WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Good morning team! I took an extra day off. 1 last meal to prep and I’m good for the week. Haircut, cleaning, taking old folks to lunch and non stop day planned.
    @rosieposiesrl thanks for the kind words. If you do the book I would also recommend you do the Facebook support group. I’m an old pro at diets and planning/prepping but this is really new territory for me. I’m following the guidelines and feeling huge differences in my gut.
    @sleepymom5 you know I will get to that blog one of these days lol. I know you have been with me from day 1 and can vouch for all my different journeys I have tried to get to where I am today. Without question the healthiest best shape I have ever been in.
    It’s worth every day and every choice that we stop and make for our bodies best health.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @hope002 love the ski pictures. U look so skinny
    @gingerpwr we love ping pong! Great exercise!!
    @tryingagain5 glad the procedure went well. Take it easy.
    @JillyBT your doing it! Great job!
    @lennoncpa. I like being competitive too. Glad it’s working for you.
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Phoebe112476
    Week 3
    PW: 153.4
    CW: 153.8

Up 2 pounds from the last few days, but I am sure it will be a blip in the grand scheme. Have a great day team.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I researched Dr Gundry's method, to me it makes a lot of sense. At first I also thought he was a quack, but then I listened to all his podcasts and interviews with all the people his method helped and I changed my mind. He also does intermittent fasting 18-20 hours during the year and 22 hours in winter.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday Check In

Food - Logged & part IF
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 60 min walking, 10,784 steps

I am always so happy when I get get 8k or more steps with no pain. A year ago, I could barely get 3k steps with my injury. The kids are off today due to the school strikes, so I have to make this a short post.

@brown6267 - Great steps!
    @JillyBT - You are doing great!
    @hope002 - Your transformation is amazing! I love how your transformation photos are ski photos! It looks so beautiful there!
    @tryingagain5 - I am so glad that your tests went well and the results were good. I know it is unsettling to not know what is causing the bleaeding, but as you have been doing, it is best to stay occupied and keep following your doctor’s instructions.
    @sleepymom5 - I keep missing posts too. MFP has been wonky this January. Hope that you enjoyed the movie yesterday.
    @mrsbell8well - I have seen your transformation photos before, and they are impressive, no matter how many times I see them! Nice planning!
    @lennoncpa - Challenges can be huge motivators! I am still getting used to my AppleWatch. There are many things I love about it, but it is so different from my old Garmin. I am still adjusting!
    @rosieposiesrl - So great that you are experiencing so many changes and improvements over the last 6 months! Never give up is a fantastic motto!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    @mrsbell8well your pictures are inspirational

@cafelelia a turbo trainer is a clamp you put on a regular bike to turn it into a static exercise bike. It is a favourite with triathletes because it allows you to train on the bike on which you will race in all weathers. it also allows you to do interval sessions which can be difficult to do on the open road. The benefit of using your bike rather than an exercise bike is that it is fitted to you so (in theory at least) should be more comfortable.

@sleepymom5 did you like Little Women? I remember my mum reading it to me when I was little.

monday checkin
    food on target
    water on target
    exercise 30 min run with fartleks

I think a large part of the fatigue is down to my trying to pick up my old fitness routine after a bit of a break. I just need to get through it but treat myself well with nutrious food and lots of sleep. I am not medicating my tiredness with sugar and I think this is a step change for me that will require some adjustment physically. In the past when I have had an energy slump I have gone for the biscuit barell (cookie jar). I have put myself on a refined sugar ban until Easter. What that means in reality is no sweets (candies), cakes, biscuits (cookies) and no dessrts except for speical occaisons eg hubbub's birthday. I haven't gone whole hog and banned refined sugar from all foods such as bread, baked beans etc because, well, life is too short, also I don't act like a junky around those foods I can eat them in moderation. I am working with a coach in preparation for the world coal carrying race and I have just seen this evenings turbo session and eurgh I am not looking forward to it. It is only for 45 mins. Why is so much of adulting pushing myself to do stuff I don't want to do like errands admin work workouts. On the flip side, I am luck that I have a body that can do these things there are plenty of people who would love to but can't so I need to embrace it - it is part of getting fitter and stronger. Life eh!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    steps

1/19- 11,252
    1/20- 5,356
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    i didn't get to go to my gym class yesterday because of the nerve pinching in my hip. i might try to get to zumba because it's not as intense that's why my steps are so low. tomorrow i get my hair done. i am thinking about looking for a new job as i am getting bored. i am just comfortable here but am tired of the drama (as my phone rings on my desk and it begins, lol.) on that note i have to go check on things. have a great day.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    Monday Check In
    Food - good day but chocolate...
    Water - at least 64 oz
    Exercise - Nothing...

