Introduce Yourself!

Options
123457»

Replies

• jagolliher
    jagolliher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I moved to Norris Lake from IN 3 years ago when I retired. I've used Fitness Pal in the past with co workers. I'm trying to get started back and loose some more weight because my fatty liver level is increasing.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @jagolliher Welcome back!

Re: Fatty liver. Is it non-alcoholic fatty liver? I ask because I have seen a lot of news from the nutritional science world over the past several years about this. From what Ibhave seen, non-alcoholic fatty liver is less about weight and more about HFCS consumption. Of course, those who consume more HFCS are often doing so in a caloric surplus (for both obvious and non-obvious reasons), and weight gain happens in tandem.

However, ultra-runners who constantly have been feeding with high levels of HFCS and sugar/sucrose (which contains a fructose molecule) are absorbing that fructose in their livers and sometimes presenting with non-alcoholic fatty liver even when at a healthy weight.

Despite that I avoid all carbs as best as possible (I avoid eating plants), I'm not convinced fructose from fruit (whole fruit, not juice) is an issue. In fact, the research I have seen indicates it is not because of the smaller quantity and because it is paired with fiber. I'm dogmatic in what I do for personal health reasons, but I can recognize the differences between my health issues and other's.

In short, you might consider avoiding HFCS and sucrose for the fatty liver.
  • katelynequalls
    katelynequalls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My name is Katelyn and I live in Fairview, TN (have lived in TN all my life). I weigh 257.3 currently, am married, have two Boston terriers, am in school to become a teacher for little kids, and I am looking to lose weight because of a family history of diabetes. This is not my first time trying to use my fitness pal. However, I figure if I had enough will power to quit smoking cold turkey, then I can conform to eating healthy and exercising to get in shape. Also, I hope to make some friends in this group that can support me on my journey!
  • bjp931
    bjp931 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Brian. I live in Thompson's Station. I have lived in Tennessee for 6 years, after growing up in Indiana and then moving to Texas for 12 years. I have always battled being overweight.
  • Cusneddie
    Cusneddie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I’m from Ripley Tn