WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Today is going well. I hired 1 new employee and about to make an offer to another. Very excited about my 10 teammates! Good things ahead for 2020.
    I was determined to eat well today. I got up and made Molly and I breakfast oatmeal with apples and dates. Molly said it was the best oatmeal she ever ate. I thought it was really good too. It tasted like a candy bar. I usually eat it hot and pour some milk on it. But today I served it and took a bath. I figured I would heat it when I got to work and eat it then. I took a bite to taste it. It was barely warm but was so good I ate the whole thing with no additional milk. I rarely eat the whole serving. As a matter of fact it was so good that I decided to post the recipe I created as a special birthday treat for Pam @sleepymom5. I know your challenged in the kitchen so hopefully this will be easy for you. Lot's of ways to change it up and substitute what you like. Recipe following.
    For lunch I made a salad with ruffled green lettuce, dandelion greens, baby turnip green tops, fresh basil, salad turnips (small sweet white turnips), red cabbage, roasted cauliflower, a few black and green olives topped with olive oil and lemon juice.
    Molly is making an instapot navy bean soup for dinner that has fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilies. Sounds interesting. I brought a small grapefruit and extra apple for snacks.
    Recipe for oatmeal coming up soon.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well that oatmeal sounds amazing! :smile:
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food IF on track
    Water good
    Exercise 60 min walk, 15 min hulahoop
    Steps 10.176

IF is going well.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @jmilner89 wooohooo you are going down!!! I can hear onderland calling your name!
    @brown6267 sounds like you have a well thought out workout plan.
    @kirsten11872 wish I could make you a cake too. Thanks for the compliments!
    @sleepymom5 ahhhh thanks for the kind words. We would make great neighbors! I laughed when I saw the icons I sent you from my phone. It is supposed to be a celebration, a heart and a fairy! lol I am so glad your getting to enjoy your family time. I know that is your favorite gift.
    And ladies I LOVE garnets!!! You can give me all of yours.
    @jugar you are posting from my favorite mentor @AustinRuadhain helped turn me on to new ways of eating! She hit her goal right before I did.
    @nstephenson01 I see that number you posted but I also see how very very close it is to your goal! You are a maintenance poster girl. You will get there! a day will come when you plow through just like you did to lose all those other pounds before this! Hang in there.

• Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @ljdanny nice being back in the 180’s! Scary about the carbon monoxide.
    @Zumba_Luvah oh I love those puppies! Thanks for posting. Molly reminded me that we also have 6 pets lol. 1 doggie, 2 orange cats, 3 gold fish.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good evening team. What a good start to 2020.

- I have now been to three yoga classes at the super close "2 blocks" away studio. I love it! And they have very helpful class times. I am quite excited. Have now done 10 yoga classes in 10 days. I will end my streak today because of heavy work load next three days (12-14 hour days), but my shoulders and right hip could use a break :smile:
    - Today as I was cooking Butternut Squash Black Bean Enchiladas I noted how easy it was for me to use 90% of the can of enchilada sauce, 85% of the butternut squash, and 3/4 of the onion. A year ago I would have had to add those last bits to the recipe. Seems simple but to me points out my change in thinking to allow me to see food as fuel and "think thin" in allowing myself the freedom to throw things away. I also tried a square of a darker chocolate bar yesterday. Hated it. SPIT IT IN THE TRASH. No reason to have those calories. Threw the rest of the bar away too. I am in love with the power and freedom of not having to finish all food. I am a box checker, a completer, and a people pleaser. This is a hard earned skill.
    - How are you all thinking thinner? I do think it starts with the thought processes. At least for me as they guide my decisions so often mindlessly.

@mrsbell8well - Yum on the oatmeal. I just ate some as my bedtime snack after reading your post. Mine is instant higher fiber cranberry almond and I add 100-120grams of blueberries or raspberries to it. Love oatmeal on a cold day. Thanks for sharing the recipes. I love to see them.

@zumbah_luvah - Thanks for sharing that photo of your dogs. I love it! I am a dog lover and this made me smile for sure.
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Week #: 1
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    PW: 169.90 Kg / 154.10 lbs
    CW: 168.80 Kg / 151.68 lbs

1Kg lost & 12Kg to go! If I could choose a word for the year, it would be “CELEBRATE” – I want to make the most of every beautiful moment of every day!

@twyla77 – Cool, I’m also 5’3 & totally agree that 124lbs definitely looked the best too. I wish my weight went to my boobs, I seem to be suck looking like a 13 year old! Only I didn’t have muscles then either (couldn’t exercise back then), so this time I’m tacking on an extra 1kg to my goal & aiming for 57Kg/125.66 lbs – hopefully I’ll be super fit & healthy this time round! Enjoy the journey!