I am thinking of throwing the chocolate out and just giving MK new stuff when I see her tomorrow. (I know where she hides her candy) . This happens every year. I don't think she eats more than a few pieces. Maybe I should ask her if I should buy her a gift card instead of candy for Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Christmas...It is funny how candy doesn't have the same effect on her....
    The movie was great! I had a fun time with my friends. I told my husband, l remember sneaking into rated R movies when I was under 17(I looked older) and now my friends are sneaking me into movies at the senior rate! Lol! I am 54 and they are mid 60s, I used to work with them when I was a nurse in the ICU.
    Tonight Jim and I are going to dinner and a Flyers game (hockey) . I am not really a sports fan but it is fun to go to the games. I always want to do fun things and then when the opportunity arises, I don't feel like it. I almost said no. I am actually looking forward to it.
    I also have a follow up appointment for my BP today. Got to get moving. I hope everyone has a great day!

@tryingagain5 I am glad those tests are behind you and they didn't find anything. Now to figure out what is going on. Usually they just keep ruling things out until they find what is wrong. Hugs! Hope you can rest up today. I can't wait to hear how you like your crockpot meal.
    @hope002 Wow! What a difference! I can't believe you just started skiing last year! That is awesome. With how often you go, I just assumed you always skied!
    @JillyBT You are doing awesome!! Keep it going!!
    @brown6267 Fab steps my friend!
    @Mrsbell8well It just seems like you transformed your life along with your health. You did finances, clutter, new job...What a year for you! You rock!
    @phoebe112476 Not bad at all. I agree, it will be just a blip!
    @Cafelelia I feel the same way when I get over 6K steps. Lol! I am slowly trying to build my daily steps up each month.
    @amsandos I loved it! Great movie and I read the book when I was young and again a few years ago. It is good that you don't grab sugar when you are feeling fatigued. I like that you saw you did that in the past and are taking the steps to stop it. Your workouts make me tired just reading them! Lol! You are awesome!
    @ljdanny I hope that hip start feeling better soon. Don't push too much. Sometimes you have to listen to your body. Good luck with the job decision. It is always tough to leave someplace you are comfortable at.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    b323d0mpwv58.jpeg
    Monday's Weigh In still due
    @jedaschultz
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    @Freeglerock
    @amsandos
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @ljdanny
    @nstephenson01
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I have not been feeling well. I had laryngitis which turned into a cold. I am finally feeling better. I enjoyed my birthday with the family all weekend, it was nice despite my cold.

Not feeling well affected my workouts, which were non-existent! I am going back to the gym tonight, I need to get back to my normal routine. Time to get serious! I weighed myself this morning & I was not happy. I know I need to get my act together, or I will be miserable when the summer comes.

So far today my food has been on point. I will go home, get changed, go to the gym & eat a light dinner & start my fast!

Have a wonderful evening! I will try to catch up with your posts later, I see I have missed a bunch. :smiley:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5

I'm glad they didn't find anything with the tests but at the same time still wonder what's going on. I was on the aspirin for preventive for strokes, so just a little concerned about being off it. I had one stroke when I was 42 and a second one when I was 46. They were both in the balance center. I completely recovered from both of them and have no issues from either one of them. When I tell people who don't know, they look at me and don't believe me. I didn't have the typical stroke symptoms and didn't have any paralysis or anything like that. I was constantly dizzy for about 6 months and had balance issues and then when the dizziness lessened, I had more balance issues. The first one was worse than the second one.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @Cafelelia
    It is a bit unsettling to not know but as you said I'm following my doctor's advice. Hopefully taking the iron helps. I just started talking it last night so it will be a few weeks before I can go do the bloodwork for it. I'll just have to wait and see
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    JillyBT
    Daily check in
    Tuesday 1/21
    Tracing- yes
    Calorie - under
    Water: 72oz
    Exercise: boxing class ( it’s really half boxing and half interval training)
    Steps: 11,187
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    01/21 steps 13845
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Tuesday check in

Food - logged and on target!
    Exercise - Sick day!
    Water - 1l

I had the chills and was sick yesterday. The kids were home due to the strike and they had a lot of homework, so it was a busy day. I finally had to lie down around 4 pm! I feel better today and am going to try working out with my trainer.

@brown6267 - Fantastic steps

@Freeglerock - I am so sorry again about your brother. I lost my sister in 1992 and I know it is not easy to lose your sibling. Getting through you daily life is hard while grieving and you have so much on your plate. Just try to get through things task by task, one day at at a time, and try to get a bit of self care in, even just for a minute. I know that joyful events like a birthday party are very hard to deal with right now, but it can also be helpful to distract us too. Take care and sending you a big hug

@amsandos - Amazing loss!

@JillyBT - Congratulations on a fantastic day!

@tryingagain5 - You are do as well as can be expected in the circumstances. I had no idea about your history with strokes. Praying that your doctors get more information soon. You are doing all of the right things and it was good to get some rest. Your meal looks delicious & healthy!

@kirsten11872 - So sorry that you were sick and glad that you are feeling better. Happy Birthday!!

@timibotkin - You look great and look at all of the hair that you have! Glad that you are having a good week, keep it going!!

@sleepymom5 - Hope that your BP appointment went well. How was the Flyers game?

@ljdanny - I hope that your hip feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.