses appear in green on our spreadsheet, and that is what we want to see! 100% of us losing in January. Every week. Even if it is only a small amount. We can do it!

Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• jugar
    Options
    I know you'll all be coming over here to post introductions and get started with the new year soon, but just in case anyone missed this on the December chat ---

UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    lqfat8ejtaxq.jpeg

Welcome to the January Thread of Team Weight No More!!

We are now 33 members strong!! I am co-captain with the fabulous @sleepymom5! Our motivators are the amazing @nstephenson01 and @Mrsbell8well!

We are here to support each other through the good, bad and whatever else! It is going to be a great month and a great 2020!!

We have many new members and I will post a team list in another post. Whether you are new or returning, come on and tell us about yourself and your goals for 2020!

Here is some information for you about this thread:

Posting Your Daily Updates (or more frequently)
    We ask that you please try to check in daily or more if you please. If you don’t post daily, that’s ok, but just remember that the daily conversations that we have are a great opportunity for support through your journey. Please also post whenever you want, such as when you have a question, want to share information or tips, or if you need some extra support at a challenging moment or time.

For daily updates, you can use whatever format (or not) that you like. Many of us here check in with the following format:
    Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

Posting Your Weekly Weigh In.
    Please be sure to provide your weigh in as soon as you can on weigh in day. If something comes up and you cannot weigh in on your weigh day, please post here or message to advise me or @sleepymom5. We will let the moderators know as three missed weight ins on the spreadsheet means that you will be bumped to the support team (and eventually off the team). After you post, you will soon see the “insightful” reaction marked on your weigh in post. This means that either me or @sleepymom5 has recorded your weight on the spreadsheet. It is our system to make sure the other captain knows that the weight is recorded.

Here is how we ask that you weigh in weigh in on weigh in day:
    User ID: *
    Week Number: Week *
    Previous weight: *
    Current weight: *

The Fat2Fit Group

More People, New Look, New Team
    F2F has a new look with a new banner and landing page! You will find the spreadsheets there, as well as our team threads, challenge threads etc. F2F has over 100 new members, so a new team (the Downsizers) has been added for January!

Going Green in January
    As Liselyn has posted above, our challenge this January is to keep our weight tracking spreadsheet green, which means we have all lost or maintained, depending upon where we are at in our journey! No pressure, but it will be fun to try!!

Habit Tracker
    As Liselyn outlines above, a habit tracker has been posted at the link above. This is an optional tracker for you to use if you would like to track certain habits daily. If you wish to use the spreadsheet, unlike the weigh ins, you will enter your own information on the habit tracker spreadsheet daily. Just go to the tab for Team Weight No More, enter your name & habits, then start tracking!

Challenges
    The group usually posts weekly challenges, which are optional for members. It is a great way to get to know members of other teams and have some fun. Look out each Sunday for posts on this thread about challenges.

Looking forward to an amazing January with all of you!!!!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 143.2
    CW 143.4
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @rosieposiesrl - Yes you can certainly move your weigh in day to Friday. We are getting the spreadsheet updated with the new day.

@brown6267 - Your weigh in for week 1 will be on Saturday, Jan 11th, so I updated your starting weight on the January spreadsheet to what you posted here. The last week of December was a half week, so this past week including Saturday are counted for the December weight ins.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @gingerpwr - I love your January goals. They are small measurable things that will make such a difference. You have inspired me and I will make mine soon. May I ask what grounding exercises and strategies you are using? I would love some ideas.
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Amy. I'm 37, a wife, mom to 1, and a student going into my last semester of college (for now anyway!). I joined Weight No More in August 2019 (if I'm remembering correctly). I've lost 101 lbs- and 68 of those lbs have been with this group. I'm not sure what my goal weight will be- it's more of a "I'll know it when I see it", but I do know I'm not even close yet!

I'm not sure of what goals I want to make for this year. I'm kind of just doing my own thing. Obviously, I have more weight to lose. But I think one of the main things I want to start this year is being consistent with weight training.

I'm excited for the new year and also to get to know all of our new members. You're all going to love it here!
  • jugar
    Options
    NEWS FLASH!

You have one more new member - by request! @Fi45 is now officially a member of WNM. Welcome!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Amazing! Welcome @Fi45! Please jump on and introduce yourself!!
This discussion has been closed.