@Mrsbell8well – Wow didn’t know they had a “vegan friendly Baileys with almond milk” definitely buying this for hubby! Pretty awesome snow, great pics – it’s middle of summer here in Australia! That oatmeal sounds super yummy & perfect comfort food to me! I love the steel cut ones (so I can kind of activate them) but they take longer to cook.

@Cafelelia – Oh I hope your leg improves! Would a Remedial Massage Therapist be any good to either soften the muscle or release some tension surrounding muscles, or maybe the physio already covers that I guess... I’m allergic to caffeine but Coffee & Chocolate always smells so incredible, I’d love it if they made aromatherapy scents from it, hehe!

@nstephenson01 – Wow! Working out before a surprise barn build! That’s totally understandable to feel like that with such an overload, you are amazing & I wish I was able to do that, but still - ouch!! Plus side, you still thoroughly built up some muscles with all the work & the more muscles the more calories burned & energy – so I guess money in the bank!? I love your daily outlook “another day to make a good day!” Too right! (I’m stealing that for my motivations collection!) 😊 Also, a massage therapist told me once that ridiculously overdoing your normal exercise can sometimes cause a bit of water retention while it heals, so that can be a temporary weight fluctuation too?

@timibotkin – Yes, I’m totally with you on that “enjoying every moment” each day is so beautiful!

@sleepymom5 – Awww, the William surprise visit! Enjoy! Ooo air-fryer sounds healthy – I’ve never tried one before, sounds like a fantastic idea!! I’m #7 of 7 kids, & I so miss getting together on the farm growing up, but nobody sees each other anymore! We used to have so much fun with bonfires & marshmellows, etc. Good times & great memories! 😊 Have a fantastic time together!

@kirsten11872 – Yes! Great attitude! I used to be an “all or nothing” person & sometimes areas still am, but it’s awesome trying to be free from that. Often the stress & guilt can put your body in a ‘stress response’ state that makes it more difficult to loose weight; but on the other hand, if you choose to have something ‘naughty’ really ENJOY every bit of it cuz the opposite is true too, when your body is in ‘rest & repair’ mode this is more conducive to weight loss, not to mention far more FUN, esp when life has enough stresses! Sounds like you are having awesome success & you’re on fire with the workouts & challenges – way to go!!! I used to do IF (eating within 4Hr window daily & have a 1/wk 36hr fast) & loved it soo much, there are some great benefits (even found it good for healing my digestion that didn’t work & so painful! Then suddenly after a 36Hr fast it did!) – then I found out I’m hypoglycemic & can’t do that at the moment. Enjoy!

@Zumba_Luvah – Aaaw! Those fur babies are totally gorgeous!!!

@phoebe112476 – Hey, sounds like your mindset is definitely empowering you! I agree most things start in the mind; thoughts become emotions becoming actions, personalities & lifestyles… I struggle not finishing what’s on my plate, I think that comes from childhood (or face the wrath of mummy who always loaded it up! I used to love having the dog under the table, haha!) – so this year I’ve gotten around that by, as soon as I finish preparing meals (all calorie counted) I divide them into 2-3 small serves & put others in the fridge for ‘if I feel like it’… I’m surprised that I’m often full for a couple of hours after anyhow & never even hungry through the day as all my meals become snacks! Woohoo!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well how exciting will that be 😊 I'm going to have to try those oats too, they sound delicious!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/09 steps 12,146
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1/9 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: rest day

I was asked if I wanted to stay late for OT, I was thinking no but yes is what came out of my mouth.🙄 It will be really nice on my paycheck but it did mess up my day. I didn't get to bed until almost 10 (it's usually between 8 and 8:30). I was going to get up early enough to go to the gym but was tired when the alarm went off so I reset it and went back to sleep. I had just enough time to eat and get my things for work since I had to volunteer at 6.

We've had a couple of weeks off because of the holidays so it was nice to go back and see the little kids again. I got hugs from the two sisters who seem to have attached themselves to me. That always makes me feel pretty good. After I went for coffee with a friend who also volunteers there and right after that off to work.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday weigh in
    week 1
    pw: 162.9
    cw: 161.8
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my weigh in today. Don't really know what got me there but I will try to repeat it.
    I finished the puzzle the other day, will try to post a picture later today.
    Back to water aerobics this morning. Yay!!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 142.3
    Today's weight: 142.8
    Weekly Steps: 72,676
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @amytriesww - I know it was not the news that you were hoping for, but it is best to take the time to heal properly. I have asked that you be moved to cheer squad so you don’t have to worry about weighing in this month. Please continue to drop by and let us know how you are doing. Your journey has been so inspiring to us and we are here to support you! Take care!
This discussion has been closed.